Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Any Hope For Cockerels? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Any Hope For Cockerels? (3883 Views)

My Experience With Pic So Far In Poultry Farming (broilers & Cockerels) / We Buy Old Layers, Mature Cockerels And Broiler Of Any Quantity / Lands For Sale In The South East????? any hope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Hope For Cockerels? by kay29000(m): 12:40pm On Feb 09, 2015
I know Broilers grow faster and have more weight, but is their any hope for people like me that prefer rearing white cockerels? They are easier for me to rear to maturity with very little mortality rate. I just want to know the best way to sell them off when they weigh 2.0-2.2kg.
Re: Any Hope For Cockerels? by knowledge4(m): 10:04pm On Apr 13, 2015
Comprehensive poultry education, visit 1st signature
Re: Any Hope For Cockerels? by Ura: 10:09pm On Apr 13, 2015
Yes o. All my mai suya customers prefer cockerels to broilers and many of my restaurant customers too. I is eateries and that go for broilers more. Free marketing tip huh? shocked

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Cockerels? by kay29000(m): 11:59pm On Apr 13, 2015
Ura:
Yes o. All my mai suya customers prefer cockerels to broilers and many of my restaurant customers too. I is eateries and that go for broilers more. Free marketing tip huh? shocked

Pls, tell me more. How do you sell it to them...do you sell it live, or processed? Thank you.
Re: Any Hope For Cockerels? by Ura: 4:49am On Apr 14, 2015
kay29000:

Pls, tell me more. How do you sell it to them...do you sell it live, or processed? Thank you.

I sell cockerels live.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Cockerels? by kay29000(m): 9:15am On Apr 14, 2015
Ura:

I sell cockerels live.
Okay. For ow much and what part of Nigeria do you stay? Thank you.
Re: Any Hope For Cockerels? by Ura: 9:23am On Apr 14, 2015
kay29000:

Okay. For ow much and what part of Nigeria do you stay? Thank you.

Goes for between 1 and 2k. But if it is like festive season, price is higher than that. Many people like it. I am in Kogi state.
Re: Any Hope For Cockerels? by kay29000(m): 9:53am On Apr 14, 2015
Ura:

Goes for between 1 and 2k. But if it is like festive season, price is higher than that. Many people like it. I am in Kogi state.

Thank u.
Re: Any Hope For Cockerels? by Ura: 10:25am On Apr 14, 2015
kay29000:

Thank u.

You are welcome. I hope the information was helpful.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Cockerels? by kay29000(m): 2:31pm On Apr 14, 2015
Ura:

You are welcome. I hope the information was helpful.

Yes, it was. One more question...How long do your cockerels take to grow to maturity from Day Old? And do you keep them caged up throughout, or you let them roam about at a certain point?
Re: Any Hope For Cockerels? by Ura: 9:26pm On Apr 16, 2015
kay29000:

Yes, it was. One more question...How long do your cockerels take to grow to maturity from Day Old? And do you keep them caged up throughout, or you let them roam about at a certain point?

I thought I had replied you. It takes 6 - 8 months and from about 3-4 months I have to release them within a demarcated area. I keep food there so they hardly stray far except if they see a hen nearby then they try to follow. If you keep them caged up throughout, they will fight incessantly.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Cockerels? by kay29000(m): 10:49pm On Apr 16, 2015
Ura:

I thought I had replied you. It takes 6 - 8 months and from about 3-4 months I have to release them within a demarcated area. I keep food there so they hardly stray far except if they see a hen nearby then they try to follow. If you keep them caged up throughout, they will fight incessantly.

Ok. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Ornamental; Plants, Trees And Flowers Available / Finally Started My Poultry Business / Get Good Garri Ijebu Directly From The Producer/processor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.