Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,573 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp (29504 Views)

MTN Increases Price Of Whatsapp, Facebook, 2go Goodybag Bundles / Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know / Eight Common Types Of Whatsapp Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp by dhsfbi(m): 11:10pm On Feb 10, 2015
Whatsapp among few other apps comes per-installed in virtually all Android devices released today, some enjoy whatsapp when chatting with friends and family while others only do enjoy whatsapp when chatting with many other people in a group mostly for sharing information or exchanging knowledge.
Tips and Tricks of Whatsapp
HOW TO SHARE PDF, DOC, EXE, APK AND ZIP FILES USING WHATSAPP
Earlier, i said most people enjoy group chatting with the sole aim/objective of getting or sharing information. But there are many ways information can be shared, it might just be i direct link to a website, Facebook page or YouTube video, or an image that has an explanation written on it and it might be a file. Image, links, video and audio are easily shared but it almost become impossible to share PDF or any of the above files with whatsapp friends until this post was compiled.

To share any PDF or any of the above file on whatsapp, follow the below steps/procedure thoroughly and make use of the comment box if you have any difficulties.

If you have dropbox installed on your smartphone, fire it up and sign in to your account.
If you do not have it installed already,install it from your app store and create an account with dropbox.
Now upload the file you wish to share on whatsapp to dropbox. After successfully uploading that file, tap on the file and hold until some options pop up.
From the pop up options, tap on share and look for whatsapp. Tap on whatsapp and select the person you want to share the file with.
A link will be created and send to your friend and he/she will be able to download the file.

HOW TO CHANGE WHATSAPP CHAT WALLPAPER
In case you do not like the stock wallpaper that came with your whatsapp, you can easily change it to one that suit you. You can use any image as your wallpaper or you can fire up your app store and download whatsapp wallpaper.

To change your whatsapp wallpaper, fire up whatsapp and go to settings.
Some options will pop up, look for wallpaper and tap on it.
Tap on document and select the location of the image you want to use as wallpaper and tap on set wallpaper.
If you already have a whatsapp wallpaper app installed on your smartphone, when you tap on wallpaper just choose the app and select any wallpaper you wish to use.

HOW TO SEND A MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR WHATSAPP FRIENDS
So your friends visited your birthday party yester-night and you want to show your appreciation, you do not need to contact them one by one, all you have to do is compose a message and broadcast it to all of them.

To do this, fire up your whatsapp and go to new broadcast.
Add all your friends that you want to send the message to and tap on create at the top right corner of whatsapp.
Compose the message and send it.
All your friends will receive your appreciation message at once and you have save yourself a lot of time.

HOW TO BLOCK SOMEONE ON WHATSAPP
Whatsapp groups are base of all kind of people, intelligent, brilliant, jerk, teenagers e.t.c. From groups some people will add you and try to contact you. At the end of the day, you will become friends with some and some will just end up been a jerk. For those that end up been a jerk, you don't want them to keep disturbing you so you have to block them.

To do this, fire up your whatsapp and go to settings.
On settings tab, tap on account and on account tab, tap on privacy.
Scroll down a little bit a you will see Blocked contact, tap on it.
Tap on the icon at the top right hand corner of the loaded page. Full list of all your Whatsapp friends will pop up, select the friend you wish to block and it will be added to your blocked list.

NOTE: You must have internet access before you can block any friend.
HOW TO DISABLE AUTO-DOWNLOAD ON WHATSAPP
Some whatsapp messenger have auto-download enabled which makes it automatically download any files attached in a chat.

This can be a disaster especially when you are managing your mobile data and the file is completely useless to you. So to stop this, you have to disable it.

Open whatsapp and go to Settings>>Chat Settings and tap on Media auto-download.
Choose your network mode, either Mobile data or Wi-Fi.
Uncheck the boxes to disable auto-download of files. Done.

http://www.rasaqtech.com/2015/01/tips-and-tricks-of-whatsapp-you-are-not.html#ixzz3RNmZUXnM

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp by Nuclearact: 12:43pm On Feb 11, 2015
Nice
Re: Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp by Gmaka: 2:31pm On Feb 11, 2015
Nice one, thanks
Re: Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 11, 2015
that change wallpaper is it for whatsapp or whatsapp plus?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp by dhsfbi(m): 2:43pm On Feb 11, 2015
blublahd:
that change wallpaper is it for whatsapp or whatsapp plus?
Whatsapp
Re: Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp by ewizard1: 10:06pm On Feb 11, 2015
OP, All these are no tricks. Why? They can be easily found in the App...

Sending file on Whatsapp via DropBox? I can just upload the my file to dropbox and send the link as a Text or a Mail to the receiver!
Thats no trick.

The real Whatsapp trick is Whatsapp Plus!!!

Simple.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp by Nobody: 12:33am On Feb 12, 2015
What if I know all this undecided undecided
Re: Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp by Nobody: 12:43am On Feb 12, 2015
Tips not tricks.

Na copy & paste self.
Re: Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp by boss1310(m): 5:04am On Feb 12, 2015
"fire up"lol
Re: Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp by ola4yinka(m): 7:45am On Feb 12, 2015
Guy the way you are firing up this whatsapp ehn, e go soon crash haba!...

2 Likes

Re: Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp by dhsfbi(m): 8:06am On Feb 12, 2015
ola4yinka:
Guy the way you are firing up this whatsapp ehn, e go soon crash haba!...
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp by dhsfbi(m): 8:08am On Feb 12, 2015
ewizard1:
OP, All these are no tricks. Why? They can be easily found in the App...

Sending file on Whatsapp via DropBox? I can just upload the my file to dropbox ans sent the link as a Text or a Mail to the receiver!
Thats no trick.

The real Whatsapp trick is Whatsapp Plus!!!

Simple.
Copy that.
Re: Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp by dhsfbi(m): 8:09am On Feb 12, 2015
boss1310:
"fire up"lol
na so.

1 Like

Re: Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp by dhsfbi(m): 8:09am On Feb 12, 2015
jboy73:
Tips not tricks.

Na copy & paste self.
the source is there bro.
Re: Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp by Faibuhari: 9:18am On Feb 12, 2015
Mtschewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp by Nobody: 9:19am On Feb 12, 2015
old story
Re: Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp by englishmart(m): 9:19am On Feb 12, 2015
these are not new my friend

1 Like

Re: Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp by peteruuu(m): 9:20am On Feb 12, 2015
*grabs seat & a bowl of popcorn*

Now lemme read.
Re: Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp by IamOpemipo(m): 9:20am On Feb 12, 2015
Buh I knw dis tins..

1 Like

Re: Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp by kessluvall(f): 9:21am On Feb 12, 2015
I'll try them...
WhatsApp over BBM.
Re: Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp by banjobanks(m): 9:22am On Feb 12, 2015
nice one there....
Re: Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp by Nobody: 9:22am On Feb 12, 2015
Please is whatsapp still banning users of whatsapp plus? Wanna re download mine
Re: Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp by fpeter(f): 9:23am On Feb 12, 2015
So I opened an account on whatsapp with my 3 lines but people only see the Etisalat I.D please why is that and how do I change it? Being that MTN is my major line and preferred whatsapp account. How can I make my contacts see that?

1 Like

Re: Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp by spaggyy(m): 9:23am On Feb 12, 2015
Guy as u take dey talk "fire up" my phone don explode now I need an extinguisher to fire down!!!
Re: Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp by Rexyl(m): 9:24am On Feb 12, 2015
nice one.
Re: Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp by go4value(m): 9:27am On Feb 12, 2015
we are on front page again... Oluwa is involved

GLO IS THE BEST NETWORK IN NIGERIA
Re: Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp by samx4real(m): 9:27am On Feb 12, 2015
If you have Whatsapp and you can't do all this shit...

Delete it.
Re: Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp by coldsummer: 9:28am On Feb 12, 2015
Ok cool
Re: Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp by bimbor(m): 9:28am On Feb 12, 2015
dhsfbi:
Whatsapp among few other apps comes per-installed in virtually all Android devices released today, some enjoy whatsapp when chatting with friends and family while others only do enjoy whatsapp when chatting with many other people in a group mostly for sharing information or exchanging knowledge.
Tips and Tricks of Whatsapp
HOW TO SHARE PDF, DOC, EXE, APK AND ZIP FILES USING WHATSAPP
Earlier, i said most people enjoy group chatting with the sole aim/objective of getting or sharing information. But there are many ways information can be shared, it might just be i direct link to a website, Facebook page or YouTube video, or an image that has an explanation written on it and it might be a file. Image, links, video and audio are easily shared but it almost become impossible to share PDF or any of the above files with whatsapp friends until this post was compiled.

To share any PDF or any of the above file on whatsapp, follow the below steps/procedure thoroughly and make use of the comment box if you have any difficulties.

If you have dropbox installed on your smartphone, fire it up and sign in to your account.
If you do not have it installed already,install it from your app store and create an account with dropbox.
Now upload the file you wish to share on whatsapp to dropbox. After successfully uploading that file, tap on the file and hold until some options pop up.
From the pop up options, tap on share and look for whatsapp. Tap on whatsapp and select the person you want to share the file with.
A link will be created and send to your friend and he/she will be able to download the file.

HOW TO CHANGE WHATSAPP CHAT WALLPAPER
In case you do not like the stock wallpaper that came with your whatsapp, you can easily change it to one that suit you. You can use any image as your wallpaper or you can fire up your app store and download whatsapp wallpaper.

To change your whatsapp wallpaper, fire up whatsapp and go to settings.
Some options will pop up, look for wallpaper and tap on it.
Tap on document and select the location of the image you want to use as wallpaper and tap on set wallpaper.
If you already have a whatsapp wallpaper app installed on your smartphone, when you tap on wallpaper just choose the app and select any wallpaper you wish to use.

HOW TO SEND A MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR WHATSAPP FRIENDS
So your friends visited your birthday party yester-night and you want to show your appreciation, you do not need to contact them one by one, all you have to do is compose a message and broadcast it to all of them.

To do this, fire up your whatsapp and go to new broadcast.
Add all your friends that you want to send the message to and tap on create at the top right corner of whatsapp.
Compose the message and send it.
All your friends will receive your appreciation message at once and you have save yourself a lot of time.

HOW TO BLOCK SOMEONE ON WHATSAPP
Whatsapp groups are base of all kind of people, intelligent, brilliant, jerk, teenagers e.t.c. From groups some people will add you and try to contact you. At the end of the day, you will become friends with some and some will just end up been a jerk. For those that end up been a jerk, you don't want them to keep disturbing you so you have to block them.

To do this, fire up your whatsapp and go to settings.
On settings tab, tap on account and on account tab, tap on privacy.
Scroll down a little bit a you will see Blocked contact, tap on it.
Tap on the icon at the top right hand corner of the loaded page. Full list of all your Whatsapp friends will pop up, select the friend you wish to block and it will be added to your blocked list.

NOTE: You must have internet access before you can block any friend.
HOW TO DISABLE AUTO-DOWNLOAD ON WHATSAPP
Some whatsapp messenger have auto-download enabled which makes it automatically download any files attached in a chat.

This can be a disaster especially when you are managing your mobile data and the file is completely useless to you. So to stop this, you have to disable it.

Open whatsapp and go to Settings>>Chat Settings and tap on Media auto-download.
Choose your network mode, either Mobile data or Wi-Fi.
Uncheck the boxes to disable auto-download of files. Done.

http://www.rasaqtech.com/2015/01/tips-and-tricks-of-whatsapp-you-are-not.html#ixzz3RNmZUXnM

Bros all these kindergatten tips!! Are we 5 year olds in here? We know all this poo already mate!

4 Likes

Re: Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp by Psalmwise(m): 9:32am On Feb 12, 2015
All wat u wrote dere is wat anybdy can do nah its nt a new tin...,tot u wanted to show ow to share apk and otherson whatsapp...,anytbdy can change whatsapp background or who doesn't knw ow to snd bc msg or even block on whatsapp... Abi is dere anybdy dat doesn't knw ow to snd BC msg

Silly topics makin FP dis days....Stcheeeeew(hisses in ibadan

(1) (2) (Reply)

Twitter User Odinabarbie Charged N5,000 To Follow People Back / Samsung Brings Back Flip Phones Running Android OS: Meet Samsung Galaxy Folder 2 / 6 Strange Looking Smartphones Ever Made (shocking )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.