Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,359 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

An Extra Year In School. How Did You Cope? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An Extra Year In School. How Did You Cope? (4680 Views)

Am Having An Extra Year In School I Feel Like A Failure Now. / How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School / 10 Things You Should Do Before Your Final Year In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Extra Year In School. How Did You Cope? by Misblah(f): 2:06pm On Feb 09, 2015
This is for Nairalanders out there that had/are having an extra year in the university. How did you cope with the shame and out-of-this-world embarrassment of resitting a class, seeing your former classmates doing their clearance while you rush to class *again!*, and most importantly...your folks/guardians! how did you break the news? nd how did you cope with their reaction?
To all those that graduated with a 3.5 and above cgpa...did you read for at least 8hours and not miss even a single class? How do people get straight As? Please no insults, had enough to last a lifetime. cry
Re: An Extra Year In School. How Did You Cope? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 09, 2015
Truth is, it's not usually easy. I had friends in school who experienced such and I really felt for them. But you don't have to compare yourself with others. I believe every individual is gifted with different aptitudes. For some it could be letters, for some numbers, for some practical works, for some music and it goes on like that. The point is, you shouldn't let your failures determine your future. If you 'fall', stand up and don't be embarrassed by it. You are not the first and would not be the last...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Extra Year In School. How Did You Cope? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 09, 2015
No biggie..

Just see as normal setbacks in life..

Thank God,higher institution no be like secondary school,that the class repeat will be known by all..

You can only appear during the exams,and have a paddy to notify when there's a test to be written..

1 Like

Re: An Extra Year In School. How Did You Cope? by ayogabriel(m): 4:28pm On Feb 09, 2015
Mine was a private school, I was suspended for a semester that's an extra year, well I didn't let anyone at home even uptill now, when I was meant to graduate I just pretended I was sick, and couldn't write 2 papers, I lied I will not pay for the extra semester, because if I was to pay, I know my pman, straight to school. I paid the extra year fees my self, it was just God. I coped well, I even turned out to be one of the best student in class, I didn't miss my extra year classes, tests, I did well, group assignment I was always chosen as the group leader. I am a shy person naturally, but I didn't even know how I did it, but I did well, I didn't see it an obstacle rather it was an opportunity for me to be a better person. Ohh!! I was caught cheating during exam.

5 Likes

Re: An Extra Year In School. How Did You Cope? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 09, 2015
It can really be painful and annoying having to spend an extra year in school when most of your mates have graduated.
I know how you must be feeling but if there is anything life has taught me, it is the fact that there are always advantages in disadvantages. The problem rests in your ability to see those advantages.

I believe you are an intelligent and strong willed young lady. You can definitely scale through if you just believe.
You should not see this as a setback but as an opportunity to develop yourself more.

That's just my 50cents, I hope I was of help
smiley

2 Likes

Re: An Extra Year In School. How Did You Cope? by Misblah(f): 5:05pm On Feb 09, 2015
ayogabriel:
Mine was a private school, I was suspended for a semester that's an extra year, well I didn't let anyone at home even uptill now, when I was meant to graduate I just pretended I was sick, and couldn't write 2 papers, I lied I will not pay for the extra semester, because if I was to pay, I know my pman, straight to school. I paid the extra year fees my self, it was just God. I coped well, I even turned out to be one of the best student in class, I didn't miss my extra year classes, tests, I did well, group assignment I was always chosen as the group leader. I am a shy person naturally, but I didn't even know how I did it, but I did well, I didn't see it an obstacle rather it was an opportunity for me to be a better person. Ohh!! I was caught cheating during exam.
wow thanks man, your story touched me
Re: An Extra Year In School. How Did You Cope? by Acidosis(m): 7:16pm On Feb 09, 2015
What's your course of study? @Misblah
Re: An Extra Year In School. How Did You Cope? by Misblah(f): 7:18pm On Feb 09, 2015
Acidosis:
What's your course of study? @Misblah
English and Literature. why?
Re: An Extra Year In School. How Did You Cope? by masties2(f): 7:50pm On Feb 09, 2015
When I was in 100 level some of the best friends i had were spill over students. They touched my life positively n i had my best time in the university with them. A cousin of mine was spilling too n introduced me to them.
Just make the best of the situation. Join a study group, it helps. Take ur time to understand what u read n live one day at a time. Cheers

3 Likes

Re: An Extra Year In School. How Did You Cope? by Acidosis(m): 9:17pm On Feb 09, 2015
Misblah:
English and Literature. why?
...trying to know more about you

1 Like

Re: An Extra Year In School. How Did You Cope? by Odunharry(m): 9:27pm On Feb 09, 2015
na wah o..whch one be shame and out of the world embarrassment?
No be everybdy make get spillover be Olodo.
Re: An Extra Year In School. How Did You Cope? by Misblah(f): 9:32pm On Feb 09, 2015
Acidosis:

...trying to know more about you
owkies. no wahala.

(1) (Reply)

Name The Books You Have Read That Change Your Orientation About Life / UNILORIN Admission List: Did You Find Your Name? / The Difference Between Plebiscite And Referendum In Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.