Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? (29777 Views)

Five Hardly Known Things You Can Do With Android 5.0 Lollipop Smartphones. / Tecno Droipad 8 With Android 5.0 Lollipop / How To Upgrade Gionee Marathon M3 To Android 5.0 Lollipop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by nani667: 10:41pm On Feb 17, 2015
My Lollipop Benchmark ✔✔✔

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by olahero(m): 8:11am On Feb 18, 2015
Xolo posted on their FB timeline, update.zip of Lollipop of one of their device which is an MTK chipset and I don't know if it can work on my TECNO L6 Kitkat which is also an MTK Base? any ideal of doing that?
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Avatar(m): 8:26am On Feb 18, 2015
olahero:
Xolo posted on their FB timeline, update.zip of Lollipop of one of their device which is an MTK chipset and I don't know if it can work on my TECNO L6 Kitkat which is also an MTK Base? any ideal of doing that?
it's meant for the 'xolo one' and hence it isn't compatible with your device;except you wanna 'hard brick' your device.
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Hydronium(m): 11:53pm On Feb 24, 2015
[quote author=Habeebpain post=30712231][/quote]
No BBM, whatsapp only. What say you?
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Habeebpain(m): 12:15am On Feb 25, 2015
Hydronium:

No BBM, whatsapp only. What say you?

Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Benart(m): 8:49pm On Feb 25, 2015
nani667:
My Lollipop Benchmark ✔✔✔

nani whats your font name
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by nani667: 10:24pm On Feb 25, 2015
Benart:

nani whats your font name

Helvetia Nueue font sir.... Bold.... The same font on iOS ✔

Meanwhile... My Homescreen... And Lockscreen cool

Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by biggmusty(m): 11:31pm On Feb 25, 2015
nani667:

NanI pls can I get ur whatsapp numba need to ask u stuff on cm 12 on note 2 n7100
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Ymodulus: 4:19am On Feb 26, 2015
I can see the Meizu Mx4 on that Antutu Benchmark screenshot by Nani667
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Benart(m): 7:25pm On Feb 26, 2015
nani667:

lollipop is so sweet chai.. see clean ui

can you u pls Dropbox d font for me or gimme your number pls so we can talk beta on WhatsApp
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by phazotron(m): 11:59pm On Feb 26, 2015
I use an lg optimus g pro and I just flashed CyanogenMod 12 which is Android 5.0.2 (lollipop). so far its very good and a massive change from the status quo of before although my battery life has taken a toll for the worse after I upgraded. anybody experiencing the same?
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by adahib: 11:46pm On Mar 01, 2015
limdude:
I've been android 5.0.1 lollipop on my nexus 5 for nearly 3 months now and it's wonderful, the only issue I have is the battery life; it drains quicker than when I was on kitkat

That's what I've also noticed. My battery drains faster than when the phone was running on kit Kat... It's so not funny.
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by ezzylee(m): 12:23pm On Mar 03, 2015
abatically:

If u have not upgraded yet, then what are u waiting for? Lollipop is sweet and I guarantee u won't want to go back to KitKat. I been using it on my LG g3 since November no issues. Upgraded my HTC one m7 about 2 weeks ago and my phone looks like a new phone. The HTC one m7 on KitKat was flawless, smooth with no single lag, but lollipop adds lots of improvement with improved battery life and other features. Don't be on a long thing, upgrade ASAP.

I also use a HTC one m7 and I've not gotten the lollipop 5.0 update. HTC says they've been having minor issues with the update buh we'll get it soon. So I wanna know, how did u get yours?
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by ezzylee(m): 12:30pm On Mar 03, 2015
abatically:

I used my m7 for one year without rooting it, I mean I had no reason to, everything just works and there's no single lag memory management is the best I've ever seen (even better than my LG g3 with 3gb of ram). I wanted to upgrade to m8 but saw no reason, the m8 is just too big and not worth it IMHO. I already had an LG g3 with 5.5 inches screen and it looks smaller and lighter than the m8 with 5.0 inches (m8 got too much bezel). I only recently rooted my m7 in order to get lollipop on it.

The HTC one m7 is just the perfect size and I wish OEMS will make more flagship phones with 4.7-4.8 inches .

Ooooohhhh....... Just as I thought, you rooted your m7 also. Didn't do mine coz I've bricked quite a few phones already. I just have to be patient for the m7's official lollipop release.
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by abatically(m): 4:31pm On Mar 03, 2015
ezzylee:

Ooooohhhh....... Just as I thought, you rooted your m7 also. Didn't do mine coz I've bricked quite a few phones already. I just have to be patient for the m7's official lollipop release.

Hmm, bros if I tell u Wetin my eyes see in the process of rooting that phone. It is so complicated unlocking the bootloader. Then I downloaded custom ROM from XDA (the stock version, I don't like aosp Roms). In the process of flashing I mistakingly wiped everything including the original ROM itself. So I was left with a phone without any OS, also wiped the ROM I downloaded (and this phone has no external SD card). Phone was bricked, stuck at HTC logo. I spent about 12 hours browsing Google and watching YouTube videos before I could bring it back to life. But in the end I did it.
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by ezzylee(m): 5:03pm On Mar 03, 2015
abatically:

Hmm, bros if I tell u Wetin my eyes see in the process of rooting that phone. It is so complicated unlocking the bootloader. Then I downloaded custom ROM from XDA (the stock version, I don't like aosp Roms). In the process of flashing I mistakingly wiped everything including the original ROM itself. So I was left with a phone without any OS, also wiped the ROM I downloaded (and this phone has no external SD card). Phone was bricked, stuck at HTC logo. I spent about 12 hours browsing Google and watching YouTube videos before I could bring it back to life. But in the end I did it.

Hahahaaaaaa.... I can see you went through a lotta stress tryna root it. Good thing is you finally did it. Waiting patiently for the lollipop update has been really annoying, buh what can I do. I just have to wait noni.
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by mifavour(f): 12:40pm On Apr 03, 2015
viruz007:
Using it on my Samsung Galaxy S4 smiley

Tis cool... Like it

how many mb or go did it cost??
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by viruz007(m): 9:52pm On Apr 04, 2015
mifavour:

how many mb or go did it cost??

I downloaded it and loaded it. Did not so an Over the air update. Downloading and updating it was abt 1.2Gb or Der abt
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Mustack: 12:45am On Apr 07, 2015
can't wait to see my jiayu s3 get the upgrade
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by felixiodegus: 6:15pm On Apr 08, 2015
Pls has anyone on the Samsung galaxy flagship had the 5.0 upgrade over the air?
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Ehimzy(m): 6:30pm On Apr 08, 2015
mustaphagreens:
Please how can I upgrade the os of my tecno r7 to this latest os?
guy no wait for tecno o! just go grab one custom ROM sharp!!
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Ehimzy(m): 6:12pm On Apr 18, 2015
I bought an S5 from T-Mobile and unlocked it....how can I update it to lollipop cos It's T mobile who releases the update for its S5 users and im not on their service anymore.... Help. I don't. Want custom rom
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Ehimzy(m): 6:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
Ehimzy:
guy no wait for tecno o! just go grab one custom ROM sharp!!
......Abi.... A brand without software developers and engineers.... Useless...this is. Where INNJOO and WIKO trump them....

#team S5 & GALAXY TAB#!!!!
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Ehimzy(m): 6:18pm On Apr 18, 2015
Lollipop for innjoo users.....MAY 20th
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by swisscarter(m): 10:21pm On Apr 18, 2015
Ehimzy:
Lollipop for innjoo users.....MAY 20th
I pray..... Lollipop for gionee m3 users....April 20th...confirm...

Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by abbeyriousbaba: 4:41am On Apr 19, 2015
wen are dey going to release Lollipop for phantom Z USERS,I nid am
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Ehimzy(m): 7:13am On Apr 19, 2015
abbeyriousbaba:
....Unless mediatek releases its lollipop source codes and decide to update their software compatibility I'm afraid there won't be an update for tecno phantom z....cos mediatek doesnt really take into consideration software updates for their chipsets..its only companies with developers and engineers who can release updates for media tek devices..that's why Samsung..Sony and the rest get updates cos they use snapdragons not mediatek
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Ehimzy(m): 7:15am On Apr 19, 2015
abbeyriousbaba:
except if you use a custom ROM....but you'll have to wait cos most lollipop ROMs are currently unstable
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by dlenzin: 7:48am On Apr 19, 2015
upgraded to Lollipop just a few days ago on my LG G2 Pro, it runs smooth than before. I like the material design, lol
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 19, 2015
chidooh1:
When is innjoo products receiving lollipop.

I don't think it will. If it does it doing to be the innjoo one, that's if it does.
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by cartblanch: 7:10am On May 13, 2015
Pls when will Samsung Note 3 get the update[official] in Nigeria
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Avatar(m): 9:22am On May 13, 2015
cartblanch:
Pls when will Samsung Note 3 get the update[official] in Nigeria
It could take a while. If you can't wait , you can flash it manually if you know how to use Odin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What's The Best Phone You've Ever Used Or You're Currently Using? / Did You Receive Airtime Bonus From MTN Today? / Screenshot And Post Your Data Usage In The Month Of February

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.