Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Lands For Sale In The South East????? any hope - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Lands For Sale In The South East????? any hope (2792 Views)

Obiano Commissions Largest Poultry In The South East (photos) / Carrot Farming.. From The South West.. / Strange Bird From Germany Lands In Kebbi Fisherman’s Net - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lands For Sale In The South East????? any hope by obstead200(m): 9:59am On Mar 28, 2015
I only mean to ask a question.
How come nobody in eastern Nigeria is ever interested in offering agricultural land for sale? Except u are ready to pay cut throat prices starting from N300,000 a plot even in d most remote villages?

Does dat mean d entire land in d southeast has been fully utilised for agriculture or does it imply dat dia is shortage of land in d region?

D issue tire me ooo
Re: Lands For Sale In The South East????? any hope by whirlwind7(m): 1:06pm On Sep 24, 2015
obstead200:
I only mean to ask a question.
How come nobody in eastern Nigeria is ever interested in offering agricultural land for sale? Except u are ready to pay cut throat prices starting from N300,000 a plot even in d most remote villages?

Does dat mean d entire land in d southeast has been fully utilised for agriculture or does it imply dat dia is shortage of land in d region?

D issue tire me ooo

Brother.
I am absolutely feeling you on this issue. Lands in southeast are horribly expensive. One can purchase an acre of farmland in the southwest for less than 100k, while in the east, getting a single plot at 300k is even a giveaway price.
I have been trying to buy lands around Owerri for some time. The cheapest I got so far was about 350k. If you want lands closer to town (much less than 30 mins) then you would have to fork out a minimum of 500k to 600k per plot.
Places in Imo where farmlands are cheapest is around Ohaji Egbema.

With such price disparity, I really envy farmers based in the southwest. Only way to make up for the fewer available lands for farming in the southeast is to embrace smart and innovative techniques of crops and animal production, which would require less space. Moreover, have it in mind when constructing fish ponds, to make it the kind of structure that could give way to future developments building construction. Thus, you will really have to give it a serious thought before you construct earthen ponds on such lands.
Re: Lands For Sale In The South East????? any hope by Pavore9: 3:00pm On Sep 24, 2015
The bitter truth is that South East is the smallest region in Nigeria in terms of landmass as the entire five states that comprises it is just about the size of only Kogi state! There lies the issue regarding the high cost of land acquisition there!
Re: Lands For Sale In The South East????? any hope by obstead200(m): 3:39pm On Sep 24, 2015
Pavore9:
The bitter truth is that South East is the smallest region in Nigeria in terms of landmass as the entire five states that comprises it is just about the size of only Kogi state! There lies the issue regarding the high cost of land acquisition there!
I get ur point. Biafra fit get serious food shortages if it comes to that
Re: Lands For Sale In The South East????? any hope by obstead200(m): 3:43pm On Sep 24, 2015
whirlwind7:

Brother.
I am absolutely feeling you on this issue. Lands in southeast are horribly expensive. One can purchase an acre of farmland in the southwest for less than 100k, while in the east, getting a single plot at 300k is even a giveaway price.
I have been trying to buy lands around Owerri for some time. The cheapest I got so far was about 350k. If you want lands closer to town (much less than 30 mins) then you would have to fork out a minimum of 500k to 600k per plot.
Places in Imo where farmlands are cheapest is around Ohaji Egbema.

With such price disparity, I really envy farmers based in the southwest. Only way to make up for the fewer available lands for farming in the southeast is to embrace smart and innovative techniques of crops and animal production, which would require less space. Moreover, have it in mind when constructing fish ponds, to make it the kind of structure that could give way to future developments building construction. Thus, you will really have to give it a serious thought before you construct earthen ponds on such lands.
abeg how much is land in ohaji egbema? I am making attempts to acquire land in mgbidi oru-west for some time now. I was pricing 120k per plot (about 30plots is up for sale). One politician from nowhere like that asked d sellers to keep the land for him. That he is gonna pay 160k. Na wa ooo
Re: Lands For Sale In The South East????? any hope by whirlwind7(m): 8:03pm On Sep 24, 2015
obstead200:
abeg how much is land in ohaji egbema? I am making attempts to acquire land in mgbidi oru-west for some time now. I was pricing 120k per plot (about 30plots is up for sale). One politician from nowhere like that asked d sellers to keep the land for him. That he is gonna pay 160k. Na wa ooo

The area i'm trying to get a few plots in Ohaji is after Imo state poly. An agrarian community called Mbirichi. I'm told that plots go for about N300k to N400k, depending on the position. Of course, for agricultural land, that price is still high. If you do get plots for about N150k, it is a bargain, especially if there is motor-able access roads leading to it.

The one in Mgbidi you mentioned is very good at that price, if you can get it. Try to contact different agents who can give you information on available cheap farmlands. I am not around, so my cousin is the one scouting for me. I am praying I can get plots not up to 200k per. I will be very much obliged if you can help me with information regarding cheap lands once you are able to acquire some.
Re: Lands For Sale In The South East????? any hope by Baroba(m): 4:07am On Sep 25, 2015
Pavore9:

You nailed it bro, though you have to admit, our people are more interested in building houses, hostels and hotels than large scale agriculture. Its a struggle to see even small patches of vegetation these days in Enugu.. Buildings everywhere, the villages are not left out either.
Re: Lands For Sale In The South East????? any hope by obstead200(m): 12:54pm On Sep 25, 2015
whirlwind7:

The area i'm trying to get a few plots in Ohaji is after Imo state poly. An agrarian community called Mbirichi. I'm told that plots go for about N300k to N400k, depending on the position. Of course, for agricultural land, that price is still high. If you do get plots for about N150k, it is a bargain, especially if there is motor-able access roads leading to it.

The one in Mgbidi you mentioned is very good at that price, if you can get it. Try to contact different agents who can give you information on available cheap farmlands. I am not around, so my cousin is the one scouting for me. I am praying I can get plots not up to 200k per. I will be very much obliged if you can help me with information regarding cheap lands once you are able to acquire some.
no problem. I will give u info. In fact I was informed that d politician is yet to pay up till dis moment. But the sellers are still holding out
Re: Lands For Sale In The South East????? any hope by whirlwind7(m): 1:17pm On Sep 25, 2015
obstead200:
no problem. I will give u info. In fact I was informed that d politician is yet to pay up till dis moment. But the sellers are still holding out

Thanks bro.
Re: Lands For Sale In The South East????? any hope by Blackkie: 12:11am On Sep 27, 2015
Ohaji-Egbema is within the state capital territory - but why are you limiting yourself in Owerri axis? Are you not aware that Imo state is the most expensive capital city in Igboland?

I think your contact persons may not have vast knowledge about Imo state. Off Owerri Airport Road about 5km inside, that a town that shares boundary with Rivers state, my school mate bought 25plots of land for N500k two years ago. I also know that Imo River basin has a large expanse of land for lease to farmers at a friendly price.

Do you know Uzo-Uwani and Nike both in Enugu state? 3 years ago when i did a consulting job for a firm, we got quotation of land for less than 50k a plot.

In Anambra state, Anambra north senatorial zone has lots of empty kilometers of land where investors are can get as many acres as they desire.
There are lots of cheap land to buy as more questions if you are not limiting yourself to Owerri axis. Mail - phortizoltd@yahoo.com
Re: Lands For Sale In The South East????? any hope by whirlwind7(m): 2:38pm On Sep 27, 2015
Blackkie:
Ohaji-Egbema is within the state capital territory - but why are you limiting yourself in Owerri axis? Are you not aware that Imo state is the most expensive capital city in Igboland?

I think your contact persons may not have vast knowledge about Imo state. Off Owerri Airport Road about 5km inside, that a town that shares boundary with Rivers state, my school mate bought 25plots of land for N500k two years ago. I also know that Imo River basin has a large expanse of land for lease to farmers at a friendly price.

Do you know Uzo-Uwani and Nike both in Enugu state? 3 years ago when i did a consulting job for a firm, we got quotation of land for less than 50k a plot.

In Anambra state, Anambra north senatorial zone has lots of empty kilometers of land where investors are can get as many acres as they desire.
There are lots of cheap land to buy as more questions if you are not limiting yourself to Owerri axis. Mail - phortizoltd@yahoo.com

Bro, I think it would be expedient if you post the currently available lands you know about here. All the instances you mentioned were transactions of 2 to 3 years ago. Perhaps you are a property agent/consultant. It costs nothing to give an indication of location and price of the available lands that you know of, after which anyone who is interested could contact you.
So long as it's within the southeast, i'm game.
Re: Lands For Sale In The South East????? any hope by obstead200(m): 12:04pm On Oct 13, 2015
whirlwind7:

Thanks bro.
Back to our discussion. I was asked to come and take the land at my offer price of N120k a plot. It is over 40 plots in all. the land in question is in mgbidi, oru-west LGA. It is actually a family (or a kindred) land belonging to my very large extended family. Reason for sale is to raise funds to finance an ongoing courtcase concerning an even larger piece of land (about 300 plots) for which they are sure to win, having actually won the case in high court but now facing an appeal to the supreme court. If u are interested quote my post and send me ur mail address so that I can mail u and give u my phone number. I dont fancy placing my number in a public forum.
Re: Lands For Sale In The South East????? any hope by whirlwind7(m): 1:16pm On Oct 19, 2015
obstead200:
Back to our discussion. I was asked to come and take the land at my offer price of N120k a plot. It is over 40 plots in all. the land in question is in mgbidi, oru-west LGA. It is actually a family (or a kindred) land belonging to my very large extended family. Reason for sale is to raise funds to finance an ongoing courtcase concerning an even larger piece of land (about 300 plots) for which they are sure to win, having actually won the case in high court but now facing an appeal to the supreme court. If u are interested quote my post and send me ur mail address so that I can mail u and give u my phone number. I dont fancy placing my number in a public forum.

Check your mail, bro.
Re: Lands For Sale In The South East????? any hope by obstead200(m): 1:38pm On Oct 19, 2015
whirlwind7:

Check your mail, bro.
i have checked my mail. And I just replied u And gave u my number. Check ur mail.
Re: Lands For Sale In The South East????? any hope by whirlwind7(m): 4:56pm On Oct 19, 2015
obstead200:
i have checked my mail. And I just replied u And gave u my number. Check ur mail.

Thanks. Been trying to open the mail since then. Having problem with it. Can you resend it, please?

(1) (Reply)

Durable Mobile Tarpaulin Ponds For Sale (MORE PICTURES/PRICE UPDATES) / How I Started Maikarto Farm / Feasibility Report For Cassava Processing Subsidised By ACF Now N12,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.