Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Aspiring Model Told She Was 'too Short' Has Her Legs SURGICALLY Lengthened - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Aspiring Model Told She Was 'too Short' Has Her Legs SURGICALLY Lengthened (1502 Views)

Weak Erection: What My Uncle Told Me / She Welcomed A Boy After Being Told She Was Having A Girl / Man In Kwara Cuts Off His Penis Because 3 Women In His Dream Told Him To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aspiring Model Told She Was 'too Short' Has Her Legs SURGICALLY Lengthened by Sibrah: 3:26am On Feb 07, 2015
Aspiring model told she was 'too short' has her legs SURGICALLY lengthened so she can fulfil her dream of appearing on the catwalk

Alexandra Transer, 30, was told at 17 she was too short to be a model
Decided to spend £6,000 on leg extension surgery so she could grow taller
Surgery involves attaching a cage to legs and stretching them daily
Grew 6cm (2.4 inches) in nine months and aims to be 6ft (183 cm) by 2018
'I'll probably be too old to be a model then but at least I will look like one'

An aspiring model who was told she was too short for the catwalk spent has thousands of pounds having her legs surgically lengthened.

From the age of 14, Alexandra Transer from the city of Volgograd, in south-western Russia, wanted to be a model.

But being just 5.4ft (165cm) she was nowhere near the 6ft (183cm) needed.

So she decided to work and save up money to have radical surgery to make her legs longer

Alexandra Transer, from Russia, paid £6,000 for leg extension surgery because her 5'4" frame meant she was too short to be a model. Her legs grew by 6cm (2.4 inches) in nine months. She is pictured before (left) and after (right) the procedure

'But I had read about something called the Ilizarov apparatus which lengthens bones and that the Soviet high jump champion Valery Brumel had had this done in 1968.

'So I decided to work and save up money to have the operation done.
'Seeing that I was so determined, my parents gave in and agreed to support me.'

Turning down a place at university, Ms Transer, who is now 30, went to work as an assistant for her engineer father until she saved up the £6,000 needed.

The surgery involved surgically fracturing her legs and fitting a metal cage known as a ring apparatus to each leg.

As she recovered, the fractured bone began to grow together.

But while it was growing, Ms Transer had to turn a screw on each cage four times a day, moving the healing fracture apart by approximately one milimeter a day.

Over time, this meant her leg stretched by 6cm (2.4 inches).

She said: 'The first operation went really well and in nine months I grew by 6cm.

'I am now planning two more operations in the next couple of years and by 2018 I will be 6ft.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2942574/Aspsiring-model-told-short-legs-surgically-lengthened-fulfil-dream-appearing-catwalk.html
Re: Aspiring Model Told She Was 'too Short' Has Her Legs SURGICALLY Lengthened by jeffizy(m): 3:31am On Feb 07, 2015
While I commend her fighting spirit , I'm cringing at the thought of the pains and discomfort she will endure to achieve her dream.

1 Like

Re: Aspiring Model Told She Was 'too Short' Has Her Legs SURGICALLY Lengthened by Nobody: 3:36am On Feb 07, 2015
Anything dat makes her happpy... BTW if u need something similar; pls contact me
Re: Aspiring Model Told She Was 'too Short' Has Her Legs SURGICALLY Lengthened by Opiosko: 3:38am On Feb 07, 2015
jeffizy:
While I commend her fighting spirit , I'm cringing at the thought of the pains and discomfort she will endure to achieve her dream.
I guess her pain of being rejected is more than the physical pain.....
Re: Aspiring Model Told She Was 'too Short' Has Her Legs SURGICALLY Lengthened by jeffizy(m): 3:39am On Feb 07, 2015
Opiosko:

I guess her pain of being rejected is more than the physical pain.....

Well, I guess she feels better then.
Re: Aspiring Model Told She Was 'too Short' Has Her Legs SURGICALLY Lengthened by Nutase: 7:11am On Feb 07, 2015
vanity
Re: Aspiring Model Told She Was 'too Short' Has Her Legs SURGICALLY Lengthened by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 07, 2015
...and by 2018 when she's 6 feet, she will be too old to be a green model. Not Quite finished, in 2038 when she will be in her 50s her legs will begin to ask her 'why'. Sometimes, it makes a lot of sense to let sleeping dogs be.
Re: Aspiring Model Told She Was 'too Short' Has Her Legs SURGICALLY Lengthened by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 08, 2015
Raymondenyi:
Anything dat makes her happpy... BTW if u need something similar; pls contact me

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Aspiring Model Told She Was 'too Short' Has Her Legs SURGICALLY Lengthened by Nobody: 2:32pm On Feb 08, 2015
iOmoge:

shocked shocked shocked shocked
need 1?

(1) (Reply)

African Roots/herbs For Treatment And Cure For The Following / Great Hope for Sickle Cell Patients: Many Lives Have Been Drastically Changed / Chemotherapy, What Do You Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.