Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,169 members, 7,852,977 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:23 AM

Let Us Practice True Democracy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let Us Practice True Democracy (422 Views)

OSUN ASSEMBLY AND ITS COMMITMENT TO TRUE DEMOCRACY AND SINCERE CI / This Is True Democracy . / True Democracy Or Majority? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Let Us Practice True Democracy by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 07, 2015
I have been nursing the thought to write something about this long time ago but because of my tight schedules, have been unable to...

Honestly speaking, am not swayed by what the majority thinks or believe and as thus; love sharing my views and opinion even when it hurts. Nigeria is practising democracy, good and fine but are we really practising it? Is their really a free press cause that's the most crucial of all, the press is one of the ground they can promote their party but it hurts me to write that the press are been partial, maybe because they have been paid through the back door or whatever but whatever it is, it should be frowned at. The press are suppose to be neutral in all their dealings socially and politically but they are falling the masses by their favoritic mentality. In the angle of personal opinon, I discovered something barbaric here in umuahia which i believe isn't democratic in nature. In this era of political war, i think everyone have the right to support whosoever he wishes to support without been intimidated or criticized which i discovered is an inborn trait in Igbos. Is not that am a racist by saying that but i have to say how i feel within. And besides, am an igbo guy to the blood. You don't need to shut your fellow brother down because he's supporting a different party from yours. Everybody is entitled to their views, belief and opinion, please, respect that. You will be stunned if i tell you that you won't find any Buhari poster in Umuahia neither will you hear or watch their advertisement on TV or Fm. Infact, any party which is not PDP is not deam right to be pasted on any bill board and whenever you see any post that's not PDP, i assure you, you won't see that poster the next day. I know quite right that PDP is the dominating party but they shouldn't forget our system here in Nigeria for Christ sake. They should keep in mind that we are still practising democracy. The one that baffles me the most is that they restrict those non-PDP parties from using any field or social Venues as campaign ground to promote their party which always ache my poor heart seeing them campaigning in bushes. Am neutral in the sense that am not supporting any party but i believe that everyone has the right to vote and be voted, everybody has the right to contest for any political office but reverse is the case here in Nigeria. Is not too late to right the wrong. Let us practice true democracy, a system where everyone is equal before the law, where everyone counts, where everyone's right is protect and not violated.
In this election, who do you want to vote? What's your reason? Remember, your vote count and whatever decision you make will affect us all positively or negatively.
Vote wisely.
ONE NIGERIA.
Re: Let Us Practice True Democracy by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 07, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Now That I Travel For Election / Why I Donated N1m To Buhari – 95-year-old Trader / Found This New Trending 3D Animation Video On Facebook For Buhari And Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.