Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

For The First Time, Ubuntu Phone Goes On Sale In Europe - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / For The First Time, Ubuntu Phone Goes On Sale In Europe (816 Views)

World's First Modular Phone Goes On Sale / Please Help! My Tecno Phone Goes Off By Itself / For The First Time, Ubuntu Phone Goes On Sale In Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For The First Time, Ubuntu Phone Goes On Sale In Europe by TechAfrikico: 8:45am On Feb 08, 2015
I hope you clearly remember when Ubuntu made an attempt to hub into the smartphone industry. Though the company went through some challenges with raising funding to support its project, they didn’t give up on the project as the company has for the first time start to ship its world first ubuntu phone to Europe. Read More.

http://techafrikico.com/2015/02/08/first-time-ubuntu-phone-goes-sale-europe/
Re: For The First Time, Ubuntu Phone Goes On Sale In Europe by Randerl: 9:03am On Feb 08, 2015
You probably remember when Ubuntu made an attempt to hub into the smartphone industry. Though the company went through some challenges with raising funding to support its project, they didn’t give up on the project as the company has for the first time start to ship its world first ubuntu phone to Europe.

The Ubuntu-based smartphone will go on sale for just under €170 (around $195) in a flash sale across Europe. Ubuntu actually announced BQ (BQ Readers) as one of the launch partners in February last year, but it seems the project delivery date slipped a bit into 2015, nonetheless, the terribly named BQ Aquaris E4.5 Ubuntu Edition is finally nearly here.

As it stands now, we are unclear as to which URL, Date or Time the Ubuntu phone will go on sale, but for what we know, the announcement will be made on BQ’s and Ubuntu twitter accounts respectively.

The exact date, time and URL of the online-only sale will be revealed via the BQ and Ubuntu Twitter and Facebook accounts, which is no doubt a good way to drive a following to those social channels.

The Ubuntu Phone is embodied with a specs that makes the device a low-to-mid-end smartphone. With a 4.5-inch display, 1.3Ghz MediaTek quad-core processor, 1GB RAM, 8GB storage, dual-SIM slots and microSD support, the device is your perfect choice if you are a die-hard Ubuntu fan or if you support the open source movements.
BQ Ubuntu Smartphone

The phone also features a five megapixel front camera and eight megapixel rear camera with autofocus and dual flash and full HD (1080p) for super-sharp video. The rear camera is also equipped with high-quality BSI sensors and a Largan lens.

Through the Ubuntu OS for Phone is fairly new and one might be wondering if they are apps for the Ubuntu phone. I could say its a yes and no factor as the OS is still picking up on its grounds, though it has the backing of some of the major companies such as Twitter, eBay, Amazon and Yelp. According to a spokesperson, “There’s also support for Spotify and Dropbox via third-party apps, the company added”.
BQ Ubuntu Smartphone Hands

Would you like to own a Ubuntu Phone? What are you thought on the BQ Aquaris E4.5 Ubuntu Edition, do you think it’s going to see the light of day in the smartphone industry and maybe get the chance to compete with the big guys?
Re: For The First Time, Ubuntu Phone Goes On Sale In Europe by mdokaba1(m): 11:49am On Feb 08, 2015
That word "ubuntu" reminds me of obama's speech at mandela's funeral.
Re: For The First Time, Ubuntu Phone Goes On Sale In Europe by pelboy: 5:49pm On Feb 08, 2015
Waiting for tizen-os and ubuntu os for smartfones to come 9ja

(1) (Reply)

Pes14 Iso Download Link Please!!! / What Kind Of Custom ROM Can I Installed On My Generic Android Tab 7inch / Clean Sharp Lg Optimus G Pro (lg E980) For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.