Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,592 members, 7,823,577 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman (10202 Views)

Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman / Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text / Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman by dayo8080(m): 1:33pm On Feb 10, 2015
INFO FROM A CREDIBLE SENIOR INEC STAFF. PROFESSOR ATTAHIRU JEGA HAS RESIGNED ,
GOVERNOR OF ONDO STATE, GOVERNOR MIMIKO YOUNGER BROTHER LIKELY TO BECOME THE NEW INEC CHAIRMAN.,
MORE INFO YET TO COME.... MAY GOD BLESS NIGERIA (AMEN)

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman by Dieumerci(m): 1:34pm On Feb 10, 2015
This is a joke, right?
Re: Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman by nke001: 1:45pm On Feb 10, 2015
Prof A. Jega was a man of timbre and calibre who put nigeria first.

But... He sinned!

Still reverend him though.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman by Mutuwa(m): 2:00pm On Feb 10, 2015
I still de wait n watching from palm wine tree..just incase.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman by dayo8080(m): 2:03pm On Feb 10, 2015
THE DRAMA HAS JUST STARTED.
Re: Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman by enoqueen: 2:05pm On Feb 10, 2015
make I fold my hand de look first.

Jonathan the problem you cause in Nigeria today ur generation will suffer it soonest.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman by mrvitalis(m): 2:06pm On Feb 10, 2015
hmmm when the result start to show hope they can stand it??
cos as a nigerian am worried were ths may lead to

i ask how many igbo or ijaw can die for jonathan ??

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 10, 2015
Game on, some people will commit suicide soon..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman by psucc(m): 2:09pm On Feb 10, 2015
nke001:
Prof A. Jega was a man of timbre and calibre who put nigeria first.

But... He sinned!

Still reverend him though.
Wouldn't agree that he sinned.
Provided the new dates do not affect the May 29 handing over date, to me, is acceptable.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman by azimibraun: 2:12pm On Feb 10, 2015
If I hear!!!!!!
Re: Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman by joe4christ(m): 2:15pm On Feb 10, 2015
Lies from the pit of hell

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman by MRLINGTON(m): 2:18pm On Feb 10, 2015
F
A
K
E

N
E
W
S
!
!
!
Re: Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman by EvilBrain1(m): 2:22pm On Feb 10, 2015
OP needs to provide a sauce. Stop peddling rumours.

Proof or GTFO.
Re: Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman by freshness2020: 2:25pm On Feb 10, 2015
Whatever!

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman by vanunu: 2:26pm On Feb 10, 2015
He should simply resign, because he planned to deny millions of voters the right to vote, shame on him.

9 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman by cirmuell(m): 2:41pm On Feb 10, 2015
Hehe...for the sake of NIGERIA let all hope this is false.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman by okpamson15(m): 2:43pm On Feb 10, 2015
What a good news

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman by dayo8080(m): 2:43pm On Feb 10, 2015
EvilBrain1:
OP needs to provide a sauce. Stop peddling rumours.

Proof or GTFO.
EvilBrain indeed. but u dont understand common english "more info yet to come" MF
Re: Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman by Beautymc(f): 2:46pm On Feb 10, 2015
Shame on Jega.

How on earth can he insist to go ahead with an election when you failed to distribute 30 million out of 68 million PVCs? is it not outright robbery to disenfranchise almost 45% registered voters?

Just on 4th Feb, the last 15 million PVCs where flown in and yet Jega insisted to hold an election 10 days after without leaving enough collection time because he thought the odds favour Buhari?

How come the embattled NE have more PVCs distributed than the SS? Jega has to explain.

Why the choice to hand over northern PVCs to the emirs and sultans than the LG INEC officers like its done in the south? Jega has to explain the double standard

His alliance to the northern agenda is obvious and he showed his cards too early.

Even when INEC failed outrightly on PVC distribution and it qualifies for date extension, Jega stayed silent on that subject and blamed only the security program on the joint AU forces in the NE.

This is a good riddance to absolute rubbish. This is victory for democracy.

12 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 10, 2015
Im so waiting for the confirmation of this news
Re: Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman by shizzle11(m): 3:33pm On Feb 10, 2015
enoqueen:
[s]make I fold my hand de look first.

Jonathan the problem you cause in Nigeria today ur generation will suffer it soonest.[/s]

shut your dirty mouth. shegiyar kawai

waiting confirmation or denial cool

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:34pm On Feb 10, 2015
mrvitalis:
hmmm when the result start to show hope they can stand it??

i ask how many igbo or ijaw can die for jonathan ??

All your family will first die. Ewu.

6 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman by shizzle11(m): 3:39pm On Feb 10, 2015
Beautymc:
Shame on Jega.

How on earth can he insist to go ahead with an election when you failed to distribute 30 million out of 68 million PVCs? is it not outright robbery to disenfranchise almost 45% registered voters?

Just on 4th Feb, the last 15 million PVCs where flown in and yet Jega insisted to hold an election 10 days after without leaving enough collection time because he thought the odds favour Buhari?

How come the embattled NE have more PVCs distributed than the SS? Jega has to explain.

Why the choice to hand over northern PVCs to the emirs and sultans than the LG INEC officers like its done in the south? Jega has to explain the double standard

His alliance to the northern agenda is obvious and he showed his cards too early.

Even when INEC failed outrightly on PVC distribution and it qualifies for date extension, Jega stayed silent on that subject and blamed only the security program on the joint AU forces in the NE.

God bless you. You have a functional brain unlike the mo.ron i quoted earleir

9 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman by shizzle11(m): 3:42pm On Feb 10, 2015
mrvitalis:
[s]hmmm when the result start to show hope they can stand it??

i ask how many igbo or ijaw can die for jonathan[/s] ??
you and every member of your family will die like the slain youth corpers in 2011. AMEN!

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman by wonlasewonimi: 3:45pm On Feb 10, 2015
How can a website like this have so many mad people like the OP?
Re: Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman by akinsadeez(m): 3:55pm On Feb 10, 2015
Come on! This news can't be true.

1.) If he didn't resign all these years, why would he resign now?

2. Why would he resign just few months to the end of his tenure?

3. Why would he go through all the stress of preparing for the election only for him to resign at the last minute.

4. He knows his resignation will heat up the polity and have huge ramifications so what can he gain from resignation?

This news is obviously false.
Re: Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman by susrite(m): 3:58pm On Feb 10, 2015
wonlasewonimi:

hey, whatever you are called, has he said he orignated the news himself or has he poured in any iota of sentiments? You better go back to bed before losing it.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman by Brightology2(m): 3:59pm On Feb 10, 2015
Congratulation

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman by dayo8080(m): 4:08pm On Feb 10, 2015
wonlasewonimi:

I won't say u are mad, because u can use a phone to browse, however I think u are mentally derailed for accusing someone else of madness whereas u are the real only mad man on this thread now.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman by kennyjodeci(m): 4:20pm On Feb 10, 2015
Beautymc:
Shame on Jega.

How many times are you going to post this bro?

Meanwhile na Jonathan get my vote o

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ambode Won’t Probe Fashola – APC / Economic Overhaul Raises Hopes For Nigeria’s New Leader - Financial Times / You Call Home To Ask If There's Light: Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.