Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 - Business (714) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 (3020756 Views)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) ... (2251) (Go Down)

Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by henryfayoul1(m): 11:35am On May 16, 2015
okastech:
A massage to the great house (thread) from my boss Facebook group. I quote" Can u let the thread knw spambot has banned
me.. but I will let them know
if we win or lose tomorrow through you..thanks. " pls bear with him. Admin pls unbanned him for the benefit of the house.
bro send me ur email for an important massage.
Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by siegfried99(m): 11:35am On May 16, 2015
krall:
♡♡♡♡FREE 18000 ODD TREBLE ♡♡♡♡

Avellino - Trapani >>>>> 2/1 @ 25.00

Galatasaray - Gaclerbirligi>>>>> 2/1 @ 25.00

Siauliai - Atlantas>>>>>>>1/2 @ 30.00

TOTAL ODD: 18750.00

STAKE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND BE READY TO LOSE!!!!!!!!!!

ZERO GUARANTEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ojukokoro picks grin
Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by idoo4love: 11:36am On May 16, 2015
Hello house what does single -fold(7 combo) means please I need help here
Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by lordthree(m): 11:39am On May 16, 2015
krall:

lwkmd
Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by Ifeconwaba(m): 12:01pm On May 16, 2015
Oluwa is involved
Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by Deardevil308(m): 12:04pm On May 16, 2015
GOODLUCK

Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by Cpumping(m): 12:10pm On May 16, 2015
krall:

lemme stake wit 50 box grin
Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by netmoneywizard: 12:16pm On May 16, 2015
krall:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by lordthree(m): 12:19pm On May 16, 2015
Cpumping:

no waste your 50 boxgringrin
Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 16, 2015
If u like stake with one naira e go cast
Cpumping:

Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by micynute94(m): 12:20pm On May 16, 2015
Saw this n i thought it's such a nice piece for me alone to have...
We all could learn one or two things from it..

In This Article...
Why the house usually wins (it's not what you think!)
Wunderdog's law of sports betting
How to avoid going broke
How to manage your sports betting bankroll to win
You are betting too much on each game! How can I say that without even knowing you? Because I've been doing this for a long time and have spent a lot of time understanding money management. 99% of sports bettors are betting too much. Think not? Think again.
Would you "bet" 25% of your entire retirement account on a single stock that had a 40% chance of going to $0 tomorrow? Of course not. The reason is that variance can wipe you out. Then why are so many sports bettors willing to risk 20%+ of their bankroll on a single game? It's easy to risk too much without knowing it. Please read on to see why...

A Simple Proposition - Would You Take It?

If I offered you a 10% advantage in a game of chance (55% for you vs. 45%) for 500 bets, would you take that bet? Of course you would. Over the long haul (500 bets), the law of large numbers dictates that you would end up very close to 55% winners (275 winners vs. 225 losers). If we were betting $100 per bet, you'd be up about $5,000 in the end. Easy money.
Now let's say that I had one constraint. I told you you could start with no more than $500 (your bankroll) and if you ran out of money, you couldn't re-load. In essence, I was forcing you to bet 20% of your bankroll on each bet. Would you still take it? Think you could still take me for $5,000?/p>
You had better not! You are virtually guaranteed to go bankrupt in this situation. Over the long haul, you will come close to 55% winners - it's a mathematical certainty. But, over the short term, you are guaranteed nothing. Strange streaks will happen. They always do. Over 500 bets, you could easily go 5 or 10 bets in a row (or even more) without winning. You could go 2-18 during a 500 bet session. If I forced you to bet 20% of your bankroll, you'd be crazy to do it because I would take your money like taking candy from a baby.

Yet, in sports betting, most bettors routinely do the equivalent of taking this bet! Almost every sports bettor bets too much per game relative to the size of their bankroll. They don't think twice about laying half of their entire remaining bankroll on one week's NFL games. The conclusion is this...

Why The House Wins

THE HOUSE WINS BECAUSE YOU BET TOO MUCH PER GAME.
You run out of money before you have a chance to let the law of large numbers work for you. They are banking on your lack of discipline. That's the main reason (not bad picking) that most sports bettors lose and why The House laughs to the bank.

Check out this story as an illustration...

A Tale Of Two Sports Bettors

Risky John and Conservative Bob each started the season with $1000 - their bankroll. They both decided to play the same games throughout the season but they couldn't agree on how much to place on each game. John was more of a risk taker than Bob so John decided to bet about $200 per game (20% of his bankroll). Bob was more conservative and decided to risk about $50 per game (5% of his bankroll). Risky John figured that if he bet more, he could win more. And he was right. In week one, their picks went 4-2. John was up $360 while Conservative Bob only won $90. John was very pleased with himself.
Week 2 produced the exact same result. Risky John now had a $1720 bankroll while Conservative Bob was up to just $1180. John was very happy. He encouraged Bob to bet more but Bob wasn't so sure about that strategy. What if their luck started to turn? Risky John preferred to think positively. Besides, they were 8-4 and they knew what they were doing! The first two weeks had proved that.
But then came weeks 3 and 4 in which they went 2-4, 1-3. A bad run for sure, but not uncommon during a 16-week season. In fact, losing streaks are inevitable and guaranteed during a season. Conservative Bob lost $235 while Risky John gave back $940. John now had a lower bankroll than Bob! John was now down to $780. Risky John felt the losing couldn't possibly continue so he stuck with his bet size of $200 per game. The next two weeks they went 2-2 and 1-3.
Guess what? Risky John was now virtually wiped out - down to $280. Bob, meanwhile lost $360 on the terrible four week run but still had $820 left over. One of them was virtually out of money, the other had over 80% of his original bankroll left.
What happened next? Well, John quit. And, the unfortunate four-week run was followed by a great 3-week run where Conservative Bob went 10-3 and another 8 weeks of hitting a very respectable 56% on average. Bob ended up the season at over $1300 - an increase of 30% on his initial bankroll.
The morale of this story is obvious but very few sports bettors practice it. Don't overextend yourself:

1 Like

Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 16, 2015
Aursburg win, mainz win, sunderland 1x, saint etienne win, fc kicker wurzburg win... Stake ur mama saloon shop
Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by djlaqua91(m): 12:26pm On May 16, 2015
krall:

Funnily, might just work out smiley Abeg who uses 9japredict here? Need to fund my account.

2 Likes

Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by pocoapoco88: 12:35pm On May 16, 2015
odimbannamdi:
supposing someone discovers a trick or combination with which he uses to make profit every blessed day, do u think bookie, either foreign or Naija based, would begin to "watch" that person's account?
hahahaha dis is a typical newbies's worry .....discover d tricks 1st

1 Like

Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by netmoneywizard: 12:41pm On May 16, 2015
Deardevil308:
GOODLUCK
choi... dynamo don score o **modified* borussia ii don equalize
Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by aliACCA: 12:45pm On May 16, 2015
pocoapoco88:
hahahaha dis is a typical newbies's worry .....discover d tricks 1st

grin grin
Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by Deardevil308(m): 12:47pm On May 16, 2015
netmoneywizard:
choi... dynamo don score o
calm down bro
Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by Deardevil308(m): 12:48pm On May 16, 2015
Goodluck

Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by aliACCA: 12:56pm On May 16, 2015
message from FACEBOOK GROUP

"Boom 131.25odds chopped.. ulsan mipo vs gyeongju, ansa police vs goyang hi and ordabasy vs shaktar karagandy" The remaining 9peepz pls come out if I didn't give you this matches and even showed you the ticket from the source..

it was x/x, x/x and x/1 respectively..

wished I had staked 10k... pls let the house knw about this post by monday my ban will end then I can post games for pple to win.... miss y 'all''

WISHEd i won too cry cry

happy for those who were part grin grin

1 Like

Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by bignoble05(m): 1:04pm On May 16, 2015
lordthree:
lwkmd
The Odd self na Money...

1 Like

Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 16, 2015
mhen...Aston villa is bleeped
Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by bignoble05(m): 1:13pm On May 16, 2015
aliACCA:

"Boom 131.25odds chopped.. ulsan mipo vs gyeongju, ansa police vs goyang hi and ordabasy vs shaktar karagandy" The remaining 9peepz pls come out if I didn't give you this matches and even showed you the ticket from the source..

wished I had staked 10k... pls let the house knw about this post by monday my ban will end then I can post games for pple to win.... miss y 'all''

WISHEd i won too cry cry

Congrat to those who Won...Better luck to Us dat didn't play.

1 Like

Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by augster(m): 1:18pm On May 16, 2015
Mogbe oo...southampton over 3.5 in 30minutes
Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by lordthree(m): 1:21pm On May 16, 2015
aliACCA:

WISHEd i won too cry cry

messenger no chopgrin
Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by Ulrich01(m): 1:21pm On May 16, 2015
aliACCA:

WISHEd i won too cry cry

Congrats to those that won.. smiley
Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by netmoneywizard: 1:22pm On May 16, 2015
Deardevil308:
calm down bro
CASTED ATLAST.
Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by drmikeadams(m): 1:25pm On May 16, 2015
9blast:
mhen...Aston villa is bleeped
Aston villa better score one goal o.
Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by Deardevil308(m): 1:30pm On May 16, 2015
netmoneywizard:
CASTED ATLAST.
don't know what's wrong today oo
Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by lordthree(m): 1:32pm On May 16, 2015
Deardevil308:
today is Saturday, day of the bookies
Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 16, 2015
drmikeadams:
like I care cheesy
Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by netmoneywizard: 1:33pm On May 16, 2015
Deardevil308:
Abi o. 44th minute for that matter
Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by drmikeadams(m): 1:35pm On May 16, 2015
drmikeadams:
Aston villa goal

(1) (2) (3) ... (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) ... (2251)

Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 13 / What To Do To Make Money Online? / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.