Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,262 members, 7,860,606 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:13 PM

Double Adultery - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Double Adultery (439 Views)

ADULTERY SAGA: Tiwa Savage Finally Replies Husband Teebillz With This Video? / South Korea Legalises Adultery / Adultery Now Legal In South Korea! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Double Adultery by TheCounsellor(m): 12:12pm On Feb 10, 2015
The Law dictionary defines it as adultery committed by two persons each of whom is married to another as distinguished from "single" adultery, where one of the participants is unmarried.

In simple terms, double adultery means sleeping with another person’s wife or husband while you are married to yours. Not when divorced already or separated.
It is fast becoming a problem in Nigeria today. Statistics from the Igando customary court in Lagos shows that 78% of the cases there are based on divorce and a further 57% of it on adultery while about 52% of it is on double adultery.

What could be the reason for this rising cases of double adultery in Nigeria?
Is the marriage institution no longer sacred?
Are people getting tired of it all?
Is it the decadence of promiscuity in the society that is bedeviling the marriage institution?
Could the reason be factored to economic, emotional, or psychological?
Or is it just sheer lust via adventure?

It is disheartening to see people violate their vows and engage in this unacceptable act of sleeping with other people’s partner. If you are no longer interested in your spouse why not serve a divorce paper instead of indulging in such act. It is even more heart-wrenching to see those who claim to be Christians and Muslims engage in this sordid act. Some even go straight to hotels after church service on Sunday! Even the hijab-wearing ones are common sight!

If you doubt me, contact me and I will take you to a hotel in my area where in every 2 minutes married couples troop for ‘short-time’. The irony in this hotel is that it is built in such a way that you’d think one is driving into an adjourning street, only to bend at a corner. The popular hotel is situated behind a plaza making it difficult for one to notice. To make it more ‘coded’, the hotel is built in such a way that cars don’t park in a visible place rather, every suite upstairs has a garage and a linking doorway .Once you drive into your suite and the gate closes, the next time you’ll see the people that went in is when they are driving out. You don’t see them when they alight from the car or enter the room.

But this wisdom failed one day, a man had gone to ‘do’ with another woman only to find his wife coming out from the suite he was about entering and all hell was let loose!

I know some people reading this know what and where I am talking about. I am not judging you because I don’t know your story but my submission is…whatever your reason is for engaging in this act, please stop before you hurt yourself and others.