Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. (25245 Views)

RED Alert!..plan By Nigeria Army To Kill Nnamdi Kanu In Detention Uncovered / Baby Mauled To Death By Rats In Mexico As Teen Mom Is Out Partying! / ‘sexually Distracting’ Dress Lands School Girl In Detention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by hardbody: 10:18am On Feb 07, 2015
chocolateme:
With heavy heart, I narrate to you how my mom ended up in SARS custody till today. I may not be able to give every single detail of what happened but please feel my pain and give me your opinion and advice. It may be a bit long but please bear with me.

My parents stay at Anambra but I and my sister stay in Lagos due to our job, I called my mom on Wednesday last 2 days but her number was switched off and I called dad who said mom's phone is broken and that they will call us back when he gets to the house. Ok they never called, yesterday. The same excuses, I asked him if there is any problem, he replied ''no''.

Suddenly by 5.30 this morning he called that we should open the gate for him, meaning that he came to Lagos on night bus. We were surprised, though not that surprised because he is meant to leave for China tomorrow for business.

He opened up this morning that on Wednesday around 5am, their house help woke up to go and switch on the sumo to pump water and saw about five men jumping into our compound through the fence, she ran to their room and woke them, they started hearing loud bangs on the gate from outside and on the iron door entrance to our house. They later realized it was the police but SARS.

Before now, we had business setback and loaned around 2.8m from the bank, (3 years now to be precise). I don't know how they calculated the interest but last year they refused to accept the loan amount first so we can be paying the interest in instalments. So now it accumulated, my dad said the bank said its 7m that we shall pay and even one of our shops that was used as collateral wasn't moving well due to location so it was rented out but it is still my day's property and the local government has its evidence of existence and ownership. The loan was collected by my mom via my dad's signature and paper, they run different lines of businesses and both travels too.

It was the bank that sent them that morning, knowing that it will be very difficult to make contacts to alleviate the situation if they arrest my dad, my mom decided that dad hides so she could speak with them. My dad went up to our penthouse. They ransacked every where in the house and did not see him, one of them noticed the penthouse and went up threatening to break the door ( they were 8 in number). My mom told them that she is the one that got the loan not her husband, that she will go with them to their office.

She changed into her clothes and they took her away till today, my dad has been trying all possible best to bail her through the lawyer but its hard, then they started trailing my dad. The lawyer advised him to leave the state because it will be worst if they catch him and if they catch him, he should forget about traveling or access to make contact while in detention. Secondly it is really important for him to travel as his flight has been booked, since today, so much efforts have been put in to bail her but to no avail, the top ranked police officer has put a call through from Abuja but yet nothing. I don't know how much the SARS were paid.

They went with the shop's original documents and the lawyer today to the shop and the Manager ended up rejecting it after evaluation with reasons that it will not fetch them seven million, its harder because the former bank manager just retired and this is a new manger. The lawyer wanted to file a court case but the NBA Anambra is still on strike that's why it's difficult to bail her.

Her BP is fast going out of hand and she has refused to eat since Wednesday only water. My brother with the lawyer has taken her drugs to her, the lawyer has decided that by Monday, they file the case on Federal high court and that way, they will grant her bail. Everyone is panicking, I don't understand and I don't know but we all unanimously accept that dad should not go there. Though so far, he is getting help from his contacts, but what I know is that the amount 7m is unacceptable. I feel it's unfair to jump into our private property through the fence as if they were coming to catch a criminal, the Manager has turned deaf ear to everybody's plea to grant mom bail on her health status. Well that's all I understand for now, so she will stay there till Monday again,
I don't even know what to do to help. Do you have anything helpful as per advice so we see if she can be released before Monday? Monday sef is too far. My dad is so pale now and is refusing to eat too.

Let your lawyer apply for bail in court under the Fundamental Human Rights Procedure. A commercial loan default is not criminal except your dad has issued a dud cheque. She will be released by Monday. Cheer up.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by tbaby534(f): 10:18am On Feb 07, 2015
Na was o
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by nairaman66(m): 10:19am On Feb 07, 2015
Police brutality- through the bank!
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by lordbureson(m): 10:21am On Feb 07, 2015
Brov advice ur mum to eat and take her drugs let her relax the SARS or watever can't do her anytin because is not a criminal case !

1 Like

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Decryptor(m): 10:21am On Feb 07, 2015
Tell us the name of the useless bank

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by victorazy(m): 10:22am On Feb 07, 2015
mutter:
The first thing you need to do i get down there where she is. There you can better take care of her. What does SARS have to do with this case?
In which town exactly is this if you doT mind sharing

SARS have everything to do with it cuz is a criminal case.
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by slap1(m): 10:22am On Feb 07, 2015
Since the bank decided to fight dirty, why not name the bank and branch here?

7 Likes

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by victorazy(m): 10:23am On Feb 07, 2015
lordbureson:
Brov advice ur mum to eat and take her drugs let her relax the SARS or watever can't do her anytin because is not a criminal case !

Is a criminal case
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Yungmilio2(m): 10:23am On Feb 07, 2015
Share till it get to someone that can help
My only help in here

1 Like

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by teamup: 10:24am On Feb 07, 2015
feel ur pain guy
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Tymax(m): 10:24am On Feb 07, 2015
Just try to hang on. The bank is supposed to confiscate the shop. That's all. SARS is anti-robbery. Wetin concern SARS with loan debt?

Don't panic, you'll get your mother out. After that, sue the bank and publicize the case so that they would beg you for out of court settlement. If not, they would bribe and have their way. The bank has money but Publicity will bring them to their knees.

9 Likes

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Hidentity(m): 10:25am On Feb 07, 2015
First, I don't want to focus on the whole debt issue, the accumulation, shop and all that. I am simply here to say a few things about how your mum can be granted bail.

Friend, I am sorry for the situation. However, I think that your counsel (lawyer) is not doing the necessary. On the issue of bail, bail is only not allowed for capital offences I.e offences that carry death penalty. There are even exceptions to that. Bail can be granted in few instances.

Here, it is about recovery of debt. Ignoring the illegality in the process of arrest and all that, your mum should not be in their custody beyond 24 hours without being charged to court. The "offence" in question is bailable. All that the bank should have done is to have a meeting with your parents and reach certain agreements on when, how and who will pay the debt. In doing that, they can vary the original terms like the interest. The way they are going about it is both illegal and not civil.

Here is my advice: Charge your lawyer to live up to his professional responsibilities. If he can't, there are a couple of vibrant advocates out there, meet with them if you can afford the pay. If you can't, there are legal aid organisations that can help without taking a dime. They are in Lagos. If need be, I can drop a few links for you.

You feel like this because our society is not the ideal type. Don't think law does not work here, it depends on how you go about it and how informed you are.

NOTE: When you are done rectifying this, there is a good case against the bank and SARS for the illegal approach.

I wish you well.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by teemy(m): 10:25am On Feb 07, 2015
firstly get video and people evidence covering the bank manager and the sars people that confirms your mum is in detention so they cannot deny it later to avoid her suddenly disappearing when the case becomes hot on the cops and the bank. be discrete

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by byteHead(m): 10:27am On Feb 07, 2015
Too bad

Ist Timothy 6: 9-10
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Ishilove: 10:28am On Feb 07, 2015
victorazy:

Is a criminal case
How is it a criminal case?

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by madgoat(m): 10:28am On Feb 07, 2015
@OP, SINCE THE SHOP WAS THE COLLATERAL ON THE LOAN AGREEMENT, YOU PEOPLE SHD NOT PAY ANY NONSENSE 7MILLION. DNT LET THE BANK INTIMIDATE YOU. THE REASON FOR DROPPING A COLLATERAL IS SO DAT IF U CANT PAY BACK THE LOAN, THE BANK CONFISCATES THE COLLATERAL. THE WILL AV ALREADY DONE EVALUATION OF THE COLLATERAL BEFORE GRANTING THE LOAN SO ITS NON OF UR FAMILY'S BUSINESS NOW IF THE BANK IS SAYING DAT THE SHOP CANNOT OFFSET THE 7 MILLION. ITS THE BANK'S FAULT AND THE BANK MANAGER KNOWS THAT THE BANK IS AT FAULT AND THATS WHY THEY ARE TRYING TO INTIMIDATE YOU WITH SARS.
PLZ POINT THIS FACT OUT TO YOUR DAD AND LAWYER. STICK WT DAT COLLATERAL. THE BANK HAS NO BUSINESS GETTING YOUR PARENTS ARRESTED. ITS VERY CRIMINAL OF THEM.

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by UncleSnr(m): 10:28am On Feb 07, 2015
https://mobile.twitter.com/fkeyamo Festus Keyamo Twitter details. His email is there. Or better check this http://www.google.co.in/m?q=festus+keyamo
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Nobody: 10:28am On Feb 07, 2015
A lot of holes in yourstory but I find out you guys took a loan that accumulated ..probably all avenues to get you pay failed.2.you dad hid and your mum went to speak to them and your mum was the signer so she is accountable. The bank probably used all ways to get their money they had no options and they probably couldn't wait for your business to start moving. .see how you make your bed is how you lay on it..cunning man die cunning man bury am. Now kataka don burst we dey hear one side..pay up..maybe na be cos of the loan them commot bank manager. .no sorry for you here..personal responsibility. .own your s.h.it and clean up the mess u made. .next

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by UncleSnr(m): 10:31am On Feb 07, 2015
https://mobile.twitter.com/fkeyamo Festus Keyamo Twitter details. His email is there. Or better check this http://www.google.co.in/m?q=festus+keyamo
chocolateme:
how can I reach him? As in his email add. Tnx
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Raymie(m): 10:32am On Feb 07, 2015
Name the Bank and branch. What rubbish? If one defaults on a loan, the Bank should know the due process to follow rather than using SARS to invade their house. If not yhu're already precarious situation, yhur parents can sue for character defamation against the said bank.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by madgoat(m): 10:33am On Feb 07, 2015
ehie:
A lot of holes in yourstory but I find out you guys took a loan that accumulated ..probably all avenues to get you pay failed.2.you dad hid and your mum went to speak to them and your mum was the signer so she is accountable. The bank probably used all ways to get their money they had no options and they probably couldn't wait for your business to start movjing. .see how you lay your bed is how you on it..cunning man die cunning man bury am. Now kataka don burst we dey hear one side..pay up..maybe na be cos of the loan them commot bank manager. .no sorry for you here..personal responsibility. .own your s.h.it and clean up the mess u made. .next

NONSENSE... YOU ARE TALKING THROUGH UR ANUS. I HOPE UR MUM GETS ARRESTED BY SARS ALSO.

21 Likes

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by damola1: 10:33am On Feb 07, 2015
A
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by amjoy: 10:34am On Feb 07, 2015
Police is not s debt recovery agency. Let ur lawyer sue for enforcement of fundamental rights agalnst the bank and the police and claim damages in millions. It so unprofessional for that bank to act in such manner.

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by purplekayc(m): 10:36am On Feb 07, 2015
chocolateme:
With heavy heart, I narrate to you how my mom ended up in SARS custody till today. I may not be able to give every single detail of what happened but please feel my pain and give me your opinion and advice. It may be a bit long but please bear with me.

My parents stay at Anambra but I and my sister stay in Lagos due to our job, I called my mom on Wednesday last 2 days but her number was switched off and I called dad who said mom's phone is broken and that they will call us back when he gets to the house. Ok they never called, yesterday. The same excuses, I asked him if there is any problem, he replied ''no''.

Suddenly by 5.30 this morning he called that we should open the gate for him, meaning that he came to Lagos on night bus. We were surprised, though not that surprised because he is meant to leave for China tomorrow for business.

He opened up this morning that on Wednesday around 5am, their house help woke up to go and switch on the sumo to pump water and saw about five men jumping into our compound through the fence, she ran to their room and woke them, they started hearing loud bangs on the gate from outside and on the iron door entrance to our house. They later realized it was the police but SARS.

Before now, we had business setback and loaned around 2.8m from the bank, (3 years now to be precise). I don't know how they calculated the interest but last year they refused to accept the loan amount first so we can be paying the interest in instalments. So now it accumulated, my dad said the bank said its 7m that we shall pay and even one of our shops that was used as collateral wasn't moving well due to location so it was rented out but it is still my day's property and the local government has its evidence of existence and ownership. The loan was collected by my mom via my dad's signature and paper, they run different lines of businesses and both travels too.

It was the bank that sent them that morning, knowing that it will be very difficult to make contacts to alleviate the situation if they arrest my dad, my mom decided that dad hides so she could speak with them. My dad went up to our penthouse. They ransacked every where in the house and did not see him, one of them noticed the penthouse and went up threatening to break the door ( they were 8 in number). My mom told them that she is the one that got the loan not her husband, that she will go with them to their office.

She changed into her clothes and they took her away till today, my dad has been trying all possible best to bail her through the lawyer but its hard, then they started trailing my dad. The lawyer advised him to leave the state because it will be worst if they catch him and if they catch him, he should forget about traveling or access to make contact while in detention. Secondly it is really important for him to travel as his flight has been booked, since today, so much efforts have been put in to bail her but to no avail, the top ranked police officer has put a call through from Abuja but yet nothing. I don't know how much the SARS were paid.

They went with the shop's original documents and the lawyer today to the shop and the Manager ended up rejecting it after evaluation with reasons that it will not fetch them seven million, its harder because the former bank manager just retired and this is a new manger. The lawyer wanted to file a court case but the NBA Anambra is still on strike that's why it's difficult to bail her.

Her BP is fast going out of hand and she has refused to eat since Wednesday only water. My brother with the lawyer has taken her drugs to her, the lawyer has decided that by Monday, they file the case on Federal high court and that way, they will grant her bail. Everyone is panicking, I don't understand and I don't know but we all unanimously accept that dad should not go there. Though so far, he is getting help from his contacts, but what I know is that the amount 7m is unacceptable. I feel it's unfair to jump into our private property through the fence as if they were coming to catch a criminal, the Manager has turned deaf ear to everybody's plea to grant mom bail on her health status. Well that's all I understand for now, so she will stay there till Monday again,
I don't even know what to do to help. Do you have anything helpful as per advice so we see if she can be released before Monday? Monday sef is too far. My dad is so pale now and is refusing to eat too.
maybe you guys didnt read fully the bank documents before signing for rhe loan.these bankers are not what you think
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 07, 2015
madgoat:

NONSENSE... I HOPE UR MUM GETS ARRESTED BY SARS ALSO.
indeed. ..you know the high interest rates these banks charge.why would anyone collect loans it's about 35 percent and it grows monthly..Secondly do not do the crime if you can't do the time. Enuf said..A word is enuf for the wise or you end up writing epistle on nairaland
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by subah(m): 10:37am On Feb 07, 2015
This is why I will never borrow a dime from any bank. Bishop Oyedepo said its harrowing. They infringe on your rights, you pay more outrageous interests, you get embarrassed if anything goes wrong. May God send help 2 ur mum.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by ybalogs(m): 10:38am On Feb 07, 2015
How to locate your PVC. Go to www.govote.ng/pickup. Type the PU Number on your temporary voter card, search and your #PVC‬ location will appear... Be A Good Samaritan, Please Share!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by mitchyy(f): 10:39am On Feb 07, 2015
I had similar experience. Dad spent up to a year. It wasn't funny at all
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Nobody: 10:39am On Feb 07, 2015
Upon that your popsy still wan go China. .una get penthouse yet una neva settle gbese. .una neva see anything oh

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by stagger: 10:40am On Feb 07, 2015
First things first. Get our mum released on bail on Monday using a lawyer to enforce her fundamental human rights. Then institute a case against the police and have them busy on that, also getting an injunction to prevent them from arresting and harassing your mum.

But the fact remains: you are owing the bank. Get a professional to negotiate terms of repayment of that loan immediately. Fact is that you should never have allowed it to get to this level. Banks are under pressure to recover non-performing loans and if Cecilia Ibru's properties can be confiscated by AMCON over matters such as this, your mum who has little or no connections cannot expect to be treated better.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Rainmaker69(m): 10:42am On Feb 07, 2015
Change your lawyer fast! Then get your new lawyer to write a petition to the IGP and copy the National Human Rights Commission. Make sure you identify the parties who have played one role or the other including the former manager. Do this while filing your fundamental human rights case in court.
If she has been in custody for more than 48 hours and hasn't been charged to court, the the court can order her release.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Arysexy(m): 10:43am On Feb 07, 2015
SARS awkuzu us becoming notorious for hatchet job. the same Bastards that killed and dumped massob members into ezu river.

Get a human right lawyer and Sue the bank and SARS immediately. This is not a robbery case Why sars?

The bank manager May land himself in soup. Let them dispose off the collateral and recover their loan. Rubbish bankers.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos Of Facebook, Twitter, Google Etc. Offices / Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly? Share Your Experience! / Accident Kills Traders In Niger State While Transporting Their Goods (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.