Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,805 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? (2708 Views)

John Edobor Caught In Bed With Another Lady (Pics) / Woman Fights Husband For Marrying Another Lady In Lagos(video) / Married With Kids But Deeply In Love With Another Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 11, 2015
I know when a man and a woman get married, they are expected to be faithful to each other and any act of infidelity is a ground for divorce.

However, being married to one woman/man does not cut off all attractions to others. The question is how to handle such attraction so that it doesn't result to infidelity.

The purpose of this thread is to seek the opinion of Nlders on how best to handle your attraction to other people such that it doesn't destroy your marriage. And to know how you folks feel when your partner begins to show their attraction to others in your presence. For instance, let's take a scenario where a guy and his young wife are watching a movie featuring say Tonto Dike and the guy keeps admiring her back side or those sexy lips of hers kiss, or let's say it's a movie featuring Ramsey Noah, and the lady keeps admiring him, how would you feel/react under such circumstance where your spouse is openly showing attraction for another?
Re: Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 11, 2015
I feel comfortable, I be spirit ni

2 Likes

Re: Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? by kent79: 6:02pm On Feb 11, 2015
Na just mere admiration now.
Re: Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? by crackhaus: 6:11pm On Feb 11, 2015
Lmao... I always find it hilarious watching the reaction of women whose spouses deliberately compliment another woman's beauty in their presence - you can almost see her skin fluster from blood rush while desperately trying to act unfazed.

Women just don't like it, no matter how hard they try to pretend it doesn't matter... grin

3 Likes

Re: Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 11, 2015
crackhaus:
Lmao... I always find it hilarious watching the reaction of women whose spouses deliberately compliment another woman's beauty in their presence - you can almost see her skin fluster from blood rush while desperately trying to act unfazed.

Women just don't like it, no matter how hard they try to pretend it doesn't matter... grin
lol..you are right bro.
Re: Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 11, 2015
brito:
I feel comfortable, I be spirit ni
sarcasm shocked
Re: Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 11, 2015
kent79:
Na just mere admiration now.
All acts of marital infidelity begin with mere admiration.

1 Like

Re: Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? by dytbabe: 6:22pm On Feb 11, 2015
I am jst one indifferent wife/mother
Infact ehn I call on him to see how hawt she is even if I know he's seen her before me
Let's give her a lift na
grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? by cococandy(f): 7:21pm On Feb 11, 2015
It depends on how the person goes about it.
There's no person that doesn't admire someone of the opposite sex once in a while.
Dropping a passing comment on how pretty or handsome one actor or musician is, won't ruin anybody's marriage.

But acting fixated on them,always talking about them or how you wish you can have them in the presence of your wife or husband (believe some folks are that xtupid) will surely cause feelings of inadequacy in your spouse.
The simple message behind those comments is that you consider your spouse second place and is only settling with them because you weren't 'lucky' enough to be with your crush.

Hmm wisdom is profitable to.........finish it undecided

3 Likes

Re: Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Feb 11, 2015
dytbabe:
I am jst one indifferent wife/mother
Infact ehn I call on him to see how hawt she is even if I know he's seen her before me
Let's give her a lift na
grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? by KanwuliaJara: 8:22pm On Feb 11, 2015
Absolutely NOTHING!
I am sooooooo immune to such pettiness! kiss
Open marriage is the best rememBA? wink

1 Like

Re: Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 11, 2015
donpeey22:
I know when a man and a woman get married, they are expected to be faithful to each other and any act of infidelity is a ground for divorce.

However, being married to one woman/man does not cut off all attractions to others. The question is how to handle such attraction so that it doesn't result to infidelity.

The purpose of this thread is to seek the opinion of Nlders on how best to handle your attraction to other people such that it doesn't destroy your marriage. And to know how you folks feel when your partner begins to show their attraction to others in your presence. For instance, let's take a scenario where a guy and his young wife are watching a movie featuring say Tonto Dike and the guy keeps admiring her back side or those sexy lips of hers kiss, or let's say it's a movie featuring Ramsey Noah, and the lady keeps admiring him, how would you feel/react under such circumstance where your spouse is opening showing attraction for another?

My husband thinks isha cesay of CNN and Tamron Hall on MSNBC are very attractive women and I refer to them as his babes
Means absolutely nothing to me.if he acknowledges a beautiful woman on the street ,doesn't bother me one bit,I will join and concur that the girl is indeed beautiful.
I am that confident in myself
Why should I be bothered about a woman on a TV Screen or a stranger passing by?
I have my own eyes kwa grin
Life is too short to be bothering about frivolous stuff

1 Like

Re: Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? by Wendy80(f): 8:45pm On Feb 11, 2015
I'm indifferent to such. I even show him when he doesn't see sef.

1 Like

Re: Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 11, 2015
Wendy80:
I'm indifferent to such. I even show him when he doesn't see sef.

Thank you
Me too rofl
I know he likes big boobs and when we pass a girl with big boobs either of us may make a comment and I will tease him about it
Re: Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? by soulglo: 8:50pm On Feb 11, 2015
I couldn't care less

1 Like

Re: Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? by Wendy80(f): 9:00pm On Feb 11, 2015
babyosisi:

Thank you
Me too rofl
I know he likes big boobs and when we pass a girl with big boobs either of us may make a comment and I will tease him about it
Mine likes big bom(thank God I have) so I show him when he doesn't see on time.
Some wives trouble demselves unnecessary.
Eyes must see.

2 Likes

Re: Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 11, 2015
babyosisi:

My husband thinks isha cesay of CNN and Tamron Hall on MSNBC are very attractive women and I refer to them as his babes
Means absolutely nothing to me.if he acknowledges a beautiful woman on the street ,doesn't bother me one bit,I will join and concur that the girl is indeed beautiful.
I am that confident in myself
Why should I be bothered about a woman on a TV Screen or a stranger passing by?
I have my own eyes kwa grin
Life is too short to be bothering about frivolous stuff
wow! Really?! Honestly, there's always this feeling of jealousy that comes with one's partner admiring another person. It is natural and I think it's better for one to just hide the feeling instead of flaunting it to the partner.
Re: Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 11, 2015
donpeey22:
wow! Really?! Honestly, there's always this feeling of jealousy that comes with one's partner admiring another person. It is natural and I think it's better for one to just hide the feeling instead of flaunting it to the partner.

Every sensible man would know not to dwell on that conversation but leave it at the innocent humor level
I have absolutely no Problem with my man voicing out that another woman was beautiful
Re: Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? by cococandy(f): 9:53pm On Feb 11, 2015
donpeey22:
admiring is not the same thing as lusting after.

2 Likes

Re: Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 11, 2015
cococandy:
sorry, I actually meant to say lusting after.
Re: Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 11, 2015
babyosisi:

Every sensible man would know not to dwell on that conversation but leave it at the innocent humor level
I have absolutely no Problem with my man voicing out that another woman was beautiful
Not actually voicing out that the person is beautiful but desiring to have the person cheesy
Re: Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 11, 2015
cococandy:
It depends on how the person goes about it.
There's no person that doesn't admire someone of the opposite sex once in a while.
Dropping a passing comment on how pretty or handsome one actor or musician is, won't ruin anybody's marriage.

But acting fixated on them,alway his talking about them or how you wish you can have them in the presence of your wife or husband (believe some folks are that xtupid) will surely cause feelings of inadequacy in your spouse.
The simple message behind those comments is that you consider your spouse second place and is only settling with them because you weren't 'lucky' enough to be with your crush.

Hmm wisdom is profitable to.........finish it undecided
You are absolutely right Lorrie!
Re: Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 11, 2015
donpeey22:
Not actually voicing out that the person is beautiful but desiring to have the person cheesy

He is allowed to make jokes like that with me doesn't bother me
I have no reason to believe he has or will act on it and I am secure in myself

I also make jokes about how sexy ultra rich men are and it doesn't bother him
Re: Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 11, 2015
babyosisi:

He is allowed to make jokes like that with me doesn't bother me
Hmmm. Like seriously?!
Re: Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Feb 11, 2015
donpeey22:
Hmmm. Like seriously?!

Very serious
I have been out of town a few nights and when we spoke last night he asked what man was keeping me warm over there
And I said you don't wanna know the rugged cowboy I have in here
The teases and jokes and humor are part of what attracted us to each other in the first place
I guess it may not work for some uptight folks
Re: Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 11, 2015
babyosisi:

Very serious
I have been out of town a few nights and when we spoke last night he asked what man was keeping me warm over there
And I said you don't wanna know the rugged cowboy I have in here
The teases and jokes and humor are part of what attracted us to each other in the first place
I guess it may not work for some uptight folks
Okay! That's an expensive joke shaaa ooo! But to each his own.
Re: Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? by soulglo: 10:20pm On Feb 11, 2015
cococandy:

This is true but if it's just someone on TV he is lusting after then should it even be a big deal. Many people have celebrity crushes but how many of us will ever actually meet them and then get a chance to act out those feelings.
Re: Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? by soulglo: 10:21pm On Feb 11, 2015
donpeey22:
Okay! That's an expensive joke shaaa ooo! But to each his own.

LOL. You sound so possessive. Please marry accordingly or you might run mad grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 11, 2015
soulglo:

LOL. You sound so possessive. Please marry accordingly or you might run mad grin grin grin
Hmmm. I am one hell of a jealous lover oooo. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? by cococandy(f): 11:12pm On Feb 11, 2015
soulglo:

This is true but if it's just someone on TV he is lusting after then should it even be a big deal. Many people have celebrity crushes but how many of us will ever actually meet them and then get a chance to act out those feelings.
well...to me admiration is allowed.
Saying how pretty some TV ladies are doesn't count as offensive to me because I say that too about some cute male actors.

Lust on its own is a natural thing that catches most of us unawares.
But If he finds himself lusting after a babe,he better not keep dwelling on those feelings especially not in my presence.

Saying it once is enough. Repeat it and I'll give him the evil eye. grin

I Had an ex who was so hung up on Megan Good that he started seeing her in me.
I don't even know if there's an inch of resemblance between me and the lady but he thought so obviously because he was subconsciously using me to make up for not having her. He kept harping on it. And the way he would rush any movie she acted and get so lost in it? Hmmm undecided
Plus Plenty Pictures of her in his phone and laptop too. His own celebrity worship of her was too much.

Most uncomfortable date I ever had.
Was I going to try to be Megan Good?
Or accept that I'm like her to please him?

The thing Didn't last jare. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? by bukatyne(f): 11:19pm On Feb 11, 2015
There is a difference between crushing on celebs or passerbys you probably would never meet and crushing on your acquintances shocked

Admiring and complimenting beautiful acquintances is part of normal relationships

1 Like

Re: Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? by soulglo: 11:20pm On Feb 11, 2015
cococandy:
well...to me admiration is allowed.
Saying how pretty some TV ladies are doesn't count as offensive to me because I say that too about some cute male actors.

Lust on its own is a natural thing that catches most of us unawares.
But If he finds himself lusting after a babe,he better not keep dwelling on those feelings especially not in my presence.

Saying it once is enough. Repeat it and I'll give him the evil eye. grin

I Had an ex who was so hung up on Megan Good that he started seeing her in me.
I don't even know if there's an inch of resemblance between me and the lady but he thought so obviously because he was subconsciously using me to make up for not having her. He kept harping on it. And the way he would rush any movie she acted and get so lost in it? Hmmm undecided
Plus Plenty Pictures of her in his phone and laptop too. His own celebrity worship of her was too much.

Most uncomfortable date I ever had.
Was I going to try to be Megan Good?
Or accept that I'm like her to please him?

The thing Didn't last jare. cheesy

This is more like an obsession. Lust on steroids

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? / Photos Of The Dead Actress That Are Still Acting Movie Till Date / As A Woman ,would You Woo A Man? Men Would You Like To Be Wooed By A Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.