Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

President Jonathan’s Media Chat Covers INEC, Haram,and Election Postponement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan’s Media Chat Covers INEC, Haram,and Election Postponement (466 Views)

Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat / GEJ Media Chat On AIT, NTA: Live Updates / Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan’s Media Chat Covers INEC, Haram,and Election Postponement by argon500: 1:51am On Feb 12, 2015
President Jonathan made it clear that “elections will be conducted in this country and the government will be inaugurated on May 29th of this year.”

President Goodluck Jonathan spoke in an intimate setting with four members of the press. President Jonathan’s media chat did not mention any major policy changes or announcements, and served to reinforce his position on issues of security and the general elections.

When asked about his confidence in the Independent National Electoral Commission Chairman, Attahiru Jega he responded, “if I feel that Jega is not good enough, for obvious reasons, then I can by provisions in the Constitution that gives the person who appoints the power to remove, and I’ve not told anybody I’m going to remove Jega.” His position, however, seems to conflict with statements from other Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) leaders who last week called for Jega’s resignation and incarceration.

On the Chibok girls, President Jonathan asked not to be quoted when the issue will be resolved but did reassure the Nigerian public that “the issues of Chibok girls will get better.”

President Jonathan was puzzled by what he calls “the politiziation of Boko Haram.” He said that “I can’t even imagine someone insinuating that I [would be responsible] for politicizing Boko Haram.” President Jonathan reinforced his previous statements that he is taking the insecurity problems in the north serious, and that elections could not be held this week because of public safety.

President Jonathan made it clear that “elections will be conducted in this country and the government will be inaugurated on May 29th of this year.”

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2015/02/11/president-jonathan%E2%80%99s-media-chat-covers-inec-boko-haram-and-election-postponement
Re: President Jonathan’s Media Chat Covers INEC, Haram,and Election Postponement by kodded(m): 2:25am On Feb 12, 2015
sai GEJ cool
Re: President Jonathan’s Media Chat Covers INEC, Haram,and Election Postponement by saintTim(m): 3:26am On Feb 12, 2015
when will buhari have a media chart biko

(1) (Reply)

INEC Officials At Local Government Secretariats, Not Serious. / Why Blame OBJ For GEJ Failure. / ''i’ll Flee Nigeria If APC Wins'' — Bode George

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.