Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,213 members, 7,815,238 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

GEJ Violates Nigerian Constitution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Violates Nigerian Constitution (537 Views)

Buhari Violates Law On Public Procurement Like Jonathan, Yar’adua- Premium Times / APC Violates Own Constitution, Fails To Hold National Convention!! / Garba Shehu - The President Will Not Take Action That Violates The Constitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Violates Nigerian Constitution by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 11, 2015
I am not a lawyer but I have the Nigerian constitution in my library. According to Section 140 subsection 1: A person elected to the office of the President shall not begin to perform the functions of that office until he has declared his assets and liabilities as prescribed in this Constitution and he has taken and subscribed the Oath of Allegiance and the oath of office prescribed in the Seventh Schedule to this Constitution.
Someone should please interprete this because I don't think GEJ obeyed this part of the constitution. Are we supposed to neglect some parts of the constitution?
Re: GEJ Violates Nigerian Constitution by Nctrice(m): 8:15am On Feb 11, 2015
you are not enlightened as someone who has a library in his house!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Violates Nigerian Constitution by podosci(m): 8:21am On Feb 11, 2015
Nctrice:
you are not enlightened as someone who has a library in his house!
Please enlighten us, because I can remember watching an interview where GEJ boldly said he doesn't give a danm and he would not declare his assets. He went further to say that it was his predecessor that declared and not him, He said he is not going to declare
Please enlighten US
Re: GEJ Violates Nigerian Constitution by fiverrwin(f): 8:30am On Feb 11, 2015
Rogue presido among the richest in the world.
Re: GEJ Violates Nigerian Constitution by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 11, 2015
fiverrwin:
Rogue presido among the richest in the world.
fugly fish_brainer

(1) (Reply)

Police Affairs Minister Confirms Ekiti Rigging Tape / Read The Mistakes President Jonathan / Nigeria: Alleged Unremitted U.S.$1.48 Billion - No Money's Missing, NNPC Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.