Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:52 AM

What To Do To Make Money Online? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Do To Make Money Online? (3461218 Views)

Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / Can You Really Make Money Online On Autopilot? / Make Quick Money Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (3298) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do To Make Money Online? by iykepromotions: 12:13pm On Oct 26, 2016
Edited; this thread is all about exposing one of the other ways to make money online. I don't want this thread to go far however my original thread was deleted late last week by the overzealous antibot. And I promise that this thread will be more interesting than the first thread.

Introduction;
As I write earlier this thread is focusing on how to make money with NEW and EXPIRED domain names, tips, experiences. Do and Don'ts.
It still amazes me that quite a large number of Nigerians are fully online with different devices phones and computers but yet not making money from it. Many things have changed and one of the easiest way to make money now is online. Quote me anywhere.

Now you may be asking" what is a domain name and how can I make money from it"?
Calm down
In one word a domain name is an online real estate. If you want to get a website for personal or business use, what you need first is a domain name. Just like if you want to to build a house, no matter your plans and design, you need a land first.
In other words, without a domain name there will be no website. Without a domain name there will be nothing like e-mail address. "Now how do I make money from it"? The truth is that most good domain names have been taken. ... They have all gone. For example all 3letter domains names has been taken. You can form it and confirm. The only avenue to target is expired domain names. And what is expired domain name again? These are domains that the original owners fail to renew. every domain has an expiry date. The maximum you can register a domain is 10 yr which the minimum is just 1 yr. Now if the original owner fail to renew it after the year duration, some grace period will be given after the domain will be dropped and become available for anyone to re- register and it's legal.

Now this is quite easy and anybody with the right information and tools can do it and have a wonderful result. This is from my personal experience and not a hear say. Now this is richly profitable but just like any other business it has some basic strategies and ways to do it in order to get decent result.

Questions and enquiries are welcomed.

291 Likes 64 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by futurerex: 8:47pm On Oct 26, 2016
Following

19 Likes 12 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by khassy(m): 3:40am On Oct 27, 2016
This is really a profitable niche, thanks to your former thread and help from singapore1 I was able to get a better understanding of domaining and even though I'm yet to make a sale from my domains, I've recouped more than 100% of my capital via domain parking.

Waiting for 17th so afternic can pay me cool cool cool my money.

Please what do you suggest, it it okay to remail end users if they don't reply to your first mail after a week?? I sent a message to end users last Friday (using my personal Gmail acct) and no response yet. I'm thinking of remailing them today or next Monday since I now have an official webmail account??

What's your take on this

Cc
Klexycole

30 Likes 14 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by klexycole(m): 7:15am On Oct 27, 2016
khassy:
This is really a profitable niche, thanks to your former thread and help from singapore1 I was able to get a better understanding of domaining and even though I'm yet to make a sale from my domains, I've recouped more than 100% of my capital via domain parking.

Please what do you suggest, it it okay to remail end users if they don't reply to your first mail after a week?? I sent a message to end users last Friday (using my personal Gmail acct) and no response yet. I'm thinking of remailing them today or next Monday since I now have an official webmail account??

What's your take on this

Cc
Klexycole

Just seeing this thread. I register my presence... Coming back to modify.

24 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iykepromotions: 9:04am On Oct 27, 2016
khassy:

What's your take on this

Cc
Klexycole
contact once. At times you may not get an instant reply and at times you may get. I have sold domain within 8 days I bought it and there are some domain that have been in my portfolio for the last six months, though currently parked. The interesting part is that domains appreciates just like land. The longer it stays the more value it will be having. But if you're in a big hurry, try the auction market.

57 Likes 13 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by pat077: 1:52pm On Oct 27, 2016
How can someone make money by packing a domain and do I pay to get it packed?

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iykepromotions: 2:06pm On Oct 27, 2016
pat077:
How can someone make money by packing a domain and do I pay to get it packed?
parking simply means submitting your domain name to a parking company(there are many of them) once the ownership is confirmed, they will place adverts all over the domain and it will look exactly like a website. now this is how you make money; whenever a visitor visits and CLICK on any advert, the domain owner earns a commission. however there are some factors to consider in both parking and selling if you want to have a success story. not all domains are parkable. payments are issued out on different dates of a new month depending on your parking company.eg bodis.com pay on the 7th of every new month unfailingly except you want to rollover the payment.

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by dtruseeker(m): 2:22pm On Oct 27, 2016
iykepromotions:
parking simply means submitting your domain name to a parking company(there are many of them) once the ownership is confirmed, they will place adverts all over the domain and it will look exactly like a website. now this is how you make money; whenever a visitor visits and CLICK on any advert, the domain owner earns a commission. however there are some factors to consider in both parking and selling if you want to have a success story. not all domains are parkable. payments are issued out on different dates of a new month depending on your parking company.eg bodis.com pay on the 7th of every new month unfailingly except you want to rollover the payment.
sir, for us that are newbie to this thing. How can we learn and benefit from it?

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iykepromotions: 2:50pm On Oct 27, 2016
dtruseeker:
sir, for us that are newbie to this thing. How can we learn and benefit from it?
That's why this thread was created. I will be back with more analysis and experience in the industry so far.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by webpower84: 3:27pm On Oct 27, 2016
This is the OP, my other handle was banned for posting a link by the antibot but that won't stop this thread from going on. In my next post I will talk about qualities to look for in both domain parking and selling, where and how to sell a domain name. How I sold my first domain name and other analysis.

60 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Testapep(m): 3:55pm On Oct 27, 2016
iykepromotions:
That's why this thread was created. I will be back with more analysis and experience in the industry so far.
Bro iyke
Thank God,but why was the other thread removed

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by gen2lpat(m): 3:59pm On Oct 27, 2016
Following

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by khassy(m): 7:26pm On Oct 27, 2016
iykepromotions:
contact once. At times you may not get an instant reply and at times you may get. I have sold domain within 8 days I bought it and there are some domain that have been in my portfolio for the last six months, though currently parked. The interesting part is that domains appreciates just like land. The longer it stays the more value it will be having. But if you're in a big hurry, try the auction market.

I'll wait... Thanks

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by dand9206(m): 1:03am On Oct 28, 2016
nice thread OP.
Khassy, please i sent you a PM. something i want to ask you

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by webpower84: 8:18am On Oct 28, 2016
Testapep:
Bro iyke
Thank God,but why was the other thread removed
seems it was mistakenly deleted by the robots. Though I have informed the mod if there's any possibility to restore it back.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Testapep(m): 9:40am On Oct 28, 2016
iykepromotions:
we are following you sir

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by warrenweste(m): 5:02pm On Oct 28, 2016
Following cool..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by webpower84: 6:00pm On Oct 28, 2016
[b] continuing.....
most of what am reporting here is from my own personal experience, mistakes and success though I have read and study alot about domaining. now making money online is not complicated as many presents it to be. inshort it's very easy but you need to know how and the system that works. EXPIRED domain investing is just one of them...... and there are two basic ways to make money from it;

*Domain parking and

*Domain selling or flipping.

As I briefly explained before, domain parking simply means submitting your domain to a parking company, in return they will now scatter adverts on the said domain, whenever a visitor visits and click on any ad, the domain owner earns a money. the earnings is called commission. yes that's how it works and it's absolutely free to park a domain though a one particular company charge for it which I will highlight later. now not all domains will make money from parking as there are qualities to consider in a domain both for parking or selling. [/b]

52 Likes 20 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by webpower84: 6:17pm On Oct 28, 2016
Qualities To Look Out For In Parking;
1; CPC;cost per click. this must be considered if you're serious about making money from parking. for example if a domain have $0.00 CPC and you go ahead to park such a domain, nothing will come out of it. but if the cpc is $5, commission will be given to you at the end of the monthso far the domain have the next quality in the next line.

2.traffic; this is very important as traffic plays a crucial role in website performance. now if a domain have a rich CPC but have a poor traffic, the parking revenue may not be on a high side. now this two recommendations is compulsory for parking not in selling.

88 Likes 26 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by haykay2005: 6:44pm On Oct 28, 2016
Following

11 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by pat077: 1:54pm On Oct 29, 2016
How do I know if d expired domain I want to register has high cpc and traffic before registering it.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by dand9206(m): 2:11am On Oct 30, 2016
following

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by webpower84: 7:52am On Oct 30, 2016
pat077:
How do I know if d expired domain I want to register has high cpc and traffic before registering it.
there are tools used to check these though I will still shed more light to that. For example Alexa.com and similarweb.com are the basic tool used to estimate traffic ranking.

51 Likes 14 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by webpower84: 8:27am On Oct 30, 2016
Selling

Before I talk about types and qualities of domain to go for, let me share my first domain sale experience. It was on the radio, the name then was very popular; Danbaba. A radio man was bearing the name as his nickname. Well I searched for danbaba.com at a domain registrar and it was available. I quickly bought it for $9, put it up for sale and contacted the radio man if he may be interested. I adviced him to use the domain to develop a website for his comedy business, unfortunately he concluded that I want to scam him and that the name belonged to him. I never contacted him again undecided

I went to afternic.com, a domain Marketplace and put the domain at a buy it now price of $550.

I woke up one morning, got an email from afternic that my domain have been sold for the exact price that I put it. Well I first thought that it's a scam but there's the company logo there and a link to follow to complete the transaction. I followed the link and made them know clearly that am a Nigerian living in Nigeria. Everything was finalised within 8 days after I transferred the domain to them and I was paid. It was an amazing experience and since then I no more search for any other way to make money online. More effort is what is required now. And it have been wonderful so far cheesy Now if you have a domain name, no need of approaching a Nigerian for his interest. Just go internationally. There may be interested companies ready to pay high price for that domain.

A domain you sold N50 here may be sold N500 in foreign marketplace and why is it like that? They know the value.

132 Likes 15 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by pat077: 9:11am On Oct 30, 2016
webpower84:
Selling

Before I talk about types and qualities of domain to go for, let me share my first domain sale experience. It was on the radio, the name then was very popular; Danbaba. A radio man was bearing the name as his nickname. Well I searched for danbaba.com at a domain registrar and it was available. I quickly bought it for $9, put it up for sale and contacted the radio man if he may be interested. I adviced him to use the domain to develop a website for his comedy business, unfortunately he concluded that I want to scam him and that the name belonged to him. I never contacted him again undecided

I went to afternic.com, a domain Marketplace and put the domain at a buy it now price of $550.

I woke up one morning, got an email from afternic that my domain have been sold for the exact price that I put it. Well I first thought that it's a scam but there's the company logo there and a link to follow to complete the transaction. I followed the link and made them know clearly that am a Nigerian living in Nigeria. Everything was finalised within 8 days after I transferred the domain to them and I was paid. It was an amazing experience and since then I no more search for any other way to make money online. More effort is what is required now. And it have been wonderful so far cheesy Now if you have a domain name, no need of approaching a Nigerian for his interest. Just go internationally. There may be interested companies ready to pay high price for that domain.

A domain you sold N50 here may be sold N500 in foreign marketplace and why is it like that? They know the value.
was the domain an expired one before you register it or u registered it afresh.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by leunamme93(m): 12:18pm On Oct 30, 2016
Mr Iyke
What happenned to the other thread and it seems your account has been blocked too with this new moniker your are using.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Abcruz(m): 1:29pm On Oct 30, 2016
pat077:
just like he rightly cited, the domain was hand registered not expired.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by venus080(m): 7:01pm On Oct 30, 2016
I am really following this.Can you give us newbie the nitty gritty of this? like how to get started,where to go and also how to receive payment ie payment processors used.BTW the information is quite educative

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Luvlydevin(m): 7:29pm On Oct 30, 2016
Good

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iykepromotions: 7:36pm On Oct 30, 2016
pat077:
bro this is a brand new domain, never registered before. That was my first domain and that's why I analysed how the sale went through. I have since shifted more attention to expired domains which has been more profitable and faster to sell due to the previous statistics and popularity.

42 Likes 13 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (3298) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.