Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,403 members, 7,812,185 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! (29091 Views)

Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development / Jonathan Postponed Elections To Frustrate Buhari'– New York Times / My Take On Postponed Elections - Chimamanda Adichie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by uzolexis(f): 6:54pm On Feb 11, 2015
agabasam:
Always trying to use Nigerias situations to gain popularity... Next time when sometin gud happens in naija , let's see if she will write about it... Nonsense, ..

She writes about good n bad. She wrote something praising 9ja 4 winning d war against ebola n criticising d US for implying that Nigeria would not av conquered ebola without their help.

1 Like

Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by Rilwayne001: 6:54pm On Feb 11, 2015
FrancisTony:

I'm sure that LAG Motorcyclist and Keke Maruwa(ist) will tell you more. grin

Oh, Are you saying that he banned motorcyclist and tricyclists? Is this the only reason why you think he has been tormenting the less priviledged?

Tinubu is his Godfather just like Fashola's own....

Ohhhh! Are you saying that Tinubu being Fashola's godfather and made lagos undergo(went) crippled development, contrary to the fact that lagos has been the most developed city in Nigeria in the past 8years under the governorship of BRF?
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by Tymax(m): 6:54pm On Feb 11, 2015
FrancisTony:

I'm supporting none.

Jonathan is an Ijaw man if you're unaware of it.
This statement of yours is totally irrelevant to our discussion. Evidently, you did not read my comments carefully. What I wrote was an observation of the reception of Adichie's words by her brethren and some of my thoughts on GEJ's leadership, with the elections in focus.

It appears you would rather steer the issues into areas where you can take offence, drawing me into a pointless heated argument.

Please spare me. Thank you.
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by lovely17(m): 6:55pm On Feb 11, 2015
if the north are to vote for buhari and the south for Jonathan it's obviously time for the north to rule probably boko haram was created to reduce the number of northners hmmmmm in every thing we are doing there is God now suddenly before election military storm sambisa forest some where they have dreaded for years just before elections I won't be surprised if election is shifted again I tire for GEJ tenure #smh somebody shout sai buhari #march4buhari
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by MrEverest(m): 6:56pm On Feb 11, 2015
siraj1402:
It will be very much bias judging Buhari military regime as inhuman, can anyone tell me which of military regime is not characterized by its peculiar behavior? Checking all the military that has ruled us in this country,one will surely find one or two things that is inhuman. No one expect him to be taking laws into his hands should he emerged as the winner.All we are saying is enough of this corruption that will not allow us to grow in all sector.Enough of this insecurity.The souls of innocent lost during Jonathan administration alone is more than souls lost during Nigeria civil war.
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians.
This is preposterous, are you by any whiff of imagination saying that the lives of Nigerians lost during GEJ regime is more than those lost during the Nigerian/Biafran war? Its either you are a kid who has never studied history or an alien from outer space. FYI, It was estimated that over 2 million people both in the front & at the rear lost their lives on the Biafran side while over a hundred thousand died on the Federal side during the civil war years of 1967 to 1970 so where is the comparison??

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by vision2050: 7:02pm On Feb 11, 2015
Bobby4090:

So who wants to be noticed? you or Chimamamda? Can any of your generations past and present attain her world wide status?
too much
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by elari(m): 7:04pm On Feb 11, 2015
Beautymc:
Everybody want to be noticed
At least we know her. Go read purple hibiscus before half of a yellow. . . For sure we know u are an unknown hater

1 Like

Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by Shoutozone: 7:07pm On Feb 11, 2015
Beautymc:
Are you implying that Chimamanda who is already an A-class author and celebrity is craving for you to notice her? If you've not been reading her books, you should at least have seen award winning movies made from the books she authored. Stop kidding please...

1 Like

Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 11, 2015
slimmy05:
I've know her to be boisterous loquacious skunk who thinks in her egoistic mind that she is important.

What's wrong with her giving back to the society, they only sit around and type all the crap from the dark part of her skull.

Spits on her.

I find your statement uncouth but uncorrupted - as I (myself) find her "decorated" monologues toilsome and her inconspicuous indifference (to matters of Nigerian nationhood) gratuitous.

Chimamanda's insouciance is appreciably palatable and yes! the darling of African Literature stands on the pulpit of public adulation; she deserves the right to wander in the night like an (overweening) amorous cat. Let her have her say
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by Omodaddye(f): 7:10pm On Feb 11, 2015
Bobby4090:

So who wants to be noticed? you or Chimamamda? Can any of your generations past and present attain her world wide status?
Shuu! Na fight? People just sit behind their keyboard and type trash. Do you know him to say such harsh thing about him and his generation? What about your own generation?

People with their overzealousness, I can't deal.
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by siraj1402(m): 7:11pm On Feb 11, 2015
MrEverest:
This is preposterous, are by any whiff of imagination saying that the lives of Nigerians lost during GEJ regime is more than those lost during the Nigerian/Biafran war? Its either you are a kid who has never studied history or an alien from outer space. FYI, It was estimated that over 2 million people both in the & at rear lost their lives on the Biafran side while over a hundred thousand died on the Federal side during the civil war years of 1967 to 1970 so where is the comparison??
Can you give the estimated lost live during Jonathan administration as well?
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by jjk24(m): 7:13pm On Feb 11, 2015
Beautymc:
am sorry but this your comment sound stupid and not well thought to me!! Just had to let you knw. #peace.

1 Like

Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by IamDanto7(m): 7:20pm On Feb 11, 2015
Beautymc:

SHE'S WELL KNOWN AND DOESN'T NEED TO BE NOTICED. I GUESS THIS IS THE FIRST TIME YOU HEARD HER NAME.

1 Like

Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 11, 2015
UN-BIASED EVALUATION! THUMBS UP CHI!...one of d few who reasons like human & not nigerian!...#CHANGE IS INEVITABLE!
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by MrEverest(m): 7:34pm On Feb 11, 2015
siraj1402:
Can you give the estimated lost live during Jonathan administration as well?
I only quoted that dude so as to correct the utterly erroneous & misleading impression he gave by using a very poor case study, so do not see it as a debate by countering me with that sarcastic question.
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by Emmanuel247(m): 7:37pm On Feb 11, 2015
This girl can Long-thing eeeehn

Or is this another Novel wey she wan release??
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by Criannd: 7:39pm On Feb 11, 2015
agabasam:
Always trying to use Nigerias situations to gain popularity... Next time when sometin gud happens in naija , let's see if she will write about it... Nonsense, ..

Why do we act like retards? She's only expressing her feelings about the whole thing. Let her be.

1 Like

Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by 30secs(m): 7:39pm On Feb 11, 2015
Beautymc:
Chimamanda wants to be noticed by you?? How quaint! Na you Chimamanda wan dey do notice me for? Loool

1 Like

Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by koredeolanrewaju(m): 7:43pm On Feb 11, 2015
GEJ plan has come to pass bt that dosn't delay us frm votn him out because we're really tired of president without action to nip corruption in the bud.
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 11, 2015
lookingforjob:
[b]It is sad to see many anti-progressives call Buhari names because of his tribal accent. Igbo's , Yoruba and Hausa's all have various ways of speaking and pronunciation due to our mother tongue. When i watched father Mbaka's video, his accent was obvious when he pronounced OIL as OYEL but does that makes him an illiterate? General Buhari reads, writes and gives speeches in English, He had a lauded and excellent interview on Aljazeera, Channels, eta'l but the hatred by some Nigerians will never let them see the fact that this is the only man who can deliver the change the common man crave for.

The most supporters of this present administration are the Igbo's. They see this as an opportunity for them to avenge what was done to them during the civil war. They never blamed Ojukwu who started a suicide mission and ran to ivory coast leaving them to their fate. This is why they will never see anything good in Buhari even if GEJ does nothing, they are contented.

THEY ARE HAPPY THE ELECTION WAS POSTPONED. THEY ARE SO EASY TO DECEIVE. GEJ fooled the igbos with Azikwe and promise of a bridge that's still on paper. They see GEJ as the closest they can get to aso rock. voting him is their way of flexing their political muscle but we shall put them to shame.

Had APC presented Fashola, Atiku or Kwankwaso , they will still find reasons to vote for GEJ and label Apc candidates bad. This hate is not about buhari, it's the way they feel they can get revenge for refusing to allow them form their Biafran territory. The Igbos believe another 4 years of GEJ presidency might bring about the end of Nigeria. Their selfish motive is to establish Biafra. They call Yoruba's slave to the North and all sort of names. They are a petty tribe. Its unfortunate the disunity of this country originates from their region.
They call for disintegration of the country but you will find them in every parts of the country selling fake drugs and fake goods produced in aba. They can't stay in their eastern region yet they want biafra. they even claim to own Lagos and its no mans land. Let's assume the country was divided today, will lagos be in the biafran map empty chest beaters. no wonder you find their people on death row all over Asia due to drug trafficking. instead of voting for a competent government, they prefer to suffer and resort to crimes for living. they are sadists, they travel home on 31/12 and return back on 02/01 and still hate such land that host their businesses.

In 2011, we all saw GEJ as a messiah and we voted him en-masse irrespective of his tribe and religion. We thought he would deliver us from years of misrule due to his humble look and name GOODLUCK. Nigerians did not vote PDP but GEJ. Then Yoruba's were not tagged slaves for trooping out to vote for him en-masse.

They said APC and Buhari promised to make Nigeria ungovernable. My question is why can't these people be arrested if the statements tagged to them were true GEJ is the commander in chief of all forces in Nigeria and it baffles me how a civilian in Buhari can make his government ungovernable while he sits and watch without taking actions. Isn't that a high level of incompetence?

Good luck Jonathan is the worst president we ever had in this country. The misfortunes of his administrations exceeds the so called transformations. I urge everyone to vote wisely

Hatred and Bitterness is more destructive to the bearer than it is to the object to which it is directed. Just a suggestion

##March4Buhari cool cool cool[/b]
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 11, 2015
lookingforjob:
[b]It is sad to see many anti-progressives call Buhari names because of his tribal accent. Igbo's , Yoruba and Hausa's all have various ways of speaking and pronunciation due to our mother tongue. When i watched father Mbaka's video, his accent was obvious when he pronounced OIL as OYEL but does that makes him an illiterate? General Buhari reads, writes and gives speeches in English, He had a lauded and excellent interview on Aljazeera, Channels, eta'l but the hatred by some Nigerians will never let them see the fact that this is the only man who can deliver the change the common man crave for.

The most supporters of this present administration are the Igbo's. They see this as an opportunity for them to avenge what was done to them during the civil war. They never blamed Ojukwu who started a suicide mission and ran to ivory coast leaving them to their fate. This is why they will never see anything good in Buhari even if GEJ does nothing, they are contented.

THEY ARE HAPPY THE ELECTION WAS POSTPONED. THEY ARE SO EASY TO DECEIVE. GEJ fooled the igbos with Azikwe and promise of a bridge that's still on paper. They see GEJ as the closest they can get to aso rock. voting him is their way of flexing their political muscle but we shall put them to shame.

Had APC presented Fashola, Atiku or Kwankwaso , they will still find reasons to vote for GEJ and label Apc candidates bad. This hate is not about buhari, it's the way they feel they can get revenge for refusing to allow them form their Biafran territory. The Igbos believe another 4 years of GEJ presidency might bring about the end of Nigeria. Their selfish motive is to establish Biafra. They call Yoruba's slave to the North and all sort of names. They are a petty tribe. Its unfortunate the disunity of this country originates from their region.
They call for disintegration of the country but you will find them in every parts of the country selling fake drugs and fake goods produced in aba. They can't stay in their eastern region yet they want biafra. they even claim to own Lagos and its no mans land. Let's assume the country was divided today, will lagos be in the biafran map empty chest beaters. no wonder you find their people on death row all over Asia due to drug trafficking. instead of voting for a competent government, they prefer to suffer and resort to crimes for living. they are sadists, they travel home on 31/12 and return back on 02/01 and still hate such land that host their businesses.

In 2011, we all saw GEJ as a messiah and we voted him en-masse irrespective of his tribe and religion. We thought he would deliver us from years of misrule due to his humble look and name GOODLUCK. Nigerians did not vote PDP but GEJ. Then Yoruba's were not tagged slaves for trooping out to vote for him en-masse.

They said APC and Buhari promised to make Nigeria ungovernable. My question is why can't these people be arrested if the statements tagged to them were true GEJ is the commander in chief of all forces in Nigeria and it baffles me how a civilian in Buhari can make his government ungovernable while he sits and watch without taking actions. Isn't that a high level of incompetence?

Good luck Jonathan is the worst president we ever had in this country. The misfortunes of his administrations exceeds the so called transformations. I urge everyone to vote wisely

Hatred and Bittern[color=#990000][/color]ess is more destructive to the bearer than it is to the object to which it is directed. Just a suggestion

##March4Buhari cool cool cool[/b]
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by Dee60: 7:56pm On Feb 11, 2015
The simple interpretation is this. Jonathan's chances would have been better if elections were to hold Feb 14! Now, he has bungled it completely. I was not decided before, but now. my decision is clear. GEJ's handlers lack intelligence.
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by sosereal201(m): 7:57pm On Feb 11, 2015
Beautymc:
she is internationally noticed already. in my opinion, she is just giving her own opinion about the postponement.

1 Like

Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by dafuturis(m): 8:14pm On Feb 11, 2015
yommyphresh:
you don't know chimamanda i suppose. This is one woman that needs no introduction!

Exactly

1 Like

Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by dafuturis(m): 8:19pm On Feb 11, 2015
If you know what this so-called civil servant do in office or how careless and corrupt they are in office you will agree with me that flogging them is just mere 'pampering'
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by calaway: 8:19pm On Feb 11, 2015
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by femliany(m): 8:52pm On Feb 11, 2015
This woman doesn't need to be noticed my broda..seems you are a learner
Beautymc:
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by pure2012soul(m): 8:59pm On Feb 11, 2015
Another useless arm chair critic
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by InvertedHammer: 9:02pm On Feb 11, 2015
/
GEJ is being kicked all around everywhere.

Yahoo USA seems to have make it a point of duty to publish articles of GEJ bashing on a daily basis.

Today they have an article titled "Badluck Jonathan". It makes for an interesting read.

Everybody hates Jonathan.

Leadership is not by force. It is either you got the quslities or you don't. GEJ is not a leader. Put a lipstick on a pig, it remains a pig.
\
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by Athanatos(m): 9:13pm On Feb 11, 2015
agabasam:
Oga dey well! She's already popular! Nigerians and their binu sef!
Re: Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! by mrrock: 9:26pm On Feb 11, 2015
Beautymc:

And, why do you think she doesn't deserve to be noticed. For your information, she's one of the most popular Nigerian alive!.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Court Reverses Sack Of IGP Usman Alkali / Gbajabiamila Congratulates Olasunkanmi Ayinde-Marshal On Chieftaincy Title / Bomb Blast In Nigeria: Facebook Activates Safety Check

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.