Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Myth Busted: Men Can Hold Pee Longer Than Women - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Myth Busted: Men Can Hold Pee Longer Than Women (50413 Views)

How To Pee With Morning Wood (erection)....for The Guys / (photos)product Invented To Allow Women To Pee Standing Up / The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Myth Busted: Men Can Hold Pee Longer Than Women by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 07, 2015
Every lady would tell you, they can hold pee longer, well myth has been busted.

I'm not trying to argue here. I'm trying just present
medical facts as I know them.
You are entitled to your own opinion too of course.
But I do not see any medical evidence that support your
views on this. Here is what I've found again in summary.
1. Bladder size tends to follow body size -- so a male and
female of equal body size might well have similar sized
bladders.
2. But males have better, larger, and stronger urethral
sphincters for stopping urine flow (this is known from
anatomy and from measurements of urethral squeezing
pressure).
3.Therefore, on average males can hold their urine to
higher pressures and therefore to higher volumes that
females (this means more urine and longer holding
times).
1. As to room in the lower abdominal cavity -- well
contrary to statements on this string -- males have
MORE room down there as they do NOT have a uterus
laying right on top of their bladder like females do.
Re: Myth Busted: Men Can Hold Pee Longer Than Women by Lexusgs430: 9:36am On Feb 07, 2015
No point holding pee, it's waste and needs to be flushed out when the urge arises !!!
Re: Myth Busted: Men Can Hold Pee Longer Than Women by Raiders: 9:54am On Feb 07, 2015
I think men hold pees more than women. I remember travelling from Warri to lagos and there was this lady that wanted to pee but the driver of the bus refused to stopped because it was an unsafe area. The lady was crying because she could not hold her pee anymore and almost urinated on her body before the driver agreed to stop the bus. grin Lol. It was a really funny experience.
Re: Myth Busted: Men Can Hold Pee Longer Than Women by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 07, 2015
I was going to the island from oshodi, no be small thing, my bladder nearly burst because I was looking for where to pee all along. To make it worse, we come enter hold up, na that day I know say 1+1 can give you 39. I did not know when I got down from the car and started urinating just by the express. When I finished, it was as if I was delivered from a very powerful force. My friend laugh die grin

2 Likes

Re: Myth Busted: Men Can Hold Pee Longer Than Women by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 07, 2015
Lexusgs430:
No point holding pee, it's waste and needs to be flushed out when the urge arises !!!

I totally agree, but ladies often cite that men can't hold pee for long compared to females, I wonder where all the female nairalanders are too comment.
Re: Myth Busted: Men Can Hold Pee Longer Than Women by Quality20(m): 6:33am On Feb 08, 2019
Well d holding rate may well depend on composure, reflexes, weather,training and one's social, moral and religious being. As for me, I can hardly urinate in d full view of ppl lke some guyses do. I still wonder why many guys can't wait to get to secluded areas b4 easing themselves

(1) (Reply)

US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola / Couple Abandon Their Mentally Challenged Child In Hospital And Ran Away - Photo / Different Types Of People When They Fall Sick (images)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.