Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,633 members, 7,820,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Obasanjo Supports Buhari, Warns Against Coup - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Supports Buhari, Warns Against Coup (658 Views)

Buratai’s Alert: UK, Ohanaeze, ACF, PDP Warn Soldiers Against Coup / Man On Motorcycle Supports Buhari After Budget Presentation. PICS / Buhari Warns Airport Officials Against Stopping Ex-ministers From Travelling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Supports Buhari, Warns Against Coup by oludashmi(f): 12:29am On Feb 11, 2015
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has finally declared his supports to the Presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).

Speaking at the at the launch of his controversial autobiography titled, ‘My Watch’, in Nairobi, Kenya, Obasanjo said Buhari, who ruled the country between December 1983 and August 1985 is better candidate who understands the system of Nigeria.

Obasanjo said he is confident that Buhari would tackle corruption, insecurity and restore themilitary morale which is needed in the fight against terrorism.

Reacting to the postponement of the elections by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for security reasons and a better distribution of Permanent Voter Cards, Obasanjo said he hoped the Federal Government was being truthful.

He urged Jonathan to put the interest of the nation ahead of his own ambition and warned that the manipulation of the electoral process could lead to a coup d’etat, adding that the May 29 handover date remained sacrosanct.

He said, “The circumstances he (Buhari) will be working under if he wins the elections are different from the one he worked under before, where he was both the executive and the legislature – he knows that. He is smart enough. He is educated enough. He’s experienced enough. Why shouldn’t I support him?

“It is a question of leadership – political and military. I think you need to ask Jonathan how he let the army go to this extent. Many things went wrong: recruitment went wrong; training went wrong; morale went down; motivation was not there; corruption was deeply ingrained; andwelfare was bad.

“I sincerely hope that the President is not going for broke and saying ‘look dammit, it’s either I have it or nobody has it’. I hope that we will not have a coup. I hope we can avoid it.”

Source: http://www.nigerianheadlines.com/obasanjo-supports-buhari-warns-coup/
Re: Obasanjo Supports Buhari, Warns Against Coup by Davotee(m): 12:32am On Feb 11, 2015
Whaaaaat? Hmmmm. Old naija generals ploting coup since d era of angel lucifer.

(1) (Reply)

A Message From A Serria Leonean To All Nigerians / Obasanjo To Jonathan:you Are Afraid Buhari Will Jail You. / How PDP Thugs Threatened The Life Of APC Members (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.