Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,576 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief (4382 Views)

The Absurdity Of Atheism / The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. / The Absurdity Of The Bible And Biblical Beliefs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by mazaje(m): 5:11pm On Jan 03, 2009
On Xmas Day, "pastor" Rick Warren, the currently-celebrated evangelist who is on every TV screen and front page as the hand-picked preacher to deliver the invocation of divine magic at the Obama inauguration ceremony, gave an effusive, rambling account on the NBC Today Show that demonstrated his incredible naivety about rational thinking and how disconnected his brand of religion - at least - is from reality. He was gushing over a miracle that he said had "blessed" his family.

The facts: Warren said that his daughter-in-law Jaime gave birth to her first child six weeks prematurely, though he can't seem to remember whether it was five, six, or seven weeks, since he gave all three figures, The hospital, he said, performed a C-section to save the baby's life - and the mother's. In that procedure, Warren said, they discovered that it was a "breech baby," that the umbilical cord was wrapped around the baby's neck and it was not receiving oxygen.
If Jaime had tried to give birth in the normal way, at the normal time, and if she'd "pushed" during the delivery, it might have killed both her and the child. What they didn't know at the time, but then discovered, was that the mother had what Warren described as a "three-inch" brain tumor - which may be hyperbolic, since I think that such a growth might be visually evident.

But consider: the baby was in a breech situation, a critical position arranged by God; this was remedied by medical science during the Caesarian procedure, an invention by Man to thwart natural disasters brought about by a not-uncommon imperfection of the human body - which is also God's design. And the baby's umbilical cord had shut off oxygen-rich blood, another design error, or maybe a purposeful Act of God. The mother had a sizeable brain tumor, placed there by God, who we're told creates all these things.

And the Divine solution to this problem, according to Rick Warren? God - who, remember, is the Creator of Heaven and Earth, Omnipotent and Omniscient, knows all, the One who can do anything He wishes - arranged the oxygen-deprived baby in a breech position, bringing about a crisis that medical science had to avert by performing an operation. And He thereafter allowed medical science to detect the tumor, which is still in place, being poorly placed for access by surgery. Who designed this scenario - Rube Goldberg, ?

I ask, is this God character a comedian, using humans as His marionettes for amusement? Does He get His kicks by manipulating us just for laughs? Was this near-disaster for the Warren family just a sort of Divine whim? How can Rick Warren see this as a demonstration of God's mercy - a miracle, yet! - rather than as a cruel, capricious, joke? A caring God would not have created and placed that brain tumor in the mother, would not have designed the process of gestation-and-birth so that oxygen starvation and breech delivery are possible, and would not be playing with the lives and security of humans, who He claims to have designed and created - out of dirt, yet. Doing this, putting humans in danger of death, is a purposeful act that He Himself has already declared to be a sin. Just who makes the rules in this stupid morality play, ?

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/swift-blog/363-i-dont-get-the-joke-my-year-end-tirade.html
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by busybein: 5:30pm On Jan 03, 2009
God is a miracle working God
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:19pm On Jan 03, 2009
Hehehehehehe husband and wife mata lol cheesy
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by mazaje(m): 7:34pm On Jan 03, 2009
busybein:

God is a miracle working God

what kind of miracle? wrapping a baby's umbilical cord around the baby's neck so that the baby was not receiving oxygen or arranging the oxygen-deprived baby in a breech position,?
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by JJYOU: 7:53pm On Jan 03, 2009
mazaje:

what kind of miracle? wrapping a baby's umbilical cord around the baby's neck so that the baby was not receiving oxygen or arranging the oxygen-deprived baby in a breech position,?

na so u go let people matter give u heart attack. God hater. go sit down jare
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by mazaje(m): 8:44pm On Jan 03, 2009
JJYOU:

na so u go let people matter give u heart attack. God hater. go sit down jare

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by bawomolo(m): 9:54pm On Jan 03, 2009
lol it's a miracle working God
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by duduspace(m): 10:36pm On Jan 03, 2009
@Mazaje

You've got to keep in mind that the guy is a pastor, if he starts hating God now and makes it public, where him garri go come tomorrow?
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by bindex(m): 11:17pm On Jan 03, 2009
mazaje:

Mazaje yane? since christains believe that the bible God creates people, I wonder what the innocent baby did to him that he decided to wrap the baby's umbilical cord around the baby's neck so that the baby was not receiving oxygen or arranging the deprived baby in a breech position. Any way since the bible God is on record for trying to kill his best friend moses for no good reason I believe wrapping a baby's umbilical cord around the baby's neck and depriving the baby of oxygen will not be a difficult thing for him to do.
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by mazaje(m): 12:59am On Jan 04, 2009
bindex:

Mazaje yane? since christains believe that the bible God creates people, I wonder what the innocent baby did to him that he decided to wrap the baby's umbilical cord around the baby's neck so that the baby was not receiving oxygen or arranging the deprived baby in a breech position. Any way since the bible God is on record for trying to kill his best friend moses for no good reason I believe wrapping a baby's umbilical cord around the baby's neck and depriving the baby of oxygen will not be a difficult thing for him to do.

christains believe that their imaginary biblegod is the most merciful personality ever.even after trying to kill his friend moses because of circumcision they still find it odd that we ridicule such a personality that commanded or slaughtered millions and millions of people, including children and infants? in some cases because they did simple things as carrying sticks on a sabbath, burned incense near his place of worship or for simply worshipping other gods, despite the fact that they believed he gave the people freewill to do so. there is simply no good in the biblegod, even after his magical new testament transformation. should a serial killer be forgiven for all his crimes because he changes his mind afterward? no. imagine christans calling allah a god of war and murder when their own god is no better. its completely ridiculous.
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by busybein: 1:18am On Jan 04, 2009
mazaje:

did the baby die?nope

all dis is for the name of the God to be glorified
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by mazaje(m): 1:22am On Jan 04, 2009
busybein:

did the baby die?nope

all this is for the name of the God to be glorified

glorified how? was it the biblegod that performed the surgery or men? without men performing the surgery the baby and mother would both have died.
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by busybein: 1:23am On Jan 04, 2009
mazaje:

glorified how? was it the biblegod that performed the surgery or men?

God uses pple to save pple
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by mazaje(m): 1:25am On Jan 04, 2009
busybein:

God uses people to save people

what about other people that were in this condition and called on the name of the biblegod but still died? did their deaths happen so that the name of the god could be glorified?
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by busybein: 1:27am On Jan 04, 2009
mazaje:

what about other people that were in this condition and called on the name of the biblegod but still died? did their deaths happen so that the name of the god could be glorified?

if they had called upon the name of God with faith in their hearts,they would have been saved
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by mazaje(m): 1:35am On Jan 04, 2009
busybein:

if they had called upon the name of God with faith in their hearts,they would have been saved

you don start again with this convoluted excuses of yours abi? who told you that they called upon the name of the lord without faith in their hearts? remember you still have not told me the name of the church where my friends can go and pray on their altar and get healed of their HIV/AIDs.
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by mazaje(m): 1:49am On Jan 04, 2009
busybein my lovely wife you don run? grin grin grin
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by busybein: 1:49am On Jan 04, 2009
mazaje:

you don start again with this convoluted excuses of yours abi?

grin grin grin grin grin grin

who told you that they called upon the name of the lord without faith in their hearts?

with faith in our hearts,our prayers will be answered,call upon the name of the Lord in truth and in spirit he will surely answer,he does not fail his pple

remember you still have not told me the name of the church where my friends can go and pray on their altar and get healed of their HIV/AIDs.
 shocked shocked shocked so u have friends wt Aids? shocked shocked for dat no more bedroom business cool ,tell ur friends dat the church is in their hearts,the heart makes up the church,u must believe in ur heart before anything happens,God is in their hearts,all they have to do is call upon him
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by busybein: 1:50am On Jan 04, 2009
mazaje:

busybein my lovely wife you don run?  grin grin grin

me run from u? shocked na u go run naaa,by d time i ride on u cool cool
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by mazaje(m): 1:56am On Jan 04, 2009
busybein:

me run from u? shocked na u go run naaa,by d time i ride on u cool cool

haba baby make we no spoil and expose our selves for here now. na for room we suppose dey talk all this talk abi how you see am. i for no mind make you ride on me now ohh, cold dey here no be small. cool cool
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by busybein: 1:59am On Jan 04, 2009
mazaje:

haba baby make we no spoil and expose our selves for here now. na for room we suppose dey talk all this talk abi how you see am. i for no mind make you ride on me now ohh, cold dey here no be small. cool cool

grin grin bedroom?i no dey do bedroom again,i better do kitchen sink,bath tub,whilst standing on d wall,eating table,inside d car or floor cool cool  after d whole ride,summer will begin inside ur body cool busybein is no mouth maker but an aggressor cool
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by mazaje(m): 2:04am On Jan 04, 2009
busybein:

grin grin bedroom?i no dey do bedroom again,i better do kitchen sink,bath tub,whilst standing on d wall,eating table,inside d car or floor cool cool  after d whole ride,summer will begin inside ur body cool busybein is no mouth maker but an aggressor cool

wow! ohhh nice. . . .am an aggressor too who loves doing it everywhere remember i have lots of pleasurable tricks you have never experienced any where before. by the way busybein which church do you attend? i want to take my friends to visit that altar. abi how you see am, lol
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by busybein: 2:08am On Jan 04, 2009
mazaje:

wow! ohhh nice. . . .am an aggressor too who loves doing it everywhere remember[b] i have lots of pleasurable tricks you have never experienced any where before. [/b]

you want to bet? wink busybein is far gone in d business of maximum satisfaction,i need a medal sef cool

by the way busybein which church do you attend? i want to take my friends to visit that altar. abi how you see am, lol

i attend one of them pentecostal churches in europe,take ur friends to naija,I'm sure they will get enoff healing there grin grin
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by mazaje(m): 2:13am On Jan 04, 2009
busybein:

you want to bet? wink busybein is far gone in d business of maximum satisfaction,i need a medal sef cool

really, mazaje is a king when it comes to that, maximum pleasure guaranteed with extra stuffs to go with it as well.

i attend one of them pentecostal churches in europe,take ur friends to naija,I'm sure they will get enoff healing there grin grin

i wonder why pastors of european churches no dey claim to hell people when it comes to cancer, HIV/AIDS, broken bone, deafness, blindness or raising people from the dead. why be say na only nigerian pators dey do such things?
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by busybein: 2:19am On Jan 04, 2009
mazaje:

really, mazaje is a king when it comes to that, maximum pleasure guaranteed with extra stuffs to go with it as well.

mba,naaaa mazaje cant beat me to dis game,naaa not when i make d male specie whine like women,naaaaa infact u fit forget ur "kini" for my place run go grin grin grin

i wonder why pastors of european churches no dey claim to hell people when it comes to cancer, HIV/AIDS, broken bone, deafness, blindness or raising people from the dead. why be say na only nigerian pators dey do such things?

nigerians r more spiritual i guess,when it comes to the word spirituality no country beats naija to it
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by mazaje(m): 2:26am On Jan 04, 2009
busybein:

mba,naaaa mazaje can't beat me to this game,naaa not when i make d male specie whine like women,naaaaa infact u fit forget ur "kini" for my place run go grin grin grin

haba baby mazaje is the boss, do you know what mazaje means in hausa? go and ask around, its only real men that bear that name. men that are excellent in the business of giving pleasure. mazaje, has got some magic fingers, tongue and stick. don't even try to mess with mazaje, you will die from pleasure you have never experienced before.

nigerians r more spiritual i guess,when it comes to the word spirituality no country beats naija to it

nigerians are more spiritual or more gullible? do you believe that pastor adeboye drove his car for over 300km on an empty tank? grin
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by busybein: 2:37am On Jan 04, 2009
mazaje:

haba baby mazaje is the boss, do you know what mazaje means in hausa? go and ask around, its only real men that bear that name. men that are excellent in the business of giving pleasure. mazaje, has got some magic fingers, tongue and stick. don't even try to mess with mazaje, you will die from pleasure you have never experienced before.

ahahahaha mazaje,for dis one i will argue till thy kingdom come,lai lai,busybein is a proff oooo,i swear if u dont jerk out 3 times at a go,make u know say no be me busybein dey talk,infact i will teach u diff styles and postions(squatting,and stradling) grin grin

nigerians are more spiritual or more gullible? do you believe that pastor adeboye drove his car for over 300km on an empty tank? grin

i believe,there is nothing God and faith cannot do
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by mazaje(m): 2:42am On Jan 04, 2009
busybein:

ahahahaha mazaje,for this one i will argue till thy kingdom come,lai lai,busybein is a proff oooo,i swear if u don't jerk out 3 times at a go,make u know say no be me busybein dey talk,infact i will teach u diff styles and postions(squatting,and stradling) grin grin

have you ever orgasmed 12 times in one session? try mazaje, you go pack your kaya run, you won't be able to stand the heat and pleasure. wallahi no lie.

i believe,there is nothing God and faith cannot do

do you have faith? if you do i want you to take your car if you own one, make sure that it is empty and has no drop of fuel in it pray to god and drive it around. i will be waiting for the result of the experiment.
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by busybein: 2:51am On Jan 04, 2009
mazaje:

have you ever orgasmed 12 times in one session? try mazaje, you go pack your kaya run, you won't be able to stand the heat and pleasure. wallahi no lie.

make i hiaaa word mazaje,i will leave u wt a muscle pull by d time im done,looking at my skin alone go make u cumm like rushing tap grin grin grin shocked shocked not to talk of d real action,when i show some grinding moves and skills on u,u know rolling and cool

do you have faith? if you do i want you to take your car if you own one, make sure that it is empty and has no drop of fuel in it pray to god and drive it around. i will be waiting for the result of the experiment.

when the devil came wt a proposal similar to dis,wat did JESUS SAY?thou shall not tempt the lord thy God
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by tope2000(f): 2:53am On Jan 04, 2009
see as una dey flirt on religion section, Kai grin grin grin grin
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by busybein: 2:56am On Jan 04, 2009
tope2000:

see as una dey flirt on religion section, Kai grin grin grin grin

u wan join,i hope mazaje go like party grin grin grin

mazaje dey argue wt me,say him sabi do,lai lai,i no gree, grin grin grin i go swing d guy left,right,down,up center in a jiffing cool
Re: Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief by tope2000(f): 3:00am On Jan 04, 2009
busybein:

u wan join,i hope mazaje go like party grin grin grin

Mazeje is on a whole different level compare to guys i flirt with grin grin grin
I dash u, na only u fit handle am cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

September 23, 2015 Something Strange Is Going To Happen On That Day. / Pastor Sunday Adelaja Now On Drugs, Passport Seized As Lawsuit Continues / Where Is The Garden Of Eden Located.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.