Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Agape Love Vs Phileo Love: 20 Solid Differences - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Agape Love Vs Phileo Love: 20 Solid Differences (2045 Views)

What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? / Jesus Or Mohammed: A Brief Look At 25 Differences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agape Love Vs Phileo Love: 20 Solid Differences by zikclassiq(m): 4:29pm On Feb 08, 2015
1. AGAPE LOVE is controlled by the heart. (Naive of your status, blinded to circumtances) while PHILEO LOVE is intellectual, calculative and logical (the head or mind). Like "the guy is handsome, cool*** but seems to be cash-stranded ".
2. AGAPE LOVE is Divine while PHILEO LOVE is human
3. AGAPE LOVE always believes. It has faith, patience and can endure longer than you think while PHILEO LOVE would always have doubts and be sceptical. Lacks the will to go the extra mile!
4. AGAPE LOVE is never jealous while PHILEO love is always jealous.
5. AGAPE LOVE is humble anywhere anytime and covers your faults. Nobody will know it. while PHILEO LOVE always has ego to protect. Faults easily get exposed sometimes without apology
6. AGAPE LOVE CANNOT hate while PHILEO LOVE CAN hate!(oops!) "haters". You know them!
7. AGAPE LOVE is Eternal, without end while PHILEO LOVE is only Earth-bound. It all ends here!
8. AGAPE LOVE is Perfect. No increase nor decrease while PHILEO LOVE is subject to growth, development and the factors affecting it.
9. AGAPE LOVE trusts unconditionally whithout strings attached to it while PHILEO LOVE "must test and prove beyond all reasonable doubt" can only trust with strings attached to it.
10. AGAPE LOVE has no fear. It is always confident. while PHILEO LOVE breeds fear and lacks confidence.
11. AGAPE LOVE is NOT selfish and doesnt seek its own first while PHILEO LOVE's theme is "what's in it for me?" (Friends with benefits)
12. AGAPE LOVE can FORGIVE UNCONDITIONALLY FORGET YES FORGET while oga & madam PHILEO LOVE will remember the day, month, year(10 years ago), environment and even remind you that rain was falling that day! imagine that!
13. AGAPE LOVE is not hurt and does not go hurting sombody while PHILEO LOVE is easily hurt and seeks to go on a revenge mission(personal vendetta;"I will show her who I am ": "This guy doesn't know me first!"wink
14. AGAPE LOVE is THE GENUINE LOVE. Its the True LOve while PHILEO LOVE is the PERVERTED FORM of genuine Love.
15 AGAPE LOVE has no limits, cannot be overstretched, therefore it CANNOT break while there is a limit to which PHILEO LOVE can go, over which it will react!
(what do you call the love that a man will cut the throat of LAWFULLY WEDDED WIFE for suspecting her of infidelity after having 3 children for him. What happened to the I love you honey, baby, sweety and darling?) (lets not go to boyfriend/girlfirend matter)
16. AGAPE LOVE labours and works tirelesly to please and doesn't seem to please enough while PHILEO LOVE will tire after some efforts and begin to seek for excuse to pipe down..like "i don tire with love love thing sef" You might not say it out but it becomes burden to you!
17. When your love for your spouse or friend begins to seem as a burden on you hmm! It is not AGAPE LOVE.
18. AGAPE love is beyond the sexual attraction you have for your wife/husband or girlfriend/boyfrriend
19. PHILEO LOVE is physical love. Anything physical is subject to earthly factors and circumstances. Reaching your breaking point in PHILEO LOVE is natural, you can't help it. But with AGAPE LOVE, your bond goes above the physical, above yourself. Its SPIRITUAL! Its DIVINE!
20. PHILEO LOVE will FAIL!!! AGAPE LOVE CANNOT FAIL!!!
*NB: Constructive inputs are welcome. God bless you all. Today is Sunday. Lets spread the word out (@OAM4J)for us to know what LOVE are we actually exhibiting!
PHILEO OR AGAPE?
Re: Agape Love Vs Phileo Love: 20 Solid Differences by zikclassiq(m): 4:53pm On Feb 08, 2015
A graphic display of the text above.

Re: Agape Love Vs Phileo Love: 20 Solid Differences by lovely17(m): 5:11pm On Feb 08, 2015
very true
Re: Agape Love Vs Phileo Love: 20 Solid Differences by zikclassiq(m): 7:05pm On Feb 08, 2015
lovely17:
very true
ofcourse

(1) (Reply)

@christains.....please, Help Me Understand This Passage. / Question For Day.do Angels Have Sex Organs? / Why Do Atheist And Devilist Attack Only Christianity??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.