Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,118 members, 7,835,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) (40551 Views)

17-Year-Old Ojukwu As A Rugby Player In 1952 (Throwback Photo) / President Buhari And Family On Christmas Day (Photos) / HID Awolowo Was Buried Beside Her Husband, Chief Obafemi Awolowo In Ikene (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) by frankzone: 12:08pm On Feb 09, 2015
Zonacom:
Who is that nigga on shorts and barefooted?
Looks like a houseboy 2me
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) by zimoni(f): 12:08pm On Feb 09, 2015
RIP Baba Awolowo.

How can we forget you Baba Awo? You are the Best.
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) by bawz012(m): 12:09pm On Feb 09, 2015
to do what?
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 09, 2015
kastonkastrol:
may the soul of our political father(awolowo) find peace wherever he is now smiley

And may God bless general buhari wink Amen

Oh lord please Make buhari our next president on may 29 this year. I will totally be devastated for days if my amiable, gap-tooth and lovable general doesn't win this election. I will totally be heart-broken, and dear lord I know you don't want me in that situation cry

Well if GMB does not win....you have your governor and your LGA chair. Make sure they work for you.

1 Like

Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:12pm On Feb 09, 2015
Zonacom:

That's gotta be Goodluck! grin
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) by tommiblack: 12:13pm On Feb 09, 2015

GMB I think during his time as "House Boy"
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) by kokobi99: 12:14pm On Feb 09, 2015
[quote author=Vicotex post=30563173]Awolowo running india to collect Jaz.
Yoruba ppl with jaz.

#till 2019 -

GAwolowo is a criminal
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) by frodobee: 12:18pm On Feb 09, 2015
fyneboi79:
At least fyneboi can't achieve what the illiterate has achieved even if he is given 200 years undecided
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) by cynicalarry(m): 12:24pm On Feb 09, 2015
This pix shows that being shoeless in those days doesnt mean you are poor.

Also, wearing an oversized ill-fitting suit doesn't mean you are clueless.

It is what you have to offer that matters.

All indian trips doesn't mean jazz.... the mumu that made the jazz comment should note.

I pray God bless us with more visionary leaders in this nation..... The clueless one is definitely below par.

1 Like

Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Feb 09, 2015
kettykin:

The soul of a man that committed treasonable felony twice in his life time, a man who suggested that hunger be used as a weapon to fight the civil war even when Britain, Soviet Union and Egypt supplied armoury to the Nigerian army.
A serial contester of elections and a serial looser.

Stop reading the books written by your bigoted progenitors; one sided stories. It makes you sound like an halfwit in the community of intellectuals.

However, let me quickly correct that assertion of Biafra not being supported by any country in their war against Nigeria state; you were well supported by these following countries: France, Israel, Portugal, South Africa, Tanzania, Gabon, Ivory Coast, Haiti, Zambia, and of course Rhodesia but due to arrogance of Ojukwu, the war was lost. Check the civil war video on YouTube and you ll see white mercenaries working and assisting Biafra soldiers in killing innocent Nigerians

You called that man a serial Loser, isn't it? Pathetic to say the least!!! Is it not better to be in opposition party than to be deputised by common school certificate holders and teaching certificate holder? It ll be a shame for someone like Chief Awolowo and the entire well educated Yoruba nation at large to accept the position of deputy position which were occupied by Nnamdi Azikiwe and Alex Ekwueme in second republic.

Shame on you and your useless progenitors who asked for war but expected their enemies to feed them. Who does that? In a war, anything could be used to win a war; America nuked Hiroshima and Nagasaki and over 600,000 people perished at a go in both cities. Remember that the nuke response was as a result of Japan attack on Pearl Harbour which shouldn't have resulted to Nuke attack but America felt that was the appropriate response to the war at that point in time and America won.

Germany attacked Soviet Union despite the good relationship btw Stalin and Adolf Hitler and Hitler killed millions of Russia with thousands of Tankers on their way to Kremlin in which was few metres away from Germany Army when intervention came....... But take a look at both countries today, engaging in business and trading together without drooling over each other abt how many children that were killed as a result of the tactics applied in winning the war

Take a look at how Serbians attacked,raped,maimed and killed millions of Bosnians but they are both doing amazingly well together today without drooling over each other about the tactics used in winning the unpopular war.

Out of here before I spit fire on your staphylococcus stricken groans, fool.

6 Likes

Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) by Oiselenjakhian(m): 12:28pm On Feb 09, 2015
Hello I am a web developer. My personal website is http://trustondevcenary.com please visit my site and fill the contact form if you want a website.
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) by DBlackCeazer(m): 12:29pm On Feb 09, 2015
wow!,Jonathan truly had no shoes back then.
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) by Ghadafy(m): 12:30pm On Feb 09, 2015
Vicotex:
Awolowo running india to collect Jaz.
Yoruba ppl with jaz.

#till 2019 - GEJ

1 Like

Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) by mysyto(m): 12:36pm On Feb 09, 2015
Vicotex:
Awolowo running india to collect Jaz.
Yoruba ppl with jaz.

#till 2019 - GEJ
you are nitwit bro wink wink wink wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) by Vicotex(m): 12:37pm On Feb 09, 2015
Ghadafy:

hope u don see your doc this morning

Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) by Vicotex(m): 12:42pm On Feb 09, 2015
mysyto:
you are nitwit bro wink wink wink wink wink wink

bushdoc9919:

Political drinkards.....sigh.

Grow up...the lot of you.
Na thesame school you and buhari attend?
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) by fyneboi79(m): 12:48pm On Feb 09, 2015
frodobee:
Nice.
Pls someone tell that brother above to stop linking an illiterate like me to a scholar Buhari, we are two worlds apart atleast in literacy and love for education.
I think I saw a shoeless boy in the pic. Who knows it might be the shoeless,clueless boy Gej now messing up our economy.#frodobeeissofvckedindhead .
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) by Duplik8t77(m): 12:51pm On Feb 09, 2015
Greatest Awo!!!!!!

plus

did they trek to d India ni??
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) by Lakayanah: 1:03pm On Feb 09, 2015
Sharon6:
Good old days. When 1naira was equal to 1dollar. Now we all know the rest.

GET RID OF STRETCH MARKS!!! CHECK MY SIGNATURE!!!
Professional liar there was no naira in 1952.
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) by NovusHomo(m): 1:14pm On Feb 09, 2015
Zonacom:

That was Segun Awolowo, the Chief's first son. A lawyer in his own right, he died in an auto accident in the early 60s. He was the father of the living Segun Awolowo who held some position in the civilian administration of President Obasanjo.
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) by toyoutoyou: 1:15pm On Feb 09, 2015
It was the best thg that ever happened in the history of Nigeria.
kettykin:

The soul of a man that committed treasonable felony twice in his life time, a man who suggested that hunger be used as a weapon to fight the civil war even when Britain, Soviet Union and Egypt supplied armoury to the Nigerian army.
A serial contester of elections and a serial looser.

Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) by festusfeezy(m): 1:19pm On Feb 09, 2015
what a lovely memory lane, i wonder how chief obafemi awolowo will be feeling about d politics of a nation he left behind, God bless GEJ God bless GMB n God bless Nija
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 09, 2015
Sharon6:
Good old days. When 1naira was equal to 1dollar. Now we all know the rest.

[s]GET RID OF STRETCH MARKS!!! CHECK MY SIGNATURE!!!
[/s] angry
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) by kettykin: 1:46pm On Feb 09, 2015
FolarinLondon:

Stop reading the books written by your bigoted progenitors; one sided stories. It makes you sound like an halfwit in the community of intellectuals.

However, let me quickly correct that assertion of Biafra not being supported by any country in their war against Nigeria state; you were well supported by these following countries: France, Israel, Portugal, South Africa, Tanzania, Gabon, Ivory Coast, Haiti, Zambia, and of course Rhodesia but due to arrogance of Ojukwu, the war was lost. Check the civil war video on YouTube and you ll see white mercenaries working and assisting Biafra soldiers in killing innocent Nigerians

You called that man a serial Loser, isn't it? Pathetic to say the least!!! Is it not better to be in opposition party than to be deputised by common school certificate holders and teaching certificate holder? It ll be a shame for someone like Chief Awolowo and the entire well educated Yoruba nation at large to accept the position of deputy position which were occupied by Nnamdi Azikiwe and Alex Ekwueme in second republic.

Shame on you and your useless progenitors who asked for war but expected their enemies to feed them. Who does that? In a war, anything could be used to win a war; America nuked Hiroshima and Nagasaki and over 600,000 people perished at a go in both cities. Remember that the nuke response was as a result of Japan attack on Pearl Harbour which shouldn't have resulted to Nuke attack but America felt that was the appropriate response to the war at that point in time and America won.

Germany attacked Soviet Union despite the good relationship btw Stalin and Adolf Hitler and Hitler killed millions of Russia with thousands of Tankers on their way to Kremlin in which was few metres away from Germany Army when intervention came....... But take a look at both countries today, engaging in business and trading together without drooling over each other abt how many children that were killed as a result of the tactics applied in winning the war

Take a look at how Serbians attacked,raped,maimed and killed millions of Bosnians but they are both doing amazingly well together today without drooling over each other about the tactics used in winning the unpopular war.

Out of here before I spit fire on your staphylococcus stricken groans, fool.

I am taking about the man that was imprisoned for treason only for coupist to release him and the next day he is joining the same northern government that imprisoned him as a minister for finance.
The inventor of the 20 pounds policy and indigenisation decree that for a few seconds made yorubas entrepreneurs and investors and 30 years down the line 90% of the factories either folded up or had investors running for their lives.

The man that brought carpet crossing into Nigerian political life.

The man whose politics was centered around double crossing igbo race.

The man whose free education brought half baked graduates that wrecked the worst damage on the Nigerian economy with failed projects like the Nigerian airways, ajaokuta steel, Nigeria shipping line, oshogbo steel, Nitel, mtel, Nepa all killed by the products of awolowos free and watered down education.
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) by kettykin: 1:47pm On Feb 09, 2015
customized19:
[s][/s]

Go look for your father's unmarked grave and ask him to tell you the truth about you. Dirty tribalist

I see you have nothing meaningful to offer
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) by kettykin: 1:55pm On Feb 09, 2015
omonla555:
A useless Ibo that will be defaeted the second time again

Defeated indeed, I only need to remind you of how Abacha single handedly silenced the whole yorubas
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) by annurhaske(m): 2:05pm On Feb 09, 2015
#march4buhari

Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) by customized19: 2:07pm On Feb 09, 2015
[s]
kettykin:

I see you have nothing meaningful to offer
[/s]

You are a bitter yeeeeboe fool. A cursed tribalist from a cursed family.
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) by visalo: 2:10pm On Feb 09, 2015
siegfried99:

Are u ok?

No you are abnormal
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) by kettykin: 2:11pm On Feb 09, 2015
customized19:
[s][/s]

You are a bitter yeeeeboe fool. A cursed tribalist from a cursed family.

How wise of you, who should be bitter between the two of us.
Sometimes I wonder if you really hate igbo race why are you going around ensuring that the country remain United
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 09, 2015
kettykin:

I am taking about the man that was imprisoned for treason only for coupist to release him and the next day he is joining the same northern government that imprisoned him as a minister for finance.
The inventor of the 20 pounds policy and indigenisation decree that for a few seconds made yorubas entrepreneurs and investors and 30 years down the line 90% of the factories either folded up or had investors running for their lives.

The man that brought carpet crossing into Nigerian political life.

The man whose politics was centered around double crossing igbo race.

The man whose free education brought half baked graduates that wrecked the worst damage on the Nigerian economy with failed projects like the Nigerian airways, ajaokuta steel, Nigeria shipping line, oshogbo steel, Nitel, mtel, Nepa all killed by the products of awolowos free and watered down education.

Awww!!!!! The whole write up has sold u out cheaply as an halfwit, I ll let you die in your ignorance.....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Compares Petrol Prices In Ghana And Nigeria / Governor Ambode's Achievements In Pictures [photos] / Court Sacks Alex Otti, Assembly Candidates In Kano/Abia, Apapa Faction Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.