Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,702 members, 7,862,202 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:16 AM

Mother Who Was Pregnant After Being Raped Aged 15 Is Reunited With The Daughter - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother Who Was Pregnant After Being Raped Aged 15 Is Reunited With The Daughter (1621 Views)

Nigerian Lady Begins Search For Her Mother Who Went Missing 28 Years Ago. Photos / 21-Year-Old Mother Who Has Just One Arm (Photos) / She Has Being Reunited With Her Family! Thank You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Who Was Pregnant After Being Raped Aged 15 Is Reunited With The Daughter by xtrix: 8:10am On Feb 10, 2015
When Kathy Anderson was 15 she was raped by a family friend – and found out she was pregnant soon after.

The mother, now 50, kept it a secret from her parents until the day she went into labor.

When she gave birth to a ‘perfect little girl’, social workers and doctors insisted she give it up for adoption and three days later, the baby was taken from her.

Nearly 30 years on from what Mrs Anderson calls the ‘worst day of her life’, the daughter she had only held once in a hospital bed, Katie Wynn, tracked her down.

The pair bonded instantly after their emotional reunion and have ended up living together, with Katie’s two sisters who she had never met.

Katie, now 35, grew up in Minnesota with her adoptive parents Bill and Cindy Young. When she was 20 she moved to Scottsdale, Arizona, and began the search for Kathy.

In a blog for WE TV, she wrote: ‘I’ve always wondered about my birth mother, who she was, what she looked like, if she thought of me on my birthday and if I looked like her. I would go thru spurts of wanting to find her and just feeling hopeless since I only had an extremely common name – Kathy Anderson.’

After years of trying to filter through people by that name who lived in Garland and Dallas, Texas, she eventually received a phone call from her aunt Shirley.

She had known about her birth family for years and informed her she had two sisters – Portia and Alicia.

Katie then stumbled on a website for Troy The Locator, a show that helps estranged relatives reunite. Producers questioned her and after a short time she found herself going to Austin, Texas, to meet her family.

Since their emotional meeting, Katie appears to have changed her last name from Wynn to Lagunas. On her Facebook page she shares pictures with two children and a man called Gabriel.

Mrs Anderson, who has recently divorced from her husband of 20 years, described to the show the traumatic experience she went through having to give up Katie.

She told WE TV’s Locator: ‘I want to say I was 15 but I could have been a bit younger than that. I have an amnesia on some of the events.I was young and it wasn’t me saying “I don’t want you.” I wanted her.The choices were not really mine. My mother and everyone at the hospital were saying this would be the best decision for the baby and me.I felt like I had no choice.

SOURCE
http://www.safecozzy.com/news/mother-who-became-pregnant-after-being-raped-aged-15-is-reunited-with-the-daughter-she-couldnt-bring-herself-to-abort-and-put-up-for-adoption-30-years-ago/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2946843/Mother-raped-family-friend-aged-15-reunites-daughter-decided-not-abort-adoption-instead.html

Re: Mother Who Was Pregnant After Being Raped Aged 15 Is Reunited With The Daughter by Tintinnoty(m): 8:12am On Feb 10, 2015
congrat 2 dem
Re: Mother Who Was Pregnant After Being Raped Aged 15 Is Reunited With The Daughter by elantraceey(f): 8:15am On Feb 10, 2015
Oh my

Congrats to them.
Re: Mother Who Was Pregnant After Being Raped Aged 15 Is Reunited With The Daughter by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 10, 2015
Very interesting

(1) (Reply)

Getting Ready For My Introduction Pls Advice!!! / If U Discovered Dat Ur Daughter Has This!!!*pics* / Change These Mindset, they are Very Wrong.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.