Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,215 members, 7,836,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? (2752 Views)

Do you find ladies/women on low cuts attractive? / My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! / My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 20, 2019
Right from time, I have always like my woman on low cut, so this issue came up, not that there is no money to pay for plaiting her hair monthly but I do really admire lowcut on women.
I discussed with my wife concerning this, I even used a married colleague at work as an example.
But my wife says what do I want people to say?, that she is not interested in such. That I can for someone that likes such.
What will You do if Your woman react like this?.
Re: Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? by donbachi(m): 4:47pm On Dec 20, 2019
A woman's hair is her glory.

14 Likes

Re: Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? by sinaj(f): 4:50pm On Dec 20, 2019
You cant force her to do anything to her body against her will.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? by famouscargo4u: 4:50pm On Dec 20, 2019
all a woman's body is for her man. At the same time, the man should be considerate. What would be considered wrong is for the woman to go on low cut without her man's consent.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 20, 2019
sinaj:
You cant force her to do anything to her body against her will.

But is it too much to ask for?, like You request her that you will love her to be on low cut. This is a woman I have sacrificed my past 5 years for.
But her response got me worried. " you can go ahead to get a Lady that is on low cut"
Though we only do see on my vacation, twice in a year because I don't reside in Nigeria.
She knows that I can't go after any other woman since I work in a remote location.
Re: Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? by sinaj(f): 5:07pm On Dec 20, 2019
Dan2000:

But is it too much to ask for?, like You request her that you will love her to be on low cut. This is a woman I have sacrificed my past 5 years for.
But her response got me worried. " you can go ahead to get a Lady that is on low cut"
Though we only do see on my vacation, twice in a year because I don't reside in Nigeria.
She knows that I can't go after any other woman since I work in a remote location.
Its not too much to ask.
As for her response, you know your wife better than anyone here so you should be able to tell if she responded that way coz of the low cut issue or coz of someother issue that is eating her up.

So go back to your wife and talk with her.

4 Likes

Re: Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 20, 2019
famouscargo4u:
all a woman's body is for her man. At the same time, the man should be considerate. What would be considered wrong is for the woman to go on low cut without her man's consent.

What actually brings up the issue is this. I discussed with her that I realised that she do spend less time in studying compared to the time she use in going out, meeting family and other unnecessary things.
Note: we have plans writing IELTS by Jan, but since Sept till date, she haven't covered 50% of the few materials given to her but she prefer spending the whole day with her family, rather than staying in her apartment studying.
I actually shunned off the issue of working under anyone immediately after her NYSC POP around this year July just for the IELTS preparations.
So when I requested such a favour from her and she declined it, I felt bad, like I am here in a remote location working and saving money for the family, no social life, no friends, just only my phone, books, and work.
I felt bad like, I should have migrated alone instead of waiting for her to be through with her studies.
Re: Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 20, 2019
sinaj:
Its not too much to ask.
As for her response, you know your wife better than anyone here so you should be able to tell if she responded that way coz of the low cut issue or coz of someother issue that is eating her up.

So go back to your wife and talk with her.

Thank You.
Re: Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? by famouscargo4u: 5:24pm On Dec 20, 2019
Dan2000:

What actually brings up the issue is this. I discussed with her that I realised that she do spend less time in studying compared to the time she use in going out, meeting family and other unnecessary things.
Note: we have plans writing IELTS by Jan, but since Sept till date, she haven't covered 50% of the few materials given to her but she prefer spending the whole day with her family, rather than staying in her apartment studying.
I actually shunned off the issue of working under anyone immediately after her NYSC POP around this year July just for the IELTS preparations.
So when I requested such a favour from her and she declined it, I felt bad, like I am here in a remote location working and saving money for the family, no social life, no friends, just only my phone, books, and work.
I felt bad like, I should have migrated alone instead of waiting for her to be through with her studies.

Please, be patient with her. You should channel more efforts to her studying and acing the IELTS. if you have to, warn her that if she fails and you pass you will have no choice than to leave her behind. This should make her sit up.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? by doitforyou(f): 5:27pm On Dec 20, 2019
Dan2000:

So when I requested such a favour from her and she declined it, I felt bad, like I am here in a remote location working and saving money for the family.
lol your wife refused to get a haircut so you’re regretting valuable sacrifices you made for your family? Why didn’t you date and marry a woman with a short haircut?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 20, 2019
famouscargo4u:

Please, be patient with her. You should channel more efforts to her studying and acing the IELTS. if you have to, warn her that if she fails and you pass you will have no choice than to leave her behind. This should make her sit up.

I am already on this, hoping that she will understand. Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 20, 2019
doitforyou:

lol your wife refused to get a haircut so you’re regretting valuable sacrifices you made for your family? Why didn’t you date and marry a woman with a short haircut?

We dated for over 5 years before marriage, I actually started dating her while I was in 3rd year in the university, whereas for her being on low cut was never an issue then.
The only thing I realised is that women do change after marriage.
Re: Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? by bukatyne(f): 5:35pm On Dec 20, 2019
Dan2000:

We dated for over 5 years before marriage, I actually started dating her while I was in 3rd year in the university, whereas for her being on low cut was never an issue then.

I don't get.

She was on low cut before you married?
Re: Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? by izzou(m): 5:38pm On Dec 20, 2019
Dan2000:
Right from time, I have always like my woman on low cut, so this issue came up, not that there is no money to pay for plaiting her hair monthly but I do really admire lowcut on women.
I discussed with my wife concerning this, I even used a married colleague at work as an example.
But my wife says what do I want people to say?, that she is not interested in such. That I can for someone that likes such.
What will You do if Your woman react like this?.

Oga, don't scatter your marriage abeg

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 20, 2019
bukatyne:

I don't get.

She was on low cut before you married?

No she was never on low cut, except secondary school days, we use to joke about it then, all her response was that she will have to satisfy her man by all means.
So I was wondering that what's the big deal for a lady to be on low cut, why will she care about how people outside will feel.
Re: Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? by doitforyou(f): 5:40pm On Dec 20, 2019
Dan2000:

There’s nothing wrong in wanting a certain aesthetic preference in your wife but sometimes your preference isn’t mutual and you have to accept that.

The way people wear their hair, what they eat, the kind of songs they love etc is part of them and forcing them to change a part of them is cruel.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 20, 2019
izzou:

Oga, don't scatter your marriage abeg

I meant Ex colleague while I was working in Nigeria some years ago. She once met the Lady in question.
I no fit scatter my marriage boss, sometimes one need to sort things out once and for all. There should be priorities for whatever we want to do.
Re: Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? by izzou(m): 5:45pm On Dec 20, 2019
Dan2000:

I meant Ex colleague while I was working in Nigeria some years ago. She once met the Lady in question.
I no fit scatter my marriage boss, sometimes one need to sort things out once and for all. There should be priorities for whatever we want to do.

If your wife says she admires men on Afro or dreads and wants you to have such without your intentions, how would you feel?

She's human sir. Consider her feelings too. I'm not saying you shouldn't tell her about it, or ask for it. But be able to respect her feelings. She may be uncomfortable on low hair cuts

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 20, 2019
doitforyou:

There’s nothing wrong in wanting a certain aesthetic preference in your wife but sometimes your preference isn’t mutual and you have to accept that.

The way people wear their hair, what they eat, the kind of songs they love etc is part of them and forcing them to change a part of them is cruel.

You are right.
But in a case whereby Your man sacrificed his freedom just for You to be fine, for You not to feel neglected. Won't You do such a simple thing for him as a favour?

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? by sinaj(f): 5:52pm On Dec 20, 2019
Dan2000:

Thank You.
you wlc
Re: Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? by midnighter(f): 5:55pm On Dec 20, 2019
I can't understand this dude at all.

Did you sit her down and explain that you people needed to implement some budget constraints?

Did you challenge her on why she hasn't gotten through enough of the material she was supposed to read?

Or you just randomly told her she needs to go on low cut like one girl from your former office as in I just don't understand how you expected the conversation to go

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 20, 2019
izzou:

If your wife says she admires men on Afro or dreads and wants you to have such without your intentions, how would you feel?

She's human sir. Consider her feelings too. I'm not saying you shouldn't tell her about it, or ask for it. But be able to respect her feelings. She may be uncomfortable on low hair cuts

Seriously I never forced her and I won't, even if we are living together, I will never force her.
I do pay for the hair, but imagine paying for hairstyle that You don't admire, though it always look beautiful on her, but I prefer her natural beauty more, that's just one thing I observed about myself. I do admire her more whenever she loose her hair than using wig or any other hairstyle.
Re: Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 20, 2019
midnighter:
I can't understand this dude at all.

Did you sit her down and explain that you people needed to implement some budget constraints?

Did you challenge her on why she hasn't gotten through enough of the material she was supposed to read?

Or you just randomly told her she needs to go on low cut like one girl from your former office as in I just don't understand how you expected the conversation to go

Its not because of budget. I was just wondering why a woman can't go for a low cut since her man likes it.
Re: Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? by izzou(m): 6:00pm On Dec 20, 2019
Dan2000:

Seriously I never forced her and I won't, even if we are living together, I will never force her.
I do pay for the hair, but imagine paying for hairstyle that You don't admire, though it always look beautiful on her, but I prefer her natural beauty more, that's just one thing I observed about myself. I do admire her more whenever she loose her hair than using wig or any other hairstyle.

Tough decision for you.

Women care about their hair. cry

5 Likes

Re: Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? by bukatyne(f): 6:02pm On Dec 20, 2019
Dan2000:

No she was never on low cut, except secondary school days, we use to joke about it then, all her response was that she will have to satisfy her man by all means.
So I was wondering that what's the big deal for a lady to be on low cut, why will she care about how people outside will feel.

So she was fine with it before marriage.

Sounds familiar.

People say all sorts to clinch the ring.

Well, low cut turns you on. Your sisi does not like low cut.

Fashion has made a compromise...

Wigs! In all shades, lengths, styles etc.

Now if her concern is how she would look in it (low cut doesn't fit everyone and even though she is to please you, she is not an hermit and needs to be confident in her looks), she can try straw curls which mimics low cut and rock it to see how she looks.

Thereafter, she can cut her hair and style as she wishes while wearing wigs everytime she is outside (if she is still not comfortable with it)

If after all said and done, she doesn't like to cut her hair, leave her.

There are other things you like that she does/ will do.

On a side note, long hair is the crown of a woman; another reason she might not want to cut it.
Re: Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? by Pavore9: 6:03pm On Dec 20, 2019
The word "force" is not a healthy verb in a marriage.

5 Likes

Re: Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 20, 2019
izzou:

Tough decision for you.

Women care about their hair. cry

Its true Bro... I will have to let go of such an idea, it's easy for a man to compromise for his woman.
Re: Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? by izzou(m): 6:08pm On Dec 20, 2019
Dan2000:

Its true Bro... I will have to let go of such an idea, it's easy for a man to compromise for his woman.

It's not about gender sir.

There are stuffs we can easily give up easily, while there are some that we won't and can't give up.

Her hair is dear to her, that's what I think

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? by midnighter(f): 6:10pm On Dec 20, 2019
Dan2000:

Its not because of budget. I was just wondering why a woman can't go for a low cut since her man likes it.

Oh.

Well I think she told you that SHE doesn't like it on herself I think that's supposed to be enough of an answer for you

But on second thoughts I commend you for liking the low cut because most of the time it's the other way around with the lady begging the guy to let her shave her head.

Hmm! You'd better convince her if that's what you want but it depends what her everyday life is like. I'm sure she doesn't want people to say that she's suffering or running low on money
Re: Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? by cococandy(f): 6:11pm On Dec 20, 2019
Why don’t you cut your own hair and admire yourself?

All these married children self

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? by cococandy(f): 6:16pm On Dec 20, 2019
Dan2000:

If she wants you to start braiding your hair to please her would you?

It doesn’t matter if she liked it before, if she doesn’t like it now then you should be fine with it. it’s her body.

She has autonomy over her body. Her style. Her outfits. Whatever makes her feel good about herself.

Personal autonomy over body is something everyone is entitled to. Tastes change over time. All you can be is supportive or suggest what you prefer but never force .
It’s up to her to decide whether or not to go along with your preferred style.

Creating problems where there are none

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Man Force His Wife To Go On Low Cut? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 20, 2019
midnighter:

Oh.

Well I think she told you that SHE doesn't like it on herself I think that's supposed to be enough of an answer for you

But on second thoughts I commend you for liking the low cut because most of the time it's the other way around with the lady begging the guy to let her shave her head.

Hmm! You'd better convince her if that's what you want but it depends what her everyday life is like. I'm sure [b]she doesn't want people to say that she's suffering or running low on [/b]money

Maybe, she is worried about such. I will zero my mind about it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aisha Gaddafi (muammar Gaddafi's Daughter) Supports Her Father Would You? / She Was Raped By Her Gynecologist, Pls Advice! / I Have One Month Left To Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.