Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,268 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! (29088 Views)

Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development / Jonathan Postponed Elections To Frustrate Buhari'– New York Times / My Take On Postponed Elections - Chimamanda Adichie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by karpentar: 5:22pm On Feb 11, 2015
Zitoangels:
Its quite refreshing to see and read what our Intellectuals think of Buhari who some people say he's an illiterate.

What's this one saying? Did you read the article at all?
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by DahtzFestjayz: 5:24pm On Feb 11, 2015
bjcuntis:
this guy would be thinking he will get lyk 1000 likes. hehehe!
Check it again 200 and still counting. PDP e-goat Sai Buhari Sai Baba #March4Buhari #March4GMB
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by iykofias(m): 5:24pm On Feb 11, 2015
tammie24:
Abegi! Does she even live here?
pluto
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by callmenow: 5:24pm On Feb 11, 2015
Greatomotoy:
same anger i felt when the postponement was announced. Any GOVERNMENT THAT DESPERATELY WANTS TO RETAIN POWER ALWAY*S GETs DISGRACED/ ask gadafi/ gbagbo/ idi amin/ abacha/ obj 3rd term agenda._ Meanwhile SAI BUHARI

Why did Buhari not win in 2011, 2007 or even 2003? The election needed to be postponed. INEC was not ready. Jega lied to Nigerians. He failed Nigerians. It is very clear the job is too big for him. Jega has now acquired a nice house in little venice here in London. He is very corrupt. Kebbi state should be ashamed of the dirty Jega. The guy stinks. He wanted to institute interim Government by conducting inconclusive polls, where more than two third of the electorate is disenfranchised.
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by deletrue: 5:24pm On Feb 11, 2015
Here bobby4090 goes again as an apc member. Look, if there is any Nigerian who believes in the totality of apc kind of propaganda, no matter the method apc uses, no matter the individual apc uses, Nigerians would have by now told GEJ to handover to Buhari even without the elections, because of the seriousness involved in the nature of your propaganda. So tell us why do apc members like this Bobby4090 trying to do? No body, apart from your members will ever regard and take you serious. All these efforts are just wasted. You people, apc members should just mark anywhere as reminder that Buhari will never rule Nigeria
Bobby4090 should know that boko haram is brought about to frustrate GEJ government. He should ask him if since independence or any other country if four governors from the same region has decamped? He should know that the '' only me go rule'' concept is serious being aimed at till this hour. Am sure Bobby4090's brain has too many loosed nuts.
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:26pm On Feb 11, 2015
siraj1402:
It will be very much bias judging Buhari military regime as inhuman, can anyone tell me which of military regime is not characterized by its peculiar behavior? Checking all the military that has ruled us in this country,one will surely find one or two things that is inhuman. No one expect him to be taking laws into his hands should he emerged as the winner.All we are saying is enough of this corruption that will not allow us to grow in all sector.Enough of this insecurity.The souls of innocent lost during Jonathan administration alone is more than souls lost during Nigeria civil war.
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by lion042(m): 5:28pm On Feb 11, 2015
Wetin this abuja runs girl dey talk?
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by richidinho(m): 5:29pm On Feb 11, 2015
siraj1402:
It will be very much bias judging Buhari military regime as inhuman, can anyone tell me which of military regime is not characterized by its peculiar behavior? Checking all the military that has ruled us in this country,one will surely find one or two things that is inhuman. No one expect him to be taking laws into his hands should he emerged as the winner.All we are saying is enough of this corruption that will not allow us to grow in all sector.Enough of this insecurity.The souls of innocent lost during Jonathan administration alone is more than souls lost during Nigeria civil war.
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians.

That is what they said abt OBJ
We voted massively for him only to discover that a General is always a General

Don't use ur brain; be deceived
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by DahtzFestjayz: 5:31pm On Feb 11, 2015
meshacha1:
Shame to Jonathan and His Crew Sai Buhari Sai Baba #March4Buhari #March4GMB
Bros, Last warning Stop Coping and Pasting My Post. Pls Use your brain to form yours. If you Repeat it again Lets Wrath of Buhari strike you. AMEN!!! Sai Buhari Sai Baba #March4Buhari #March4GMB
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by ZACHIE: 5:33pm On Feb 11, 2015
FrancisTony:
Mhen, this babe is a prodigy literary force to reckon with.

Yes. And resoundingly deserving of a yes; say i again, this babe is truly a writer.

I am officially chalenged to read her.
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by omolami: 5:34pm On Feb 11, 2015
This woman cannot even familarise herself with d constitution to know that Jonathan does not have d right to postpone election,only inec chairman does.She equally fail to realise that democratic governance abhor autocratism, rule of law must be followed in governance,Jonathan is doing that perfectly.Jega used security report to save his upreparedness as regards pvcs distribution,As at date he postponed the election, 27m pvcs were still,with inec undistributed,how then would expected voters vote? Infact d contractors were still supplying d cards.Seeking attention can be done in a better way than castigating yr president.You still have a long way to go,behave and dont be caught in d mist.

2 Likes

Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by Gliding(m): 5:35pm On Feb 11, 2015
Again like always, people will cast aspersions on her character, they will even allege that she has been bribed just because they have willfully blinded themselves. They see but can not perceive.

Pray tell, what shall we all gain if the military returns and drags Nigeria back into the abyss of ignominy she has been fighting so hard to rid herself of.

Sadly, most of us have no direct benefit from either the incumbent or the aspiring. Most are pawns that can be sacrificed inconsequentially. Support whoever you wish for genuine reasons and not just sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by bilalfarid(m): 5:35pm On Feb 11, 2015
Why not keep dis trash to yourself. It is so very obvious GMB is likely to emerge the winner.
deletrue pos[b:
[/b]t=30636898]Here bobby4090 goes again as an apc member. Look, if there is any Nigerian who believes in the totality of apc kind of propaganda, no matter the method apc uses, no matter the individual apc uses, Nigerians would have by now told GEJ to handover to Buhari even without the elections, because of the seriousness involved in the nature of your propaganda. So tell us why do apc members like this Bobby4090 trying to do? No body, apart from your members will ever regard and take you serious. All these efforts are just wasted. You people, apc members should just mark anywhere as reminder that Buhari will never rule Nigeria
Bobby4090 should know that boko haram is brought about to frustrate GEJ government. He should ask him if since independence or any other country if four governors from the same region has decamped? He should know that the '' only me go rule'' concept is serious being aimed at till this hour. Am sure Bobby4090's brain has too many loosed nuts.
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by bjcuntis(m): 5:36pm On Feb 11, 2015
DahtzFestjayz:
Check it again 36 and still counting. PDP e-goat Sai Buhari Sai Baba #March4Buhari #March4GMB
guy fara bale I also support buhari.....
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by gbengalite(m): 5:37pm On Feb 11, 2015
Devoid of bias...Spot on
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by Raheem2386: 5:41pm On Feb 11, 2015
iiichidodo:
If she dem ah no like da postponement pon valentine's deah den she mussi shot de hellup or go sufferization pon wheayitt transformer.INEC ma dem no ready fi election becaa x amount dem voters dont hab PVCs she wan dem ah suffer disenfranchization?. Luke it Lagos fi extance, many igbo dem a denied PVCs...wah mek?? becaa dem a no indigenes??! . but babylonians want dem a election pon continuation...jah rastafarai......These ah no irite and fi make dem nigerians mon go irate with a pure killings all ah the place and sufferation..She ah babylonian dat gal..wicked babylonian
ya man!!! Boooooombaclat!!!
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by Raheem2386: 5:42pm On Feb 11, 2015
iiichidodo:
If she dem ah no like da postponement pon valentine's deah den she mussi shot de hellup or go sufferization pon wheayitt transformer.INEC ma dem no ready fi election becaa x amount dem voters dont hab PVCs she wan dem ah suffer disenfranchization?. Luke it Lagos fi extance, many igbo dem a denied PVCs...wah mek?? becaa dem a no indigenes??! . but babylonians want dem a election pon continuation...jah rastafarai......These ah no irite and fi make dem nigerians mon go irate with a pure killings all ah the place and sufferation..She ah babylonian dat gal..wicked babylonian
ya man!!! Boooooombaclat!!! cheesy
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by redcap: 5:44pm On Feb 11, 2015
I can bet my two balls that many that commented on this thread did not bother to read this write up.
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by nicklaus40: 5:44pm On Feb 11, 2015
Chimamanda has spoken,read in between the lines and u will understand her
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by vigasimple(m): 5:45pm On Feb 11, 2015
karpentar:
Election was postponed to allow over 20 million voters get their PVCs within the 6 weeks period. The core of these 20 million is from areas likely to vote for GEJ. JEGA withheld PVCs from these folks to favour his party - APC. Government is smarter and more powerful and had to intervene. Now APC is restless and shouting; "postponement is provocative and threat to democracy”. I wonder how an act legally carried out by INEC has become a threat to democracy. Did INEC break any law? APC won’t tell you the real reason why they are crying wolf, but PDP/GEJ knows.
Insecurity is never the reason for the postponement. JEGA lied!!!

GBAM.

You are spot on. JEGA was just using the Military to cover his unpreparedness born from partiality to his Northern brothers.

INEC under JEGA are trying to rig the election in favour of APC via southern voters disenfranchisement through lack of PVC cards distribution.

APC has always use the courts to get in.

One of the main reason I think APC will fail is that they are desperate to the point that they will dine with Satan to get to power with the hope that when they get to power they can then renegotiate. This is one of the failings of GEJ. It is almost impossible.

The article written by Adichie is very balanced but she has a limited understanding of politics in Nigeria to read in between the lines. The conspiracy against GEJ is true but his advisers are reactive rather than pro active.

Infact Bhuari APC change is to take us back to the past. GEJ we need to break the cycle of BORN TO RULE FULANI mentality. The owners of Nigeria will not like to see a minority lead the country.
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by Champele(m): 5:45pm On Feb 11, 2015
Only in Nigeria will you see one with little achievement feeling like God. How many article did she wrote about her half country America?. GEJ joor!
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:47pm On Feb 11, 2015
Beautymc:
Everybody want to be noticed
at least, she wasn't biased towards APC.
She described what PDP want to dp with the election postponement.
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by Rilwayne001: 5:47pm On Feb 11, 2015
FrancisTony:

Indeed monseur francis...indeed Mademoiselle Chimamanda Adichie is a blessing to Nigeria.

In my opinion, Jonathan is an utter clueless man.

Wowww..but why are you licking his b*tt

Buhari is a heartless & wicked illiterate.

Bros why are you
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1174569_Ojukwu-Crying-at-Ojukwus-burial1_jpg676b341c3e657bdfacbec9b59fda6ef6[/img]

Say NO to GEJ & GMB--In all ramifications, GEJ is a better choice!

Now the above is contradictory, are you aware of that?
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by zizibabe1(f): 5:48pm On Feb 11, 2015
Beautymc:
Everybody want to be noticed

Nne,I tire o! The fastest way to gaining national notice now is Jonathan bashing.she would eats these her words soon.
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by Eluwilussit(m): 5:49pm On Feb 11, 2015
agabasam:
Always trying to use Nigerias situations to gain popularity... Next time when sometin gud happens in naija , let's see if she will write about it... Nonsense, ..

Na the koko be that. Celebrities all over the world do that.
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by Hugo7(m): 5:50pm On Feb 11, 2015
tammie24 post=3 0636021:
Abegi! Does she even live here?
For you to ask this question simply means you did not read the Article.
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by Eluwilussit(m): 5:50pm On Feb 11, 2015
FrancisTony:

In my opinion, Jonathan is an utter clueless man.

Buhari is a heartless & wicked illiterate.

Say NO to GEJ & GMB--In all ramifications, GEJ is a better choice!

Always!
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by dondo83(m): 5:52pm On Feb 11, 2015
Amusaopeyemi:
Sorry babe.
But come to think of it, it's not like you're in Nigeria and you'll be voting na.
What should we first time voters do?
What should people who are supposed to get married on that day do?
What should people who did not make plans for their partner due to the fact that elections were meant to take place on that day do?

Im not sure we read the same post. She said she asked her carpenter who he will vote for and his response was that he doesn't have a pvc.... Do they use pvc in America ?
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 11, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Now the above is contradictory, are you aware of that?
I'm just stating my opinion if I'm forced to choose between both of them.

I fear for the implementation of Sharia Law.

Keeping my vote for 2019. tongue

Jimi Agbaje has my vote for Lagos Governorship election. smiley
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 11, 2015
agabusta:
Correct woman!

Jonathan is playing with our hard-earned democracy and every reasonable human being should speak out now before kasala burst.

Thank you beautiful lady for not thinking and speaking the tribal and bigotry way. kiss
So, people that are supporting GEJ are bigots?.

Still searching how Chimamanda and Jonathan are related by tribe. undecided
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by Ddy(m): 6:00pm On Feb 11, 2015
u don speak finish?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dr. Maduka Distributes Free Fuel To Keke Operators In Awka / Gbajabiamila Congratulates Olasunkanmi Ayinde-Marshal On Chieftaincy Title / LP Suspends National Youth Leader Over Alleged Misconduct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.