Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,704 members, 7,831,206 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

BREAKING!!! Boko Haram Attacks Police Station And Foiled At Gov’s Office. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING!!! Boko Haram Attacks Police Station And Foiled At Gov’s Office. (2190 Views)

PHOTOS: Saraki And Dogara At Gov. Tambuwal’s Daughter Dinner Party / Soldier That Foiled Suicide Bomb Attempt On Bakassi IDP, Borno / Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING!!! Boko Haram Attacks Police Station And Foiled At Gov’s Office. by truthispainful: 3:56pm On Feb 12, 2015
Boko Haram insurgents bombed a police station in northeast Nigeria, as the Islamists pressed on with attacks despite a multinational offensive targeting their strongholds, witnesses and security sources said Thursday. Separately, an attempted suicide attack was foiled outside a political office elsewhere in the embattled northeast, raising fears of growing unrest in the run-up to Nigeria’s general election, which has been postponed by six weeks. The Boko Haram uprising has raged for six years, killing more than 13,000 people, and the sect has in recent months increasingly posed a regional threat. Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad and Niger have since the start of this month launched an unprecedented joint effort to crush the uprising, raising hopes that this new cooperation could turn the tide. In a nationally broadcast interview on Wednesday, Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan vowed that “serious advances will be made” over the next six weeks, meaning security will have improved by the new election day, March 28. “But I’m not saying (we will) wipe out Boko Haram,” he added. The insurgents have proved resilient throughout the conflict and despite initial claims of success, few believe the regional military teamwork can contain the conflict in the short term. – Police attacked – Scores of militants armed with guns and explosives stormed a police station in the town of Kanamma in Yobe state late Monday, multiple sources told AFP. Details of the violence took days to emerge because of the poor phone network in the remote area. “The terrorists overpowered our men and set the police station on fire before kidnapping the DPO (district police officer), whose body was later found in the bush,” said one senior officer, who requested anonymity. Several other policemen were killed, he added. That account was supported by Kanamma resident Maina Kachalla, who said the police station was bombed and burnt down. Kanamma holds significance in the history of the Boko Haram conflict. The group was formed in Maiduguri, the capital of neighbouring Borno state in 2002 but a hardline faction relocated to Kanamma in 2004 and attempted to form an extremist enclave in the town which they called “Afghanistan”, taking inspiration from the Taliban. They clashed with the military in Kanamma in January 2004 in the first known case of unrest involving the group that later become known as Boko Haram, which roughly means “Western education is forbidden”. The latest violence there was several hundred kilometres (miles) from the eastern edge of Borno state, the current epicentre of the multi-national offensive, which indicated that regional armies have substantial ground to cover if they hope to crush the insurgency. – Attempted suicide blast – In Yobe’s economic capital Potiskum, multiple witnesses said an attempted suicide bombing was thwarted outside the campaign office of Governor Ibrahim Geidam. The suspect reportedly raised suspicion by loitering outside the office and was confronted by a crowd, causing him to run into an abandoned building where he blew himself up, according to witness Abubakar Ubale, in an account borne out by two others. A similar incident outside a political office killed seven people on February 1 in Potiskum, while the next day a suicide bombing hit a presidential campaign rally in Gombe just after Jonathan left the site.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/boko-haram-attacks-police-suicide-bombing-foiled-governors-campaign-office-witnesses/#sthash.q1OBtGmy.dpuf
Re: BREAKING!!! Boko Haram Attacks Police Station And Foiled At Gov’s Office. by chromoTop: 4:08pm On Feb 12, 2015
6 weeks - 5 days = 5 weeks & 2 days. we are waiting cool

Precisely last week I came across a post where the Military claimed to have surrounded 6,000 Boko Haram fighters. I challenged some popular trolls here to the veracity of that update from the NA, it has gone under since. We are waiting for updates on that too. cool

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING!!! Boko Haram Attacks Police Station And Foiled At Gov’s Office. by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 12, 2015
Buhari pls call ya boiz to order!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Boko Haram Attacks Police Station And Foiled At Gov’s Office. by channelz: 4:21pm On Feb 12, 2015
shocked
Re: BREAKING!!! Boko Haram Attacks Police Station And Foiled At Gov’s Office. by dhantey324(m): 4:22pm On Feb 12, 2015
We shall overcome bh.. It looks as if some peeps here are happy when the news of any attack come up.. Shame!
Re: BREAKING!!! Boko Haram Attacks Police Station And Foiled At Gov’s Office. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 12, 2015
chromoTop:
6 weeks - 5 days = 5 weeks & 2 days. we are waiting cool

Precisely last week I came across a post where the Military claimed to have surrounded 6,000 Boko Haram fighters. I challenged some popular trolls here to the veracity of that update from the NA, it has gone under since. We are waiting for updates on that too. cool
patiently waiting

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Boko Haram Attacks Police Station And Foiled At Gov’s Office. by Nutase: 4:57pm On Feb 12, 2015
5 weeks too go.
Re: BREAKING!!! Boko Haram Attacks Police Station And Foiled At Gov’s Office. by omazus: 5:31pm On Feb 12, 2015
So bad
Re: BREAKING!!! Boko Haram Attacks Police Station And Foiled At Gov’s Office. by geedeex2(m): 5:51pm On Feb 12, 2015
The military needs to change its approach to this insurgency
Re: BREAKING!!! Boko Haram Attacks Police Station And Foiled At Gov’s Office. by Idiataqueen(f): 5:59pm On Feb 12, 2015
Buhari buhari God Is Seeing u sha We Nigerian are fool infact our pastors in dis country are no more relevant or maybe God have sponken to dem but just feel like keeping quit my last word to buhari i want u to know dat u not d owner of ur life shikena

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Boko Haram Attacks Police Station And Foiled At Gov’s Office. by Idiataqueen(f): 6:03pm On Feb 12, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
he wont becos his up to sumtin dat only God knows all i know is dat God Knows everytin and his secret is with his ple

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Boko Haram Attacks Police Station And Foiled At Gov’s Office. by BRAV0O(m): 6:03pm On Feb 12, 2015
Idiataqueen:
Buhari buhari God Is Seeing u sha We Nigerian are fool infact our pastors in dis country are no more relevant or maybe God have sponken to dem but just feel like keeping quit my last word to buhari i want u to know dat u not d owner of ur life shikena
I'll just smh for u

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Boko Haram Attacks Police Station And Foiled At Gov’s Office. by UrennaNkoli(f): 6:04pm On Feb 12, 2015
I thought their chief commander said he'll calm down his warriors within 6 weeks.
Re: BREAKING!!! Boko Haram Attacks Police Station And Foiled At Gov’s Office. by Idiataqueen(f): 6:09pm On Feb 12, 2015
BRAV0O:
I'll just smh for u
watever I Dont care u c sumtimes u will say somtin dat is so so much clear to u but ple will think u are mad and dat is wat is happening now but do i care? i dont think so
Re: BREAKING!!! Boko Haram Attacks Police Station And Foiled At Gov’s Office. by BRAV0O(m): 6:18pm On Feb 12, 2015
Idiataqueen:
watever I Dont care u c sumtimes u will say somtin dat is so so much clear to u but ple will think u are mad and dat is wat is happening now but do i care? i dont think so
just be objective daz'all
Re: BREAKING!!! Boko Haram Attacks Police Station And Foiled At Gov’s Office. by tdayof(m): 7:09pm On Feb 12, 2015
Boko-Haram can someone tell me what it means?
Re: BREAKING!!! Boko Haram Attacks Police Station And Foiled At Gov’s Office. by Babacele: 9:12pm On Feb 12, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Gej pls talk to Alimod sheriff o!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Boko Haram Attacks Police Station And Foiled At Gov’s Office. by Fash20: 9:15pm On Feb 12, 2015
Idiataqueen:
I won't be forced to call you Mumu.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Boko Haram Attacks Police Station And Foiled At Gov’s Office. by Babacele: 9:21pm On Feb 12, 2015
Idiataqueen:
If you are lying against an innocent man, God ll judge you. Gej refused to give our soldiers beta weapon despite huge budget for 5yrs. Gej is protecting Alimod sherrif , d sponsor of boko haram. the immediate IG of police was indicted in killing of christain s in Jos but Gej went ahead to make him IG of police. who is fooling who?

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING!!! Boko Haram Attacks Police Station And Foiled At Gov’s Office. by Idiataqueen(f): 10:21pm On Feb 12, 2015
Fash20:
I won't be forced to call you Mumu.
I dont care if u lik call me fool dat is ur own headache
Re: BREAKING!!! Boko Haram Attacks Police Station And Foiled At Gov’s Office. by Idiataqueen(f): 10:24pm On Feb 12, 2015
Babacele:
If you are lying against an innocent man, God ll judge you. Gej refused to give our soldiers beta weapon despite huge budget for 5yrs. Gej is protecting Alimod sherrif , d sponsor of boko haram. the immediate IG of police was indicted in killing of christain s in Jos but Gej went ahead to make him IG of police. who is fooling who?
amen all i know is dat GOD is not a fool
Re: BREAKING!!! Boko Haram Attacks Police Station And Foiled At Gov’s Office. by alaoeri: 10:28pm On Feb 12, 2015
Idiataqueen:
You sound like a eeediatqueen.
6weeks asked by the service chief will soon be over & see what game plan they will come up with but hopefully they conquer the insurgents.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Boko Haram Attacks Police Station And Foiled At Gov’s Office. by Fash20: 6:54am On Feb 13, 2015
Idiataqueen:
I dont care if u lik call me fool dat is ur own headache
just siddon make we see road jare

(1) (Reply)

Let's Talk About CEO Of Nairaland.. / Hundreds Of APC Members Defect To PDP In Jigawa / Senate President Should Go To The West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.