Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

The Best Advise From My Late Mothers Diary. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Best Advise From My Late Mothers Diary. (457 Views)

My Husband Wants Divorce After Taking My Late Husband’s Possessions – Wife / The Son My Late Dad Had Out Of Wedlock Locked My Mum Out Of Our House, Pls Advis / How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Best Advise From My Late Mothers Diary. by suggyspic: 3:27pm On Feb 12, 2015
I went to the village to cleanup the house in preparation for my late mothers remembrance that would be coming up on 20th, as i was going through her belonging in a sad mood, i came across her diary, a little peep into it, i saw this quote, "The best advise you can take is the one you give yourself". I thought about this quote, and ask myself, what advise have i given myself with the guidance of my mum that i am proud of significantly today. Memories of so many flooded my thoughts. The most outstanding one is the time i failed my Jamb examination and in annoyance wanted to enter the priesthood. I remembered my mum telling me, Uche you are not cut out for this priest-hood thing, why not channel your anger towards making a better grade.

I took the advise, made my choice, applied it and today i have never regretted the changes mums guidance have made to my life. I wonder the kind of priest i would have turn out to be. RIP mummy till we meet to part no more.

Lets share. What significant advise have you given to yourself through mums or dads guidance that you are happy you made?
Re: The Best Advise From My Late Mothers Diary. by achinaboy(m): 3:59pm On Feb 12, 2015
rip 4 ur mom,,,but u fail jamb,and u wanted to try the priesthood,,that was funny, in priesthood, no failing of exams,i was there,,could have been a bitter experience
Re: The Best Advise From My Late Mothers Diary. by coldgate(f): 9:35pm On Feb 12, 2015
The best advice my mum gave to me while growing up is: There is dignity in labour. Don't be lazy. I became independent and hardworking at a young age and today, I am not only smiling to the bank, but also a reference point to some people around me.

(1) (Reply)

Love Is A Kolanut :D - Yes Oooo / Is It Right For A Parent To Have A Favourite/preferred Kid? / No Family Member Has The Mind And Courage To...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.