Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? (10926 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome To Give $100m To God (Video) / It's Only God And Apostle Suleman's Wife That Can Condemn Him / Endtime Body Of Christ Church In Akure: What i spotted this evening(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by adren(m): 5:43am On Apr 03, 2016
It is no mere gainsaying that endtime is here.. We are now in a world and a society where immorality and vain acts are condoned..

Dear NLders, how do you practically wade off immoral acts and remain deep rooted in faith??

My church used to teach me to "close my eyes and run away" but it doesn't really work..

For instance, I see a girl with really good assets displaying them with pride and sense of lust, and then, getting into her pants occupies my church mind..

2 Likes

Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by LordIsaac(m): 6:38am On Apr 03, 2016
By the arm of flesh shall no man prevail. Constantly renew your mind with prayers and God's word.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by LordIsaac(m): 6:38am On Apr 03, 2016
''By the arms of flesh shall no man prevail.'' Constantly renew your mind with prayers and God's word.

10 Likes

Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by saxwizard(m): 6:57am On Apr 03, 2016
see ur user manual for more details

UR BIBLE IS THE PASSWORD

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by yungpowers(m): 9:25am On Apr 03, 2016
ok

1 Like

Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by Dottore: 9:26am On Apr 03, 2016
Leading a life worthy of emulation, not just being religious or a church goer or having many titles in religious gathering or congregations, showing kindness to people around u and being a channel of blessing to others

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by sukkot: 9:27am On Apr 03, 2016
hmmm
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by makingsense(m): 9:28am On Apr 03, 2016
Hmmm
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by Revolva(m): 9:30am On Apr 03, 2016
U wanna stay close to God oya go jump from bridge na or drink ota pia pia

U n baba God go de
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 03, 2016
Whatever that will make you sin,cut it off.

Since your eyes want to make you sin,pluck it out.

Thank me later.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by martinz1: 9:30am On Apr 03, 2016
end time end time

1 Like

Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by loomer: 9:33am On Apr 03, 2016
Read your bible n pray everyday

5 Likes

Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 03, 2016
adren:
It is no mere gainsaying that endtime is here.. We are now in a world and a society where immorality and vain acts are condoned..

Dear NLders, how do you practically wade off immoral acts and remain deep rooted in faith??

My church used to teach me to "close my eyes and run away" but it doesn't really work..

For instance, I see a girl with really good assets displaying them with pride and sense of lust, and then, getting into her pants occupies my church mind..

u see, how do u stay close to something that doesnt exist. That lady, in your, mind make her cum 60 times
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by mayedmal: 9:35am On Apr 03, 2016
ok
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by Loonyy(m): 9:37am On Apr 03, 2016
The word of God is the key towards maintaining a healthy relationship with God...like its boldly stated: take up my cross and daily fOllow Him.

1 Like

Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by freecocoa(f): 9:41am On Apr 03, 2016
Be deceiving yourselves, don't go and have responsible sex if konji is worrying you.

Word of God ko, mschew.

1 Like

Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by Odionfaruk: 9:43am On Apr 03, 2016
Omo of you ask me na who I go ask?
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by Agimor(m): 9:45am On Apr 03, 2016
The poster above has said it all.
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by HighKing01(m): 9:45am On Apr 03, 2016
By being a full time member of the lord's chosen charismatic revival movement.... And you will be at heaven at last..... 200%sure try and see!!!
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by Erimasexxy(f): 9:46am On Apr 03, 2016
Yomieluv:
Whatever that will make you sin,cut it off.

Since your eyes want to make you sin,pluck it out.

Thank me later.

Pluck your eyes out abi... Kontinu
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by orunto27: 9:47am On Apr 03, 2016
Prayer is the master key.

1 Like

Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by Hezekiah65(m): 9:52am On Apr 03, 2016
The more you look at her assets, the more you fall.... Look less in other not to fall into the temptation... Temptation will surely come but you have to fight it.

2 Likes

Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by bxcode(m): 9:54am On Apr 03, 2016
By having a personal relationship with Jesus, everything about a sound chritian life comes out of this. Victory over sin will just come as a by product.

1 Like

Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by dionysus7: 9:58am On Apr 03, 2016
end time this end time that...just live and be happy man
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 03, 2016
My dear, I don't know the advice I will give you now and I will be tagged a carnal man. There was a time I was like you and had serious moral crises. I saw every woman as evil especially those that dress lustfully. I had no internal peace.

But at a time, I came to understand the very fact that at the end of it all, we are all humans..... There are those who have serious sexual urge more than the others. My brother, its only natural to seek "company" when such arises inasmuch as you are not committing a crime like rape... Sex is only natural because man is an animal. I have met a girl whose sexual urge is triple more than the normal girl. The average African or hypocritical Nigerian will call her a demon but am sure that its just natural....

But let me remind you, there is nothing like end times and there will never be.... All you people prophesying end times are limited in knowledge and have no clue whatsoever on how the universe works....

By the way if I may ask you, where the early men wearing clothes? You people are yet to come to terms with the fact that society is evolving with time. You should be grateful that you are seeing people even wearing clothes in your time. Take a time traveling machine a travel back to a million years ago on earth. You will be surprised on how naked people were going around and it was very normal. You may see how people were having sex daily like the animals they were and it was very normal. A million years later, has there been an end time on earth? Or you think it is every body that believes in the Bible? The grand deception? Lest I forget, the world has been for billions of years.... Scientifically proven!

Will you have the mind to believe what you will see should be taken to a billion years back in time?

Free yourself from mental slavery and accept who you are..... Thats if you want internal peace.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 03, 2016
Very Nice Question.

New Generation Churches are not helping at all.

That's why I had to go back to Anglican.
Where such nonsense are never condoned

2 Likes

Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by chiedu7: 10:07am On Apr 03, 2016
Good question OP.
Especially with so much deception in churches.

Personally I decided about two Mon months ago to increase reading the bible and praying.

I also cross check what preachers say with the bible, to counter any deception.

If you can read the KJV alone, the rest are work of Satan

1 Like

Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by WestAfricanGoon: 10:10am On Apr 03, 2016
What end time biko.. Don't be foolish. People have been shouting end time since the beginning of Christianity
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by nepapole(m): 10:10am On Apr 03, 2016
HighKing01:
By being a full time member of the lord's chosen charismatic revival movement.... And you will be at heaven at last..... 200%sure try and see!!!
U be GOD?
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by donestk(m): 10:14am On Apr 03, 2016
Funny advice from nairalanders.

Bro, go get married and Bleep ur wife.

Next pls.

1 Like

Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by emmyskies(m): 10:21am On Apr 03, 2016
There must be something to spur u to salvation and a drive to keep u going, a goal to achieve and an eternity to spend. It's all in JESUS CHRIST only. Pray, pray, pray. Till u get on your knees and start praying JESUS to come to your life, the devil would keep using the vain pleasures in the world like the one u mentioned to keep u on the broad way that leads to life eternal.
Time dey go, start today, sink yourself in intense praying and fasting seeking JESUS. Till u are sanctified, those things go still dey move u...

Ahhhh, heaven my home, eternity with my maker and my great King....

3 Likes

Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by Xtanixlax(m): 10:29am On Apr 03, 2016
I reserve my comment

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Your Motive For Paying Tithe / Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. / The Anthem Of The Redeemed Christian Church Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.