Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Restitution, A Christian Must! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Restitution, A Christian Must! (884 Views)

Why A Christian Girl Converted To Islam (Photo) / Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? / Is Restitution A Must For Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Restitution, A Christian Must! by oneda(m): 3:23pm On Feb 10, 2015
Greetings in JESUS name.
This write up is an exposition on the need for Christian restitution. God bless you as you read.

What is Restitution?
Restitution simply means to restore or make right some wrongs done before one repented. It may involve returning stolen property, exposing lies one had said which has effect on people's lives, returning fake certificates, et cetera

How biblical is this? God commanded it severally in the Old testament (Ex 22:2-3, Lev 6:1-7, Eze 33:14-15, 2 Sam 12:5-6 etc)
What of the New testament? Zaccheus is a worthy example (Luke 19:8-9) also look at what JESUS taught
Matthew 5:23-24
"Therefore if you are presenting your offering
at the altar, and there remember that your
brother has something against you, leave
your offering there before the altar and go;
first be reconciled to your brother, and then
come and present your offering.

Apostle Paul - Romans 13:8-10
Owe nothing to anyone except to love one
another; for he who loves his neighbor has
fulfilled the law. For this, "YOU SHALL NOT
COMMIT ADULTERY, YOU SHALL NOT
MURDER, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU
SHALL NOT COVET," and if there is any other
commandment, it is summed up in this
saying, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR
AS YOURSELF." Love does no wrong to a
neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of
the law.

let's look at some scenarios and I beg you to judge for yourself whether it's right or wrong. Some of these scenarios are true life while others are parable in form

1. There was this girl in my street, a real beauty to behold. Tall, dark, figure 8 shape, in fact beautiful African queen. She was humble to the core and would hardly pass you without greetings. Born of humble family, she hawks fruit for the mother. She should be around 16-18( I didn't ask). By the time I got to know her, she was already pregnant. I had just finished my A levels and was home for the break. Having free time, I assist at my sister's super store.
This girl used to come around to buy things. I became friends with her owing to her free nature but I didn't ask her about her pregnancy. I noticed that she don't let the pregnancy bother her nor is she ashamed like other girls of her age in similar condition would be. So I asked her one day "why are you pregnant when you should be in school? "

"I was gang raped "
me : where? how?
She : "At Mkpong street, in the evening around 7 in the evening. I was coming back from hawking when some boys around 5 in number dragged me to a dark part of the road and violated me please in turns. I later found out that I am pregnant. "

Her voice sound pained as if she would burst into tears so I didn't ask her more question. From her nature, abortion is not an option. Dreams shattered, and an innocent brought to suffer in this way.
Now if any of those boys that raped her repent and got born again, he must look for that girl and beg her forgiveness. This is restitution. I would like to know any reason why this shouldn't be done.

I will post more stories to illustrate the doctrine of restitution more. Meanwhile I will appreciate any reasonable contribution/questions.
Re: Restitution, A Christian Must! by Nobody: 6:15pm On Feb 10, 2015
Wow! So what about my waec result? In my mathematics exam, i got, say, 99% correctly, but someone told me the last answer. Well, thatz malpractice. Do you think i should return ma result.
N/B. I read about restitution/malpractice in "search the scripture".
Re: Restitution, A Christian Must! by oyeludef(m): 7:40pm On Feb 10, 2015
Nice one op. This is something most Christian shy away from but its very cardinal in our walk with christ. I guess u r deeper life
Re: Restitution, A Christian Must! by oneda(m): 9:00pm On Feb 10, 2015
timonski:
Wow! So what about my waec result? In my mathematics exam, i got, say, 99% correctly, but someone told me the last answer. Well, thatz malpractice. Do you think i should return ma result.
N/B. I read about restitution/malpractice in "search the scripture".

well based on justice the person who stole Maggi should be brought to book as much as those who stole a cow. But the Holy Spirit if you have Him in you should be the best guide here. I am sure He won't lead you astray; at least you you won't be the first He led astray. Pray and ask Him for guidance.

(1) (Reply)

"What If I'm Wrong?" - To God On The Judgement Day. / Is It Wrong For God To Send A Deluding Influence On People? / Drop Your Prayer Request Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.