Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,639 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:48 AM

My Dog's Life... - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Dog's Life... (15316 Views)

Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe / My Dog Is The Cutest And Most Photogenic In Nigeria == Prove Me Wrong! / My Dog Is Going Blind :'( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dog's Life... by knyte(m): 9:54am On Jun 15, 2015
cbay:
My Chloe is 5 months now and counting. I have changed her food from Arion to Diamond naturals extreme Athlete. I think i'm noticing some improvement in weight gain and activity. Arion caused her to smell badly with frequent smelling poop soft as a butter. The offensive smell put me off alot.

Right now she's lost most of her puppy tooth except one which is stuck and refusing to fall off. It has started affecting the gum. I'm going to try pull it out or loosen it to allow it fall off. I hope she doesn't bite me in the process. She has bitten me before and I'm kinda careful these days with her.

What do you think about her y'all tongue tongue

see more pics here: https://www.nairaland.com/2281651/snap-upload-puppy-dog-here/15#34784190
Apart from the fact that you chose the perfect name for her u have successfully jumped all hurdles. Your dog is doing wonderfully well and yes I agree about the arion and d smelly poop. Diamond is better as long as you can afford it. Keep it up
Re: My Dog's Life... by blasiangurl85(f): 11:24am On Jun 16, 2015
cbay:
My Chloe is 5 months now and counting. I have changed her food from Arion to Diamond naturals extreme Athlete. I think i'm noticing some improvement in weight gain and activity. Arion caused her to smell badly with frequent smelling poop soft as a butter. The offensive smell put me off alot.

Right now she's lost most of her puppy tooth except one which is stuck and refusing to fall off. It has started affecting the gum. I'm going to try pull it out or loosen it to allow it fall off. I hope she doesn't bite me in the process. She has bitten me before and I'm kinda careful these days with her.

What do you think about her y'all tongue tongue

see more pics here: https://www.nairaland.com/2281651/snap-upload-puppy-dog-here/15#34784190

You are so right about the arion food making their poo smell lipsrsealed I haven't used diamond naturals before but I'm sure it will be good. Initially I was feeding my pup diamond puppy but when I went online to research on it I found out diamond brand dog food has had a lot of product recalls in the past. And a lot of negative reviews on people's pets getting sick and all so that's why I decided to change to arion. She is a beauty. I really love the brindle colour(I have a feeling I said that before). And she's really growing. Shadow had a little problem when he was teething as well but he's better now. Do you give her just dry food or you mix it with wet food. My Shadow is so spoilt now. He won't eat only dry food unless I mix it with fish or chicken angry
Re: My Dog's Life... by cbay(f): 12:08pm On Jun 16, 2015
blasiangurl85:

You are so right about the arion food making their poo smell lipsrsealed I haven't used diamond naturals before but I'm sure it will be good. Initially I was feeding my pup diamond puppy but when I went online to research on it I found out diamond brand dog food has had a lot of product recalls in the past. And a lot of negative reviews on people's pets getting sick and all so that's why I decided to change to arion. She is a beauty. I really love the brindle colour(I have a feeling I said that before). And she's really growing. Shadow had a little problem when he was teething as well but he's better now. Do you give her just dry food or you mix it with wet food. My Shadow is so spoilt now. He won't eat only dry food unless I mix it with fish or chicken angry

I go first see fish and chicken chop first before my dog na cheesy grin
If she is so desperate for meat she can hunt down a lizard or chew termites for protein cheesy . To train dog no be beans sha.

I just give her strictly dry food without mixing anything mon - fri. She gets extra treat on weekends with wet food mix and home made dish.

2 Likes

Re: My Dog's Life... by blasiangurl85(f): 12:59pm On Jun 16, 2015
cbay:

I go first see fish and chicken chop first before my dog na cheesy grin
If she is so desperate for meat she can hunt down a lizard or chew termites for protein cheesy . To train dog no be beans sha.

I just give her strictly dry food without mixing anything mon - fri. She gets extra treat on weekends with wet food mix and home made dish.

Hahahaha you are so right. I think I have to be strict angry I tried before and he didn't eat so I gave in. Yes o! To train a dog isn't easy. I've had a lot of dogs but they were all lap dogs. Having such a huge dog is a big difference. How are you doing with her training?
Re: My Dog's Life... by wunmi590(m): 10:20pm On Jun 16, 2015
@ cbay, you have a nice looking dog, great women are now involved in pet (dogs) keep it up.

As for the smelling poo, it's most of the dry foods, I also feed my 4month Gsd "Bob Martin" and the smell is hell, so I have to be mixing the dry food with indomie waste and meat. My dog name is zara, she doesn't eat fish, tried it most of the time she just smell it and work away, but give her meat, she would finish it and lick the plate grin.

Please try giving your chloe meat and make sure you deworm her evry one month. Nice pup you got, I love huge dogs, but my fiance prefare Gsd et al grin

Re: My Dog's Life... by cbay(f): 8:50am On Jun 17, 2015
blasiangurl85:

Hahahaha you are so right. I think I have to be strict angry I tried before and he didn't eat so I gave in. Yes o! To train a dog isn't easy. I've had a lot of dogs but they were all lap dogs. Having such a huge dog is a big difference. How are you doing with her training?

Training is going on quite well. A least obedience training has sunk in. She understands, Sit, Come here, Down, No. Another thing she understands very well is my cane grin

I have a difficult time toilet training her. She poops as if the whole compound is under her acreage angry. SMH for dogs
Re: My Dog's Life... by blasiangurl85(f): 1:09pm On Jun 17, 2015
cbay:

Training is going on quite well. A least obedience training has sunk in. She understands, Sit, Come here, Down, No. Another thing she understands very well is my cane grin

I have a difficult time toilet training her. She poops as if the whole compound is under her acreage angry. SMH for dogs

Hehehe @ my cane. I don't "discipline" shadow but I wish I did sometimes and now when I try to be tough on him he thinks I'm playing. It's really annoying when I'm trying to be serious and he's just jumping and playing around. He's also good with his obedience training but I also got a trainer to teach him some other things that I can't. Only problem now is he listens to the trainer and not me angry I've tried yelling in my deepest baritone voice but all it does is excite him even more. About toilet training you should read up on crate training. It's very effective, that's what I basically did for my pup and within a week he was toilet trained. He goes in specific places which makes it a lot easier.

1 Like

Re: My Dog's Life... by Cobby01: 11:26am On Jun 19, 2015
Chloe is awesome and yes Borboel do eat large amount of food that is what makes them bigger and gigantic.
Re: My Dog's Life... by Prodeegee(m): 8:23am On Jul 03, 2015
megasamuel:
if this guy ain't a scam I would be surprised, I have checked every single of his topic he has never posted pictures or given any values details. but keeps having all kinds of dogs for sale.
you were probably right
Re: My Dog's Life... by cbay(f): 10:09am On Jul 10, 2015
Loool! Dogs sha know how to frustrate person. Can you imagine I bought 20kg bag of Diamond naturals extreme athlete for my dog and she just refuses to eat! I just dey laugh am because she never see hunger in person before grin grin

Anyway I observed that her digestive system performs poorly with dry food ( tried arion and diamond already..). She will stool liquid and frequent with bad smell.

Here's what I did that is currently working. I take my time to parboil the dry food. Put a cup and half in water and boil till its a bit pasty and then I add semovita, raw egg(if available), a little red oil, one pack of indomie (if available) and stir until it becomes hard like eba. I allow to cool off, break into peices and serve whole or with a lil soup on top.

I also achieve this by mixing dry food with rice and cooking them together. Since then She has been easting considerably well with firm stool and poops around once or twice a day (as I have noticed)

My dog is currently around 20kg ~ at 5-6months. though still lagging behind in weight. But I'm optimistic she'll pickup fine. tongue tongue

Damn... Typing aint easy bro.. see ya kiss kiss
Re: My Dog's Life... by cbay(f): 1:42pm On Aug 13, 2015
Hi NLanders,

I've been off grid for sometime now. Just thought I should update on my doggie Chloe. She's growing up now and putting on some pounds too. Last time I checked she was 30kg at 6months+.

Here are a few pics of my BB

1 Like

Re: My Dog's Life... by cbay(f): 1:44pm On Aug 13, 2015
I must confess. It's expensive to maintain foreign dogs. Just finished 40pounds bag of diamond extreme athlete. I'm running out of ideas on how to save cost on feeding.

Can someone pls give me a tip on alternative feeding solutions that will yield same result as dry. I'm working so I don't have time to cook always and feed my bitch. kiss grin

1 Like

Re: My Dog's Life... by code9(m): 10:18pm On Aug 13, 2015
Great. Your doing just fine. Keep it up babe
Re: My Dog's Life... by aguizm(m): 2:40pm On Aug 14, 2015
My sister if u follow strictly on bagged food u will run dry financially. Don't mind oyibo people making us feel as if home made food is bad for dogs so as to keep selling their dog food to us .

Go to any eatery around or a caterer and discuss with them on how they can b gathering leftover foods including meat and little bones. U give the cleaners small tips whenever u come to collect it.

That's what I have been doing for months now and my dog is doing perfectly fine. She is 15 months old now.

5 Likes

Re: My Dog's Life... by ENIGMA24(m): 11:39pm On Aug 15, 2015
Wow.......this is awesome, great job OP cheesy wink
Re: My Dog's Life... by ENIGMA24(m): 11:40pm On Aug 15, 2015
Wow.......this is awesome great job OP cheesy wink
Re: My Dog's Life... by cbay(f): 11:52am On Sep 24, 2015
Hmnn... I have passed through severe trying times on my Chloe. It appears reading a bitch is more tedious than males. My dog likes to much attention. Likes shakara alot. She's quite friendly and alert but hardly barks.

Chloe is currently 9 months here are a few pics taken weeks ago.

2 Likes

Re: My Dog's Life... by cbay(f): 11:56am On Sep 24, 2015
I had D opportunity to see Chloe's father last month. Damn that dog is a beast and pictures do it no justice. Dog is in Abuja. I was so scared I had to peep from a well protected balcony grin

1 Like

Re: My Dog's Life... by cbay(f): 12:02pm On Sep 24, 2015
Chloe has been feeling sick for 3 days. She doesn't eat anything. I have given her every thing yet she just dey form. It's very annoying. She only takes raw egg and custard.

I might sell her off if my bills continue to rise. cry
Dogs r not easy to raise especially these so called pedegree dogs. angry they just don't like blending into society like our mongrel brethren cheesy

Please what drug can u administer to help her regain health.

I no get money to go vet place abeg.

2 Likes

Re: My Dog's Life... by leksmedia: 6:43pm On Sep 24, 2015
You made a mistake from the start , u should have started introducing several food to the dog from the start , she will do shakara but will end up eating and also learn to hand feed the dog, I've trained my dog to that extent that she eats anything I eat , quite funny
cbay:
Chloe has been feeling sick for 3 days. She doesn't eat anything. I have given her every thing yet she just dey form. It's very annoying. She only takes raw egg and custard.

Dogs r not easy to raise especially these so called pedegree dogs. angry they just don't like blending into society like our mongrel brethren cheesy

3 Likes

Re: My Dog's Life... by cbay(f): 12:01am On Sep 25, 2015
Tx
Re: My Dog's Life... by knyte(m): 8:29am On Sep 25, 2015
cbay:

You've gone this far nd I knw aw it feels when finances keep draining and d dog is doing shakara.. Try spice up her meals with stuffs she won't resist,as long as she's eating egg it probably means shew bored with wat she was eating bfre.spice it up nd see wat happens afterwards

1 Like

Re: My Dog's Life... by cbay(f): 11:21am On Sep 25, 2015
knyte:

You've gone this far nd I knw aw it feels when finances keep draining and d dog is doing shakara.. Try spice up her meals with stuffs she won't resist,as long as she's eating egg it probably means shew bored with wat she was eating bfre.spice it up nd see wat happens afterwards

Thanks kynte. You've been helpful. Will be taken her to a vet today. Let's see how things turn up
Re: My Dog's Life... by knyte(m): 5:20pm On Sep 25, 2015
cbay:

Thanks kynte. You've been helpful. Will be taken her to a vet today. Let's see how things turn up
I av bin in ur situation so I knw aw it is and was almost on d verge of selling one of my dogs several times but smtin always comes up and I cross that threshold.. You won't regret it
Re: My Dog's Life... by cbay(f): 1:34pm On Nov 20, 2015
My people I greet you all grin

Been away for sometime.

My Chloe is now 10mths plus. Will upload some pics soon
Re: My Dog's Life... by cbay(f): 1:40pm On Nov 20, 2015
Well My hubby secured the service of an ALPHA Male AKC breed standard SAB Stud to service my Chloe for 3 consecutive days. grin cheesy
She was violated by this mean Dog. But I guess her litter will be superb in the end. tongue

I am praying to the skies for her to become pregnant oo, because to spend 40k for this stud wasn't an easy decision.
Please give me tips on how to take care of her during this pregnancy cycle

bobbysaxy, Prodeegee, Kynte, code9, Seun.

1 Like

Re: My Dog's Life... by peyton84: 1:57pm On Nov 20, 2015
cbay:
My puppy after 4 months and 2 weeks. She's growing tall by the day. Only that she's not putting on weight and lacks stamina. I give her Arion puppy dry and some cooked food at weekends.

Seun how do u suggest I make her gain more weight

I'm so fond of her

Cc Seun

Is it just my inner eye or what?When was the last time you had it dewormed...?In some cases you may even be feeding your pet with one of the best feeds around (Taste of the wild) if the said dog hasn't been dewormed it may not live up to that expected potentials you desire from it.
Just a factual suggestion!
Re: My Dog's Life... by cbay(f): 2:16pm On Nov 20, 2015
peyton84:

Is it just my inner eye or what?When was the last time you had it dewormed...?In some cases you may even be feeding your pet with one of the best feeds around (Taste of the wild) if the said dog hasn't been dewormed it may not live up to that expected potentials you desire from it.
Just a factual suggestion!

My dog has gone way beyond that now. she's around 95 pounds now
Re: My Dog's Life... by knyte(m): 4:20pm On Nov 20, 2015
cbay:
Well My hubby secured the service of an ALPHA Male AKC breed standard SAB Stud to service my Chloe for 3 consecutive days. grin cheesy
She was violated by this mean Dog. But I guess her litter will be superb in the end. tongue

I am praying to the skies for her to become pregnant oo, because to spend 40k for this stud wasn't an easy decision.

It's knyte oo *covers face. Now how would you have felt if u had go of chloe then, glad u didn't. Let's hope for a successful mating and within 3-4wks u shld have confirmation and start preparing for the task. But meanwhile give enough protein, don't overfeed her, multivitamins to aid her tru the process as u wanna keep her in top shape and lastly prayer for safe delivery grin
Re: My Dog's Life... by cbay(f): 5:11pm On Nov 20, 2015
Lord Knyte, no blame me this your name resemble One thing we take dey play when we were kids. You know that paper thing that flies high in the sky tongue

Anyway, I pray my dog delivers like the Hebrew dogs grin
I will appoint you as the God parent of my puppies cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Dog's Life... by DidiLove1: 6:35pm On Nov 20, 2015
cbay:

It's never advisable to mate large breed dams BEFORE their 3rd heat. Going by the information you provided at the start of this thread in February, I will place the age of your dog at 10 - 11 months. Only in exceptional and rare cases can dams in this age bracket have experienced their 3rd heat. You must have heard of miscarriages, stillbirths, single-pup littering, etc. How well did you research mastiff breeding before mating your dog? How well are you prepared to cater for a pregnant dog? And when she litters, do you have the time and space to care for the litter?

Please read http://www.thedogplace.org/BREEDS/Mastiff/Breeding-When&How_Arney-061.asp. My two shillings.

1 Like

Re: My Dog's Life... by knyte(m): 7:39am On Nov 21, 2015
cbay:
Lord Knyte, no blame me this your name resemble One thing we take dey play when we were kids. You know that paper thing that flies high in the sky tongue

Anyway, I pray my dog delivers like the Hebrew dogs grin
I will appoint you as the God parent of my puppies cheesy
Lol, I will gladly b a proud God father grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies / Do U Have Pups U Find Difficult To Sell / Join The Biggest Pet Store In Nigeria On Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.