Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:06 AM

Seun Kuti:"Buhari Trampled On The Rights Of Fela Kuti's Family" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun Kuti:"Buhari Trampled On The Rights Of Fela Kuti's Family" (986 Views)

Fashola At The Kalakuta Museum Where Fela Kuti Was Buried / Throwback Photo Of Fela Kuti Wearing Pant To Play Table Tennis / Photo Of Fela In Bandages After Severe Beating By Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun Kuti:"Buhari Trampled On The Rights Of Fela Kuti's Family" by sixtuschimere: 2:18pm On Feb 08, 2015
Afrobeat musician Seun Kuti said he won't vote in this year's election.He also revealed the only condition he can forgive General Buhari for imprisoning his late father Fela.

Read what he said below....

"No, I don’t have my PVC because I decided already long time ago, even before the candidates were chosen, that the election is the politician’s elections still. I’m not going to vote. And I’ve been proven correct. I’m happy that so many people in Nigeria today want to be involved in the democratic process of this country. It is a big development in our democratic development. And so many people want to also cast protest votes this year protest against how the country has been run by the present administration and I understand. And I support it as well. But the truth about it is that I believe that I am very politically mature. And for me to cast my vote, whoever I vote for has to represent my aspirations. I won’t just cast a protest vote in as much as a protest vote is needed in this forthcoming election. The candidate that is brought forward as well is someone that I believe is not in the good books of the Kuti family. And my family, we’re very united in our views about civic responsibility and human rights.
And retired General Buhari has trampled on the rights of my family when he jailed my father, illegally for that matter. And Fela was innocent. This is why it would be difficult for me to say I want to vote for Buhari. Maybe if Buhari wins and becomes president, then I can forgive him if he begins to do to Nigerians what Fela would have liked for Nigerians because maybe if Buhari becomes president and he suddenly becomes pro-people, developing Nigeria from the ground-up, things that I know would have made my father happy, and he is bring Nigeria up yeah. Definitely, I would understand that even if Fela were alive and Fela sees Nigeria going forward like this, he would speak in favour of the man. But so far, I can’t betray my father based on some promises and some words. So, that is why I’m not voting for him."

Source: http:///TqXW

Re: Seun Kuti:"Buhari Trampled On The Rights Of Fela Kuti's Family" by absoluteSuccess: 2:24pm On Feb 08, 2015
Seun boy, chip of the old brick. I love your art and how you've sustained the aspirations of the Legendary Fela, and your spirit of forgiveness. Move on dude.
Re: Seun Kuti:"Buhari Trampled On The Rights Of Fela Kuti's Family" by pacifique(m): 2:25pm On Feb 08, 2015
Re: Seun Kuti:"Buhari Trampled On The Rights Of Fela Kuti's Family" by otbliz(m): 2:38pm On Feb 08, 2015
Seun, if you want fame, release a Hit track.
Politics and music are not the same.

One is talent, the other is Power
Re: Seun Kuti:"Buhari Trampled On The Rights Of Fela Kuti's Family" by sixtuschimere: 2:46pm On Feb 08, 2015
dontjealousme1:
This is fela after Buhari finished dealing with him. Fela severely beaten
I am short of words
Re: Seun Kuti:"Buhari Trampled On The Rights Of Fela Kuti's Family" by waternogetemeny: 2:51pm On Feb 08, 2015
This is fela after Buhari finished dealing with him. Fela severely beaten

Re: Seun Kuti:"Buhari Trampled On The Rights Of Fela Kuti's Family" by Bright2(m): 3:22pm On Feb 08, 2015
What ever you sow, that you will reap.
Fela is dead but his manhood lives on!
Re: Seun Kuti:"Buhari Trampled On The Rights Of Fela Kuti's Family" by asadike(f): 4:08pm On Feb 08, 2015
You are a true son of your father,seun.
Re: Seun Kuti:"Buhari Trampled On The Rights Of Fela Kuti's Family" by PapiWata: 4:23pm On Feb 08, 2015
Bright2:
What ever you sow, that you will reap.
Fela is dead but his manhood lives on!

Is the manhood kept in a museum somewhere ?
Re: Seun Kuti:"Buhari Trampled On The Rights Of Fela Kuti's Family" by ozoigbondu: 4:25pm On Feb 08, 2015
Evil man with no regards for human rights

#MATCHONBUHARI

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti:"Buhari Trampled On The Rights Of Fela Kuti's Family" by Bright2(m): 5:20pm On Feb 08, 2015
PapiWata:

Is the manhood kept in a museum somewhere ?
Ask patience Jonathan where Ojukwu own was kept,they are in thesame place.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Jega Has Already Drafted His Resignation Letter / Senator Musiliu Obanikoro Hits The Gym....see Photos / OBJ Tweets Valentines Messages For Okupe (images)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.