Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,878 members, 7,844,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

United Nations Asks INEC To Start Rapid PVC Distribution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / United Nations Asks INEC To Start Rapid PVC Distribution (992 Views)

Tribunal Sacks Imo PDP Senator, Achonu, Asks INEC To Conduct Fresh Election / Current 43million PVC Distribution Analysis And Figures For 36 States / Group Asks INEC, Army For Information On Buhari's Qualification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

United Nations Asks INEC To Start Rapid PVC Distribution by sucess001(m): 5:03pm On Feb 09, 2015
United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, has asked INEC to take advantage of the shift in polls to embark on rapid distribution of the remaining Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs) to all registered voters.

This was contained in a statement from the Secretary-General on Sunday in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on the postponement of Nigeria’s elections, initially scheduled for Feb. 14 and 28.

The statement was made available to NAN by Oluseyi Soremekun, National Information Officer, UN Information Centre in Nigeria.

Ban, in the statement, pointed out that the rapid distribution of PVCs to all eligible voters was imperative to ensure credible polls.

He urged “the electoral authority to take all necessary measures, such as the rapid distribution of the remaining PVCs, to enable all eligible voters, including those displaced, to exercise their right to vote in a timely manner.

“This is imperative for ensuring a credible, free and transparent election,” the statement said.

The statement also said that the UN scribe had spoken in a telephone conversation with President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday over the postponement of the election, and also to Gen Muhammadu Buhari (rtd).

He had encouraged both Jonathan and opposition candidate Buhari to respect the Abuja Accord they adopted and which commits them to non-violence, peace and tolerance during the elections.

“He looks up to Nigeria’s authorities to uphold their commitment to ensure a violence-free election and put in place adequate security measures, so that citizens across the country are able to exercise their civic duty safely and without fear,” the statement added.

The secretary-general expressed the hope that the forthcoming elections would meet the high expectations of the Nigerian people and the international community.

“The successful conduct of these polls would strengthen Nigeria’s democracy and enable the country to continue to play a leading role in the promotion of regional peace and security,” Ban said.

http://www.mangrovereporters.com/index.php/general-news/item/7294-poll-shift-ban-ki-moon-asks-inec-to-start-rapid-pvc-distribution

1 Like

Re: United Nations Asks INEC To Start Rapid PVC Distribution by Kennywills7(m): 5:04pm On Feb 09, 2015
I hope inec will listen

4 Likes

Re: United Nations Asks INEC To Start Rapid PVC Distribution by Switpal(m): 5:05pm On Feb 09, 2015
GEJ we knw.

3 Likes

Re: United Nations Asks INEC To Start Rapid PVC Distribution by sucess001(m): 5:06pm On Feb 09, 2015
Kennywills7:
I hope inec will listen

inec is not the problem...its the governement...
Re: United Nations Asks INEC To Start Rapid PVC Distribution by FastShipping: 5:08pm On Feb 09, 2015
sucess001:

As a matter of fact, federal government has refused to release 8 Billion Naira due to INEC since December. Government interference and sabotage is the problem.
Re: United Nations Asks INEC To Start Rapid PVC Distribution by Crocz(m): 5:09pm On Feb 09, 2015
PVCs are available at individuals' ward...I think INEC is doing a good job. If we can have a 65 - 75 % collection I think it's good enough...there are just so many stubborn Nigerians, who no matter what will still not collect the PVC.

And again there are people who registered in a certain location A in the polls before the last and later move elsewhere (B) to register in the 2011 polls...now he can only collect for location B while for location A adds to the number of people who haven't collected their PVC.

Now to my own prob, I actually lost my temporary voter's card for last election and the as's distributing says he aint gonna give me unless I provide it...now I've added to the number of laggards who haven't collected their PVC
Re: United Nations Asks INEC To Start Rapid PVC Distribution by sucess001(m): 5:11pm On Feb 09, 2015
FastShipping:

As a matter of fact, federal government has refused to release 8 Billion Naira due to INEC since December. Government interference and sabotage is the problem.

gbam! i concur!
Re: United Nations Asks INEC To Start Rapid PVC Distribution by Kennywills7(m): 5:16pm On Feb 09, 2015
sucess001:

Stop blaming d government, we know inec is not ready even though jega is not willing to admit it
Re: United Nations Asks INEC To Start Rapid PVC Distribution by sucess001(m): 5:19pm On Feb 09, 2015
Kennywills7:

Stop blaming d government, we know inec is not ready even though jega is not willing to admit it

how are they not ready?

someone u put in charge of sometin tells u he is ready...u are saying he isnt...inec even gave statistics to show they now have more voters than in 2011...u still argue

Just warn your boss...war is never gud for anyone...there is usually collateral damage o...
Re: United Nations Asks INEC To Start Rapid PVC Distribution by clevvermind(m): 5:23pm On Feb 09, 2015
sucess001:

it is not the government, it is the likes of you that is the problem.

1 Like

Re: United Nations Asks INEC To Start Rapid PVC Distribution by Disclaimer: 5:27pm On Feb 09, 2015
Who listens to United nations? It lost it's relevance. Ask Russia if you doubt me.
Re: United Nations Asks INEC To Start Rapid PVC Distribution by sammyj: 5:28pm On Feb 09, 2015
Re: United Nations Asks INEC To Start Rapid PVC Distribution by Kennywills7(m): 5:30pm On Feb 09, 2015
sucess001:

how are they not ready?

someone u put in charge of sometin tells u he is ready...u are saying he isnt...inec even gave statistics to show they now have more voters than in 2011...u still argue

Just warn your boss...war is never gud for anyone...there is usually collateral damage o...
Are u aware that those dat will b use to conduct d elections are just being train?
Re: United Nations Asks INEC To Start Rapid PVC Distribution by meforyou1(m): 5:30pm On Feb 09, 2015
sucess001:

the govt is d one distributing PVCs? Janjawedeans fish brains
Re: United Nations Asks INEC To Start Rapid PVC Distribution by sucess001(m): 5:43pm On Feb 09, 2015
clevvermind:
it is not the government, it is the likes of you that is the problem.

and who are my likes?
Re: United Nations Asks INEC To Start Rapid PVC Distribution by sucess001(m): 5:44pm On Feb 09, 2015
Kennywills7:

Are u aware that those dat will b use to conduct d elections are just being train?

they have been trained...if u knew the work better dan inec...they would have told u to conduct the elections urself...
Re: United Nations Asks INEC To Start Rapid PVC Distribution by sucess001(m): 5:45pm On Feb 09, 2015
meforyou1:
the govt is d one distributing PVCs? Janjawedeans fish brains

is that the reason ur desperate oga gave for the postponement?
Re: United Nations Asks INEC To Start Rapid PVC Distribution by Kennywills7(m): 5:47pm On Feb 09, 2015
[quote author=sucess001 post=30575271]

they have been trained...if u knew the work better dan inec...they would have told u to conduct the elections urself...[/quote
Brother my bro just went for d training today ok
Stop spreading lies
Re: United Nations Asks INEC To Start Rapid PVC Distribution by tit(f): 5:52pm On Feb 09, 2015
professor jiga is a thief
Re: United Nations Asks INEC To Start Rapid PVC Distribution by sucess001(m): 5:54pm On Feb 09, 2015
[quote author=Kennywills7 post=30575354][/quote]

wat lies are you spreading reno?
Re: United Nations Asks INEC To Start Rapid PVC Distribution by Kennywills7(m): 5:56pm On Feb 09, 2015
sucess001:

wat lies are you spreading reno?
No point answering u since u are on a mission

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Administration Reversed Nigeria's Anti-corruption Gains - TI / Ministerial Nominee Obanikoro Confesses He Was At Ekiti Rigging Meeting / How Russian Arms Are Helping Nigeria Fight Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.