Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

"Forget The Online Polls And Buhari's Victories - They Are Unrealistic" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Forget The Online Polls And Buhari's Victories - They Are Unrealistic" (747 Views)

Victor Okon Quits Akwa-Ibom Rerun Polls And Dumps Party / Boko Haram Bombed Abuja To Mock Recent Military Victories Against Them – NLC / APC Planning To Use Tribunals To Steal Our Little Victories, PDP Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Forget The Online Polls And Buhari's Victories - They Are Unrealistic" by Babare(m): 1:22pm On Feb 07, 2015
Ahead of the February 14 Presidential election, many online polls have been conducted on certain websites between the amiable Gen. Muhammadu Buhari and the incumbent Dr. Goodluck Jonathan. So far, it seems Gen. Buhari has won a greater number of votes than President Jonathan. And this has led to a wide assumption that Buhari will knock off GEJ in the poll come Val's day.

But since it is an online poll result, I would beg to differ. It would be illogical for anyone to conclude, assume the final result of February 14 election just because of the online results. We are not as civilised as other Western nations where the average citizen patronises the internet on hourly basis. If identities can be revealed, we would realize that many of our online voters don't even have PVCs. It is a pity that many gullible Nigerians, and even some APC Chieftains, have banked the outcome of the online poll - thinking it would be replicated physically.

For those who care to know, a greater amount of the real Nigerian voters don't even understand the word "internet" or how to go about it. Some others know about the internet but don't have the zeal, time to use it. In the past few weeks I have moved about few rural villages (on a personal development project), and I acknowledge that the percentage of PVC owners there is amazing. Even though some would have participated, I must confess that many of them don't know about the "online thing".

If it is true that GEJ is widely accepted by the women, we all know many of our mothers or aunties don't either understand or have time for the internet. Yet they have their PVCs.

Personally, I don't partake in any online poll as I believe it is unrealistic. The nairaland pattern of "click like for GMB and share for GEJ" is also very funny as many youths are already drawing conclusions from them. I know some principled persons won't partake in the "unrealistic" online polls.

My simple advice to APC and its supporters is to continue reaching out to Nigerians, especially those in remote areas, and not to bank on online results. Online polls are not realistic. They do not speak the reality, and must not be depended on.

Forget the online polls and Buhari's victories. They are unrealistic.
Re: "Forget The Online Polls And Buhari's Victories - They Are Unrealistic" by kestolove95(m): 1:36pm On Feb 07, 2015
why is he afraid of election then

2 Likes

Re: "Forget The Online Polls And Buhari's Victories - They Are Unrealistic" by Bizinton: 1:58pm On Feb 07, 2015
Babare:
[s]Ahead of the February 14 Presidential election, many online polls have been conducted on certain websites between the amiable Gen. Muhammadu Buhari and the incumbent Dr. Goodluck Jonathan. So far, it seems Gen. Buhari has won a greater number of votes than President Jonathan. And this has led to a wide assumption that Buhari will knock off GEJ in the poll come Val's day.

But since it is an online poll result, I would beg to differ. It would be illogical for anyone to conclude, assume the final result of February 14 election just because of the online results. We are not as civilised as other Western nations where the average citizen patronises the internet on hourly basis. If identities can be revealed, we would realize that many of our online voters don't even have PVCs. It is a pity that many gullible Nigerians, and even some APC Chieftains, have banked the outcome of the online poll - thinking it would be replicated physically.

For those who care to know, a greater amount of the real Nigerian voters don't even understand the word "internet" or how to go about it. Some others know about the internet but don't have the zeal, time to use it. In the past few weeks I have moved about few rural villages (on a personal development project), and I acknowledge that the percentage of PVC owners there is amazing. Even though some would have participated, I must confess that many of them don't know about the "online thing".

If it is true that GEJ is widely accepted by the women, we all know many of our mothers or aunties don't either understand or have time for the internet. Yet they have their PVCs.

Personally, I don't partake in any online poll as I believe it is unrealistic. The nairaland pattern of "click like for GMB and share for GEJ" is also very funny as many youths are already drawing conclusions from them. I know some principled persons won't partake in the "unrealistic" online polls.

My simple advice to APC and its supporters is to continue reaching out to Nigerians, especially those in remote areas, and not to bank on online results. Online polls are not realistic. They do not speak the reality, and must not be depended on.

Forget the online polls and Buhari's victories. They are unrealistic.[/s]

GEJ is ready for debate but running away from elections

1 Like

Re: "Forget The Online Polls And Buhari's Victories - They Are Unrealistic" by Babare(m): 2:06pm On Feb 07, 2015
To the best of my knowledge, I think Pastor Tunde Bakare -an APC defendant - was the first person to move the motion for adjournment of the election. He said it was for allowing enough time for preparation so as to ensure peace, security.

I am not sure why GEJ is asking for the postponement. All I wrote, which you shabbily cancelled, is that ONLINE POLL RESULTS ARE NOT REALISTIC.

STOP DEPENDING ON THEM. It's simple english.

Bizinton:

GEJ is ready for debate but running away from elections

2 Likes

Re: "Forget The Online Polls And Buhari's Victories - They Are Unrealistic" by TrumpetMedia: 2:24pm On Feb 07, 2015
Online voting wey my papa and him crew no follow for grin.... Mtscheew

Seun , Berem , Obiageli , Lalasticlala , Temitemi1 , Ishiamu , Barcanista , Obinoscopy , GenBuhari , SiriusBlack , Mynd44 , LRNZH , ceo4eva , fkaz , clevvermind , Ngwakwe, Afam4eva ,
Ikenna351 , OAM4J , maclatunji

Abeg make una tell them. Make dem no talk say we rig election.
Re: "Forget The Online Polls And Buhari's Victories - They Are Unrealistic" by temitemi1(m): 2:40pm On Feb 07, 2015
Apc can keep winning the online poll while we are winning the populace... GEJ till 2019!!!

1 Like

Re: "Forget The Online Polls And Buhari's Victories - They Are Unrealistic" by clevvermind(m): 2:41pm On Feb 07, 2015
buhari supporters are too dumb. they think online polls is the real election? something that can be manipulated?smh. they will face the reality soon.

1 Like

Re: "Forget The Online Polls And Buhari's Victories - They Are Unrealistic" by miemie15(f): 7:14am On Feb 08, 2015
Police Abusing a Taxi Driver for Refusing to give him N100

This happened in bayelsa on Thursday. On my way back from the Niger Delta University Amassoma Bayelsa state, saw this police men beating up this taxi man. My cab stopped and I asked what happened just to be told by on lookers that the taxi guy refuse to give them their usual N100. Smh

Re: "Forget The Online Polls And Buhari's Victories - They Are Unrealistic" by miemie15(f): 7:16am On Feb 08, 2015
Police Abusing a Taxi Driver for Refusing to give him N100

This happened in bayelsa on Thursday. On my way back from the Niger Delta University Amassoma Bayelsa state, saw this police men beating up this taxi man. My cab stopped and I asked what happened just to be told by on lookers that the taxi guy refuse to give them their usual N100.

(1) (Reply)

US, Borno State Residents Upset By Delayed Nigeria Vote - Aljazeera / All Boko Haram Camps Will Be 'taken Out' In Six Weeks-nsa / Re: NUC Declares Aishat Buhari's Certificate Fraudulent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.