Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,884 members, 7,813,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

I Started My Business With N50, 000 – Agusto - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Started My Business With N50, 000 – Agusto (2390 Views)

. / Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary / The Lagos State Government Has Started Online Registration Of Jobless People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Started My Business With N50, 000 – Agusto by zayzee(f): 7:41pm On Feb 08, 2015
Folayemi Agusto is the Chief Executive Officer of The Artisan Gift Company, an establishment that was registered in January 2014 to provide services to celebrants and event makers. As an entrepreneur, Agusto who was featured in the premier edition of GT Bank SME Market Hub ‘Merchant Monday’ programme, said her expectation when beginning her business is very different from the reality she has gotten. In this interview with UZEZI ADESITE, the graduate from University of Virginia, USA, discusses her business and issues in the event management industry.

Tell us about The Artisans Gift Company?
The Artisans Gift Company is a gift and favour business based in Lagos Nigeria. We sell a range of gifts and favours for all sorts of events like baby showers, bridal showers, weddings, birthday parties and also package corporate gifts.
Why did you set up this business?
I started this business because I am very into event management and planning. I have attended lots of events in Lagos over the years and I never liked the gifts that were given out. I have seen vegetable oil as gift, I have seen garri. My cousin received bleaching cream last year. I have seen so many buckets and trays; so many odd things that people might not really need at home. So I wanted to change this industry I guess and change the gifts that were given out to things that are more practical, more useful and functional.

Click to read full interview- http://zayzee..com/2015/02/i-started-my-business-with-n50-000.html

1 Like

Re: I Started My Business With N50, 000 – Agusto by kestolove95(m): 7:44pm On Feb 08, 2015
My generation my generation...if dey have 50k..dey will. go and buy phone with it

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Started My Business With N50, 000 – Agusto by zayzee(f): 9:38pm On Feb 08, 2015
kestolove95:
My generation my generation...if dey have 50k..dey will. go and buy phone with it

Unfortunately you are right. Thankfully though, there are a few who are thinking more about their future and these few can motivate many others with their stories. I interviewed a 21 year old CEO who started her business with N40k her parents gave her. Today, she is training people much older than her. If you look closely, you will find their are some young people making a difference and those are the kind of people I like to share their stories.
Hopefully, sooner than later, our generation will be the driving force of our economy.
Re: I Started My Business With N50, 000 – Agusto by Xaviers(m): 9:52pm On Feb 08, 2015
Space booked

1 Like

Re: I Started My Business With N50, 000 – Agusto by Stanleyafam(m): 10:51pm On Feb 08, 2015
Some will club with 100k n call demselves bigboys, anyway i'll just buy dis land. wink
Re: I Started My Business With N50, 000 – Agusto by 100Cents: 11:41pm On Feb 08, 2015
kestolove95:

Tell them o.

Infact, WISDOM is profitable to direct. (Only God gives it).

Youth, pray for wisdom..
Re: I Started My Business With N50, 000 – Agusto by boojwa(m): 6:51am On Feb 09, 2015
100Cents:

Tell them o.

Infact, WISDOM is profitable to direct. (Only God gives it).

Youth, pray for wisdom..

God don't give widom you have to go get it...read, upgrade urself... learn from others ...the bible says "wisdom is the principal thing but in all thine getting, get understanding" wisdom without understanding is common sense
Re: I Started My Business With N50, 000 – Agusto by 100Cents: 7:15am On Feb 09, 2015
boojwa:

God don't give widom you have to go get it...read, upgrade urself... learn from others ...the bible says "wisdom is the principal thing but in all thine getting, get understanding" wisdom without understanding is common sense

1 Kings 4: 29 And God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding exceeding much, and largeness of heart, even as the sand that is on the seashore..

Read also 1 Kings 5: 12 And God gave Solomon wisdom as he promised him, and there was peace between Hiram and Solomon, and they two made a league together..

Wisdom only comes from God. There is no wisdom without understanding as an appendage. Some people achieve little and think they have attained wisdom, when the door of their luck closes, they go back to square one. That's the self development you are talking about.

All you should do is desire it.. When you talk about improving oneself, many people have done that and got nowhere.. I am an advocate of self development. Wisdom as you see it is very rare and when you see a wiseman nobody will tell you. He stands out.

1 Like

Re: I Started My Business With N50, 000 – Agusto by 100Cents: 8:43am On Feb 09, 2015
The most touching aspect of her story is that she was a graduate of a foreign University yet she didn't expect much from the white collar industry but sought to develop herself.

Unlike most Nigerian graduates who see a certificate as an automatic meal ticket..

1 Like

Re: I Started My Business With N50, 000 – Agusto by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 09, 2015
50k as business capital...by this time...
Please gimme insights...
Make I collate my savings...
Re: I Started My Business With N50, 000 – Agusto by mizkeleke(f): 9:44am On Feb 09, 2015
I have dreams of becoming a young CEO n influence the world.......So help me God
Re: I Started My Business With N50, 000 – Agusto by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 09, 2015
kestolove95:

majority of our youths are in the slothful
some of the posters on this thread even insulted me on the thread below

https://www.nairaland.com/2131044/mike-ezuruonye-endorses-jonathan-shares.

i learnt dangote started with 200k. GUO okeke started small too.

God bless every genuine hustler
Re: I Started My Business With N50, 000 – Agusto by njuwo(m): 3:57pm On Feb 09, 2015
How much the 50 thousand don be now?
Re: I Started My Business With N50, 000 – Agusto by Holaryhemie: 5:22pm On Feb 09, 2015
kestolove95:

lol!!
Re: I Started My Business With N50, 000 – Agusto by 12345DKO(m): 5:51pm On Feb 09, 2015
boojwa:

GOD IS THE GIVER OF WISDOM BECAUSE THE WORD OF GOD IN JAMES 1:5 SAYS, IF ANY OF YOU LACKS WISDOM, HE SHOULD ASK GOD, WHO GIVES GENEROUSLY TO ALL WITHOUT FINDING FAULT, AND IT WILL BE GIVEN TO HIM.
Re: I Started My Business With N50, 000 – Agusto by liliangmail(f): 7:15pm On Feb 09, 2015
Boojwa@ Are a free thinker? shocked jst asking!!!! 50k go buy human hair nd make-up! our girls shocked

(1) (Reply)

Coca-cola Company RECRUITMENT 2015 / Viju Industries Ltd Interview / Monday Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.