Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,911 members, 7,814,077 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Professor Pius Adesanmi: Why June 12 Is Here Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Professor Pius Adesanmi: Why June 12 Is Here Again (1495 Views)

12 Personalities Who Played Key Roles In June 12 Election / Pius Adesanmi "How To Spend Jonathan Era Recovered Looted Funds". / Anyim Pius Under Investigation For Funding Pro-Biafra Activities - Sahara Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Professor Pius Adesanmi: Why June 12 Is Here Again by olufunmibi(m): 11:50am On Feb 10, 2015
When I heard of the great evil that Goodluck Jonathan had visited on our country today, I was despondent and discouraged. My heart palpitated.

I very nearly drove to the Residence of the Nigerian High Commissioner to drop my passport with Ojo Maduekwe and be done once and for all with a nation-space that has found permanent employment for my tear ducts.

I don’t need this, I tell myself. That one wicked, evil man could scheme to reverse every gain we have made on our journey as a people since June 12, 1993 was just too much for me to bear.

Make no mistake about it, what Goodluck Jonathan has called a postponement of the election, after getting his compromised security goons (especially his irresponsible National Security Adviser) to intimidate and blackmail INEC, is a pre-annulment of an election in which he was going to suffer a humiliating defeat.

Boko Haram has never stopped Goodluck Jonathan from frolicking and partying away in Kano or from marriage festivities anywhere.

Boko Haram murdered two thousand Nigerians and he was more worried about a dozen journalists murdered in France.

To now use Boko Haram so cynically to rape our democracy is an ultimate act of treason for which, one must hope, Goodluck Jonathan and all the enablers of his evil shall one day stand trial.

Questions assailed me: are we meant to do Africa and the rest of humanity a good turn by being bad as a country?

Are we the bad example that aspiring democracies in Africa must use as a guide out of the woods?

If you want to make a success of 21st-century nation-statehood and the practice of genuine democracy, study Nigeria and avoid her steps?

Is this the good ordained to come out of our bad?

Is this the joke we have allowed folks like Goodluck Jonathan to reduce us to?

I found my answer in hours of online and telephone interaction with outraged Nigerians all over the world.

Across all our fault lines – ethnicity, religion, etc – they poured out into our spaces and spheres of national discursive communion to condemn evil.

Even career Jonathanians, too far gone in whatever highs he serves them to be able to openly admit that Goodluck Jonathan is not Jesus Christ the infallible – had enough sense to recognize the great evil that their man has visited on our country and wisely kept a low profile today.

Only a few irredeemable career Jonathanians have been out defending this treasonable civilian coup-d’état.

The near-national consensus on the recognition of the great evil that was done to our country today and the strident determination of our people to persevere, persist, and overcome has taught me a fundamental lesson.

Perhaps some countries are meant to be bad and, in being bad, serve a good purpose of example to others.

Perhaps some people are fated to eternal self-inflicted injuries and self-designed failures on a doomed march to nationhood.

Perhaps some people are not meant to make it to the mountaintop of project nationhood.

None of these things matters to me anymore for Nigerians have taught me today that what matters is how history records a people’s reaction to the badness in which they find themselves on the great pathways of history.

In your millions, you poured out to the public sphere to have your voices recorded against badness and evil.

The Jonathan junta rolled out troops, thinking you’d give them the excuse of violence to shed your blood but the fools do not know that your victory lies elsewhere.

And we must pity President Goodluck Jonathan, holder of a (P)owerful (H)igh (D)egree from the University of Port Harcourt.

We must pity him because he is devious and he has surrounded himself with criminals and evil men bent on ruining Nigeria.

That is why they are afraid to let him know the truth they now understand only too well. Reuben Abati, for instance, has read too many books not to understand that what is happening now is a mass movement for integrity in which Buhari has become a transcendental sign.

Buhari is now a sign and a movement has coalesced around that sign.

When that happens, no force is powerful enough to stop the movement of such a tide. Even Buhari is powerless to stop what is blowing across Nigeria now and has adopted him as arrowhead irrespective of his human strengths and weaknesses.

This tide has become so much bigger than Buhari now – big enough for a Nobel laureate to sense it and carefully arrange himself.

Those who have read some books in the confederacy of criminals around President Jonathan are afraid to tell their Oga that pre-annulment or postponement – whatever they call it – is powerless against this sort of tide.

This tide is an idea whose time has come.

We have now heard them in the Ekiti tapes so we understand only too well what they hope to achieve with this so-called Boko Haram postponement:

re-oil the rigging machine and promise juicy promotions to key military men.

Unfortunately for these puny little men trying to stand in the way of the hurricane that is blowing across Nigeria, their scheme is dead on arrival.

The people who rose up en masse today to condemn Goodluck Jonathan’s evil were going to do just one thing on February 14: punish him for failure and send him packing to Otuoke.

Now, he has annoyed many more people than were going to sack him.

He has merely strengthened the tide and the movement.

The Nigerians who were going to sack him for only one reason in February must now sack Goodluck Jonathan for two reasons in March: (1) Failure; (2) Treason.

3 Likes

Re: Professor Pius Adesanmi: Why June 12 Is Here Again by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 10, 2015
Oloribruku ode you want 25million people to be disenfranchised

1 Like

Re: Professor Pius Adesanmi: Why June 12 Is Here Again by olufunmibi(m): 12:07pm On Feb 10, 2015
chukwudi44:
Oloribruku ode you want 25million people to be disenfranchised

We know your tactics, double faced evil-genius tactics, if one turns to your hitman, Jega, he would cite, security concerns, if you turn to the PDP led Presidency, they would cite low PVC collection in some areas.
Keep giving excuses, doomsday is here! And excuses would not save the PDP from this brutal defeat I am seeing. It is just 6 weeks, thereafter your party would be history.

As for the Oloriburuku ranting you posted, that must have been a Compliment for your mother if I am not mistaken

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Professor Pius Adesanmi: Why June 12 Is Here Again by Nobody: 12:11pm On Feb 10, 2015
olufunmibi:

We know your tactics, double faced evil-genius tactics, if one turns to your hitman, Jega, he would cite, security concerns, if you turn to the PDP led Presidency, they would cite low PVC collection in some areas.
Keep giving excuses, doomsday is here! And excuses would not save the PDP from this brutal defeat I am seeing. It is just 6 weeks, thereafter your party would be history.

As for the Oloriburuku ranting you posted, that must have been a Compliment for your mother if I am not mistaken
if JEGA continues to deny people of their PVCs the elections will be postponed again.What sort of democracy are you advocating that will deny 25 million people from voting.

APC started this dirty game by denying people of their PVCs,PDP have now decided to play dirty and you are whining.By the time we are through with this elections you will understand the meaning of the phrase "power of incumbency"

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Professor Pius Adesanmi: Why June 12 Is Here Again by olufunmibi(m): 12:23pm On Feb 10, 2015
@chukwudi44, Power of Pregnancy or what did you say?
Re: Professor Pius Adesanmi: Why June 12 Is Here Again by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

if JEGA continues to deny people of their PVCs the elections will be postponed again.What sort of democracy are you advocating that will deny 25 million people from voting.

APC started this dirty game by denying people of their PVCs,PDP have now decided to play dirty and you are whining.By the time we are through with this elections you will understand the meaning of the phrase "power of incumbency"

Thank you

Yes! 25m people cannot be disenfranchised by Jega just to favour his hausa/fulani brother. Whoever wants war should head for the trenches already. If need be, we will postpone and postpone again.

The likes of the OP can feed on shiit till eternity or jump into the atlantic.
Re: Professor Pius Adesanmi: Why June 12 Is Here Again by babs01(m): 12:32pm On Feb 10, 2015
no, its fubruary 10
Re: Professor Pius Adesanmi: Why June 12 Is Here Again by Nobody: 12:39pm On Feb 10, 2015
Take the Igbos for granted at your own peril. Abiola said he could do without the Igbos and we all know the story. grin grin

The APC and Buhari have been taking us for granted and they will pay the price. embarassed embarassed

Like MKO, GMB will NEVER rule Nigeria.

The biggest mistake of the APC was to have taken Yoruba running mate for buhari. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Now it is game over. cheesy cheesy

It is a bad omen in Nigeria not to get the support of the Igbos if you must be president. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Dive-Bomber.

Re: Professor Pius Adesanmi: Why June 12 Is Here Again by olufunmibi(m): 1:19pm On Feb 10, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
Take the Igbos for granted at your own peril. Abiola said he could do without the Igbos and we all know the story. grin grin

The APC and Buhari have been taking us for granted and they will pay the price. embarassed embarassed

The biggest mistake of the APC was to have taken Yoruba running mate for buhari. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

It is a bad omen in Nigeria not to get the support of the Igbos if you must be president. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Dive-Bomber.

Guy, just chill. You can buy one cold Fan Yoghurt from @chukwudi44 who is doing ice cream business and chill out because I want to quickly tell you something deep.

You our Igbos friends are hardworking, resilient and law abiding, but fall short of leadership role because of lack of recognition of leadership ethics and discipline.

You dont have that one pivotal person that your leadership rotates around and that makes your potential political muscle, at best flaccid and at worst paralysed.

You have huge investment all over the country, but you are disunited and you are still struggling over the question of who your leader actually is, and dont think the rest of us are not observing, we hear of what goes on even in your town hall meetings. You are not used to authority figures, so you cant give what you dont have. You cannot provide leadership for this country " at this time", I dont mean Forever.

However, just like you opined, no one is taking the Igbos for granted. That is why APC held campaigns all through the South East and that is why your people were actively engaged in Lagos.

You guys, keep doing what you do best. Go and make money. Ok?

1 Like

Re: Professor Pius Adesanmi: Why June 12 Is Here Again by azimibraun: 1:43pm On Feb 10, 2015
The igbos I learnt in sociology are an acephalous folks. They usually lack central leadership. Be that as it may, who would say buhari and the APC took the igbos for granted? Is Rochas okorocha an Hausa Man or Ogbonaya Onu or the APC spokesman in Lagos? The igbos are just dissapointing political. It was anambra state Governor Obian and APGA leadership that first endorsed gej even before sm pdp ppl will endorse Gej. Peter obi also fled frm APGA to join PDP shunning Ojukwus's legacy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor Pius Adesanmi: Why June 12 Is Here Again by azimibraun: 2:09pm On Feb 10, 2015
My question is who is the Buhari of the south-east; who is the Tiunubu of the south-east; who is the Edwin Clarke of the south-east and who is the David Mark of the south-east? Is the igbo too small to have a consensus presidential candidate or torch bearer?

4 Likes

Re: Professor Pius Adesanmi: Why June 12 Is Here Again by olufunmibi(m): 2:58pm On Feb 10, 2015
azimibraun:
My question is who is the Buhari of the south-east; who is the Tiunubu of the south-east; who is the Edwin Clarke of the south-east and who is the David Mark of the south-east? Is the igbo too small to have a consensus presidential candidate or torch bearer?

Speaking of Consensus candidate, why did they reject their own, what was Okorocha's offence?

4 Likes

Re: Professor Pius Adesanmi: Why June 12 Is Here Again by azimibraun: 3:32pm On Feb 10, 2015
^^ I wonder o! Ask dem sir.

1 Like

Re: Professor Pius Adesanmi: Why June 12 Is Here Again by MalcoImX: 4:08pm On Feb 10, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Dive-Bomber.
Nobody is taking you for granted and politics is always about forming alliances. On two or so occasions, hasn't Buhari given VP to the Igbos? What have you done with it? Vote for whoever you want to and we too vote for whoever we want to. Isn't that what democracy is about?

1 Like

Re: Professor Pius Adesanmi: Why June 12 Is Here Again by najoke: 4:37pm On Feb 10, 2015
olufunmibi:

Guy, just chill. You can buy one cold Fan Yoghurt from @chukwudi44 who is doing ice cream business and chill out because I want to quickly tell you something deep.

You our Igbos friends are hardworking, resilient and law abiding, but fall short of leadership role because of lack of recognition of leadership ethics and discipline.

You dont have that one pivotal person that your leadership rotates around and that makes your potential political muscle, at best flaccid and at worst paralysed.

You have huge investment all over the country, but you are disunited and you are still struggling over the question of who your leader actually is, and dont think the rest of us are not observing, we hear of what goes on even in your town hall meetings. You are not used to authority figures, so you cant give what you dont have. You cannot provide leadership for this country " at this time", I dont mean Forever.

However, just like you opined, no one is taking the Igbos for granted. That is why APC held campaigns all through the South East and that is why your people were actively engaged in Lagos.

You guys, keep doing what you do best. Go and make money. Ok?

LOL........................ i must confess your write up is 100% correct, truth is bitter.

1 Like

Re: Professor Pius Adesanmi: Why June 12 Is Here Again by Tomiishola: 4:39pm On Feb 10, 2015
olufunmibi:

Speaking of Consensus candidate, why did they reject their own, what was Okorocha's offence?

Even in Lagos they cannot support their own Candidate, the guy is like an orphan. Igbos never support their own

2 Likes

Re: Professor Pius Adesanmi: Why June 12 Is Here Again by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Thank you

If it was left to fo.ols like this poster above, Nigeria would be in a state of irredeemable brunt. Thank God for right thinking fellas out there. At least I know I have a few as friends.

Shame on you chukwudi44, I regret that I share the same nationality with a shallow thinker like you.

2 Likes

Re: Professor Pius Adesanmi: Why June 12 Is Here Again by Tomiishola: 4:47pm On Feb 10, 2015
Gej's end will be terrible, people will rejoice in the streets like Abacha's time

3 Likes

Re: Professor Pius Adesanmi: Why June 12 Is Here Again by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 10, 2015
Tomiishola:
Gej's end will be terrible, people will rejoice in the streets like Abacha's time

People will rejoice than abacha's time! I will personally throw an in-house pool party for select nairalanders and friends! Quote me after buhari wins.

3 Likes

Re: Professor Pius Adesanmi: Why June 12 Is Here Again by olufunmibi(m): 6:10pm On Feb 10, 2015
Pat Utomi:

INEC, far from being Independent had been pushed into postponing elections it had indicated it was ready for. Second, it was clearly part of the goal of PDP leadership he was part of, to upset INEC Chairman Attahiru Jega enough to make him, as an honorable man, choose to throw in the towel. His resignation would be manna from heaven for them to declare Force Majeure and cancel the elections, primarily because they are far from believing in Democracy but simply see the democratic process as a useful vehicle to acquire power and use the state for their other intentions.

Utomi is a professor of Economics.
Re: Professor Pius Adesanmi: Why June 12 Is Here Again by olufunmibi(m): 6:21pm On Feb 10, 2015
Pat Utomi:

I have tried hard to have an open mind about what may be the justification for the aborting of the pledged election dates but find most of those offered hard to think of as logical and often as quite spurious.

They say the main issue is security.

Poor Professor Jega not being a security man throws his hands up in the air.

But how logical is it that threats you have not contained in more than five years can suddenly become amendable in six weeks because you need to have elections.

If that is likely then those who have not dealt with it for so many years must face consequences for dereliction of duty.

There are those who also ask the question; how come previous elections took place in Niger Delta States when an insurgency was located there;

and how come the political parties have been able to campaign in some of those states in question in the North East.

When held down on the security score, they turn to the challenge of PVC distribution. I am amazed these people have the kind of conscience they lacked in previous elections.

If the President had asked for advice from me six months ago I could have told him how to be a hero. Avoid contesting these elections.

But we know from Machiavelli that those who profit from an old order will do anything to prevent a new order from coming about.

So those who parasite on the Nigerian state around him, goaded him on to the point of fouling up his place in history

Utomi is a Professor of Economics
Re: Professor Pius Adesanmi: Why June 12 Is Here Again by spenca: 6:39pm On Feb 10, 2015
olufunmibi:
When I heard of the great evil that Goodluck Jonathan had visited on our country today, I was despondent and discouraged. My heart palpitated.

I very nearly drove to the Residence of the Nigerian High Commissioner to drop my passport with Ojo Maduekwe and be done once and for all with a nation-space that has found permanent employment for my tear ducts.

I don’t need this, I tell myself. That one wicked, evil man could scheme to reverse every gain we have made on our journey as a people since June 12, 1993 was just too much for me to bear.

Make no mistake about it, what Goodluck Jonathan has called a postponement of the election, after getting his compromised security goons (especially his irresponsible National Security Adviser) to intimidate and blackmail INEC, is a pre-annulment of an election in which he was going to suffer a humiliating defeat.

Boko Haram has never stopped Goodluck Jonathan from frolicking and partying away in Kano or from marriage festivities anywhere.

Boko Haram murdered two thousand Nigerians and he was more worried about a dozen journalists murdered in France.

To now use Boko Haram so cynically to rape our democracy is an ultimate act of treason for which, one must hope, Goodluck Jonathan and all the enablers of his evil shall one day stand trial.

Questions assailed me: are we meant to do Africa and the rest of humanity a good turn by being bad as a country?

Are we the bad example that aspiring democracies in Africa must use as a guide out of the woods?

If you want to make a success of 21st-century nation-statehood and the practice of genuine democracy, study Nigeria and avoid her steps?

Is this the good ordained to come out of our bad?

Is this the joke we have allowed folks like Goodluck Jonathan to reduce us to?

I found my answer in hours of online and telephone interaction with outraged Nigerians all over the world.

Across all our fault lines – ethnicity, religion, etc – they poured out into our spaces and spheres of national discursive communion to condemn evil.

Even career Jonathanians, too far gone in whatever highs he serves them to be able to openly admit that Goodluck Jonathan is not Jesus Christ the infallible – had enough sense to recognize the great evil that their man has visited on our country and wisely kept a low profile today.

Only a few irredeemable career Jonathanians have been out defending this treasonable civilian coup-d’état.

The near-national consensus on the recognition of the great evil that was done to our country today and the strident determination of our people to persevere, persist, and overcome has taught me a fundamental lesson.

Perhaps some countries are meant to be bad and, in being bad, serve a good purpose of example to others.

Perhaps some people are fated to eternal self-inflicted injuries and self-designed failures on a doomed march to nationhood.

Perhaps some people are not meant to make it to the mountaintop of project nationhood.

None of these things matters to me anymore for Nigerians have taught me today that what matters is how history records a people’s reaction to the badness in which they find themselves on the great pathways of history.

In your millions, you poured out to the public sphere to have your voices recorded against badness and evil.

The Jonathan junta rolled out troops, thinking you’d give them the excuse of violence to shed your blood but the fools do not know that your victory lies elsewhere.

And we must pity President Goodluck Jonathan, holder of a (P)owerful (H)igh (D)egree from the University of Port Harcourt.

We must pity him because he is devious and he has surrounded himself with criminals and evil men bent on ruining Nigeria.

That is why they are afraid to let him know the truth they now understand only too well. Reuben Abati, for instance, has read too many books not to understand that what is happening now is a mass movement for integrity in which Buhari has become a transcendental sign.

Buhari is now a sign and a movement has coalesced around that sign.

When that happens, no force is powerful enough to stop the movement of such a tide. Even Buhari is powerless to stop what is blowing across Nigeria now and has adopted him as arrowhead irrespective of his human strengths and weaknesses.

This tide has become so much bigger than Buhari now – big enough for a Nobel laureate to sense it and carefully arrange himself.

Those who have read some books in the confederacy of criminals around President Jonathan are afraid to tell their Oga that pre-annulment or postponement – whatever they call it – is powerless against this sort of tide.

This tide is an idea whose time has come.

We have now heard them in the Ekiti tapes so we understand only too well what they hope to achieve with this so-called Boko Haram postponement:

re-oil the rigging machine and promise juicy promotions to key military men.

Unfortunately for these puny little men trying to stand in the way of the hurricane that is blowing across Nigeria, their scheme is dead on arrival.

The people who rose up en masse today to condemn Goodluck Jonathan’s evil were going to do just one thing on February 14: punish him for failure and send him packing to Otuoke.

Now, he has annoyed many more people than were going to sack him.

He has merely strengthened the tide and the movement.

The Nigerians who were going to sack him for only one reason in February must now sack Goodluck Jonathan for two reasons in March: (1) Failure; (2) Treason.

It's is professor Pius Adesanmi

1 Like

Re: Professor Pius Adesanmi: Why June 12 Is Here Again by olufunmibi(m): 7:26pm On Feb 10, 2015
@spenca. Thanks. I have corrected the error.

(1) (Reply)

Jega's Likely Successor Revealed / Photo Of Osho Baba And Wife In Their Honeymoon At Miami Beach / Oil Marketers Resume Loading Of Petroleum Products As Strike Suspended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.