Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,809 members, 7,831,640 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult (3740 Views)

Making Marriage Effective / Why Is It Difficult For Ladies To Keep Their Virginity Till Marriage These Days? / My Friend's Wife Is Making Life Difficult For Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by Stillfire: 2:13pm On Feb 11, 2015
obowunmi:
He married 2 women within 6 months?

Lol!

@topic
Na man be this? He can't even make up his mind. Woman go come take this one put as head? Rotflmao. No wonder Africa is in such dysfunction when the supposed head can't think straight.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by bennyrazz: 2:22pm On Feb 11, 2015
smh @ op the good story teller
Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by bellong: 3:00pm On Feb 11, 2015
Flytefalls:

I'm not Nigerian so excuse these honest questions. Does the traditional wedding ceremony involve God? Does 'tradition' strictly dictate virginity before marriage?

As the resident Chief Priest, I will answer you according to the traditions of our land that "westernisation" has spoilt. grin

1. YES, traditional wedding ceremony involve God as represented by the gods (according to the belief of our fore fathers). In Yoruba setting, before a guy marries a girl, the family of the guy will seek divination from Ifa to ascertain compatibility and also investigate if the girl's family is credible, doesn't have family medical history like "warapa" (epilepsy) etc....
I will say Marriage of the old wasn't done haphazardly and focused more on substance than frivolities.

2. YES.. Traditional wedding in the days of our fore fathers, the gods and great grand fathers strictly dictate "VIRGINITY". You must be a virgin to be married. Many people have written account of it. The "Virgin" girl was usually celebrated while the "Disvirgined" girl was usually booed and ridiculed and sometimes in extreme cases banished to evil forest.

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by HerexG(m): 3:03pm On Feb 11, 2015
Stillfire:

Lol!

@topic
Na man be this? He can't even make up his mind. Woman go come take this one put as head? Rotflmao. No wonder Africa is in such dysfunction when the supposed head can't think straight.

Making a mistake is permissive but making the same mistake overtime is where the problem lies

The west has even greater marital messes than Africa so don't speak of my Africa that way
Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by raumdeuter: 3:17pm On Feb 11, 2015
Op

So let's say between January and June.

He married traditionally, he went to church for counseling, he started dating another woman, he impregnated her and married her in church.

If he believed in traditional marriage that much why didn't he take the second woman for traditional.

Or if he didn't believe in church marriage why take the other woman to church for marriage

2 Likes

Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 11, 2015
bellong:

As the resident Chief Priest, I will answer you according to the traditions of our land that "westernisation" has spoilt. grin

1. YES, traditional wedding ceremony involve God as represented by the gods (according to the belief of our fore fathers). In Yoruba setting, before a guy marries a girl, the family of the guy will seek divination from Ifa to ascertain compatibility and also investigate if the girl's family is credible, doesn't have family medical history like "warapa" (epilepsy) etc....
I will say Marriage of the old wasn't done haphazardly and focused more on substance than frivolities.

2. YES.. Traditional wedding in the days of our fore fathers, the gods and great grand fathers strictly dictate "VIRGINITY". You must be a virgin to be married. Many people have written account of it. The "Virgin" girl was usually celebrated while the "Disvirgined" girl was usually booed and ridiculed and sometimes in extreme cases banished to evil forest.
Thank you!! kiss Excuse me, I am still learning embarassed
Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by HerexG(m): 3:55pm On Feb 11, 2015
raumdeuter:
Op

So let's say between January and June.

He married traditionally, he went to church for counseling, he started dating another woman, he impregnated her and married her in church.

If he believed in traditional marriage that much why didn't he take the second woman for traditional.

Or if he didn't believe in church marriage why take the other woman to church for marriage

Read the story properly and discern
Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by bellong: 4:39pm On Feb 11, 2015
Flytefalls:

Thank you!! kiss Excuse me, I am still learning embarassed

You are welcome...

What else you wanna know....?
Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by cococandy(f): 5:18pm On Feb 11, 2015
Where did you even get this hare-brained story from??
Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by Ewuro4: 5:47pm On Feb 11, 2015
So where's the baby abi he die-vorced them both?
Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by HerexG(m): 6:26pm On Feb 11, 2015
cococandy:
Where did you even get this hare-brained story from??

For your info it is a true life story not a fiction

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hilarious Memes Of What Having A Kid Actually Feels Like / Jilted Female Ex-banker Commits Suicide / Would You Beat Your Wife If She Beats Your Mother Mercilessly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.