Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read (35326 Views)

Why Biafrans 'support Donald Trump: BBC Report / The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos / 21 INEC Resident Commissioners Reject Postponement Of Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read by Babyboy1986(m): 10:03am On Feb 08, 2015
No be news again nah.
Re: BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read by Rilwayne001: 10:03am On Feb 08, 2015
vg
Re: BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read by ifuckedJudith: 10:04am On Feb 08, 2015
barcanista:
This election postponement is most embarrassing and a testament that Preofessor Attahiru Jega is an incompetent and clueless dude just like the President. This is the first time since we returned to democracy that the INEC Boss will openly take orders from the NSA, the Military and members of pro-PDP as regards election scheduling and rescheduling. Since when has the Military activities determines elections scheduling? The Electoral Act and the Constitution did not say NSA, Military and INEC should determine election date. Even if there is crises in a part of the country, Section 26(1) of the Electoral Act 2010 (amended) permit INEC to hold election in the peaceful area and reschedule for the trouble zone at a convenient date. Why can't Jega invoke this section and exclude Gombe, Borno, Adamawa and Yobe from Feb 14 and Feb 28 poll until March 28 and Aprill 11 respectively? Since when do we need the Military for election? What is the Statutory duties of the Police, the NSCDC, and by extension the DSS with respect to internal security? If personnels are not enough then why not bring in other paramilitary to assist? Must it be the Military? Was the Military used in 2003, 2007 and 2011 election? Militarisation started from Edo 2012,then Ondo(2012), Anambra(2011), Osun and Ekiti(2014) Gubernatorial contests. When did the Military become statutory responsible for internal security? The letter of the Chief of Defense State that was communicated to Jega through NSA Sambo Dasuki is treachery and unfortunate. Jega's announcement yesternight only confirmed that he doesn't know what he is doing. This is a shame, our democracy has been raped.

Have you smoked your weed this morning?

4 Likes

Re: BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read by kazmanbanjoko(m): 10:04am On Feb 08, 2015
Dat moment when jonathan has successfully landed otuoke.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read by kay1one2(m): 10:04am On Feb 08, 2015
Marbuhari! (Mar buhari)
Re: BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read by chewenco(m): 10:07am On Feb 08, 2015
We've postpone it, o ya do ur worst

4 Likes

Re: BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read by Nobody: 10:07am On Feb 08, 2015
GEJ haa brought an inexplicable and unpardonable shame to our democracy
I'm sure he and his evil cohorts will get far more than they bargained for. Blackmailing the INEC is about the worst thing he's done yet. grin undecided undecided

6 Likes

Re: BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read by canalily(m): 10:07am On Feb 08, 2015
APC said they are for changeangry why are they crying just as they have started the change by changing the dates of the electionundecided why have they been shouting for changeundecided and now crying for changeundecidedangry

1 Like

Re: BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 08, 2015
barcanista:
This election postponement is most embarrassing and a testament that Preofessor Attahiru Jega is an incompetent and clueless dude just like the President. This is the first time since we returned to democracy that the INEC Boss will openly take orders from the NSA, the Military and members of pro-PDP as regards election scheduling and rescheduling. Since when has the Military activities determines elections scheduling? The Electoral Act and the Constitution did not say NSA, Military and INEC should determine election date. Even if there is crises in a part of the country, Section 26(1) of the Electoral Act 2010 (amended) permit INEC to hold election in the peaceful area and reschedule for the trouble zone at a convenient date. Why can't Jega invoke this section and exclude Gombe, Borno, Adamawa and Yobe from Feb 14 and Feb 28 poll until March 28 and Aprill 11 respectively? Since when do we need the Military for election? What is the Statutory duties of the Police, the NSCDC, and by extension the DSS with respect to internal security? If personnels are not enough then why not bring in other paramilitary to assist? Must it be the Military? Was the Military used in 2003, 2007 and 2011 election? Militarisation started from Edo 2012,then Ondo(2012), Anambra(2011), Osun and Ekiti(2014) Gubernatorial contests. When did the Military become statutory responsible for internal security? The letter of the Chief of Defense State that was communicated to Jega through NSA Sambo Dasuki is treachery and unfortunate. Jega's announcement yesternight only confirmed that he doesn't know what he is doing. This is a shame, our democracy has been raped.
A lot of questions for the gods. I hope they answer you.

1 Like

Re: BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read by nerodenero: 10:08am On Feb 08, 2015
The path to jail or death seems the only option to end our over ambitious polithiefcians.

This move is wrong and totally unacceptable.

4 Likes

Re: BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read by loomer: 10:08am On Feb 08, 2015
alaoeri:

Get your facts right US & others are ready to fight the insurgents but realized that your military has been infiltrated by the insurgents thereby can't risk sharing of intelligent with Nigeria military that's why they back out.

Oga leave USA, dem no wan help.
Re: BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read by dvee2: 10:09am On Feb 08, 2015
The bottom line is that this postponement is to give GEJ the option of using the court to disqualify Buhari base on certificate and perjury claim.

5 Likes

Re: BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read by blesszzy(m): 10:09am On Feb 08, 2015
Me just dey laugh, security challenges that could not be solved for the past 5 yrs will suddenly be solved in the nxt 6 weeks..hmmm, me jst still dey laugh

2 Likes

Re: BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read by gascoign1(m): 10:10am On Feb 08, 2015
The wind of change is blowing,not only we they change date they must change cluelessness in d system.

sai buhari

3 Likes

Re: BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read by Nobody: 10:10am On Feb 08, 2015
barcanista:
Barcanista, you cannot blame Prof. Jega. His hands were tied and he was under intense pressure. All progressives should not let this latest development dampen their morale and enthusiasm. On CHANGE I still Stand. #March4Buhari

11 Likes

Re: BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read by BarryX(m): 10:11am On Feb 08, 2015
To me, This is the best decision necessary for the time being not some nitwits who don't understand this election and the preceding scenerio will start casting unnecessary aspersions.

If not for anything, to reduce the heated nerves of the evil ones

Nice job INEC

1 Like

Re: BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read by efilefun(m): 10:12am On Feb 08, 2015
3cycle:
So? Bbc abi US should face front. They won't help fight boko haram, blocked channels through which Nigeria can acquire more arms to fight insurgents yet they want to decide what happens in Nigeria.

We have decided to postpone election, US and BBc should mind their business... Rubbish.

So you expect them to give you sophisticated weapons when they knew your military being controlled by GEJ will give it out easily to BH... Abii u think say na everybody dey clueless like GEJ

12 Likes

Re: BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read by PEREP: 10:12am On Feb 08, 2015
LRNZH:
Election postponement on grounds of Boko Haram is a flawed argument. Boko Haram has been in control of 17 out of 774 (abi na 777) LGs. Is that enough to stop a national process? Party primaries went ahead, election registration went ahead....etc etc.

The military claims to have captured territories from BH. Why is the govt still talking about 17 LGs under BH caliphate? Someone is lying.

If in 6 weeks, they cannot crush Boko Haram in totality, at what point is it ok to hold the elections? 15, 10, 5 or 2 LGs under BH caliphate? We are being deceived.

Knowing this dumb govt, they will commit a huge blunder and it will be downhill for Nigeria from there. OBJ foisted this irresponsible set of humans on us.

Is Niger, Chad, Cameroon part of this ploy? How come they are just standing tall now to root out BH and the gains are evident?
Re: BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read by elipheleh(m): 10:12am On Feb 08, 2015
barcanista:

I.D.I.O.T! Na alone you go go vote...
Thesame constitution did not tell you the work of the armed forces as the protector of lives of citizens and intergrity of Nigerian boarders?
Idiotic mallam Hausa wants to take the absence of the military as opportunity to slaughter people..
Your region North is possessed by lot of demons(your religion calls then jinn) . Each time I see a moslem, I see demons following them. Afterall who can deliver you from higher forces if not the force of Jesus Christ? Accept Jesus now as you are unprotected from demons

1 Like

Re: BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read by Shoutozone: 10:15am On Feb 08, 2015
Just like the APC Chairman said, the move is highly provocative!

2 Likes

Re: BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read by pafestula(m): 10:15am On Feb 08, 2015
barcanista:

Seconded... You spoke exactly mind mind... I'm so happy we still have some intellectual on Nairaland. Not people who does not know left from right, same feather with their clueless leader who normally dress like WWE Undertaker, but waging in high sense of foolishness, and wasted PhD certificate in animal kingdom knowledge. I didn't mention name o, before his clueless children/internet tout lynch me to death online.

8 Likes

Re: BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 08, 2015
AwesomelyMade:
A lot of questions for the gods. I hope they answer you.
My brother, now that PDP hhas got their way, watch as they go further to rig the election.
Re: BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read by LRNZH(m): 10:17am On Feb 08, 2015
elipheleh:

Thesame constitution did not tell you the work of the armed forces as the protector of lives of citizens and intergrity of Nigerian boarders?
Idiotic mallam Hausa wants to take the absence of the military as opportunity to slaughter people..
Your region North is possessed by lot of demons(your religion calls then jinn) . Each time I see a moslem, I see demons following them. Afterall who can deliver you from higher forces if not the force of Jesus Christ? Accept Jesus now as you are unprotected from demons

How can you call someone I.D.I.O.T! and preach Jesus Christ to the same person?
You can't serve God and Mammon.

19 Likes

Re: BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read by elbinmanny(m): 10:18am On Feb 08, 2015
alaoeri:

Didirin why will Britain assist in tackling election violence ain't Nigeria an independent state?
then they should shut their traps and face front. We have taken an independent decision angry

1 Like

Re: BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read by PlutoLA(m): 10:19am On Feb 08, 2015
It's quite obvious that this government has smth evil they are planning Did they just discover the date for this elections? Why didn't they start this 'all-out' war against boko haram since last year? So they knew how to get the resources to fight these criminals since and they did nothing and allowed thousands of Nigerians to die and be kidnapped?! Isn't it obvious that this boko haram is nothing more than a political tool for the PDP? So now they plan to defeat the boko haram in 6 weeks and be seen as heroes of the country. Nigerians,even if this happens,do not be deceived bcuz it only proves that they knew how to fight the terrorists since but simply chose not to,simply bcuz they place no value on the life of average,everyday Nigerians

9 Likes

Re: BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 08, 2015
"It seems highly unlikely that the conflict will be brought to an end within the next few weeks, so will the election be held at all? That may depend on whether some powerful personalities feel President Jonathan is well placed for a victory".

This is main point.

3 Likes

Re: BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read by makzeze: 10:19am On Feb 08, 2015
elipheleh:

I PITY YOU IN STRONGEST POSSIBLE TERMS

2 Likes

Re: BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read by Purehuman(m): 10:20am On Feb 08, 2015
Its just a report
Re: BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read by babyfaceafrica: 10:21am On Feb 08, 2015
barcanista:
....I agree with all your assertions except the one on Jega ,he ws put in. Tight corner and if he had gone hed with d election,the rmy would have instigated violence in some places and blame him for any souls lost there....its really disheartening ...well what will be will be

4 Likes

Re: BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read by ediral(f): 10:21am On Feb 08, 2015
3cycle:
So? Bbc abi US should face front. They won't help fight boko haram, blocked channels through which Nigeria can acquire more arms to fight insurgents yet they want to decide what happens in Nigeria.

We have decided to postpone election, US and BBc should mind their business... Rubbish.
Speak 4 yourself,I am not part of d postponement,and is not acceptable to me,I hope d six weeks will change all Gej's incapabilities for over 5yrs.........
Re: BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read by omusiliyu(m): 10:22am On Feb 08, 2015
Will this stop political thugs from snatchin our ballot boxes.
Re: BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read by Nobody: 10:23am On Feb 08, 2015
Brother, Jega's hands weren't tied, yes there was pressure here and there but the decision was his to make. That he bowed to them showed he isn't assertive and hence, incompetent. We need assertive leaders in power not bending elements like Jega
harde2lah:

Barcanista, you cannot blame Prof. Jega. His hands were tied and he was under intense pressure. All progressives should not let this latest development dampen their morale and enthusiasm. On CHANGE I still Stand. #March4Buhari

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

COVID-19: More Recovered Patients Test Positive In South Korea / Bandits Attack Emir Of Kaura Namoda’s Convoy, Kill 3 Policemen, 5 Others / British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.