Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

A Reporter Asked Obama If Its Possible To Postpone Election , See Answer - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Reporter Asked Obama If Its Possible To Postpone Election , See Answer (5153 Views)

Jonathan Deploys Military Men To Monitor Election – See Names And Phone Numbers / INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks / So Gen Buhari Has Just A WASC Certificate For Next Month's Election? (see Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Reporter Asked Obama If Its Possible To Postpone Election , See Answer by Collynzo9: 2:48pm On Feb 08, 2015
Obama said there was no precedent in postponement of elections in the US i.e. It hadn't happened before and he wouldn't be the first to do it.
Is that the case with Nigeria? No.

1 Like

Re: A Reporter Asked Obama If Its Possible To Postpone Election , See Answer by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 08, 2015
Zedric:

Who mentioned any thing about American soil here? I hat to disappoint you but America is not in Europe. Btw, WW11 threatened World peace and even shaped history. You don't compare that to Boko Haram

Was world war 2 fought on the anerican soil?

Pls answer me gaddamit!
Re: A Reporter Asked Obama If Its Possible To Postpone Election , See Answer by agabaI23(m): 3:10pm On Feb 08, 2015
briefness:

This is for an organised society that thrives on rule of law. Our own society is governed by the whims of those belonging to the largest party in Africa unfortunately. Until this is #Changed , do not expect any thing better.
If it was US, Buhari would not get a mention with his certificate saga.

7 Likes

Re: A Reporter Asked Obama If Its Possible To Postpone Election , See Answer by Frankiss44(m): 3:29pm On Feb 08, 2015
kenex4ever:
we r nt in america, we have our own constitution, d inec chairman has d constitutional power to shift d election and he has done dat.

Was election not shifted in 2011?
Re: A Reporter Asked Obama If Its Possible To Postpone Election , See Answer by mcquin(m): 3:44pm On Feb 08, 2015
ozoigbondu:

No jonathan No oil money.You should get your cutlass and hoe ready to march to the farm and harvest your cocoa or groundnut.cos if the man of otuoke is not returned we will take back our oyel tongue

Seriously this is now stale. Grow up and move pass those lines bro. Oil price is fast declining and so many other countries are not depending on it.

Lastly i've been to the north, Kano precisely they live basicly on agriculture. Hoes and cutlass produce those onions, beans etc you live on.

#bless you bro.
Re: A Reporter Asked Obama If Its Possible To Postpone Election , See Answer by agabaI23(m): 3:45pm On Feb 08, 2015
mcquin:

Seriously this is now stale. Grow up and move pass those lines bro. Oil price is fast declining and so many other countries are not depending on it.

Lastly i've been to the north, Kano precisely they live basicly on agriculture. Hoes and cutlass produce those onions, beans etc you live on.

#bless you bro.
Courtesy of GEJ's Agricultural revolution

2 Likes

Re: A Reporter Asked Obama If Its Possible To Postpone Election , See Answer by DVanguard: 3:52pm On Feb 08, 2015
BackDatAssUp:
Fool, throughout the duration of world war 2 there was no election.

This is why Franklin Rosevolt is the longest serving president in American history!

Mr man there was election. He was elected four times. He died a month and eight days to his new regime.
his second term, he became increasingly
concerned with German and Japanese aggression
and so began a long campaign to awaken
America from its isolationist slumber. In 1940,
with World War II raging in Europe and the Pacific,
Roosevelt agreed to run for an unprecedented
third term. Re-elected by Americans who valued
his strong leadership, he proved a highly effective
commander in chief during World War II. Under
Roosevelt's guidance, America became, in his
own words, the "great arsenal of democracy" and
succeeded in shifting the balance of power in
World War II firmly in the Allies' favor. In 1944,
with the war not yet won, he was re-elected to a
fourth term.
He never shifted the date of election but contested the election.
Don't murder history to propagate ur lies.

1 Like

Re: A Reporter Asked Obama If Its Possible To Postpone Election , See Answer by tweeby: 4:10pm On Feb 08, 2015
Let's give GEJ a chance to fix in 6 weeks, all the problems he caused in 6 years. Then vote him out for Wasting our time. #March4Buhari
Re: A Reporter Asked Obama If Its Possible To Postpone Election , See Answer by kenex4ever(m): 4:20pm On Feb 08, 2015
Frankiss44:

Was election not shifted in 2011?
I can't remember.
Pls are u for or against d shift?
Re: A Reporter Asked Obama If Its Possible To Postpone Election , See Answer by DaBullIT(m): 4:52pm On Feb 08, 2015
Until very recently , a few number of soldiers were used , if used at all, last year in Osun , Sumbiatch deplyed 30k of them and dogs, If police had not been really useless, there wouldn't be need to use army

If you didn't catch my joke in one of my previous jokes , you should search it ,

Also , JEGA repeatedly said he was under pressure, N O President did not announce but he's the mastermind , And A US's wouldn't lobby or push for date in election and that is my exact reason for posting this

RikoduoSennin:

In Nigeria the President lacks such power too or did he Postponed the National Elections by himself? Was he the one who announced it?

Think, Think, Think, don't be quick to conclude.

Nigerian constitution allows INEC to do as it pleases, Schedule and reschedule their timetable. If memory serves, Jega asked for the postponement of said Election since late last year to enable him and his crew prepare well incase a clear winner did not emerge and another re-run election is necessary to determine the winner.

Can there be election in naija without Military presence? So if the Military is saying they won't be present by February 14 what really can Jega do to protect all his staff from expected violence (a trademark of naija politics).

Re: A Reporter Asked Obama If Its Possible To Postpone Election , See Answer by Frankiss44(m): 4:55pm On Feb 08, 2015
kenex4ever:
I can't remember.
Pls are u for or against d shift?

Well it was because of logistics problem... I can still picture jega making the announcement.

And am indifferent to the postponement... Because what will be will be
Re: A Reporter Asked Obama If Its Possible To Postpone Election , See Answer by kenex4ever(m): 7:21pm On Feb 08, 2015
Frankiss44:

Well it was because of logistics problem... I can still picture jega making the announcement.

And am indifferent to the postponement... Because what will be will be
ok
Re: A Reporter Asked Obama If Its Possible To Postpone Election , See Answer by mcquin(m): 8:08pm On Feb 08, 2015
agabaI23:
Courtesy of GEJ's Agricultural revolution

Like seriously? Before GEJ's father thought of ever getting married, what did the North and Nigeria survive on? Brother keep calm and think before you type. You don't want people calling you OKUPE or do you?

It shouldn't be too hard to realize Jona no longer enjoys the good will he had in 2011.

#God bless you.
Re: A Reporter Asked Obama If Its Possible To Postpone Election , See Answer by tosin2013: 8:31pm On Feb 08, 2015
mcquin:

Like seriously? Before GEJ's father thought of ever getting married, what did the North and Nigeria survive on? Brother keep calm and think before you type. You don't want people calling you OKUPE or do you?

It shouldn't be too hard to realize Jona no longer enjoys the good will he had in 2011.

#God bless you.

Guy most of them have got indomie brains, seriously!
Re: A Reporter Asked Obama If Its Possible To Postpone Election , See Answer by tosin2013: 8:38pm On Feb 08, 2015
DVanguard:

Mr man there was election. He was elected four times. He died a month and eight days to his new regime.
his second term, he became increasingly
concerned with German and Japanese aggression
and so began a long campaign to awaken
America from its isolationist slumber. In 1940,
with World War II raging in Europe and the Pacific,
Roosevelt agreed to run for an unprecedented
third term. Re-elected by Americans who valued
his strong leadership, he proved a highly effective
commander in chief during World War II. Under
Roosevelt's guidance, America became, in his
own words, the "great arsenal of democracy" and
succeeded in shifting the balance of power in
World War II firmly in the Allies' favor. In 1944,
with the war not yet won, he was re-elected to a
fourth term.
He never shifted the date of election but contested the election.
Don't murder history to propagate ur lies.

Thank you my brother. 99% of their arguments are based on lies, hearsay, conjectures and fabrications.

Gej supporters are the FILTHIEST NIGERIANS. May Godhelp them!
Re: A Reporter Asked Obama If Its Possible To Postpone Election , See Answer by pappilo(m): 8:56pm On Feb 08, 2015
Google is a bastard!

Franklin D Roosevelt won four elections. The elections were held on the dates below.

Tuesday, November 8, 1932.

Tuesday, November 3, 1936

Tuesday, November 5, 1940.

Tuesday, November 7, 1944.

2 Likes

Re: A Reporter Asked Obama If Its Possible To Postpone Election , See Answer by qualified(f): 9:11pm On Feb 08, 2015
KwoiZabo:
If Nigeria is like US then ppl like Buhari would have withdrawn from the race.

True talk!
And next time, anyone tries comparing US with Nigeria, this should come to mind.

2 Likes

Re: A Reporter Asked Obama If Its Possible To Postpone Election , See Answer by denedene(m): 11:40pm On Feb 08, 2015
all I know usa is nt after d well being of nigeria, they r after d oil nothing more

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari's Recent Phone Conversation With GEJ Leaks / I Wish GEJ Runs For Presidency Come 2019 / 13 Pix To Show That Nigeria Police Have Left Their Core Mandate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.