Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,328 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? (36567 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / ''if You Used This Go And Get Married'' / Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by Kingpost(m): 8:50pm On Feb 12, 2015
it all depends on individuals ,am an igbo ,i married at the age of 23 ,i already have a son.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by bigname90(m): 8:50pm On Feb 12, 2015
Sookul:
but can you complete this : a full at forty is ............. Please i didnt abuse anyoneoo

Wat has marriage gott to do wit fool at forty did u suck breast milk wen u were born
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Feb 12, 2015
georgee:
Stewpid Igbo tribe..Love money pass their lives
u that don't love money, dat hates money may money neva locate u, it ur family IJN...amen

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by RomanceLander(f): 8:51pm On Feb 12, 2015
noblealuu:

You are so pretty! Rep Igbo wella o

Thank you dearie.... being an Igbo is a privilege....... I must tell you.

Are you an Igbo?

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by okonelfg(m): 8:51pm On Feb 12, 2015
@ op its igbos not ibos,we owned d name not u,we decide on hw to write it nt u,we decide on hw to pronouce it nt u. bak to d matter .......we igbo men decide on wen to marry nt u, so dnt border knwing.hmmmmm face ur tribe

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by lazsnaira(m): 8:52pm On Feb 12, 2015
DEagle1:
I have discovered that Ibo guys marry much later than thier counterparts of other tribes in Naija. Take for instance an average Hausa Man gets married very early even as a teenager. At 25 a Yoruba guy is already considering settling down and something similar applies to other tribes except the Ibos. At 35 Ikechukwu is happily single ; still posting Chioma his girlfriend. This trend has in turn affected their ladies. Why not? They must wait for Obinna to propose nah. Little wonder some of them has 'menopausal' marriages. Why is this a peculiar trend for Ibo men? Any benefits?
Get some details on Igbo Marriage below:
http://www.lazarusogbonna.com/2015/01/the-brouhaha-about-marrying-igbo-girl.html
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by xynerise: 8:53pm On Feb 12, 2015
Idowuogbo:

Brah,you can't afford Badosky. tongue
say wetin happen? No be wetin you don chop before you go chop? E pass meat pie and puff-puff? undecided
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by Franklyne(m): 8:53pm On Feb 12, 2015
dechandel:
With this worthless piece of shyte you just posted,i had to sneak a peek on your profile.. Oh boyy. Was i disappointed?? shocked Hell ya!!
Who the hell let you on the internet without adequate supervision

You look like a secondary school student who just got home for his mid term break!!!

If you've spent more than a decade on earth,i would have given you a welcoming thumb lash!

But nah, cant remember the last time i hassled my kid brother's mate on the internet!!

So run along boy!! kiss
Hahahahaha..laff wan kill me oo...shey na bcus say I talk say yha papa neva see that kain money..na y u compose all dis ones for me..BOMB DEY UR HEAD!
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by RomanceLander(f): 8:53pm On Feb 12, 2015
lygn19:
u that don't love money, dat hates money may money neva locate u, it ur family IJN...amen

Hahahahhahahahahah not a good prayer at all
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by redsun(m): 8:55pm On Feb 12, 2015
You don't have to be married when you are not financially anchored. It is like living hell. It doesn't matter the age,but when you are ready,everything jells.

Money makes the world go round and knowledge conquers all.
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by noblealuu: 8:57pm On Feb 12, 2015
RomanceLander:

Are you an Igbo?

Yea, I hail from Ebonyi!

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by Franklyne(m): 8:59pm On Feb 12, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

You see ya life...When the chica begin slain u,u go talk say Naija gels geh bad mouth.
Nigga mind yha biz..focus on ur forthcoming JAMB nd make yha parents proud
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by Setaje(f): 8:59pm On Feb 12, 2015
You guys are talking rubbish. Why must you be so rich before u marry. If not that the country is bad ideally at 25-28, guys should have settled down. Well most igbo men I know at 50, their first child will be 10 years. Is that life?. You won't understand until u are 60 and u are still paying school fees for a child in secondary school. Must you guys be so so rich before getting married? It doesn't make sense. Stop justifying rubbish. What is wrong is wrong. I don't expect u people to understand now till u see your mates who started early relaxing at age 60 while u are still training a child in school.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by Austinio: 9:00pm On Feb 12, 2015
DEagle1:
I have discovered that Ibo guys marry much later than thier counterparts of other tribes in Naija. Take for instance an average Hausa Man gets married very early even as a teenager. At 25 a Yoruba guy is already considering settling down and something similar applies to other tribes except the Ibos. At 35 Ikechukwu is happily single ; still posting Chioma his girlfriend. This trend has in turn affected their ladies. Why not? They must wait for Obinna to propose nah. Little wonder some of them has 'menopausal' marriages. Why is this a peculiar trend for Ibo men? Any benefits?
if you dont knw what to say just go to bed

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by lazsnaira(m): 9:00pm On Feb 12, 2015
DuchessLily:
Cos 4 dem na hustle sure pass, they have to make money...

And if dey wanna get married to their ibo babes, dey need large sum of money 4 d marriage rites etc

You don't need large sum of money if you don't have one. Check below to find out what it takes to marry an Igbo woman
http://www.lazarusogbonna.com/2015/01/the-brouhaha-about-marrying-igbo-girl.html
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 12, 2015
RomanceLander:

Are you an Igbo?
Pretty Igbo Chikala! What state are you from?
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by KingZYX(m): 9:01pm On Feb 12, 2015
dechandel:
2.5m

I am no giveaway product..
Pls i am worth more than 4m sef. angry

Worth more than 4m ko!
And u still wnt 2 no why u are still in fathers house
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by menix(m): 9:03pm On Feb 12, 2015
kent79:

grin

It is well with ur soul bro. God will provide

Broz, Baba J don b provide b4 buh I swear I nid som1 I will luv madly else I go wake 1 morning settle her to go bak frm where she came...
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 12, 2015
lygn19:
guy u dae talk anyhow o... na ppl like u dae cause quarrel.
who Cates if my word kills..... I don't care, its just the true talk. quarrel" with NL or who mumu.
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by emilyking77: 9:06pm On Feb 12, 2015
upto I looked at the draft that said $5555 , I be certain that...my... neighbours mother woz actualy erning money in their spare time on their apple laptop. . there dads buddy started doing this less than sixteen months and at present took care of the loans on there home and bought a new Cadillac . browse around this web-site............W­W­W.J­O­B­S­Y­E­L­P.C­O­M

Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by iiichidodo: 9:06pm On Feb 12, 2015
Setaje:
[s]You guys are talking rubbish. Why must you be so rich before u marry. If not that the country is bad ideally at 25-28, guys should have settled down. Well most igbo men I know at 50, their first child will be 10 years. Is that life?. You won't understand until u are 60 and u are still paying school fees for a child in secondary school. Must you guys be so so rich before getting married? It doesn't make sense. Stop justifying rubbish. What is wrong is wrong. I don't expect u people to understand now till u see your mates who started early relaxing at age 60 while u are still training a child in school.
[/s]

Shattap yu blackout blood clot.....We de champion an wi answer fi no babylon cuz wi de best,Fiyah bun yu.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by Jackeeh(m): 9:09pm On Feb 12, 2015
passiechu:
fourty ke!

It's amazing how u people can't spell 40. All u know is how to abuse. Btw it's "forty". Tml
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by Gynacologist(m): 9:09pm On Feb 12, 2015
iceberylin:
Cause we try to get lots of cash....

BRoke marriage aint cool...
tell emmm
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by ayusco85(m): 9:10pm On Feb 12, 2015
RomanceLander:
Op I think you Should replace that 'does ' with 'do'
and BTW, why say ibo instead of igbo. I really don't understand that word and how it came about. I know I'm am igbo girl not ibo..... Except of course there is another tribe called ibo

igbo na weed o. better use the word Ibo than IGBO. grin
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by frodobee: 9:11pm On Feb 12, 2015
RomanceLander:
Op I think you Should replace that 'does ' with 'do'
and BTW, why say ibo instead of igbo. I really don't understand that word and how it came about. I know I'm am igbo girl not ibo..... Except of course there is another tribe called ibo

What!!! Did any other(another) look up this profile?
Nne idi wooooged, idi gbasky. Biko otego m chobalu asa di mma m ga anu, e don tey wey I been dey look.
See I am not joking, I am ready. Just say yes.
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by jotax(m): 9:11pm On Feb 12, 2015
InZA:
You don't expect a guy of legal means and income to be able to build:

1- A community borehole,
2- Buy 2 cars for the bride's parents,
3-Build a community primary and secondary school(all which are part of the bride price)
before the age of 35...do you?... So that's why they marry late and that that's why if you take a census of the number of Single ladies in Nigeria as opposed to other tribes.. . Igbo ladies rank in first.
you geh mouth!
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by InZA: 9:12pm On Feb 12, 2015
jotax:

you geh mouth!

grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by lazsnaira(m): 9:15pm On Feb 12, 2015
InZA:

The truth of the matter is I didn't insult you.

I didn't attack your person.

I'm really not in the mood to soil my thumbs responding to you.... If not I would have crystallized the stupidiity in your post for every one to see... Because it's obvious you only see black.... Even in the thickest and whitest of snows.

By your response to my largely tongue in cheek post, I can tell that you flirt with frustration and this is my prayer.....may the good Lord bring peace to your troubled soul.
Go here and read about Igbo Marriage so that next time your tongue wouldn't cause trouble for you:
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by jotax(m): 9:15pm On Feb 12, 2015
Blackett:
Dumbass.

So how come each community in igbo land doesn't have a borehole for every lady that gets married? How come all parents with married daughters don't have more than 2 cars and I'm very sure your monumentally slow brain tells you igbos marry only from their tribe?

You are a what? A fool!
Chaiii... There is God!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by kenjudy(m): 9:16pm On Feb 12, 2015
Blackett:
Chase money first, then women will chase you and you'll be spoilt for choice. . . Works everytime.

Nne i ga adi ka echi maka echi adi agwu agwu oo. Oga abalighi

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by InZA: 9:17pm On Feb 12, 2015
lazsnaira:

Go here and read about Igbo Marriage so that next time your tongue wouldn't cause trouble for you:

k.
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by dayosaurus(m): 9:19pm On Feb 12, 2015
Optimall:
Even if the igbo guys marries late, they completely take care of their wife unlike the yorubas who doesn't even care if their wife dey chop. All they want is that name "married "and to hell with you woman,that is why in their culture adultery is allowed, because why? They are too lazy to work always looking for trouble and having no single strength to fight. The hausas, they love to marry thousands of women even when they can't be able to care for them, na lawlessness dey kill them. Which is better to marry someone appropriately or to just impregnate person carry am enter house, marriage don start...?! See dem, see dem mouth...

I guess otedola's wife is not well fed going buy your dumb analogy. adulterers?? maybe that alameiseigha's wife from imo state is also yoruba?. to lazy to work? I've never heard something more stupid. ethnic chauvinist like you don't go far in life n always die young.

pleas get a brain

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Some Men Package For Marriage And Deceive Women / Sisters Weep At The Grave Of Their Brother Who Was Buried On His Birthday. PICS / Missing Housewife Found In A Hotel As A Prostitute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.