Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Scandal - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Scandal (5502 Views)

Dances With Wolves [18+] - Bleep, Scandal, Betrayal, Lust,crime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Scandal by spacefreak: 2:00pm On Mar 16, 2015
Maryofficial:

cheesy put down the gun no need to get violent. I will update the story but not today.

When?

Soon. I promise.
Re: Scandal by Enoquin(f): 12:40pm On Mar 23, 2015
Just finished reading.

Observations

*Your tenses are dancing makosa. This implies that you are switching between present and past tenses. And that is the major slip when using the active 'I' voice.

*There's little excuse for misspelt words, try to ensure that they are rarely in your work*

*You also slipped into shortcode sometimes. I no say e no easy to dey type everything but try*

*I know you were/are using your phone hence the poor formatting, if your phone has word, after typing on your notepad, paste it there and try formatting*

*Write out your major plots or a loose plot before starting a story and try to give it an ending there*
For example:
Nnamdi is a lab scientist, 28, owns a bmw. Lives alone. His bestfriend Obioha is also a lab scientist but works for Nnamdi's estranged father, Obi has a step sister, Chinwe an accountant who lives alone.

Ch 1: Nnamdi and Chinwe have sex. Chinwe plays it cool, leaving Nnamdi confused.

Bla bla bla. You write out your chapters till the end that way so that when you pick up a chapter to write on, you have the bare essentials and just need to flesh it out.

So? How do you want your story to end? Chinwe and Nnamdi with conflict thrown in the middle or Chinwe and Nnamdi coming together now to go their seperate ways in the end?

Don't keep your audience waiting smiley
Re: Scandal by spacefreak: 7:55pm On Mar 23, 2015
Enoquin:
Just finished reading.

Observations

*Your tenses are dancing makosa. This implies that you are switching between present and past tenses. And that is the major slip when using the active 'I' voice.

*There's little excuse for misspelt words, try to ensure that they are rarely in your work*

*You also slipped into shortcode sometimes. I no say e no easy to dey type everything but try*

*I know you were/are using your phone hence the poor formatting, if your phone has word, after typing on your notepad, paste it there and try formatting*

*Write out your major plots or a loose plot before starting a story and try to give it an ending there*
For example:
Nnamdi is a lab scientist, 28, owns a bmw. Lives alone. His bestfriend Obioha is also a lab scientist but works for Nnamdi's estranged father, Obi has a step sister, Chinwe an accountant who lives alone.

Ch 1: Nnamdi and Chinwe have sex. Chinwe plays it cool, leaving Nnamdi confused.

Bla bla bla. You write out your chapters till the end that way so that when you pick up a chapter to write on, you have the bare essentials and just need to flesh it out.

So? How do you want your story to end? Chinwe and Nnamdi with conflict thrown in the middle or Chinwe and Nnamdi coming together now to go their seperate ways in the end?

Don't keep your audience waiting smiley

cheesy good observations. I prefer typing on my phone cause its with me all the time. So, I could write anywhere.

I know how I want the story to end. I'm just lazy to put down words. I have been writing though just haven't written enough. I will definitely work on the tenses. Thanks for the review. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Shakespeare Book Thrills You Most? / Bloodline........Prologue / Free Ebooks, Magazines, Textbooks, Television Series Download For All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.