Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,484 members, 7,958,464 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:53 PM

Hypocrisy In Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hypocrisy In Marriage (4332 Views)

Marriage Fallacy: The Hypocrisy In Monogamy / Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character / What We Men Really Pray For In Marriage (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hypocrisy In Marriage by Bluffly: 11:08pm On Feb 07, 2015
samtol4:
it is difficult to sacrifice for a man swimming in extra-marital affairs and likewise with a wasteful and purpose less woman. I preside with sincerity and openest you know the kind man or woman u marry you will understand how to operate .However for me my woman knows my total income and she has access to my atm(she is my bank manager and chief planner) and I have access to hers also .(That is not issue).When you are honest a good woman surrenders all to you. Unfortunately many men are possessed with the "demon of infidelity" and kept women outside and these women drained the family purse while some women are extremely wasteful ,a woman will want to buy all aso ebi and though she has 30shoes already she want more and she want d lastest Phones not considering the income of the husband, when you marry such lady u need wisdom otherwise you end up in penury

What of a situation where infidelity is absent, the man is not wasteful, wife not wasteful, man earning 5 digits, and wife 6 digits. The wife knows what the husband earns precisely, but the husband does not care to know what the wife earns precisely neither does the wife mentions it specifically. Wife has a natural insecurity and sees her money as her own, buys properties in her name and wants the husband to be fronting it. Wife's earning is wth benefits but husbands' earning is without benefits. If you were the husband how would you perceive this situation?
Re: Hypocrisy In Marriage by samtol4(m): 6:24am On Feb 08, 2015
Bluffly:

What of a situation where infidelity is absent, the man is not wasteful, wife not wasteful, man earning 5 digits, and wife 6 digits. The wife knows what the husband earns precisely, but the husband does not care to know what the wife earns precisely neither does the wife mentions it specifically. Wife has a natural insecurity and sees her money as her own, buys properties in her name and wants the husband to be fronting it. Wife's earning is wth benefits but husbands' earning is without benefits. If you were the husband how would you perceive this situation?
.Why buy properties in her own name ?why see money as her own money ?Bible says Two shall become one.I will find out what is causing "insecurity"from her since I am faithful and honest.
Re: Hypocrisy In Marriage by LewsTherin: 6:43am On Feb 08, 2015
Been liking your comments @samtol4.

Hypocrisy in marriage begins before marriage. So don't blame the institution of marriage for problems that were brought into it. A couple who were not honest and open with each other would not become honest and open after saying I do. Anyone with a mindset that "I had better protect my side just in case..." will sow the seeds for that "iin case"

It takes both to make a good marriage and if you see your other has no intention to fully commit before you tie the knot, why bother going on with it only to complain afterwards? Because the signs are always clear when either party is not being fully into it.
Re: Hypocrisy In Marriage by luvablesam(m): 10:05am On Feb 08, 2015
Ewuro4:

Na fight? shocked who died Sam?

No one died.....sorry I was harsh...but y wouldn't someone be able to eat with a lover from d same plate?
Re: Hypocrisy In Marriage by Bluffly: 10:24am On Feb 08, 2015
samtol4:
.Why buy properties in her own name ?why see money as her own money? Bible says Two shall become one.I will find out what is causing " insecurity" from her since I am faithful and honest.

Then in whose name should it be bought? Husband's, Wife's, or Mr & Mrs. If it's in Mr's by the Mr's, maybe wife is submitting in everything, Mrs-the husband believes that anything acquired in marriage is a community property(Same goes for Mr), Mr & Mrs -Maybe they are both Thomas and needs to see with their eyes.
Re: Hypocrisy In Marriage by samtol4(m): 1:58pm On Feb 08, 2015
Bluffly:

Then in whose name should it be bought? Husband's, Wife's, or Mr & Mrs. If it's in Mr's by the Mr's, maybe wife is submitting in everything, Mrs-the husband believes that anything acquired in marriage is a community property(Same goes for Mr), Mr & Mrs -Maybe they are both Thomas and needs to see with their eyes.
Both names .Mr and Mrs .....
Re: Hypocrisy In Marriage by samtol4(m): 2:23pm On Feb 08, 2015
@Lews...I appreciate your comment you made valid points .Hypocrisy doesn't start in marriage ,starts before marriage .Likewise infidelity and wasteful living .
Re: Hypocrisy In Marriage by bukatyne(f): 2:36pm On Feb 08, 2015
Bluffly:

there will be an overseer now. how do you think interests would be harmonized? The truth is one must sacrifice his/her interest in order for an agreement to come to been. So who bows most times.

I believe We are still talking finance

They both seat down and discuss the needs of the family.

If they cannot reach common ground, then running joint finances is definitely not for them.
Re: Hypocrisy In Marriage by samtol4(m): 2:41pm On Feb 08, 2015
bukatyne:

I believe We are still talking finance

They both seat down and discuss the needs of the family.

If they cannot reach common ground, then running joint finances is definitely not for them.
if they cannot reach common ground then I doubt if the marriage will be enjoyable .Marriage is all about compromise and sacifice .
Re: Hypocrisy In Marriage by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 08, 2015
U don't put all your eggs in one basket..
Re: Hypocrisy In Marriage by bukatyne(f): 2:50pm On Feb 08, 2015
samtol4:
if they cannot reach common ground then I doubt if the marriage will be enjoyable .Marriage is all about compromise and sacifice .

Bros it depends on What you term enjoyable

True marriage is about compromise and sacrifice
Re: Hypocrisy In Marriage by samtol4(m): 4:12pm On Feb 08, 2015
bukatyne:

Bros it depends on What you term enjoyable

True marriage is about compromise and sacrifice
You ENJOY OR ENDURE in any relationship including marriage .Enjoyable means PEACE OF MIND not eating chicken and chips ,not in material things .
Re: Hypocrisy In Marriage by Ewuro4: 5:00pm On Feb 08, 2015
luvablesam:

No one died.....sorry I was harsh...but y wouldn't someone be able to eat with a lover from d same plate?

No worries. You're obviously offended by that statement. It's not just marriage for me but an overall pet peeve since my teenage years. I just don't like double dipping my food with ANYBODY. My kids usually bring saviette/paper towels if they want part of my food sef so you know how extreme that is.

Whispers *i refused the holy communion because of multiple dipping ( bread in wine) , thank God I atend oyinbo church, they made my cup Seperately( few of us like that)* they wouldve called me several names in Naija church. Like you did. grin Getting ready for church, enjoy the rest of your sunday.

samtol4:
You ENJOY OR ENDURE in any relationship including marriage .Enjoyable means PEACE OF MIND not eating chicken and chips ,not in material things .

True that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Butterfly Sewing Machine For Sale Location Surulere / What To Do If You Are Married To A Choleric Husband Or Wife. / My Younger Sister No Longer Want To Practice Her Faith....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.