Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. (24391 Views)

Meet Top 12 Celebrities Who Went From Riches To Penniless, Gone Broke Overnight / 12 Celebrities Who Hate Linda Ikeji & Have Called Her Out / Nigerian Celebrities You Didn’t Know Are From Royal Families (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. by major466(m): 12:31am On Feb 08, 2015
12. Isis King.
American fashion model and fashion designer Isis King was the first transgender person to appear on America’s Next Top Model and has since become one of the most notable transgender television personalities. Although she was born male in 1985, Isis says that “mentally and everything else I have always been female”.

Isis King.

11. Alexis Arquette.
Remember that guy in Pulp Fiction that is hiding in the bathroom while Samuel L. Jackson gives his big bible speech before he and John Travolta blow that guy away? And then the guy hiding in the bathroom jumps out and shoots about seven times but doesn’t actually manage to hit them? And they kill him?
Yeah, that was this guy before he became a woman. His/her acting career is quite extensive as both genders.

Alexis Arquette.

10. Chaz Bono.
Chaz Bono was actually born Chastity Sun Bono in 1969 to Sonny and Cher, and is their only child. Bono announced her lesbianism in 1995, wrote a few books on the difficult process of coming out as gay or lesbian, and then underwent female-to-male surgery between 2008 and 2010. A documentary covering the process premiered at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival.

Chaz Bono.

9. Carmen Carrera.
Carmen Carrera was actually born Christopher Roman in 1985. She rose to fame through starring in the reality drag queen show called RuPaul’s Drag Race. Nowadays, Carrera focuses her efforts on modeling and being an activist for AID awareness, as well as regularly appearing on various reality television programs like Cake Boss.

Carmen Carrera.
Re: 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. by major466(m): 1:13am On Feb 08, 2015
8. Lana Wachowski.
You may have heard of the Wachowski Brothers – Larry and Andy Wachowski, a couple of film directors, screenwriters and producers best known for being the masterminds behind The Matrix franchise and V for Vendetta, among other endeavours. Well, Larry is now Lana Wachowski as of 2008 when her transition from male to female was officially completed.

Lana Wachowski.

7. Janet Mock.
People Magazine’s chief editor Janet Mock stunned people everywhere when she announced via a 2011 Marie Claire article that she was born a male, and underwent sex reassignment surgery in Thailand when she was 18 years old. Since then she has become a very popular advocate for LGTB rights.

“I was born in what doctors proclaim is a boy’s body,” she said in the article. “I had no choice in the assignment of my sex at birth. My genital reconstructive surgery did not make me a girl. I was always a girl.”

Janet Mock.

6. Amanda Lepore.
Amanda Lepore was actually born Armand Lepore, and is a famous model, performance artist, recording artist, and a fashion and nightlife icon – whatever that last one means! Photographer David LaChapelle (not to be confused with our favourite black comedian Dave Chappelle) uses her very regularly in his various photo shoots.

Amanda Lepore
Re: 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. by major466(m): 1:19am On Feb 08, 2015
5. Thomas Beatie.
Thomas Beatie is known the world over as the man who gave birth. After having gender reassignment surgery in 2002, Beatie used artificial insemination in 2007 to bear children, as his wife was infertile. He successfully fell pregnant with triplets but unfortunately lost all three fetuses at birth. He has since managed to successfully give birth to three children, however the couple divorced in 2012.

Thomas Beatie.

4. Dr Marci Bowers.
Not only is Dr. Marci Bowers seen as one of the key innovators behind transgender surgery, (she is an American gynecologist who regularly conducts gender reassignment surgery on various patients) but she has actually undergone the procedure herself – throughout most of her adult life, she was actually male. Not only that, she was and still is married with three children. It was only at the age of 39 that he became male.

Dr Marci Bowers.
Re: 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. by Nobody: 1:24am On Feb 08, 2015
kpichikom

1 Like

Re: 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. by major466(m): 1:35am On Feb 08, 2015
3. Candis Cayne.
Candis Cayne is arguably one of the more well renowned people in this list, as she is the first transgender actress to play a recurring transgender character in a popular television series (Dirty Sexy Money). She actually had never heard of the term “transsexual” until the mid-nineties, when she heard it and immediately related to it.

Candis Cayne.

2. Jenna Talackova.
Jenna Talackova is the Canadian model you’ve probably heard about… she was the one who successfully beat the courts in a lawsuit over her disqualification from the Miss Universe Canada competition on account of being born male. She began her gender transition at the age of 14 and completed it by age 19.

Jenna Talackova.

1. Laverne Cox.
Laverne Cox is an actress best known for her current role in the hit Netflix series, Orange is the New Black. She was the first and remains to be the only transgender person to be nominated for an Emmy Award… that we know about, anyway!

Laverne Cox.

Source: http://www.mobilelikez.com/celebritynews/12-celebrities-you-didnt-know-were-transgender/?uid=highonglitter
Re: 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. by excelway(m): 1:48am On Feb 08, 2015
Ok
Re: 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. by stan4b(m): 2:59am On Feb 08, 2015
Wot will it profit a Thomas Beatie to sacrifice so much for his wife, den she later divorced him.
That Carmen Carerra guy/girl, if I see her one on one in a closed room, I ll tink av won a jackpot, not knowin its a guy like me am actually digging.

1 Like

Re: 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. by paulolee(m): 5:13am On Feb 08, 2015
hmmmmmm....GOD created u PEPs BT u ain't appreciative n u decided to edit urself to wat u aint.....technology helping n creating problems since 1820bc
Re: 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. by Nobody: 5:21am On Feb 08, 2015
am confused here if Thomas Beatie give birth naturally, and then had a wife, what did he use to fu.ckkk her
Re: 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. by Nobody: 5:26am On Feb 08, 2015
for f.uuck sake. .

this is gettin serious

1 Like

Re: 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. by Nobody: 5:29am On Feb 08, 2015
rokiatu:
am confused here if Thomas Beatie give birth naturally, and then had a wife, what did he use to fu.ckkk her

lolz. . good mawnin bae
Re: 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. by tintingz(m): 5:30am On Feb 08, 2015
Some turn out to be beautiful.
Re: 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. by tintingz(m): 5:32am On Feb 08, 2015
rokiatu:
Preek ofcos.

Maybe S/he has a diick.

Transgenders are born with dual sexx organs.
Re: 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. by Nutase: 5:36am On Feb 08, 2015
end time
Re: 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. by Nobody: 5:38am On Feb 08, 2015
tintingz:
Preek ofcos.

Maybe S/he has a diick.

Transgenders are born with dual sexx organs.
Yea I just did a search on him.

He had a vagi'''nal and a womb. And people were saying a man give birth, she s a woman for God sake.

Sick world we live.

richommie:

lolz. . good mawnin bae
Morning dear.
Re: 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. by tintingz(m): 5:51am On Feb 08, 2015
rokiatu:
Yea I just did a search on him.

He had a vagi'''nal and a womb. And people were saying a man give birth, she s a woman for God sake.

Sick world we live.

Yes o.. sick world.

Like have said many of these transgenders are born with dual sexual organs while some create it.

Beatie might be a female but she's more masculine than feminine.
Re: 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. by djeezy(m): 6:11am On Feb 08, 2015
Now this is serious. This trend is becoming alarming.
Re: 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. by falcon01: 7:26am On Feb 08, 2015
cahi God go punish oyimbo people

see the way dem dey edit their body any how
Re: 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. by Whilson(f): 8:02am On Feb 08, 2015
now i knw abt lavern cox...i thought it was just in the film...orange is the new black...its fucvkin real undecided
Re: 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. by adorable29(f): 8:04am On Feb 08, 2015
Welcome to the new reality! Ironically, being FAKE is the new REALITY!

Can you picture the world 30years from now?

1 Like

Re: 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. by axortedbabe(f): 8:09am On Feb 08, 2015
And Bruce Jenner is on d way...
God u will judge on d last day is much..
Re: 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 08, 2015
It is going to be man that will destroy this world,and not God..with all this useless body reassignment,the end is near.
Re: 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 08, 2015
never heard of them
Re: 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. by lordthree(m): 9:58am On Feb 08, 2015
Yomieluv:
It is going to be man that will destroy this world,and not God..with all this useless body reassignment,the end is near.
what about those born with both organs what do you suggest they do?
Re: 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. by prelinctus: 11:36am On Feb 08, 2015
So many people in Nigeria if given the opportunity will do the same thing.
Re: 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. by Nobody: 12:35pm On Feb 08, 2015
in my oga at the top's voice "But why?"
Re: 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. by ifex370(m): 3:44pm On Feb 08, 2015
Na wa oo
Re: 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. by CrazyScientist: 5:05pm On Feb 08, 2015
[size=25pt]I FEAR FOR WHO I WILL MARRY, LET HER NOT JUST BE A TRANSGENDER! [/size] embarassed
Re: 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. by EmmySparky(m): 7:01pm On Feb 08, 2015
Hmmm wat a crazy world
Re: 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. by EmmySparky(m): 7:02pm On Feb 08, 2015
Hmmm wat a crazy world...thank GOD this is not in africa yet
Re: 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. by MissEse: 7:29pm On Feb 08, 2015
To What End?
Somebody said God would apologize to Sodom n Gomorrah if He doesn't destroy this generation.
Re: 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. by Ryabcool(m): 8:11pm On Feb 08, 2015
Are we safe anymore?

(1) (Reply)

Angela Okorie Talks About Kemi Olunloyo's "Criminal Records" / The Ugliest Actress In Nollywood / Ali Nuhu And Wife Maimuna Garba, Celebrate 15th Wedding Anniversary (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.