Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,432 members, 7,823,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Result Of Surrendering To God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Result Of Surrendering To God (451 Views)

The Importance Of Being Thankful To God Through Charity / How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? / See What This Dude Is Giving To God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Result Of Surrendering To God by yommyuk: 7:46am On Feb 08, 2015
Ask most believers if they would like to accomplish what the Lord has planned for them to do with their life, and they will say, “Yes!” To be the person He calls each one of us to be, we must surrender our will to His. That means telling God that we are willing for Him to do whatever He must to drive selfishness out of our life. He may send pain and heartache, because that is a sure way to get our attention. But as a result, we’ll be wiser and more mature followers.

Yielding our will to God’s superior plan clears off the throne of our life, enabling the Holy Spirit to take His rightful place there. Then, as He discards any junk that’s been cluttering our perspective, we are transformed from the inside out as our spirit undergoes important changes: We begin to recognize when God’s hand is at work; we experience freedom from selfish pursuits and earthly attachments like money and wrong relationships; and we understand and appreciate what it means to operate under His power and authority. In serving the Lord, we gain a confidence that we never had while serving ourselves. What’s more, others will see the effects of God’s work in us.

A Spirit-filled believer knows how to love and be loved, maintain peace and joy even in hard times, and give others a second chance. He also wisely knows when to submit. Surrender is not an easy step. It requires courage and patience, as learning submission is a life-long process. But God’s compensation—a Spirit-filled life that attracts others to Jesus Christ—is well worth giving up selfish pursuits.

Matthew 16:24-27
“Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul? For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done. “

Psalm 9:10
“And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you. “

Hebrews 11:6
“And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him“

GOD BLESS. IT IS WELL. wink
Re: Result Of Surrendering To God by asadike(f): 8:00am On Feb 08, 2015
May d holy spirit come into my life now and forever
Re: Result Of Surrendering To God by Jeromejnr(m): 8:31am On Feb 08, 2015
Lovely writeup. smiley

(1) (Reply)

You Are A Christian. Do You Really Need Me To Tell You / Our Lifestyles Are The Only Bible Some People Will Ever Read / The Lethal Weapon Of War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.