Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,496 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

8 Life Lessons You Can Learn From Visiting Sick People - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 8 Life Lessons You Can Learn From Visiting Sick People (888 Views)

Six Important Lessons You Can Get From The Ant As A Student / How I Was Scammed Through Admission Runz. (learn From My Story) / 9 Life Lessons You Can Learn From Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Life Lessons You Can Learn From Visiting Sick People by Saint256: 10:29pm On Feb 10, 2015
Most of us do not like going to the hospital to visit a sick friend or relative, but there are things we can learn about life from such visits.

1. SAY WHAT YOU NEED TO SAY

Always let a loved one know how much you care for him or her. There may come a time it would not make any difference to the person. One sees this a lot with patients who have had a stroke and are either unconscious or have some form of memory impairment.

2. DON'T LET THE SUN SET ON AN ARGUMENT

A number of times, patients who come to the hospital very sick have had one form of argument with relatives who have moved on with their lives without knowing the present state of health of the person.

3. A FRIEND MAY STICK CLOSER THAN A BROTHER

Sometimes, it is a concerned neighbour that brings a patient to the hospital rather than a family member.

4. MONEY AIN'T A THING

In ill health, the attraction of money easily diminishes and one finally remembers there are other more important things in life.

5. PERSISTENCE PAYS

It is a joy to see a patient determined to get better against all odds, regardless if he has to wait hours to see a doctor or undergo countless tests. If only we tackled life with such fortitude.

6. A STITCH IN TIME SAVES NINE

Do what you have to do now to prevent future problems. Start that exercise, stop smoking, start that nutrition health program, get that healthcare plan.

7. FAMILIAR STRANGERS

Two people may live in the same house and know little about each other. It's always amazing to see a spouse who doesn't know the drugs the better half uses or when the spouse last went for a hospital appointment.

8. GOOD SAMARITANS STILL EXIST

In this day and age, with all sorts of security and other threats, people still stop along their way to help a sick person get to the hospital

1 Like

Re: 8 Life Lessons You Can Learn From Visiting Sick People by obiak4(m): 10:43pm On Feb 10, 2015
U also learn that life is worth more than gold
it sometimes brings you closer to God when you see someone fighting for last breath, have seen that a couple of times i cried like a baby very emotional
you also get to appreciate your life and give thanks to God
wish someone by reading this post would visit a hospital today
my 1oooooo cowries contribution

1 Like

Re: 8 Life Lessons You Can Learn From Visiting Sick People by Nobody: 3:39am On Feb 11, 2015
Great post, OP.

obiak4:
it sometimes brings you closer to God when you see someone fighting for last breath, have seen that a couple of times i cried like a baby very emotional
Awww.
Re: 8 Life Lessons You Can Learn From Visiting Sick People by Saint256: 6:40pm On Feb 11, 2015
Yields:
Great post, OP.

Awww.

Thanks
Re: 8 Life Lessons You Can Learn From Visiting Sick People by Saint256: 6:41pm On Feb 11, 2015
obiak4:

Lolz, thank you.life is worth celebrating.

(1) (Reply)

Project Topics And Complete Write Up / Ghana University Admission / ONLY English-biological Genious Here! Is This Correct?? [ENTER]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.