Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,530 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

My Dog's Life... - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Dog's Life... (14904 Views)

Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe / My Dog Is The Cutest And Most Photogenic In Nigeria == Prove Me Wrong! / My Dog Is Going Blind :'( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dog's Life... by cbay(f): 10:24am On Feb 12, 2015
I'm so happy I finally Got my puppy. Its a South African Boerboel SAB Mastiff. I don't know the color but i think it's brindle something... The mother is quite huge and the father is bigger. The dog cost sha no be small. What do you think of my new pup? It's about 5 weeks old and the seller advised me to leave it to be weaned by its mom till its about 2 months before i come pick it up. He also promised to carry out all the necessary vaccinations before i come collect. What do you think. Does it look good and pure (I can;t tell by looking). I hear the dog breed eats too much is this true?? Please give me tips on how to groom her to become a companion. I plan to name her Chloe

see the picture of my new pup and the Mom

2 Likes

Re: My Dog's Life... by padeolu: 10:40am On Feb 12, 2015
pretty little puppy :*

the breeder is right about leaving her till shes 8weeks.

ehm! make sure she gets dhlpp...before taking her home..

If she's ur first, aws prepping concerning her housing and feeding?
Re: My Dog's Life... by MARKone(m): 5:35pm On Feb 12, 2015
cbay:
I'm so happy I finally Got my puppy. Its a boerboel. I don't know the color but i think it's brindle something... The mother is quite huge and the father is bigger. The dog cost sha no be small. What do you think of my new pup? It's about 5 weeks old and the seller advised me to leave it to be weaned by its mom till its about 2 months before i come pick it up. He also promised to carry out all the necessary vaccinations before i come collect. What do you think. Does it look good and pure (I can;t tell by looking). I hear the dog breed eats too much is this true?? Please give me tips on how to groom her to become a companion. I plan to name her Chloe

see the picture of my new pup and the Mom

Lovely puppy. How much did you get it and the location of the breeder.
Re: My Dog's Life... by cbay(f): 7:13pm On May 19, 2015
My puppy after 4 months and 2 weeks. She's growing tall by the day. Only that she's not putting on weight and lacks stamina. I give her Arion puppy dry and some cooked food at weekends.

Seun how do u suggest I make her gain more weight

I'm so fond of her

Cc Seun

1 Share

Re: My Dog's Life... by blasiangurl85(f): 2:04pm On May 20, 2015
Your puppy is really cute. She looks healthy to me. But I can give you some tips that I use for my 3+ month German Shepherd. I also feed him arion dry puppy food. I did a lot of research on the feeding guide and schedule for a German Shepherd. I think you will also benefit from researching online for feeding guide/schedule for a boerboel. Basically I feed him 3 times a day at set times 6am/12noon/6pm. I also mix his dry food with fish and chicken to bulk up on the protein content because I know that arion is not really a high quality dog food. I have a measuring cup I use to measure the amount of dry food I give him. If you find the feeding guide for your particular dog breed it should tell you how much in cups or grams they should eat. It took a lot of research and calculations for me to determine the amount of dry food to give because every brand has different amounts they suggest. He isn't BIG but I think for his age he's doing very well. Even the vets are surprised at his growth rate. When I got him he was 5kg at 8 weeks and now he's 15kg at 14 weeks. Anyway hope my ramblings help you in some way grin

2 Likes

Re: My Dog's Life... by code9(m): 4:05pm On May 20, 2015
blasiangurl85:
Your puppy is really cute. She looks healthy to me. But I can give you some tips that I use for my 3+ month German Shepherd. I also feed him arion dry puppy food. I did a lot of research on the feeding guide and schedule for a German Shepherd. I think you will also benefit from researching online for feeding guide/schedule for a boerboel. Basically I feed him 3 times a day at set times 6am/12noon/6pm. I also mix his dry food with fish and chicken to bulk up on the protein content because I know that arion is not really a high quality dog food. I have a measuring cup I use to measure the amount of dry food I give him. If you find the feeding guide for your particular dog breed it should tell you how much in cups or grams they should eat. It took a lot of research and calculations for me to determine the amount of dry food to give because every brand has different amounts they suggest. He isn't BIG but I think for his age he's doing very well. Even the vets are surprised at his growth rate. When I got him he was 5kg at 8 weeks and now he's 15kg at 14 weeks. Anyway hope my ramblings help you in some way grin

dd
Re: My Dog's Life... by cbay(f): 4:06pm On May 20, 2015
blasiangurl85:

Thanks for you reply. I have bought PRAZISAM to administer to her today. Though i gave her a dose of vermox last week. I want to be sure that i have properly treated her for worms. Please how do you measure the dog food? For me i use the can food container to serve her about a cup in the morning and a cup in the evening. I'm not always around in the afternoon to serve but she barely finishes the morning serving when i return to refill in the evening. Question is, how many grams of dry food does that wet food container hold. The container says 400 grams for the wet food content but when i use it to scoop dry food it doesnt weigh as much as it does with wet food content. So is there any other way of measuring?

I was advised to buy "DYNE supplement" and GorillaMax to boost her weight and muscle. But I'm still reasoning it.

Maybe I just worry too much about my dog, but she is not heavy and she is not looking malnourished as well. She weighs about 13kg now which is quite low for a boerboel. Is it because she's female??

sorry too many questions
Re: My Dog's Life... by tafolayan90(m): 4:26pm On May 20, 2015
How much did u get it
Re: My Dog's Life... by kolajoo(m): 5:49pm On May 20, 2015
I have same problem with my boerboel too Max by name and he's not eating as I want.
Re: My Dog's Life... by blasiangurl85(f): 8:01pm On May 20, 2015
I think the wet food container should be about 2 cups. I don't have any wet food container to compare, this is just a rough estimate. I give my pup 1 and a half cup for each feeding. When I did all my various calculations that comes up to about 935kcal for the day. I checked online and for a boerboel between 4-6 months they should consume about 1350kcal a day so that will be about 4-5 cups a day. And you are currently giving her about 4 cups so I think it's ok. What you can do is mix the dry food with wet food or like I do I mix it with fish and/or chicken and boy does he slurp the whole thing, but then he gets stinky fish breath lipsrsealed I don't know much about supplements so I can't advice on that. I give mine a supplement called pet forte. But really I don't think you should worry, large breeds shouldn't grow too fast and bulky as I read because they could get hip dysplasia and other problems. A lean dog is a healthy dog.
Re: My Dog's Life... by sweetpet(m): 8:28am On May 21, 2015
Male boerboel puppy 60k 4 quik sales.. Wud av uploded pix but my fon has lil p... Can adme on whtsap 08163958866

1 Like

Re: My Dog's Life... by sweetpet(m): 8:28am On May 21, 2015
Male boerboel puppy 60k , 4mnth female lhasa 55k, 2mnth pitbull 50k 4 quik sales.. Wud av uploded pix but my fon has lil p... Can adme on whtsap 08163958866
Re: My Dog's Life... by knyte(m): 8:43am On May 21, 2015
sweetpet:
Male boerboel puppy 60k , 4mnth female lhasa 55k, 2mnth pitbull 50k 4 quik sales.. Wud av uploded pix but my fon has lil p... Can adme on whtsap 08163958866
Just create a thread of yours
Re: My Dog's Life... by cbay(f): 9:29am On May 21, 2015
blasiangurl85:
I think the wet food container should be about 2 cups. I don't have any wet food container to compare, this is just a rough estimate. I give my pup 1 and a half cup for each feeding. When I did all my various calculations that comes up to about 935kcal for the day. I checked online and for a boerboel between 4-6 months they should consume about 1350kcal a day so that will be about 4-5 cups a day. And you are currently giving her about 4 cups so I think it's ok. What you can do is mix the dry food with wet food or like I do I mix it with fish and/or chicken and boy does he slurp the whole thing, but then he gets stinky fish breath lipsrsealed I don't know much about supplements so I can't advice on that. I give mine a supplement called pet forte. But really I don't think you should worry, large breeds shouldn't grow too fast and bulky as I read because they could get hip dysplasia and other problems. A lean dog is a healthy dog.

Thanks for your updates. you've been quite helpful. My dog is friendly and active. i took her for a walk yesterday for the first time and she was just panting like hell cheesy . I will just keep watching her to see how things go.

1 Like

Re: My Dog's Life... by megasamuel(m): 9:52am On May 21, 2015
sweetpet:
if this guy ain't a scam I would be surprised, I have checked every single of his topic he has never posted pictures or given any values details. but keeps having all kinds of dogs for sale.

2 Likes

Re: My Dog's Life... by knyte(m): 12:02pm On May 21, 2015
megasamuel:
if this guy ain't a scam I would be surprised, I have checked every single of his topic he has never posted pictures or given any values details. but keeps having all kinds of dogs for sale.
Ghost dogs.

1 Like

Re: My Dog's Life... by CountDracula(m): 2:02pm On May 21, 2015
Seun:
She's not skinny, just growing fast.
Ure obsessed with dogs
Re: My Dog's Life... by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 21, 2015
First time I'm seeing a lady who loves dogs the way you do @OP.. cheesy
Re: My Dog's Life... by steppin: 12:34am On May 22, 2015
CountDracula:
Ure obsessed with dogs
Damn right, he is! I won't be surprised if he beats someone up for maltreating a dog.
Re: My Dog's Life... by OlayemiKing(m): 3:35pm On May 22, 2015
blasiangurl85:
I think at 4 months 2 weeks old, the dog needs high calcium food as I can see from the pictures the legs that the bones are not well developed as they should. Also you need to keep in mind that as dogs gets older they naturally prefer more moisture content in their food. Let me not say much but if you need more information on this you can check out the website in my signature to this post. Once at the home page you can check the blog directory. I believe you will find something interesting about caring for dogs among few articles there.

Kind regards

1 Like

Re: My Dog's Life... by CountDracula(m): 8:38pm On May 22, 2015
steppin:
Damn right, he is! I won't be surprised if he beats someone up for maltreating a dog.
Hmmm... He's an ajebo, he can't beat an ant
Re: My Dog's Life... by steppin: 11:12pm On May 22, 2015
CountDracula:
Hmmm... He's an ajebo, he can't beat an ant
Kai! This guy don scatter Seun!
Re: My Dog's Life... by cbay(f): 1:05am On May 24, 2015
OlayemiKing:

I think at 4 months 2 weeks old, the dog needs high calcium food as I can see from the pictures the legs that the bones are not well developed as they should. Also you need to keep in mind that as dogs gets older they naturally prefer more moisture content in their food. Let me not say much but if you need more information on this you can check out the website in my signature to this post. Once at the home page you can check the blog directory. I believe you will find something interesting about caring for dogs among few articles there.

Kind regards

Which calcium supplement can I buy to add to her daily diet. Thanks
Re: My Dog's Life... by OlayemiKing(m): 2:02pm On May 27, 2015
cbay:

Which calcium supplement can I buy to add to her daily diet. Thanks

I believe it would be best if you visit a veterinary outlet close to you for advise on the one suitable for your pet. There re lots of calcium supplements for dogs out there. Cheers
Re: My Dog's Life... by pauloskiny: 12:51pm On May 28, 2015
malE brindle boerboel pup 4sale @ giv away price 55k its a stud puppy dats y is @ giv away price...dats d fada

Re: My Dog's Life... by pauloskiny: 12:53pm On May 28, 2015
7wkx if intrsted call 08084898984
Re: My Dog's Life... by cbay(f): 4:07pm On May 28, 2015
pauloskiny:
malE brindle boerboel pup 4sale @ giv away price 55k its a stud puppy dats y is @ giv away price...dats d fada

Sorry dude, my Chloe's already got a boyfriend his name is Jeff. Slightly younger but he'll be ready for action soon grin cheesy

Nice pup BTW tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dog's Life... by cbay(f): 4:10pm On May 28, 2015
my chloe at 2 months

1 Like

Re: My Dog's Life... by cbay(f): 9:12am On May 29, 2015
OlayemiKing:

I believe it would be best if you visit a veterinary outlet close to you for advise on the one suitable for your pet. There re lots of calcium supplements for dogs out there. Cheers

I went it the vet and he wanted me to buy canovel calcium tabs for her. I'm still considering it and its quite exp. #3500 Jeeze!

I also saw thus bullymax stuff. Is it good muscle and bone builder? What's ur suggestion on which to buy

Tx.

Cc Seun
Re: My Dog's Life... by cbay(f): 9:35am On Jun 15, 2015
My Chloe is 5 months now and counting. I have changed her food from Arion to Diamond naturals extreme Athlete. I think i'm noticing some improvement in weight gain and activity. Arion caused her to smell badly with frequent smelling poop soft as a butter. The offensive smell put me off alot.

Right now she's lost most of her puppy tooth except one which is stuck and refusing to fall off. It has started affecting the gum. I'm going to try pull it out or loosen it to allow it fall off. I hope she doesn't bite me in the process. She has bitten me before and I'm kinda careful these days with her.

What do you think about her y'all tongue tongue

see more pics here: https://www.nairaland.com/2281651/snap-upload-puppy-dog-here/15#34784190

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Join The Biggest Pet Store In Nigeria On Whatsapp / CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) / Caucasian Shepherd Dog Thread: Post Your Dogs Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.