Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,065 members, 7,863,773 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:34 AM

Jonathan Is The 4th Longest Serving President In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is The 4th Longest Serving President In Nigeria (1806 Views)

Nigeria 5 Best Governors Since The 4th Republic (1999-till Date) / Buhari At The 4th Africa-arab Summit In Malabo (Photos) / Which Ethnic Group Is The 4th Largest In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Is The 4th Longest Serving President In Nigeria by bilms(m): 1:14am On Feb 10, 2015
JONATHAN FAILED DESPITE BEING 4TH LONGEST SERVING PRESIDENT IN NIGERIA
Goodluck Jonathan is one of the longest serving presidents in Nigeria.
Out of the 14 presidents or head of states that had ruled Nigeria, Jonathan is the 4th longest serving president. He has ruled for about 5 years, 3 months with absolutely nothing to show except ‘’I will do this, I will do that’’ even after 5 years as president. In 2012 when he removed fuel subsidy, Jonathan said he would build refinery with the money, but today, there is no any refinery, yet the money is no where to be found.
Oga Jona, where is the refinery you promised to build with our fuel subsidy money?
Then again, some so called elites would open their stinking mouth to say, he has only ruled for a short period. Thunder go fire that mouth. Lol..Just kidding
The truth is, I get angry when ever I read anyone saying Jonathan has ruled for a short period, I feel like giving such a person a dirty slap for being a member of the almajiri school of thought. lol
Please, can you explain what you mean by Jonathan ruling for a short period? Only 3 former presidents had rule more than Jonathan In terms of years, how is that a short period?
Abeg oo, it seems I went to almajiri school. If not, I wouldn’t have had any problem understanding that our president, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan despite being the 4th longest serving president had only ruled for a very short period. Just 5 years, 3 months.
The same Jonathan said, If he couldn’t do what he wanted to do in 4 years, even if he had 100years, he wouldn’t be able to do them. So tell me, what would Jonathan achieve in the next 4years when he couldn’t achieve anything in the past 6 years?
Murtala Muhammed ruled for 6 months only, but Nigeria never forgot his good work. In fact, he his being mentioned as Nigeria’s best leader. Buhari ruled for 1 year, 8 months, the world still give reference to the positive impact of his government. The number of years or months they served didn’t stop them from making their mark in governance, but the man who is the 4th longest serving is now referred to as being there for a short period because he has failed woefully and to defend his failure, they say, he has only served for a short period.
Apart from Obasanjo, Yakubu Gowon and IBB, no other presidents had spent more time than Goodluck Jonathan, but so far, Oga Jonathan has not even achieved one quarter of what any of the 3 mentioned above achieved, despite having much more resources. Even though the government of the 3 most serving presidents had some negative aspects, we can still see the impact of their government in many ways, while also condemning the negative sides.
But for Oga Jona, its started from being poor, it became bad and then get worse.
At the moment, the government of this Otuoke man has completely destroyed Nigeria’s economy beyond redemption, foolishly devalued Nigeria’s currency beyond imagination and sinking the nation deeper into the pit of corruption like never before. in his own words, ‘’stealing is not corruption’’.
They say our naira devalue because of the fallen oil price,oya ask them, did our naira appreciated when the oil price boom? Why will naira devalue when oil fall?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is The 4th Longest Serving President In Nigeria by UrennaNkoli(f): 1:17am On Feb 10, 2015
And takes the #1 title for the most useless president to have ever ruled any African country.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is The 4th Longest Serving President In Nigeria by bogolobango(m): 2:06am On Feb 10, 2015
Gej wether u like it or not ur moving back to otueke na sure banker

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is The 4th Longest Serving President In Nigeria by bilms(m): 11:21am On Feb 10, 2015
hum
Re: Jonathan Is The 4th Longest Serving President In Nigeria by bolliejay(m): 11:28am On Feb 10, 2015
bilms:
JONATHAN FAILED DESPITE BEING 4TH LONGEST SERVING PRESIDENT IN NIGERIA
The truth is, I get angry when ever I read anyone saying Jonathan has ruled for a short period, I feel like giving such a person a dirty slap for being a member of the almajiri school of thought. lol
Please, can you explain what you mean by Jonathan ruling for a short period? Only 3 former presidents had rule more than Jonathan In terms of years, how is that a short period?

They say our naira devalue because of the fallen oil price,oya ask them, did our naira appreciated when the oil price boom? Why will naira devalue when oil fall?

Maybe he wanna rule for eternity. Nigerians are wise now. No hiding place for the clueless one after March 28th.

Sai Buhari
Re: Jonathan Is The 4th Longest Serving President In Nigeria by ngoziiwenofu1: 12:01pm On Feb 10, 2015
It seems you are not in Nigeria? Please meet the people resident in Nigeria to show you the good works of Jonathan. GEJ has done more than enough for Nigerians, only an ingrate will be talking like these and that's what you are.

Re: Jonathan Is The 4th Longest Serving President In Nigeria by ochejoseph(m): 12:02pm On Feb 10, 2015
GEJ

Revived Our comatose rails System bringing the Kano - Lagos Line which was dead for close to 20 years to Life , he also introduced the air-conditioned trains, as well as the High speed Abuja -Kaduna speed rail that will be commissioned soon!

In one fell swoop Jonathan also constructed 12 Brand New Universities sweeping many of our brothers and sisters into degree programmes in super equipped universities

GEJ gave the South easterners ( the most business minded ethnic group ) their first International Airport after 60 years!

GEJ gave the the 19 million Almajiri's in Nigeria a new Hope of a Better future under the Almajiri schools

Under GEJ our food import bill has crashed by over 70 % because young Nigerians have seen the light in rice farming and processing

Under GEJ our airport have been remodelled to befit our new status

Under GEJ the fertiliser and ghost workers Cabal have been silenced by the adoption of information Technology

Under GEJ an Igbo man is today the Biggest local car manufacturer in Nigeria

Under GEJ toyota that has previously sworn that it will not come to Naija is presently begging to follow the foot steps of Nissan Kia and many others

Under GEJ the armed forces manufactured APC, Drones and attack ships

Under GEJ youth got Youwin grant of 10 million to set up business

Buhari represents the Past Vote GEJ to sustain development

God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is The 4th Longest Serving President In Nigeria by millhouse: 4:00pm On Feb 10, 2015
yuuoooewaa
Re: Jonathan Is The 4th Longest Serving President In Nigeria by bilms(m): 4:47pm On Feb 11, 2015
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari / S’West Govs Okay Lagos As Odu’a Member / Open Letter To Gov. Fayose By PDP Member.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.