Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,026 members, 7,828,600 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals (28433 Views)

Fayose Challenges Buhari To Try Yobe INEC REC Over Alleged N15m Bribe / Jonathan Urges Nigerians To Patiently Wait For INEC To Collate, Announce Result / Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by Azwealth(m): 4:20pm On Feb 09, 2015
Faibuhari:
The postponement will help INEC to prepare very well and Nigerians will vote in GEJ for Fresh air

see ur stupidity......u wrote 'Nigerians will vote in GEJ'....so u control d thinking of all Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by cococandy(f): 4:20pm On Feb 09, 2015
Yea? We all knew that.

If fashola is just collecting his PVC how much more the commoner.

2 Likes

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by callmenow: 4:21pm On Feb 09, 2015
That is why Jega must step down. We knew that he had been lying to Nigeria all along. Jonathan administration should send him on compulsory leave immediately.
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by emeka2847: 4:21pm On Feb 09, 2015
LydiaBI:
Story for the gods........

In fact, it's a story for the DOGS

1 Like

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by anonimi: 4:21pm On Feb 09, 2015
emeka2847:
Fake story!

Spoke with this day on the condition of anonymity.

Fake story!

Na this one you sabi sey na fake story.

When "Engineer" Aregbesola's Osun Defender and Thief'nuibu cabal's Nation dey quote unnamed sources on condition of anonymity to spread bogus allegations and MISINFORM us about our government, hope sey you dey also scream & shout fake news oh angry

4 Likes

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by An2elect2(f): 4:21pm On Feb 09, 2015
makzeze:
H

I J K L M N undecided
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by tit(f): 4:21pm On Feb 09, 2015
atlwireles:
(i) Over 25million PVCs not collected
(ii) Non-guarantee of security
(iii) Training manual not ready
(iv) Presiding Officers yet to be trained
(v) 700,000 ad hoc staff not recruited yet
(vi) PVCs still being printed abroad
(vii) RECs yet to print Voter Register
(viii) Printers for Register still in Abuja
(ix) No full complement of ballot boxes
(x) Fake printing ink sent to states from headquarters rejected
(xi) Many states yet to get balance of Card Readers

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/inec-postpones-elections/

So INEC did not prepare a "gantt chart" of tasks with deadline dates?
If they had one, all they had to do was show a tracking gantt at a press conference to show their level of readiness.
this prof jiga is a real slowpoke!
he is not ready for the 21st century!

3 Likes

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by frankac: 4:22pm On Feb 09, 2015
Akwa Ibom State REC talking

1 Like

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by bakila: 4:23pm On Feb 09, 2015
atlwireles:

That place unfortunately is part of the Presidency oh. We will wait ill March.
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by slap1(m): 4:23pm On Feb 09, 2015
This revelation has far-reaching effects; Jega could be fired on grounds of incompetence/negligence.

2 Likes

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by ozoigbondu: 4:23pm On Feb 09, 2015
More justification for the postponment INEC is not fully ready numerous southerners are without voters card

APC is just making unnecessary noise over this postponment.I will vote for GEJ on march 28 and barcanista will vote for buhari on that day.This shift will make no difference many have who they want to vote in mind and this shift won't change their mind

It is even good that this is done for it makes time for more campagin and an opportunity to swing undecided voters to either sides

Meanwhile GEJ till 2019
Operation #Matchdownbuhari

4 Likes

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by arshavineering(m): 4:24pm On Feb 09, 2015
at the end they will term my C in C clueless. .while na dem de cluefool...d election was only postponed not cancelled. ..make una just take small chill pill
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by Nobody: 4:25pm On Feb 09, 2015
This is a big conspiratory lie to redeem jonathan's soiled image. INEC was ready, it was GEJ's desperate act the forced INEC to postpone the election. 1diots.
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by An2elect2(f): 4:25pm On Feb 09, 2015
Ryabcool:
Lies! All this is probably aimed at discrediting Jega's capability! We will see what will happen in 6 weeks

You sound so sure... Jega's capability? how come many have not gotten their pvcees. Fashola got his today. This is a sure pointer that they ain't fully prepared.

1 Like

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by gbadexy(m): 4:29pm On Feb 09, 2015
The training of staffs and adhoc makes sense to me.
i doubt if their has been any training and simulation exercise done
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by drjay1(m): 4:29pm On Feb 09, 2015
ellechrystal:

Gbam. .exactly my thoughts. Some ppl don't read, they don't research, they don't even comprehend wats going on. Too bad.
These days ppl insult d govt anyhow, an old man once told me that the problem we ve in Nigeria is Obasanjo n freedom of speech, n I agree with him.
Most of us just talk n type anyhow. D devil has succeeded in making more than 70 percent of the world today go into the sin of rebelion and disobedience all sheeped up in a package called freedom of speech. We rebel n insult d govt we don't respect authorities anymore, wen d bible clearly stated that we should obey authorities.
The opposition that is encouraging rebellion n insult, I hope if they happen to rule, they will take it just like the present govt has swallowed enough, cos they don't look like they would.
Back to d postponement ish...
too many ppl in d south havnt gotten their cards n how do they expect to do a free n fair election with that? Denying one an opportunity to vote for his preferred candidate.
one would think they r up to something.
I think this six weeks will help a lot.let INEC use it to release all the voters card they r keeping.
let's learn to see things in two ways not just one way.
The problem is really not about election postponement, its about the way it was postponed! If INEC had come out to postpone the elections, we would all have understood. If the military had called a meeting with Jega and INEC then postponed the elections, then no problem! The problem is that the president forced INEC to postpone the election. Jega kept insisting that INEC was ready for the elections. Mr president should have allowed INEC to be the one to call for postponement if INEC is truely independent! Then the childish way mr president went abt is is disrespectful to all Nigerians! Organising abt 100 prostesters on AIT, then some corrupt Elders like Clarke calling for Jega's resignation, then fayose and doyin okupe calling Jega a liar.. Then d fake "unintelligent" military reports.. They show that mr president has something to benefit from the postponement!

1 Like

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by Sunky200: 4:31pm On Feb 09, 2015
kay1one2:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/revealed-shift-of-election-was-a-lifeline-for-inec/201368/

attempted justification of the pressure mounted on Jega as if we don't know better.
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by Umunede(m): 4:32pm On Feb 09, 2015
We know corpers are to be used as ad-hoc staffs. They should come out to clarify for us if they have been trained or not
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by visalo: 4:32pm On Feb 09, 2015
eleko1:
Jona is a scammer,inept/clueless president.wonder why we can't get thing done in normal way here? Anyway,03/28 isn't far,we'll MARCH BUHARI to ASO ROCK.SAI BUHARI wink

Are you alright? Do you have a councillor in your house? GEJ till you get common sense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by Masifa1: 4:32pm On Feb 09, 2015
If the so called disenfranchised people are still yet to collect their PVC in the next 6 weeks i wonder what the ldiots whining about it are gonna say then?

But we all know this postponement is to Tamper with INEC and/or attempt to disqualify Buhari, either scenario will surely lead to a crisis which will ofcourse result in cancellation of the Elections or even split the country up.
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 09, 2015
ellechrystal:

Gbam. .exactly my thoughts. Some ppl don't read, they don't research, they don't even comprehend wats going on. Too bad.
These days ppl insult d govt anyhow, an old man once told me that the problem we ve in Nigeria is Obasanjo n freedom of speech, n I agree with him.
Most of us just talk n type anyhow. D devil has succeeded in making more than 70 percent of the world today go into the sin of rebelion and disobedience all sheeped up in a package called freedom of speech. We rebel n insult d govt we don't respect authorities anymore, wen d bible clearly stated that we should obey authorities.
The opposition that is encouraging rebellion n insult, I hope if they happen to rule, they will take it just like the present govt has swallowed enough, cos they don't look like they would.
too many ppl in d south havnt gotten their cards n how do they expect to do a free n fair election with that? Denying one an opportunity to vote for his preferred candidate.
I think this six weeks will help a lot.let INEC use it to release all the voters card they r keeping.
only you read, research and comprehend yet you still remain infinitesimal in our national discuss, you tire person oooo.

" We rebel n insult d govt we
don't respect authorities anymore, wen d bible
clearly stated that we should obey authorities." there is a difference between respecting constituted authorities and being a dunce. It beats every rational imagination how you equate expressing a reasoned opinion to insulting the president, if there's anyone actually insulting the other then it's the president who deliberately insults the people by taking us for granted with is show of lack of integrity.
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by peedeeasobie(m): 4:36pm On Feb 09, 2015
ellechrystal:

A million kisses for this beautiful submission.

3 Likes

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by visalo: 4:37pm On Feb 09, 2015
emmyrichie:
This is a big conspiratory lie to redeem jonathan's soiled image. INEC was ready, it was GEJ's desperate act the forced INEC to postpone the election. 1diots.

You claim inec was ready. What is the percentage of pvc collection in lagos? Please try to research before you comment on national issues
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by babestella: 4:39pm On Feb 09, 2015
mycar:
I am forced to comment on this issue based on the misconception that people have on this postponement, INEC was not ready for February 14 and needed a collaboration from the military to get themselves off the hook, else not, was there no ban on the use of the military for the Election?

People fail to ask some pertinent questions as their minds are made up not to see anything good in what the government does.

Whatever measure you use for someone shall be used on you.
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by holarid(m): 4:39pm On Feb 09, 2015
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by atlwireles: 4:39pm On Feb 09, 2015
CaptainAmerica1:
[/s]

Gibberish! Jega himself said the reason was 'security' not all that nonsense typed up there

What should we expect from Oluwoles like you undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by OLADD: 4:40pm On Feb 09, 2015
atlwireles:

Each time I look at Jega's face, all I see is deceit and I think he has been heavily compromised by powers-that-be in the north to rig the elections in favour of Buhari. With all the lapses noted, I am yet to know his rationale for repeatedly saying INEC was prepared for the election when all available indices say otherwise. Fashola, a sitting APC governor succeeded in collecting his PVC after hues and cry just yesterday whereas more than 80% of northerners (including insurgency ravaged northeast) had obtained theirs few weeks back. Are the issues of compromise raised by Southern leaders true after all?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by Keegan: 4:41pm On Feb 09, 2015
atlwireles:

...and none of the above listed was mentioned as the reason for postponement.
Are Nigerians this daft or we are just mischievous?!
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by agabaI23(m): 4:41pm On Feb 09, 2015
ellechrystal:

Wow, wow! Nice speech!!! wink

4 Likes

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by peedeeasobie(m): 4:41pm On Feb 09, 2015
drjay1:

The problem is really not about election postponement, its about the way it was postponed! If INEC had come out to postpone the elections, we would all have understood. If the military had called a meeting with Jega and INEC then postponed the elections, then no problem! The problem is that the president forced INEC to postpone the election. Jega kept insisting that INEC was ready for the elections. Mr president should have allowed INEC to be the one to call for postponement if INEC is truely independent! Then the childish way mr president went abt is is disrespectful to all Nigerians! Organising abt 100 prostesters on AIT, then some corrupt Elders like Clarke calling for Jega's resignation, then fayose and doyin okupe calling Jega a liar.. Then d fake "unintelligent" military reports.. They show that mr president has something to benefit from the postponement!

Imagine... so when it was getting clear that inec was insisting on conducting election on a very faulty premise, the government should still pamper them? No way.

You knew you weren't ready yet you were busy telling the whole world that you are ready.

They needed to be 'forced', if that was the case, to postpone the election!

1 Like

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by pingpong1: 4:41pm On Feb 09, 2015
ellechrystal:

People in the south haven't bothered to get their PVC because they listen to their Pastor who has told them GEJ will win come what may. It has now dawned on them that the reverse is the case.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by Akinz0126(m): 4:41pm On Feb 09, 2015
This is serious Jeda,Inec,pdp and GEJ Una Weldon ooo aw market?Can't blame Jega sha is been pressurised by presidency keep on shifting and postponing your Waterloo as far as am concern their strategies wont work these time JONAH OFF you GO.GMB all the way

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara / FG Declares Tuesday, Wednesday Public Holidays / Governor Wike To Butcher His Enemies With Cutlass (Video, Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.