Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,462 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari (1787 Views)

Adesina In Handshake With King Of Saudi Arabia(pic) / Iweala, Dangote,Fayemi Adesina In Abidjan Today For AFDB Boss, Adeshina (Photos) / Buhari With His Media Aide, Femi Adesina, In A Lighter Mood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari by Decibel: 5:55am On Oct 16, 2015
Former President Goodluck Jonathan’s Adviser on Media, Reuben Abati, has dismissed the widespread view that the former president lost the last election because of incompetence and cluelessness.
Mr. Abati said in his first major interview in the October/November edition of The Interview out next week, that Mr. Jonathan was, “a victim of power game” and the vicious propaganda of the opposition.
“All they could focus on,” he said, “was trying to discredit the president. They called him clueless, they said he was incompetent, they said he was a drunkard!”
In a separate interview also featured in the coming edition of The Interview, Femi Adesina, the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to President Muhammadu Buhari, expressed a different view.
Mr. Adesina said he knew Mr. Jonathan would lose and was not surprised when it happened. “If Jonathan had won the election,” he said, “Nigeria would have shut down.” The government, he said, had run out of steam.
Mr. Abati spoke on the last days of Mr. Jonathan in Aso Rock; his own controversial retraction of the article against Mr. Buhari; the attitude of moneybags who abandoned Jonathan in his moment of need, his relationship with former First Lady, Patience Jonathan, and his love-hate drama with many of his passionate fans.
Mr. Adesina was no less forthright. He spoke on Mr. Buhari’s style, the war on corruption and Boko Haram, the CBN’s policy of defending the naira, and his relationship with the president.
The edition, which its publishers say will leave readers on the edge of their chairs, also contains interviews with the incoming vice chancellor of the University of Ibadan, Professor Abel Olayinka; a conversation with Corps Marshal Boboye Oyeyemi; and an insight by social entrepreneur, Chude Jideonwo on how Red Media Africa ran Mr. Buhari’s election campaign.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/191561-reuben-abati-femi-adesina-in-war-of-words-over-jonathan-buhari.html
Re: Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari by thebestonearth(m): 5:56am On Oct 16, 2015
ok i have seen. what next smiley?
Re: Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari by IykeChukz(m): 6:02am On Oct 16, 2015
Cannot grab anything...

Which war please?

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari by 48noble(m): 6:02am On Oct 16, 2015
Femi is a learner

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari by HungerBAD: 6:03am On Oct 16, 2015
Abati? I am trying to remember exactly when I lost respect for that man.

If he had done his Job properly, and sold his boss to the public well. I am sure we would have had a hard time taking Aso Rock.

Still don't know why he is still trying to be relevant. He, should first of all go and beg Kayode Ajala, for being ungrateful to the man that brought him out from nowhere in Abeokuta, to where he is today.

Then he should go to the School of A.Y the comedian, and learn how to package himself.

Abati should just shut up. We have Fayose the Clown entertaining us already.

2 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari by sunnyb0b0(m): 6:05am On Oct 16, 2015
Decibel:
Former President Goodluck Jonathan’s Adviser on Media, Reuben Abati, has dismissed the widespread view that the former president lost the last election because of incompetence and cluelessness.
Mr. Abati said in his first major interview in the October/November edition of The Interview out next week, that Mr. Jonathan was, “a victim of power game” and the vicious propaganda of the opposition.
“All they could focus on,” he said, “was trying to discredit the president. They called him clueless, they said he was incompetent, they said he was a drunkard!”
In a separate interview also featured in the coming edition of The Interview, Femi Adesina, the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to President Muhammadu Buhari, expressed a different view.
Mr. Adesina said he knew Mr. Jonathan would lose and was not surprised when it happened. “If Jonathan had won the election,” he said, “Nigeria would have shut down.” The government, he said, had run out of steam.
Mr. Abati spoke on the last days of Mr. Jonathan in Aso Rock; his own controversial retraction of the article against Mr. Buhari; the attitude of moneybags who abandoned Jonathan in his moment of need, his relationship with former First Lady, Patience Jonathan, and his love-hate drama with many of his passionate fans.
Mr. Adesina was no less forthright. He spoke on Mr. Buhari’s style, the war on corruption and Boko Haram, the CBN’s policy of defending the naira, and his relationship with the president.
The edition, which its publishers say will leave readers on the edge of their chairs, also contains interviews with the incoming vice chancellor of the University of Ibadan, Professor Abel Olayinka; a conversation with Corps Marshal Boboye Oyeyemi; and an insight by social entrepreneur, Chude Jideonwo on how Red Media Africa ran Mr. Buhari’s election campaign.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/191561-reuben-abati-femi-adesina-in-war-of-words-over-jonathan-buhari.html

Why are all the people interviewed by the magazine Yorubas? #ethnicmagazine

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari by pet4ril(f): 6:06am On Oct 16, 2015
I wish they will just leave Jonathan alone. ..Haba
Re: Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari by moyinoluwabun(m): 6:20am On Oct 16, 2015
GEJ was indeed “a victim of power game” and the vicious propaganda of the opposition. Cos OBJ didn't do half of what GEJ did in his first term and he was still able to secure second term. Meanwhile, GEJ now has all d time to rest and free from all blame of bomb blast. Let Buhari who's competent, not clueless and not corrupt prove his worth and we'll judge him in fullness of time.

4 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari by Firefire(m): 6:26am On Oct 16, 2015
We should stop discussing Jonathan, we now have a new president who promised "Heaven on Earth" during campaign just to make a sudden and sharp 'U-TURN' a moment later.

APC and Mohomodu Buhari is the BIGGEST SCAM in the history of Nigeria.

FIVE MONTHS into his administration, NOTHING could be pointed at as meaningful development, even the stinky body language is no longer effective to deliver short-term gain, all his useless body aroma now fully evaporated.

I sincerely pray for Buhari to deliver, but we must NOT forget the wicked propaganda of the then opposition in a hurry.

God bless Nigeria.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari by Legitbaba(m): 6:30am On Oct 16, 2015
pet4ril:
I wish they will just leave Jonathan alone. ..Haba
Mumu Adesina thinks d country wud hve shut down....does he think anything hs changed?? Since Buhari came in??
Nothing ll change no matter who ever comes in as a President...b cos a region (or) two may always want d govt. fail...untill we go our separate ways...nothing go change ooo...if una like bring Obama

2 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari by gunuvi(m): 6:35am On Oct 16, 2015
Either Buhari or APC likes it or not, GEJ has moved on with his life and earned extraordinary respect all over the continent. BH has intensified their attacks in the north east and all our army has been reduced to is sharing flyers and begging BH on twitter. Haaaba!!!
Buhari wasted a whole 5 months to unveil a simple ministerial list of the so called" heavenly angels" that later turned out to be "earthly satans" cos most on the lists were former so called PDP members from the party the APC has been continually saying destroyed this country...what a shameless double standard party!!!
Please our President should concentrate on governance and by the power confirmed on me as a citizen of this great country and as a board member of the "wailing wailers for progress", I hereby order the APC and the President to henceforth leave PDP out of their woes and face governance with immediate effect!!!
I rise!
Re: Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:40am On Oct 16, 2015
Each time I read about Abati, I wonder if he is different from the Abati on Patito's Gang.
Re: Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari by oluseyiforjesus(m): 6:46am On Oct 16, 2015
Ok
Re: Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari by Pavore9: 6:53am On Oct 16, 2015
Mr. Abati said in his first major interview in the October/November edition of The Interview out next week, that Mr. Jonathan was, “a victim of power game” and the vicious propaganda of the opposition. “All they could focus on,” he said, “was trying to discredit the president. They called him clueless, they said he was incompetent, they said he was a drunkard!”......Abati has indicted himself, proving he did not do a good job in selling Jonathan's presidency to Nigerians. You do not blame a cat for stealing the fish but the owner for failing to properly keep the fish out of the cat's reach, the owner needs to be smarter than the cat!
Re: Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 16, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Na today. If you read all those their ethnic paper you will think Nigeria begins in mile 2 and ends in shagamu.
Re: Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari by obontami: 7:55am On Oct 16, 2015
fccckjonathan

Fccck abati

Fccck PDP
Re: Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:14am On Oct 16, 2015
APC is a conspiracy
Re: Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari by nationwide1(m): 8:35am On Oct 16, 2015
On a candid note, what war against corruption is Buhari fighting when he cannot mutter a word to unravel Halliburton scandal, when 16 billion dollars said to be meant for NEPA rehabilitation disappeared without any account, when he dining joyfully with some of the most corrupt people in the world.

I know many polarized minds will disagree with as usual but I'm saying the truth.
Re: Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 16, 2015
HungerBAD:
Abati? I am trying to remember exactly when I lost respect for that man.

If he had done his Job properly, and sold his boss to the public well. I am sure we would have had a hard time taking Aso Rock.

Still don't know why he is still trying to be relevant. He, should first of all go and beg Kayode Ajala, for being ungrateful to the man that brought him out from nowhere in Abeokuta, to where he is today.

Then he should go to the School of A.Y the comedian, and learn how to package himself.

Abati should just shut up. We have Fayose the Clown entertaining us already.
Nobody takes you serious here because An Hungry Man is always an Angry Man
Re: Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari by ERODEDEAST(f): 8:48am On Oct 16, 2015
Femi keeps disgracing himself.
Re: Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari by Vicadonis(m): 9:00am On Oct 16, 2015
Make I spread mat see who go win the battle.
Re: Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari by neolboy(m): 9:15am On Oct 16, 2015
Adesina abeg respect Abati coz u still be learner
Re: Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari by Jaideyone(m): 10:18am On Oct 16, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

dunce
Re: Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari by sunnyb0b0(m): 10:42am On Oct 16, 2015
Jaideyone:
dunce

This is what you get when contraceptives fail.
Re: Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari by Jaideyone(m): 11:27am On Oct 16, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

This is what you get when contraceptives fail.
ewu ibo I'm not a product of baby factory like you
Re: Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari by sunnyb0b0(m): 11:32am On Oct 16, 2015
Jaideyone:
ewu ibo I'm not a product of baby factory like you

Little wonder your birth certificate is an apology letter from the makers of the failed contraceptive to your parents.
Re: Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari by Jaideyone(m): 12:10pm On Oct 16, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Little wonder your birth certificate is an apology letter from the makers of the failed contraceptive to your parents.
bla bla bla all those lines you've been throwing are lame and out dated. I used them like 5yrs ago. now prove to me you are not a dunce. adesina is the presidential spokes man and abati was GEJ's spokesman. who do you expect them to interview? why did you have to complain only Yoruba men were interviewed? I repeat you are a dunce!!! oya kill yasef cheesy
Re: Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari by realborn(m): 12:18pm On Oct 16, 2015
It is mind boggling how anyone will make efforts to defend the last administration with evidence of maladministration confirmed by Iweala and Clark, key players of the administration.

Surprising how anyone will say the insurgents are stronger today, when in the last administration they ruled in local governments with absolute impunity unabated in contrast to today when their activities are planned in hiding. Anyone who is learned will know that the indecision and lack of direction by the past administration led to the monumental growth of this menace. How anyone who has been following the insurgency will expect it to be quenched in 5 months by a new administration is shocking. Damn, there are truly bitter enemies.

It is hypocritical to see people who had no qualms with Wike and Obanikoro being Ministers under Jonathan complain with loathe about Buhari's list.

It is sad to see people who did not see any problem with 80% or more of the budget spent on recurring expenditure for several years criticized with angst the economic measures of this young administration.

In 5 months Buhari, despite his shortcomings, has proven to be a better leader than a feckless and inept Jonathan who spent 5 years.

My 2 cents!
Re: Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari by sunnyb0b0(m): 12:39pm On Oct 16, 2015
Jaideyone:
bla bla bla all those lines you've been throwing are lame and out dated. I used them like 5yrs ago. now prove to me you are not a dunce. adesina is the presidential spokes man and abati was GEJ's spokesman. who do you expect them to interview? why did you have to complain only Yoruba men were interviewed? I repeat you are a dunce!!! oya kill yasef cheesy

You have now confirmed that you are one of those dull brains on Nairaland who only read the head line and then comment. Otherwise, you'd have seen the following part of the article;

"The edition, which its publishers say will leave readers on the edge of their chairs, also contains interviews with the incoming vice chancellor of the University of Ibadan, Professor Abel Olayinka; a conversation with Corps Marshal Boboye Oyeyemi; and an insight by social entrepreneur, Chude Jideonwo on how Red Media Africa ran Mr. Buhari’s election campaign".
Re: Reuben Abati, Femi Adesina In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari by Jaideyone(m): 1:06pm On Oct 16, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

You have now confirmed that you are one of those dull brains on Nairaland who only read the head line and then comment. Otherwise, you'd have seen the following part of the article;

"The edition, which its publishers say will leave readers on the edge of their chairs, also contains interviews with the incoming vice chancellor of the University of Ibadan, Professor Abel Olayinka; a conversation with Corps Marshal Boboye Oyeyemi; and an insight by social entrepreneur, Chude Jideonwo on how Red Media Africa ran Mr. Buhari’s election campaign".
dunce you were the one that brought tribalism into the thread.

(1) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation / BREAKING NEWS!!! NBC Director-general, Emeka Mba, Arrested / See This Casket That Was Used To Bury A Rich Man In Anambra [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.