Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,165 members, 7,849,600 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:15 AM

Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals (28458 Views)

Fayose Challenges Buhari To Try Yobe INEC REC Over Alleged N15m Bribe / Jonathan Urges Nigerians To Patiently Wait For INEC To Collate, Announce Result / Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by genearts(m): 4:42pm On Feb 09, 2015
If INEC wasn't ready Jega would have said so, he is a man that takes responsibility, he is not like the clueless one
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by 0b1nna: 4:45pm On Feb 09, 2015
mycar:
I am forced to comment on this issue based on the misconception that people have on this postponement, INEC was not ready for February 14 and needed a collaboration from the military to get themselves off the hook, else not, was there no ban on the use of the military for the Election?

People fail to ask some pertinent questions as their minds are made up not to see anything good in what the government does.

Whatever measure you use for someone shall be used on you.

Amen to that, brother. Amen!

3 Likes

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by BabaO2: 4:46pm On Feb 09, 2015
kay1one2:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/revealed-shift-of-election-was-a-lifeline-for-inec/201368/
Mr anonymous PDP sponsored REC, you are a disgrace to tell us INEC was not ready for election scheduled for Feb 14 & 28. It is an indictment on your competency if you can not conduct election you have been planning over 4 years. Non of the excuses given for the postponement is tenable. Nigeria police is to police elections not Nigeria army, I wondered what retired Col sambo is fool!shly and arrogantly suggesting in the land dominated by barbarians. Secondly, even if you give 4 more years, not all the PVC will be collected.
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by Dereformer(m): 4:46pm On Feb 09, 2015
eleko1:
Jona is a scammer,inept/clueless president.wonder why we can't get thing done in normal way here? Anyway,03/28 isn't far,we'll MARCH BUHARI to ASO ROCK.SAI BUHARI wink

When you wake up, let me know.

4 Likes

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by Yomboy4ever(m): 4:48pm On Feb 09, 2015
Faibuhari:
The postponement will help INEC to prepare very well and Nigerians will vote in GEJ for Fresh air

what have they been doing? Election comes up Every 4yrs for God sake. Dis shows they are not competent . But I can assure you evrything will change after March.
CHANGE All d way..
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 09, 2015
visalo:

You claim inec was ready. What is the percentage of pvc collection in lagos? Please try to research before you comment on national issues

And what was the percentage of voters in Lagos state in 2011?
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by dokunbam(m): 4:53pm On Feb 09, 2015
Meanwhile

Get in the weekly promo and win cinema tickets, recharge cards, Eveline cosmetics,Calvin klein perfume and more…

How to play the game

Make a comment – tell us your favourite healthy drink and why its your favourite.

Winners are picked base on comments on your post.

7 comments equal a recharge card
10 comments equal a movie tickets
15 comments equal Dominos pizza
20 comments equal Eveline cosmetics
25 comments equal Calvin klein perfume

winners every Friday by 12 noon.
Click here and win
For more info http://www.blackpatient.com/forums/topic/1057/

From Black Patient – Africa's leading health information website
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by ellechrystal(f): 4:54pm On Feb 09, 2015
peedeeasobie:

A million kisses for this beautiful submission.
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by ellechrystal(f): 4:54pm On Feb 09, 2015
agabaI23:
Wow, wow! Nice speech!!! wink

Thanks dear
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by fagin1982(m): 4:55pm On Feb 09, 2015
mycar:
I am forced to comment on this issue based on the misconception that people have on this postponement, INEC was not ready for February 14 and needed a collaboration from the military to get themselves off the hook, else not, was there no ban on the use of the military for the Election?

People fail to ask some pertinent questions as their minds are made up not to see anything good in what the government does.

Whatever measure you use for someone shall be used on you.

My dear ..you are right....
INEC was not ready yet to conduct an election
People comment out of ignorance
A lot of people commenting here are kids
So overlook them

2 Likes

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by nattyhero(m): 4:56pm On Feb 09, 2015
eleko1:
Jona is a scammer,inept/clueless president.wonder why we can't get thing done in normal way here? Anyway,03/28 isn't far,we'll MARCH BUHARI to ASO ROCK.SAI BUHARI wink

You call him clueless yet he gives his rivals the sucker punch all the time. GEJ carry go

6 Likes

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by thaoriginator: 4:58pm On Feb 09, 2015
Faibuhari:
The postponement will help INEC to prepare very well and Nigerians will vote in GEJ for Fresh air
You and who?

For the record, I hereby dissociate myself from this comment I quoted.
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by tuniski: 4:59pm On Feb 09, 2015
Thank you Prof Jega for heeding valuable counsel, you are a patriot for not playing political expediency at the expense of our larger nationhood! This was the case in Chibok and saboteurs refused the advice not to write Waec there and now our girls have been kidnapped and their Dreams stolen. Today, where are they? The headache is GEJ's as some instead of fighting BH are fighting govt! We are already drained with #Bringbackouurgirls we don't need new hash tags. Postponement is valid and within the law and constitution. Except the APC has a fixated agenda for 14/2/2015 which has been neutralized, there is no need crying foul! Come 28/3/2015 no one will stop u casting your ballot! God bless nigeria!
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by tmtech: 5:01pm On Feb 09, 2015
I fink dey av started building dia case against jega....... I won't be surprised if anoda inec official accuse jega of incompetence.... Eventually, dey probably wud suceed in replacing jega..... Following in HD
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by LUDALOOLO(m): 5:03pm On Feb 09, 2015
Faibuhari:

fresh air indeed.. since 2010 we no experience fresh air nah now we go come experience am
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 09, 2015
eleko1:
Hellooo...there's no space in ASO ROCK so U will march him to Zuma Rock, or better still to Alomo Rock. You can also march him to Obudu Cattle Ranch in Calabar...I think that's the best. This postponement is necessary 'cause about 40 percent of registered voters in the Southe-south and in the Eastern regions haven't gotten their PVCs. Do U have any idea what that could lead to? I bet if Goodluck was ur father you wouldn't type that shit up there, you lack empathy. I wonder where you were brought up...U lack prudence in speech. What's your background ?

1 Like

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by Plus234(m): 5:09pm On Feb 09, 2015
Felixsun20:
Hellooo...there's no space in ASO ROCK so U will march him to Zuma Rock, or better still to Alomo Rock. You can also march him to Obudu Cattle Ranch in Calabar...I think that's the best. This postponement is necessary 'cause about 40 percent of registered voters in the Southe-south and in the Eastern regions haven't gotten their PVCs. Do U have any idea what that could lead to? I bet if Goodluck was ur father you wouldn't type that shit up there, you lack empathy. I wonder where you were brought up...U lack prudence in speech. What's your background ?
u mean criminal and 419 father ?
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by tuniski: 5:13pm On Feb 09, 2015
Azwealth:

see ur stupidity......u wrote 'Nigerians will vote in GEJ'....so u control d thinking of all Nigerians?
so saying change to Buhari's backwardness is what your own nigerians say ba? Abeg we majority will vote GEJ! Buhari won't get zero in fact, he will get more votes than before but, still won't be enuff to stop GEJ's Marchtill2019!

2 Likes

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by nov19(m): 5:14pm On Feb 09, 2015
INEC cannot possibly be ready when 26 Million voters cards are yet to be collected. That is probably the size of 5 to 6 African countries put together. I thinks that's just too much.

Its unfair to say because I have my voter's card, elections should go ahead. Things need to be done the right way. Millions of Nigerians should not be deprived of their right to vote.

2 Likes

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by dadexcel: 5:14pm On Feb 09, 2015
CaptainAmerica1:
[/s]

Gibberish! Jega himself said the reason was 'security' not all that nonsense typed up there
. I thought you would have waited for INEC or jega to come forward and disprove these allegations instead of cancelling then outrightly. The last time I checked that's what we call intelligent arguement.

2 Likes

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by mayour01(m): 5:15pm On Feb 09, 2015
Umunede:
We know corpers are to be used as ad-hoc staffs. They should come out to clarify for us if they have been trained or not
we just finished training 2day afta we started on saturday. Truth b said d manual at d training was nt enof n d card reader issue 'no comment' just like ao i'll ansa on electn day

3 Likes

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by eleko1: 5:16pm On Feb 09, 2015
I dnt join issue with a teens
Felixsun20:
nuff said
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by Ovamboland(m): 5:17pm On Feb 09, 2015
ellechrystal:

Gbam. .exactly my thoughts. Some ppl don't read, they don't research, they don't even comprehend wats going on. Too bad.
These days ppl insult d govt anyhow, an old man once told me that the problem we ve in Nigeria is Obasanjo n freedom of speech, n I agree with him.
Most of us just talk n type anyhow. D devil has succeeded in making more than 70 percent of the world today go into the sin of rebelion and disobedience all sheeped up in a package called freedom of speech. We rebel n insult d govt we don't respect authorities anymore, wen d bible clearly stated that we should obey authorities.
The opposition that is encouraging rebellion n insult, I hope if they happen to rule, they will take it just like the present govt has swallowed enough, cos they don't look like they would.
Back to d postponement ish...
too many ppl in d south havnt gotten their cards n how do they expect to do a free n fair election with that? Denying one an opportunity to vote for his preferred candidate.
one would think they r up to something.
I think this six weeks will help a lot.let INEC use it to release all the voters card they r keeping.
let's learn to see things in two ways not just one way.

Another damaged brain by religion, what concerns the millions of muslims, traditional religions, atheist, hindus with what the bible says about respect for authority? What national laws has been violated by the so-called insults is what matters not what one ancient book says.

Religion seems to be one major reason democracy and rule of law has failed to take root in Nigeria. This one even repudiates the freedom we have to make statement freely here, can you imagine? He forgets that same freedom he did not fight for is essential to a democratic society and it is far more than elections and where the winner comes from.
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by shady26(m): 5:19pm On Feb 09, 2015
viczing:
The truth about Jega trying to help northerners is coming out.. imagine the problems that would have been faced if the election held... Jega is a stooge of apc....but we will defeat him.. he wants to disenfranchise us... cos apc states has gotten more pvc than other states.. but we caught him

Sack Jega now before its too late
we understand that is the PDP script, discredit jega after frustrating him with late funding then sack him.we dare PDP to try it and See.......useless party
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by xklucvG: 5:21pm On Feb 09, 2015
Sanchez01:
This is nothing but pure lie!

1. The OP is a Paid PDP agent on the forum.
2. We know who This Day works for.
3. Almost everyone speak on anonimity - our reports, particularly in prints are sinister.
4. Every attempt to discredit the INEC chairman has been put in place ever since the umbrella party claimed they don't know where JEGA designed and printed our cards.

We are not robots and we refuse to be deceive. Jega has said it before now that the INEC is ready.
Shut up! If INEC is truely ready why haven't i gotten my PVC? You people think that opposition means anything coming from the present administration must be condemned. Let me tell this i know APC will clinch power but if we do not support them all the way, they might end up the same way like Jonathan's government.
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by shady26(m): 5:21pm On Feb 09, 2015
callmenow:
That is why Jega must step down. We knew that he had been lying to Nigeria all along. Jonathan administration should send him on compulsory leave immediately.
is that the PDP script for rigging? we are watching and patiently waiting
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by Purity01(f): 5:24pm On Feb 09, 2015
Shut up. Imagi izu........simple. I dont knw id u own neither a tv nor dis aboki bbc radio. The news is everywhr dat not every1 has got d pvc. Why do u want to disenfranchise those who dont av it. Pls bfr u come online and blame ppl bcox of ur change mantra,@least be properly informed. Anuofia
Sanchez01:
This is nothing but pure lie!

1. The OP is a Paid PDP agent on the forum.
2. We know who This Day works for.
3. Almost everyone speak on anonimity - our reports, particularly in prints are sinister.
4. Every attempt to discredit the INEC chairman has been put in place ever since the umbrella party claimed they don't know where JEGA designed and printed our cards.

We are not robots and we refuse to be deceive. Jega has said it before now that the INEC is ready.

3 Likes

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by Purity01(f): 5:26pm On Feb 09, 2015
U even try answer ur fellow change collector
xklucvG:

Shut up! If INEC is truely ready why haven't i gotten my PVC? You people think that opposition means anything coming from the present administration must be condemned. Let me tell this i know APC will clinch power but if we do not support them all the way, they might end up the same way like Jonathan's government.
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by kay1one2(m): 5:27pm On Feb 09, 2015
Got a better job today and made fp... #Godwin!!! grin cheesy
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by ProfOwah(m): 5:30pm On Feb 09, 2015
MOST OF PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM ARE MORE CLUELESS. I SAID THIS WITHOUT RESERVATION BECAUSE EVEN THE BIBLE SAID IN THE BOOK OF HEBREWS 13:16, THAT WE SHOULD OBEY OUR LEADERS BECAUSE THEY ARE SUFERING FOR US. WHEN THEY DO WHAT IS WRONG, GOD WILL JUDGE THEM. NOT SOME OF US COMING TO THIS FORUM AND CALL THEM NAMES. SO WHEN EVER YOU CALL ANYBODY A FOOL, AUTHOMATICALLY YOU HAVE BECOME A FOOL. OFFENDERS BEWARNED
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by ellechrystal(f): 5:31pm On Feb 09, 2015
Ovamboland:

Another damaged brain by religion, what concerns the millions of muslims, traditional religions, atheist, hindus with what the bible says about respect for authority? What national laws has been violated by the so-called insults is what matters not what one ancient book says.

Religion seems to be one major reason democracy and rule of law has failed to take root in Nigeria. This one even repudiates the freedom we have to make statement freely here, can you imagine? He forgets that same freedom he did not fight for is essential to a democratic society and it is far more than elections and where the winner comes from.
Mr man, I would ve ignored n let it pass but I need to put something straight to u.
First of all, u should learn d ethics of a forum n know when to abuse a person.
What is it that makes u think my brain is damaged?
R u for real?
Secondly, u should understand there is no monopoly of abuse n that the person u r itching to abuse can lash u even a harder stroke.
N thirdly, with this kind of attitude no one can take u seriously in a forum like this.
I will not abuse u. I won't call u a damaged brain like u did to me, but watever u let out d same measure will b given to u. Even double. N for d records my brain isn't damaged. N if my opinion irritated u u should ve ignored or sounded more polite.
N I clearly stated that we shouldn't b one sided in our thinking.
What ever happened to d opinions of others?
N who event mentioned religion here?
I was speaking about respect which I suppose every decent religion should encourage except it's a bad one.
N wats bad in all I said please.
If u ve issues with d bible let me know.
R u for real?
Well with this I c who u r. But keep ur abuse n insolence attitude at home please, I wasn't raised that way.
Thanks.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayose Sacks Aide Over Eid El-kabir Prayers Improper Coverage / Boko Haram Attacks Christian-Majority Communities In Borno & Adamawa States / Senator Nwoko Initiates Bill On Monthly Payment Of Rent

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.