Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' (1550 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Will Continue Agitation For Igbo Nation – Wife / Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession / Pro-jonathan Elements Behind Renewed Agitation For Biafra - Senator Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' by Justcash(m): 11:45pm On Feb 11, 2015
I was an ardent agitator for the resolution of the minority question in Nigeria. Today, I have given up on that cause. I have finally made up my mind to never support any future agitation geared towards eliminating the marginalization of, especially, the southern minority groups in the economic and political existence of Nigeria.

If many Nigerians from the southern minority groups can feel that taking power from GEJ (a southern minority) represents change, irrespective of his commendable performance, why should I, an Igbo man, have to think otherwise? They have forgotten so fast that they were only able to taste political power through sheer luck.

I can bet with anything that they will never see this opportunity again for a very very long time. Those that expect that they will get a fair opportunity to choose their leaders in the future should wake up from their deep slumber.

I thank God that I'm alive to experience the current electoral dispensation.

I'll start by not traveling home to vote as I planned, because I don't want to waste my vote on GEJ
Re: I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' by Kennywills7(m): 12:24am On Feb 12, 2015
Why do u feel ur vote for Gej is a waste brother?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' by Kennywills7(m): 12:43am On Feb 12, 2015
Justcash:
I was an ardent agitator for the resolution of the minority question in Nigeria. Today, I have given up on that cause. I have finally made up my mind to never support any future agitation geared towards eliminating the marginalization of, especially, the southern minority groups in the economic and political existence of Nigeria.

If many Nigerians from the southern minority groups can feel that taking power from GEJ (a southern minority) represents change, irrespective of his commendable performance, why should I, an Igbo man, have to think otherwise? They have forgotten so fast that they were only able to taste political power through sheer luck.

I can bet with anything that they will never see this opportunity again for a very very long time. Those that expect that they will get a fair opportunity to choose their leaders in the future should wake up from their deep slumber.

I'll start by not traveling home to vote as I planned, because I don't want to waste my vote on GEJ
Brother because others are doing what they don't understand does not mean we should all join dem, i urge u to pls reconsider ur decision, if we should abandon him because of propagandas and political blackmails, 2moro we might b regretting
We can try our best and leave d rest for God to handle

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' by Change2015(m): 1:19am On Feb 12, 2015
The election is where the people decide if the incumbents term in office is 'commendable' or not? The election is where people decide if they want to replace their leaders or not. Why is Jonathan wriggling out of facing the people's judgement, if he feels like you, that his performance has been 'commendable'? Simple question.

#change
#GMB
#APC

7 Likes

Re: I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' by Justcash(m): 2:16am On Feb 12, 2015
Kennywills7:
Why do u feel ur vote for Gej is a waste brother?

It will be a big waste because the people, for whom I'd have voted to ensure that they complete their equitable political share in Nigeria, are mostly leaning towards Buhari for reasons that they can't explain. I'll better stay off than cry more than the bereaved.

JONATHAN has not performed badly, even though he can do better. Why are his own people itching to kick him out? Yet, in a matter of months, the same people will take to the streets protesting against marginalization. It is a shame.

3 Likes

Re: I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' by Justcash(m): 2:19am On Feb 12, 2015
Kennywills7:

Brother because others are doing what they don't understand does not mean we should all join dem, i urge u to pls reconsider ur decision, if we should abandon him because of propagandas and political blackmails, 2moro we might b regretting
We can try our best and leave d rest for God to handle

My brother, it is too late. I did not board my flight home and I don't intend to arrange any new one. I wish GEJ and the Nigerian minority groups lots of luck. I'm eagerly waiting to say Goodmorning to Niger-Deltans mostly.
Re: I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' by Justcash(m): 2:21am On Feb 12, 2015
Change2015:
The election is where the people decide if the incumbents term in office is 'commendable' or not? The election is where people decide if they want to replace their leaders or not. Why is Jonathan wriggling out of facing the people's judgement, if he feels like you, that his performance has been 'commendable'? Simple question.

#change
#GMB
#APC

Mr Man, if you can't see the progress that GEJ has made, go and get medicated spectacles that are as thick as the bottom of a coke bottle. I don't have time to educate your biased mind.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' by SkyBlue1: 2:31am On Feb 12, 2015
Justcash:

@OP Fortunately most people don't see everything through the lens of ethnicity like you do, including the so called minorities whose cause you are "fighting". For many people it is a simple matter of performance. The Jonathan you are shouting about has done little to nothing to develop the region he comes from and the people have not felt his impact, so what on earth are you talking about? His campaign in the Niger delta region mostly consisted of him going round and being told he has not done anything for the region. For a lot of people the issue is simply performance in the context of resources available. What is Bayelsa like today with the Jonathan presidency?

4 Likes

Re: I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' by Kennywills7(m): 2:34am On Feb 12, 2015
Justcash:

It will be a big waste because the people, for whom I'd have voted to ensure that they complete their equitable political share in Nigeria, are mostly leaning towards Buhari for reasons that they can't explain. I'll better stay off than cry more than the bereaved.

JONATHAN has not performed badly, even though he can do better. Why are his own people itching to kick him out? Yet, in a matter of months, the same people will take to the streets protesting against marginalization. It is a shame.
I feel ur pains brother, its sad but am still here trying to see if i can change a few minds because d south is about to make a political blunder which will forever divide it, personally am not oppose to a better government but d one they are offering to is not wot we seek, its even worst than d present gej lead PDP
I know d elections are not won on social media so am keeping my fingers crossed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' by Justcash(m): 3:18am On Feb 12, 2015
SkyBlue1:

@OP Fortunately most people don't see everything through the lens of ethnicity like you do, including the so called minorities whose cause you are "fighting". For many people it is a simple matter of performance. The Jonathan you are shouting about has done little to nothing to develop the region he comes from and the people have not felt his impact, so what on earth are you talking about? His campaign in the Niger delta region mostly consisted of him going round and being told he has not done anything for the region. For a lot of people the issue is simply performance in the context of resources available. What is Bayelsa like today with the Jonathan presidency?

Nigerian politics, right from independence, has never been about merit. If it was about merit, Buhari would not have been qualified to contest. It is about ethno-religious concerns, which is what the reality is as much as Nigerians like you will do everything to deny it.

Those of you screaming performance, especially those from Niger-Delta, will realize in the first two years of Buhari's regime that you have committed a big blunder, and there will be no way to reverse it because the Clique will tighten up their grips this time.

2 Likes

Re: I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' by tit(f): 4:20am On Feb 12, 2015
Justcash:

Mr Man, if you can't see the progress that GEJ has made, go and get medicated spectacles that are as thick as the bottom of a coke bottle. I don't have time to educate your biased mind.

God bless you with naira, dollar and pound!
Re: I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' by luvmijeje(f): 4:32am On Feb 12, 2015
many Nigerians from the southern minority groups can feel that taking power from GEJ (a southern minority) represents change, irrespective of his commendable performance, why should I, an Igbo man, have to think otherwise? They have forgotten so fast that they were only able to taste political power through sheer luck

So what do you want them to do? I don't understand why you are emotionally blackmailing those who don't have your parochial outlook.

4 Likes

Re: I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' by baby124: 4:38am On Feb 12, 2015
Story for the God's. People have moved past sentiments. The post of the presidency is no longer for sentimental people. What can you do to improve Nigeria If you have no viable and workable plan, step aside so that Nigeria can move on and grow. We have tried sentiments, it did not work.Now we will try progress or change and see if it will work. If the so called proponents of change fail, they will be chased away. This will teach politicians that at the end of the day, it is in their best interest to do the will of the people. Sychophants will never win you an election. Facts since 1800. How can a country like Nigeria not have stable electricity in 2015. We live in conditions people in the Middle Ages will frown at. Are you joking or what

5 Likes

Re: I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' by Justcash(m): 4:43am On Feb 12, 2015
luvmijeje:

So what do you want them to do? I don't understand why you are emotionally blackmailing those who don't have your parochial outlook.

It is one thing to blackmail someone, it is another for someone to feel blackmailed. If you feel blackmailed, then you are doing something that is not right. The reason for that feeling is left for you to figure out. However, I can't spend my precious time blackmailing you when you have NOTHING to offer me.

N/B: I'd blackmail you if you had something to offer me. I am not a saint, I am "JustCash".
Re: I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' by Justcash(m): 4:52am On Feb 12, 2015
baby124:
Story for the God's. People have moved past sentiments. The post of the presidency is no longer for sentimental people. What can you do to improve Nigeria If you have no viable and workable plan, step aside so that Nigeria can move on and grow. We have tried sentiments, it did not work.Now we will try progress or change and see if it will work. If the so called proponents of change fail, they will be chased away. This will teach politicians that at the end of the day, it is in their best interest to do the will of the people. Sychophants will never win you an election. Facts since 1800. How can a country like Nigeria not have stable electricity in 2015. We live in conditions people in the Middle Ages will frown at. Are you joking or what

OBJ had a viable plan abi? That was why he stayed 8 uninterrupted years. If Yar'adua (baba go slow) was alive, would you have had the audacity to claim your right to vote? Was he not rigged in? Why didn't Nigeria burn? Now it's time for a minority from the South, change and performance has become important even when he has performed. Y'all are eager to deny him 4 extra years because he is GOODLUCK JONATHAN, a toothless dog from the South South. Suddenly, OBJ, ATIKU, IBB, TINUBU are ganging up against him. Smh.

I blame Jona for giving you the audacity to brag about a voting right that was useless before he emerged as the president. You will lose that voting right soon, under BUHARI'S dynasty, and all these your noise will turn to helplessness and fear. I'll be watching you from Brisbane then.
Re: I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' by courage54(m): 4:53am On Feb 12, 2015
OP blame it on Jonathan who has refuse to prove himself worthy of our support. I am from Niger-delta and I can categorically tell you that Jonathan has done nothing for Nigeria and for his home town. And God forbid I support him for a second term of looting.

#IHaveDecided

God bless Buhari

5 Likes

Re: I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' by luvmijeje(f): 4:54am On Feb 12, 2015
Justcash:

It is one thing to blackmail someone, it is another for someone to feel blackmailed. If you feel blackmailed, then you are doing something that is not right. The reason for that feeling is left for you to figure out. However, I can't spend my precious time blackmailing you when you have NOTHING to offer me.

N/B: I'd blackmail you if you had something to offer me. I am not a saint, I am "JustCash".
Saying you will no longer support Jonathan because those in minorities don't support him is blackmail. Democracy is still about the majority having their ways. So please tell your dear president that election must hold.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' by Justcash(m): 4:56am On Feb 12, 2015
courage54:
OP blame it on Jonathan who has refuse to prove himself worthy of our support. I am from Niger-delta and I can categorically tell you that Jonathan has done nothing for Nigeria and for his home town. And God forbid I support him for a second term of looting.

#IHaveDecided

God bless Buhari

My post was specifically meant for people like you. I wish you lots of luck in your dream for eldorado. I'll be the first to insult you and your people if I hear pim about marginalization. Common sense is not common.

1 Like

Re: I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' by Justcash(m): 4:59am On Feb 12, 2015
luvmijeje:

Saying you will no longer support Jonathan because those in minorities don't support him is blackmail. Democracy is still about the majority having their ways. So please tell your dare president that election must hold.

You don't need to feel blackmailed if you are affirmative about your decision. I'm sure that elections will be held, and by the special grace of almighty God, Buhari will win. Then, We'll see how the market will be when dawn comes.

1 Like

Re: I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' by baby124: 5:06am On Feb 12, 2015
Justcash:

OBJ had a viable plan abi? That was why he stayed 8 uninterrupted years. If Yar'adua (baba go slow) was alive, would you have had the audacity to claim your right to vote? Was he not rigged in? Why didn't Nigeria burn?
I blame Jona for giving you the audacity to brag about a voting right that was useless before he emerged as the president. You will lose that voting right soon, under BUHARI'S dynasty, and all these your noise will turn to helplessness and fear. I'll be watching you from Brisbane then.
If you can consciously type such an atrocity. Then your post loses all credibility. Let me ask you a question. How did Jonathan become acting president? Was it not the people that fought to put the so called minority there against all cabals and all odds How did he become president as a minority? The people defended their votes and voted for him. What did he do with his opportunity? He went there and told us he did not give a damn. Let me remind you that a whole sitting president of some of the most educated black people in the world can come on TV and say boldly that stealing is not corruption.
I ask you, what is the gain of such a presidency. What exactly can we point to that he has done and is actually working. How come your post is not filled with issues based argument on what Jonathan's plans are for president.
Look, a president every day on his job should be working for the people's votes. Not for a cabal who have deceived him that they are important and can save him. They are just there for what they can eat. And will move on to hopefully not deceive the next president. They are professional sychophants, any foolish president that falls for their lies will fall to ruin.
Will sentiments put food on my table? Send my children to school ? Provide electricity? Provide healthcare? Secure my pension so that I will not be a beggar or die from hunger in old age? NO. Our votes for better will make that possible. Open a thread based on issues because sentiments are dead. They obviously don't work and are dragging us into dirty pits

6 Likes

Re: I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' by courage54(m): 5:09am On Feb 12, 2015
Justcash:

My post was specifically meant for people like you. I wish you lots of luck in your dream for eldorado. I'll be the first to insult you and your people if I hear pim about marginalization. Common sense is not common.

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahah

Keep crying more than the brief, we beg you for support? When was the last time someone from your region attain the height of presidency? We have seen it all and we can always get it when we have the right candidate. So spear of your ranting. So because Jonathan is a southerner we should just keep supporting him even when he is not performing, even when billions of dollars are missing under his nose and even when people are dying in thousands because of his clueless decisions and actions. Oga abeg pack well jare

3 Likes

Re: I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' by Justcash(m): 5:09am On Feb 12, 2015
baby124:

If you can consciously type such an atrocity. Then your post loses all credibility. Let me ask you a question. How did Jonathan become acting president? Was it not the people that fought to put the so called minority there against all cabals and all odds How did he become president as a minority? The people defended their votes and voted for him. What did he do with his opportunity? He went there and told us he did not give a damn. Let me remind you that a whole sitting president of some of the most educated black people in the world can come on TV and say boldly that stealing is not corruption. I ask you, what is the gain of such a presidency. What exactly can we point to that he has done and is actually working. How come your post is not filled with issues based argument on what Jonathan's plans are for president. Look, a president every day on his job should be working for the people's votes. Not for a cabal who have deceived him that they are important and can save him. They are just there for what they can eat. Will sentiments put food on my table? Send my children to school ? Provide electricity? Provide healthcare? Secure my pension so that I will not be a beggar or die from hunger in old age? NO. Our votes for better will make that possible. Open a thread based on issues because sentiments are dead. They obviously don't work and are dragging us into dirty pits

Which people fought for him? Lmao! If GEJ was not the acting president or if a Northerner was put in charge as an interim president, do you think your vote would have counted?

Keep deceiving yourself. You better be grateful to GEJ for the efficacy of your vote.
Re: I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' by baby124: 5:11am On Feb 12, 2015
Justcash:

Which people fought for him? Lmao! If GEJ was not the acting president or if a Northerner was put in charge as an interim president, do you think your vote would have counted?

Keep deceiving yourself. You better be grateful to GEJ for the efficacy of your vote.
You must have been in a coma when Turai almost made Jonathan head cook in her kitchen before he was rescued by the people. Your lies and convenient tears do not work anymore. Grateful to Jonathan for what? That possibly money that can change the lives of people for 50yrs or even generations have been stolen and wasted on foolish things. At a time where every government in the world is spending wisely. Our Jonathan bought how many private jets? I think the last count was 10. Feel free to correct me

3 Likes

Re: I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' by Justcash(m): 5:11am On Feb 12, 2015
courage54:

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahah

Keep crying more than the brief, we beg you for support? When was the last time someone from your region attain the height of presidency? We have seen it all and we can always get it when we have the right candidate. So spear of your ranting. So because Jonathan is a southerner we should just keep supporting him even when he is not performing, even when billions of dollars are missing under his nose and even when people are dying in thousands because of his clueless decisions and actions. Oga abeg pack well jare

I don park well. You don't need to support him. It doesn't matter to me anyway. I ain't voting. I've marked your name. If I hear you cry marginalization in few years to come, I go look for you for proper flogging.
Re: I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' by Justcash(m): 5:15am On Feb 12, 2015
baby124:

You must have been in a coma when Turai almost made Jonathan head cook in her kitchen before he was rescued by the people.

You mean you actually thought it was your voting power that brought Jonathan to power. Lmao! Mhen, you are hilarious. Jonathan was the acting president, he was in control. Turai was the First Lady, she was doing gra gra. If Turai was made the acting president, Jonathan for no smell aso talkless of rock, no matter how much you wanted to vote for him.
Re: I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' by theV0ice: 5:20am On Feb 12, 2015
baby124:

If you can consciously type such an atrocity. Then your post loses all credibility. Let me ask you a question. How did Jonathan become acting president? Was it not the people that fought to put the so called minority there against all cabals and all odds How did he become president as a minority? The people defended their votes and voted for him. What did he do with his opportunity? He went there and told us he did not give a damn. Let me remind you that a whole sitting president of some of the most educated black people in the world can come on TV and say boldly that stealing is not corruption.
I ask you, what is the gain of such a presidency. What exactly can we point to that he has done and is actually working. How come your post is not filled with issues based argument on what Jonathan's plans are for president.
Look, a president every day on his job should be working for the people's votes. Not for a cabal who have deceived him that they are important and can save him. They are just there for what they can eat. And will move on to hopefully not deceive the next president. They are professional sychophants, any foolish president that falls for their lies will fall to ruin.
Will sentiments put food on my table? Send my children to school ? Provide electricity? Provide healthcare? Secure my pension so that I will not be a beggar or die from hunger in old age? NO. Our votes for better will make that possible. Open a thread based on issues because sentiments are dead. They obviously don't work and are dragging us into dirty pits

100000000 likes for you

1 Like

Re: I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' by theV0ice: 5:27am On Feb 12, 2015
Justcash:

You mean you actually thought it was your voting power that brought Jonathan to power. Lmao! Mhen, you are hilarious. Jonathan was the acting president, he was in control. Turai was the First Lady, she was doing gra gra. If Turai was made the acting president, Jonathan for no smell aso talkless of rock, no matter how much you wanted to vote for him.

what or who made him acting president? incase you don't know, like baby124 said, It was the people on the street led by those you like to despise e.g Soyinka, Bakare, Odumakin, Falana etc that forced the senate to invoke the doctrine of necessity to make him president. When he got into the seat, instead of looking to the people, he concentrated the country's resources into making billionaires out of a new cabal and militants to the detriment of even law abiding and qualified Niger Deltans. Go to the streets of PH and Warri and see militant warlords wasting money while law abiding citizens wallow in abject poverty. I guess it's the majority groups that also asked him to neglect them?

1 Like

Re: I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' by Justcash(m): 5:55am On Feb 12, 2015
theV0ice:

what or who made him acting president? incase you don't know, like baby124 said, It was the people on the street led by those you like to despise e.g Soyinka, Bakare, Odumakin, Falana etc that forced the senate to invoke the doctrine of necessity to make him president. When he got into the seat, instead of looking to the people, he concentrated the country's resources into making billionaires out of a new cabal and militants to the detriment of even law abiding and qualified Niger Deltans. Go to the streets of PH and Warri and see militant warlords wasting money while law abiding citizens wallow in abject poverty. I guess it's the majority groups that also asked him to neglect them?

The agitation has always been there. The question is, how effective has it been. The masses did not make GEJ the acting president. OBJ AND HIS CRONIES GUIDED HIM TO TAKE IT. The Cabal was beaten because GEJ WAS THE VICE PRESIDENT, and OBJ, a political god-father, was behind him. If there was an interim government led by another politician, GEJ would have been systematically sidelined. Una for protest tire.

I was there live.

1 Like

Re: I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' by PassingShot(m): 6:09am On Feb 12, 2015
OP, you are one of the reasons Nigeria is where it is today. It is shameful that you can come out and say your support was based on ethnicity/region or religion and not on qualifications and ability to perform.

We all blame this particular system (Federal character) as was used in the past and we now clamor for competence and ability to deliver. How come that in 2015 people like you still give your support on the basis of this myopic, tried and failed system? It is this same bias that has brought Nigeria to this current situation we are because many Nigerians knew that Jonathan was not qualified to be a good president but we voted for him (I didn't vote for him then sha) because of his region and religion.

As Buhari said in his address to the catholic gathering few days back, when the economy is bad, the resultant negative effects do not discriminate between Muslims, Christains, Ijaw, Hausa, Yoruba or Igbo. And when it is robust and doing fine, we all prosper irrespective of our religion or ethnicity.

1 Like

Re: I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' by theV0ice: 7:07am On Feb 12, 2015
Justcash:

The agitation has always been there. The question is, how effective has it been. The masses did not make GEJ the acting president. OBJ AND HIS CRONIES GUIDED HIM TO TAKE IT. The Cabal was beaten because GEJ WAS THE VICE PRESIDENT, and OBJ, a political god-father, was behind him. If there was an interim government led by another politician, GEJ would have been systematically sidelined. Una for protest tire.

I was there live.

OBJ didn't come back into the picture until yarádua died and gej became substantive president. from then on, OBJ guided him to defeat Atiku at the PDP primaries and the rest was easy because most nigerians were behind him and the opposition was in disarray.

the people forced the senate to act otherwise turai and the cabal would have continued ruling.
Re: I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' by owobokiri(m): 7:49am On Feb 12, 2015
LI don't think the minorities are against him, maybe a proud section of the northern. Nigerian created south south elite. There also exist a reasonable frustration with the timid level of infastructural development in this area under his watch.. and that is totally understandable. Jonathan, just like ironsi became too Nigerian for his own political good.I just hope that he gets the second chance to make some amends by focusing mainly in the development of these less developed areas. . It is also very ironic, very revealing that places like the north where he did lotsz of work now throw up all kinds of rascally opposition against him. Good students of Nigerias politics know this will be the case, unfortunately jonathan played right into their trap. He has himself to blame.

That said, I am even more concerned with the fact that two or three ethnic groups in Nigeria can meet together and decide to rotate the presidency amongst themselves. . , that is 1959 politics being played in 2015! It will backfire! Decentralisation of power, dessolution of power, and rotation of power are necessary integrals in the body-politik of a multi-national state like Nigeria. The war against jonathan is not necesssarily because he is not performing even if he has underperformed. Forget all the sexy talks about "change", this man is being hounded so as to get ethnic upstarts like buhari and osibanjo into Aso rock. If they succed and the minorities feeling cheated together with the igbos react violently, we may e have a worse problem than boko haram in our hands. Nigeria can't survive that.

2 Likes

Re: I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' by BlackBaron: 7:50am On Feb 12, 2015
There was a missed chance for this current regime to cede greater control and power to especially oil producing regions.

I had thought one of the major outcome of the conference thingy would be to push for greater allocations for their oil regions but seemed those nominated went there for their own reason and a huge pay day. Same goes with the little development in the Niger Delta that rather made militants richer at the expense of ththeir communities.

The minority bit is confusing, Nigeria is about everyone collectively as a group, Jonathan failed to consolidate in some areas and now increasingly facing backlash than that that brought him to power. If another day, a minority candidate with proven mettle emerges, he'll more likely take the day against any person.
Not forgetting also though, politics is a game of numbers and open to sentiment voting. Same way you want to vote for one from your region is the same way another would vote for one too, others because of their pocket and so on.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Owns The Popular Online News Agency "Sahara Reporters" / Buhari’ll Reduce Petrol To N40/L —david-west / BUHARI'S MINISTERS: Amaechi, Fashola, Others Make List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.